Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 185588 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
"Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
Previous Thread.

You know what. Also, I have a deep harbored hatred for anybody who uses "spellcard". I won't hurt you or do anything for saying it but it's nice to know, isn't it?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:25:48 AM by LHCling »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Re: The Even Newer Spell Card Help Topic (Iteration: III)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »
So I'm fine with MarisaA!Patchy's spellcards, and most of EoSD Stage 4 in general, but how do you handle the second-last wave of fairies before Patchouli? The ones that come down from the ceiling in lines, then come out from the sides and stuff. On Normal/Hard I'd just go around them but I can't do that on Lunatic, they arc of the bullets is too wide. Is there a failsafe way to dodge them? :(

Heartbeam

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
Is there a failsafe way to dodge them? :(

Streaming and stuff.  It's a bit excessive to do it from the very start so you should plant yourself underneath the spawn points for the first two sets of kedama (a bit off the left side then a little more over to the right).  After that you should move to the right corner and stream the next two sets.  The ceiling spawn points for the two sets following that are the same as the first two, but flipped.  Use your judgment on how fast you should stream to cover the points as they come; the aimed bullets give plenty of room.  Then stream the last two sets coming from the side.

Or just sit underneath the spawn point for everything.  The end.

You can go around, and you're using Marisa at that, but you should plan beforehand.  If you're going to commit to memory where they pop out so you can be at the other end for swooping around, you may as well sit underneath where they come out.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:27:47 AM by Heartbeam »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:50:07 AM »
SA Stage 5. Any way to avoid bombspamming so much?

* Mewkyuu goes to watch some more replays

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:32:21 AM »
SA Stage 5. Any way to avoid bombspamming so much?

Stage 5, before Orin:
spirits at the beginning: don't shoot, then they will all explode at almost the same time, aiming bullets at you
orbs that come after: try to shoot them down, red small bullets aimed
1 orb + lots of dancing spirits: don't shoot

Midboss Orin
1st non-card: either micrododge through the minuscule gaps or unfocus and sway around them
2nd non-card: dodge
Cat-walk: follow her around to shoot her, bomb when she gets to the bottom

Post Midboss
spirits: keep shooting so that you kill some of them, or else they spawn too many tiny dots, stream the blue bullets that they fire when they are killed, bomb if you screw up
orbs: stream + graze graze graze all the bullets, you get all your power back
2 orbs + dancing spirits: don't shoot
stationary spirits: like the beginning, don't shoot unless you need power

Then it's Orin :V which I'm pretty sure there has been lots of posts asking already
non-cards: dodge and pray
zombie: lead them to corner, rush below Orin to shoot, repeat
spleen eater: just go through the gap between spokes of the wheel quickly and carefully
ghost wheels: aimed, dodge stuff
demon revival: kill the zombies somewhere far, shoot Orin, pray or bomb

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:41:24 AM »
advice

Hm, thanks I guess.

Will try this out.

* Mewkyuu is trying TH11's Stage 5 out

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
Safespot for third and fourth wave of Ageless Obsession? I can safespot the first two waves and I DO have one for the third wave, but it involves an incredibly narrow gap, and I don't have one for the fourth wave at all (since I only encounter it if I don't have full power).

Heartbeam

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
Safespot for third and fourth wave of Ageless Obsession? I can safespot the first two waves and I DO have one for the third wave, but it involves an incredibly narrow gap, and I don't have one for the fourth wave at all (since I only encounter it if I don't have full power).

Which difficulty?  Looking at your previous post I'd guess Hard, and you're using the safespot for the third wave around this position?

Gets me nervous as well, and I would just sit slightly more to the right then tap over to the left once the first bullet (left of Reimu) crosses past.  Never tried looking for a safespot for the fourth wave, and I would say look for gaps to the right of the enemy marker (unless you're trying to prove something with these safespots).  They're plentiful.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:58 AM »

Cat-walk: follow her around to shoot her, bomb when she gets to the bottom
stationary spirits: don't shoot
non-cards: dodge and pray
zombie: lead them to corner, rush below Orin to shoot, repeat

Telling someone to pray is never good advice. Catwalk is relatively trivial on normal, since you can easily guess the trajectories of frozen bullets near you. Dodge four waves from the center, then move to the left and dodge vertically. Kind of hard to explain, but just don't try to micrododge. Orin's opener is easy as long as you slip through a wave at least once, rather than following the path it makes. Zombie Fairy  is best if you only redirect once - start at the top left corner, move around Orin to the right, and dodge as you kill fairies. Her second noncard is easy if you stay in the middle of the screen, close enough that some breaks in the formation appear around you.

This might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCWA_yrhKw

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »
Which difficulty?  Looking at your previous post I'd guess Hard, and you're using the safespot for the third wave around this position?

