Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263740 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.83 released]
« Reply #600 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:29 AM »
The typical solution is to turn the passive effect into an aura. I'll test if the 1 sec state change effect works or not.

Next update is scheduled for next friday. I'm hoping to get version 1.00 out before the end of the year if my art asset suppliers can meet the deadline.

Wypatroszony

« Reply #601 on: December 07, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
The typical solution is to turn the passive effect into an aura. I'll test if the 1 sec state change effect works or not.
Skill shrine changes the bonus effect from point 1 to 2 listed in my prev. post (very recent research), so this should too.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #602 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
Tested the 1 sec state change to update the passive stats. It works great. I've given it to all characters as an innate skill.

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #603 on: December 07, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
-Unique stat bonuses do already increase the stat. If it increased the skill level of the passive, the affix would have [(Class) only] on it.
THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! I meant like the +9 Power from Cirno's Strength
I still don't kno what you want with character sprites. Everything I'm using in my mod, even the custom stuff can generally be found on the net.
... wow. No Offense but that is just making a complete fool of yourself. Or me being bad at communication. I'm talking about like the models for the NPCs, the player character, and the monsters. Those kind of things.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #604 on: December 08, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »
+9 Power is exclusive to Cirno. Other people get percentage bonuses which are easily better lategame.

If you want the models, get it yourself. I have no need or any inclination to spend my time extracting something I have no use for.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #605 on: December 08, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »
+9 Power is exclusive to Cirno. Other people get percentage bonuses which are easily better lategame.

If you want the models, get it yourself. I have no need or any inclination to spend my time extracting something I have no use for.
The first part... ???
The second part... let's just say it doesn't feel like touhou without the correct art. Mmkay?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #606 on: December 08, 2012, 04:03:00 AM »
Making new character sprites would be an absolute motherfucker. Diablo 2 characters have hundreds upon hundreds of prerendered frames, all with different weapons and armor. It's just not feasible for a bunch of amateurs like us to produce something like that.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #607 on: December 08, 2012, 05:40:03 AM »
The player character alone would be satisfactory. for now...[/size]

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #608 on: December 08, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
Go here and read as many threads and guides as you can. Modding Diablo2 is not difficult if you can put in the effort.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #609 on: December 08, 2012, 06:14:36 AM »
The player character alone would be satisfactory.

I was talking about just the player character. That's probably like five thousand frames, not exaggerating.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #610 on: December 08, 2012, 06:24:28 AM »
I was talking about just the player character. That's probably like five thousand frames, not exaggerating.
ow.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #611 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
And now you know to research before you start complaining.
EDIT: Sent Flan's skills, Pesco. Just poke me for anything else.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #612 on: December 08, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »
Got them earlier and updated the documentation.

Wypatroszony

« Reply #613 on: December 08, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »
Though it makes sense for "Red the Nightless Castle" to slow the Miko down (and man, this slow is REALLY considerable), it would be nice to know about that from at least the skill description, as neither this nor a documentation mention anything at all.
Yes, I do know that normally Remilia doesn't move at all when performing "Red the Nightless Castle". No, I did not see the slow coming, despite that.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #614 on: December 08, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
I already thought of that and it will be included next update. The slow while RtNC is active is an emulation of the same skill from a Touhou DotA map, DotS. Several of the skills in LoM were made to be functional translations from there.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #615 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:04 AM »
Koakuma on Normal was not hard with my NekoMikoReimu, but then again I had a Hireling and a rare club with lightning. That club is Good club.
This is said club:
Wraith Gnash
Club [E]
One-Hand Damage: 16-20
+37% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-15 lightning damage
All resistances +2
+19% Maximum stamina
+1 to light radius
+50% damage to undead

My club is Good club for Early game. In other news, F.O.E!
I have recently become the proud owner of a NEET Outfit on my Fairy, who has Mokou as one of her main skillsets. And a REALLY AWESOME AXE! And that outfit is NEET!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:01:54 AM by Hawkpath1337 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #616 on: December 09, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
Made and tested the bonus content side levels. Getting into them should be no problem. I haven't decided how to populate the levels yet. With that, everything intended for LoM is almost ready.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #617 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
Idea for unique Crystal Wings(I'd prefer you make a version of this for each rank)
Flandre Claus
+3% enhanced defence per character level
+100% Cold Resistance
Adds 1-5 Cold Damage per character level
+1 to three randomly chosen Cirno skills(excluding Strength), add one more point to a randomly selected skill per character level
+1 to three randomly chosen Letty oskills(excluding Snow), add one more point to a randomly selected skill per character level
+1 to three randomly chosen Flandre skills(excluding Chaos), add one more point to a randomly selected skill per character level
+5 to Strength skill
+5 to Snow oskill
+5 to Chaos skill
+1 to Strength stat per level
+1 to Chaos stat per level
+1 to Snow stat per level

Feel free to tone it down a little. I think I went overboard.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #618 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:35 AM »
Holy shit Pesco what did you do to Patch? I died to her like eight times :ohdear:

Wypatroszony

« Reply #619 on: December 10, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »
Holy shit Pesco what did you do to Patch? I died to her like eight times :ohdear:
She acquired some magical properties from her side area equivalent. :V

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #620 on: December 10, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
My favorite Item in this mod? SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!

Wypatroszony

« Reply #621 on: December 10, 2012, 02:17:13 AM »
My favorite Item in this mod? SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!
Could you please stop showering this thread with posts like this one? I'd like to note that no one else shares how they fare since the very beginning, what AWESOME itemization have one got and what their favourite item type is.
Thanks in advance.

@Pesco: Is there anything in .83 remaining, that needs third party tests in specific? Except for the fact that Hourai Dolls are still worthless? To the point where cold based have trouble one shotting players 1 act 1 NORMAL WRAITHS with 25 Points in Hourai Dolls and 445 Dolls stat?

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #622 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »
Could you please stop showering this thread with posts like this one? I'd like to note that no one else shares how they fare since the very beginning, what AWESOME itemization have one got and what their favourite item type is.
Thanks in advance.

@Pesco: Is there anything in .83 remaining, that needs third party tests in specific? Except for the fact that Hourai Dolls are still worthless? To the point where cold based have trouble one shotting players 1 act 1 NORMAL WRAITHS with 25 Points in Hourai Dolls and 445 Dolls stat?
I kinda just needed to get the whole shoes thing outta my system. And the shoes are definetly going to get useless quick. I just have this tendency to go ShoooOOOOES when I see the shoes.
So here's some real feedback:
Remilia's Heart Break and Youmu's 200 Yojana in 1 slash are TOO MUCH FUN. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I expected Rin's Cat Walk to be like Blaze, not Fire Wall.
Kensei: SWORDS FOR EVERYONE![/Minsc]
The NEET Outfit is NEET.[/Bad Pun]
Suika's Second Skill is NEET.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #623 on: December 10, 2012, 04:51:11 AM »
Thanks in advance.

Thank you for saying this for me. And really, whatever gear you pick up now won't matter because version 1.00 will see a full wipe of your saves.

Alice's Dolls skill functions the same as Skeleton Mastery. Respec accordingly and see if you still have the same problem. As for testing, any of the summons could do with feedback. I admit I'm not a big fan of the summoner playstyle, so I'm rather blind about how to balance summons for scaling and utility.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #624 on: December 10, 2012, 05:04:27 AM »
Whatever gear you pick up now won't matter because version 1.00 will see a full wipe of your saves.
:(

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #625 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
I'm testing custom monster sounds for one of my bonus areas. The attached files are the sounds for the red Fallen. Which one sounds the most suitable?

Wypatroszony

« Reply #626 on: December 11, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
For the regular fallen, the higher pitch version fits better.
Regarding these bonus areas, what will be their "recommended" level requirement to survive in them? Or in other words, how much harder will they be in comparison to Act V on respective difficulty settings? (Somehow, I've got the baseless, pessimistic vision of all of them being harder than Act V, thus asked that way)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #627 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
Base stats mirror those of the mobs in the vanilla Pandemonium levels. The area level which scales those stats are the same distribution as my side areas, 60/105/130, Since you can only access them on Phantasm, it's 130 for you guys :V

« Reply #628 on: December 12, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »
I agree that the higher pitched voice suits the Fallen better. It meshes more with their voice in the regular levels as well.  Even still... a low pitched smooth voice from their tiny childlike frames just doesn't suit them imho.
I'll go ahead and take the opportunity to thank you while I'm at it Pesco. This mod has been excellent so far.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #629 on: December 12, 2012, 04:59:00 AM »
The custom monster sounds won't be ready yet for the update this friday. I need to rewatch a lot of Kamen Rider to find the right sound clips.