Gets me nervous as well, and I would just sit slightly more to the right then tap over to the left once the first bullet (left of Reimu) crosses past.  Never tried looking for a safespot for the fourth wave, and I would say look for gaps to the right of the enemy marker (unless you're trying to prove something with these safespots).  They're plentiful.

The one that I'm using is right between the single bullet and double bullets that are on the topright of Reimu in your position. I use Sakuya, and that gap always seemed incredibly narrow, although as long as I can fit the gap and then move left or up a bit I can dodge the third wave. Fourth wave I have no idea at all but I often die to the spam on the stage so I thought I might need cover on that one in case on a real run I run out of bombs at the start of the stage too or something.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
I often die to the spam on the stage

Practice Youmu, then bomb during the stage spam. Youmu on Hard isn't that terrible when you memorize some of her patterns.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
>SA EXTRA
>REIMU C
>Before Midboss Sanae
>Blue kunai Faeries
>how?

Also, how to get full power with reimu C before sanae?

Bombing sanae away during dialogue. Good Or Bad?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9392
Didn't even bother trying Koishi (despite it being my first time there with said Shot Type) just in case you're one of those players who likes their surprises.

Good Or Bad?
Bad by a long shot.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
Undefined Darkness
How to unfail?

Also, the UFO extra stage in general
How to get to Nue without dying? I always die during the stage, wasting painfully gathered lives.
Current ufo plan: rainbow, red, green, blue, green, *triple bomb Kogasa*, red, green, whatever I can get
This is supposed to get me to enter Nue at least 4/3, but somehow I can't pull it off successfully.
Anybody has a better route?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:07:39 AM by jsonchiu »

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »
Undefined Darkness
How to unfail?

Bananamatic posted a video of a good strategy for that card a while ago, here. Works quite well.

Also, the UFO extra stage in general
How to get to Nue without dying? I always die during the stage, wasting painfully gathered lives.
Current ufo plan: rainbow, red, green, blue, green, *triple bomb Kogasa*, red, green, whatever I can get
This is supposed to get me to enter Nue at least 4/3, but somehow I can't pull it off successfully.
Anybody has a better route?

Learn Kogasa, don't worry about her last card though. Take out that blue in your route, they're completely useless for survival. If you want to get rid of the blue tokens, just collect them when a big UFO is on the screen. I'd give you a "better route", but if somebody is struggling on the dodging, memorizing a slightly better UFO route won't do anything, since pulling it off is a lot easier said than done. Your route is decent anyway, as far as I can tell. All I can recommend is to switch up your blue for anything else, and try to force more reds instead of greens. Don't be afraid to bomb for a red UFO, it's extremely profitable. If you haven't already, try to watch a few replays on gensokyo.org's replay archive, there's a few good tricks you can learn just from one or two replays. Just search up some good player like Baity or Jaimers and copy their stuff :V

Nue isn't very difficult anyway, getting to her with 4 or 5 lives should be enough to give you some good practice on her -- so don't worry about it too much. The most difficult part of the UFO extra stage is the stage portion, anyway. What shot type are you using, by the way? If you haven't already, try switching to Sanae B, she pretty much owns the whole stage. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to though, she's kinka lame in my opinion :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
UFO extra is the most fun(and also one of the easiest) imo

the spam fairies are aimed

the seizure grid after kogasa is trivialized by camping on the left or right side of the screen, most of the orbs die almost instantly so you'll only have to dodge the walls the fairy throws

also I find sanaeB kinda shitty, just pick MarisA or ReimuA
MarisA also makes blue UFO much easier so yeah

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
UFO extra is the most fun(and also one of the easiest) imo

also I find sanaeB kinda shitty, just pick MarisA or ReimuA

I find it rather tedious because death/failed spellcard means restart for me in Extra. If i decide to stop caring about perfectionism though its a fun stage yes.

But SanaeB is quite kickass Banana. You just don't realize it yet.

Bananamatic

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
I find it rather tedious because death/failed spellcard means restart for me in Extra. If i decide to stop caring about perfectionism though its a fun stage yes.

But SanaeB is quite kickass Banana. You just don't realize it yet.
low frontal power
also lol perfectionism

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »
low frontal power
also Ha ha, old chap! perfectionism

What? What's wrong with wanting to do things good? As long as things are fun it doesn't matter if you have to retry a lot. Unfortunatly for me though, ZUN seems to have gotten worse at that. Its usually something involving a shitty stage only to get to a gimmicky boss and/or not fun boss.

UFO Extra though, while Nue herself is quite a step up in gameplay from SA Extra (Koishi's largest threat is boring you to sleep. I would never go serious about perfecting Koishi) her stage portion has many things can get annoying if you want to perfect Kogasa+Nue+assembling a proper UFO chain.

Nue's a fun boss though so sometimes i just screw perfectionism and enjoy what UFO did well. Nue's final spell is my favorite card in UFO and the rest of her fight is also pretty enjoyable.

Bananamatic

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
if I could get 380m with MarisaB a few months back, then it can't be that hard

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Not as much hard as a combination of: Fuck, picked up wrong coloured UFO, derp died to something easy etc.

And i ended up with 400 which either means that SanaeB is better or I did better than you. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
SanaeB is loleasy scoring, compare the records :V

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »
Would anybody be so kind as to post some tips for Radiant Treasure Gun Lunatic? I know i asked this question before but it really seem to be the attack that messes up my Shou fights the most. So whatever tips you have for it, new or old, would be greatly appreciated.

SanaeB is loleasy scoring, compare the records :V

I know that. And by that we have our results. SanaeB is superior.

Bananamatic

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »
Would anybody be so kind as to post some tips for Radiant Treasure Gun Lunatic? I know i asked this question before but it really seem to be the attack that messes up my Shou fights the most. So whatever tips you have for it, new or old, would be greatly appreciated.

I know that. And by that we have our results. SanaeB is superior.
superior at stages, sucky at bosses

Formless God

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
UFO bosses are fair anyway.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:36:27 PM by Saigyouji Formless Nirvana »

Drake

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »
Note that the blue waves are much harder than the red waves, because the bullets become much more spread out and you have more room to dodge. You could try dodging in the left-right spaces on the blue waves anyways, just to see how it goes.

It looks like dodging to the left on the first wave is easy for the most part, but there seems to be a wall of bullets at the very end. It could be doable, but i dunno. Then lol easy red wave. The third looks pretty nice; you fit through the gap made by the spirally bullets (to the right), then go back to the left a bit and fit through that laser.

I'm going to try this out, I guess.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
UFO bosses are fair anyway.

The fairness gets drowned in stupid concepts and ideas  ::)
Just take VoPB. If you don't move at the right pace and redirect those lasers correctly you are screwed. There is hardly any dodging involved.

PSM. Don't have enough power or play as the wrong character. You will be screwed as well.

SanaeB has some decent firepower. ReimuA is better though. I only use SanaeB for Extra because she makes the stage really easy and are quite effective against Nue's UFO cards and because i suck at Marisa. I don't like her movement speed or her hitbox.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:38:42 PM by Zengeku the Viking »

Drake

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »
Drowned != a few examples

I like how you complain about a card that takes no dodging, then one that takes excessive dodging. Just friggin bomb PSM. If it takes you more than one bomb you're doing it wrong. Not having enough power means you've died before, and that's more of a general UFO bitching than anything. PSM is just particular because of the umbrellas, which take more bullets, not necessarily more power.

Oh, and  ::). Using one of those obviously means I'm right no matter what I'm talking about.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 04:59:37 AM »

I find sticking to the far right side of the screen makes dodging incredibly easy during this card. Unfortunately, it makes harming Shou almost impossible. My only tip would be to harm her as much as possible during the first wave, skip to the right side instead of the left, wait for her to cycle over, then follow her from right to left. Like I said, dodging on that side of the screen seems to make the card a lot easier, at least for me. It's really the only advice I have other than "fukken dodge", unfortunately.

The fairness gets drowned in stupid concepts and ideas  ::)

el oh el opinions

PSM. Don't have enough power or play as the wrong character. You will be screwed as well.

Oh really? PSM is hard? I didn't fucking know. Thanks for telling us.

Grossly superior at stages, pretty decent against bosses. Keep in mind Reimu A fucking wrecks any one target, and Marisa A has pretty good firepower as well, both due to the fact they are very forward focused. Sanae B is just below Marisa A in forward firepower, but still rapes the shit out of all the stages. She is a rediculusly good shot type. Kinda lame tbh :V

Oh, and hoppin' on the shit train

::)

choo choo

Edit: fixed a damn spelling error
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:35:08 AM by Naut »

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
Just friggin bomb PSM.

No. Never. I don't play that way. Except for 1cc purposes.

I find sticking to the far right side of the screen makes dodging incredibly easy during this card. Unfortunately, it makes harming Shou almost impossible. My only tip would be to harm her as much as possible during the first wave, skip to the right side instead of the left, wait for her to cycle over, then follow her from right to left. Like I said, dodging on that side of the screen seems to make the card a lot easier, at least for me. It's really the only advice I have other than "fukken dodge", unfortunately.

I haven't heard of this before but i'll give it a couple runs later on. Thanks.

el oh el opinions

Obviously.