Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240335 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2010, 06:52:28 AM »
Finally completed the whole F16 map.  That took forever, since I die often from carelessness.  :V
Hahaha... that sounds familiar @_@

But it's a good idea to do so anyway.  That EXP will come in handy for you right about now XD

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
Hahaha... that sounds familiar @_@

But it's a good idea to do so anyway.  That EXP will come in handy for you right about now XD

I hope you like
Spoiler:
Suwako
cause she is very helpful/needed to win the fight 1st try.

Bananamatic

« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »
reached 15F
everything takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to kill

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »
15F is painful at first. After you spend a little time there, it becomes a lot more manageable.

The spirit-looking enemies are weak to SPI and FIR if I remember right. The jeweled shell stuff has either superhigh MND or DEF(both are still p.high), can't remember, but need to be taken out before they buff.  Then there's those things that are invincible to all but DEF-ignoring stuff and super strong attacks. Patch can handle them, as can Rumia, although whether it's actually worth taking Rumia along for 15F is debatable.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »
knights everywhere
goddamnit

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
15's pretty much where trash starts being serious business; you'll get into a pattern of the trash wiping the floor with you for 5 or so levels and then starts being manageable. Pretty soon you'll wonder why it ever gave you trouble (although certain trash, especially in the Plus Disk, is still very able to kick your ass even after you've leveled a while, so never take trash fights for granted).
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
Best character for debuffing F16 boss?  (unrelated, I got the bottom of the page post 3 times in a row :V)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
If your de-buffing try
Spoiler:
Reisen's Discarder and Komachi's Narrow Confines of Avici or w/e, Avici is great for increasing the damage you deal, Discarder for everything.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »
Holy crap,
Spoiler:
Yukari's
theme.  I could have won if she let
Spoiler:
Suwako
have a turn.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2010, 06:00:32 PM »
That was... Easy.  Defeated
Spoiler:
Yukari
in second try.  Is level 81 Reimu overleveled?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
81 looks about right

« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
Man, cheat engine is being quite bothersome. At first, the cheat table provided by Pesco showed ?? as values, and couldn't be changed, now most of them have numbers ranging from 70 to about 29660629 or so, in places they definitely shouldn't. Changing any of these numbers didn't help either, and yet again, finding the adress of one already listed showed a different adress for the same functionality stated.

What the balls?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
Try this: Find one address and match the new address to the old one. All the cheat addresses should be offset by the same amount

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
Is it good to skip 17F?  Or should I explore it

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
Try this: Find one address and match the new address to the old one. All the cheat addresses should be offset by the same amount

Woah. Dicked around with CE looking for a clue as to what you suggested, having no experience with CE more than searching for adresses and well, I somehow did it when I had copied the adress for SKP after battle and then did some recalculation things when rightclicking the SKP after battle in the cheat table, and it had some numbers input already, and when I clicked OK, shit got real.

Or one could say that it started working properly. I don't know what the eff just happened, but I guess you used magic, Pesco, because that's the only conclusion I can come to. Thanks.

Is it good to skip 17F?  Or should I explore it

Well, it's a piece of shit floor, and I can say that I gtfo'd asap, but that backfired when 18F showed me a new definition of hell and pain, due to lack of levels. I don't know if I forgot any items so I don't know what I missed equipment-wise, but I definitely lost a lot of levels/SKP.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:51:09 PM by Gharlam »

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
Well, it's a piece of shit floor, and I can say that I gtfo'd asap, but that backfired when 18F showed me a new definition of hell and pain, due to lack of levels. I don't know if I forgot any items so I don't know what I missed equipment-wise, but I definitely lost a lot of levels/SKP.

That's what I'm going through atm :V time to go back to 17F

« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »
Pesco, do you know if it's possible to speed-hack the game with CE? Been trying with the big button that says speedhack, but it seemingly does nothing, not unlike goggles.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2010, 08:49:52 AM »
That was... Easy.  Defeated
Spoiler:
Yukari
in second try.  Is level 81 Reimu overleveled?
Yeah, considering I took her down with my party at 55-60, if I remember right.

She's not that hard. 
Spoiler:
All it takes is Cirno to debuff her SPD and she's helpless 8D

Also, honestly, skip F17.  It makes the start of F18 a bit worse, but honestly, I found F17's trash far more dangerous than F18's.  You just need to learn which enemies to run from (The knights and Gold Sorceresses in particular)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Pesco, do you know if it's possible to speed-hack the game with CE? Been trying with the big button that says speedhack, but it seemingly does nothing, not unlike goggles.

Why would you need to speedhack a turn based game? Anyways, check the speedhack box and then change the number that appears to what you want the normal speed multiplied by.

« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:59 AM »
Why would you need to speedhack a turn based game? Anyways, check the speedhack box and then change the number that appears to what you want the normal speed multiplied by.

Only due to the necessary mook-rolling when exploring would I want it. Well, I ain't noticing anything different at all, so if that's the only way to do it and should be working without any changes, then I'll just give up on that for now. Thanks anyway.

Bananamatic

« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2010, 03:48:37 PM »
so if I can beat 16F at 55-60, how long will it take to get to lv120 or whatever for the final boss? Will it be an awfully long grind or does the EXP boost by a lot at some point?

EDIT: I beat the 14F bosses only thanks to paralyze spam and the 12F optional 2 shotted me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:43:15 PM by Bananamatic »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »
so if I can beat 16F at 55-60, how long will it take to get to lv120 or whatever for the final boss? Will it be an awfully long grind or does the EXP boost by a lot at some point?

EDIT: I beat the 14F bosses only thanks to paralyze spam and the 12F optional 2 shotted me.

personally I think 50-60 for 16f boss is a mistake In memory. I can't be that low level for that boss if I TRY (short of simply not using exp I have). I'm pretty sure I'm about Reimu 70 by the time I reach that boss with no grinding.

But grinding for the final boss actually isn't so bad. 19f trash gives like 2x the exp of 18f trash I think. And 20f trash gives like 4x the exp of 19f trash. The final boss is a fairly long fight though so you may want to spend an hour grinding more than you have to because losing after 30mins of boss fighting is like failing your first 1cc on the final spell. It's worth it though because after the final boss, you get to do boss rush mode as well as version 2 of all the previous touhou bosses, in addition to 3 moar cave bosses.

Bananamatic

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
how am I supposed to use the other chars
only patchy is capable of easily sweeping 14F trash

they either die too fast, don't do enough damage or both

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
I just realized my previous 14F advice was actually for 15F. Whoops.

The Golems are pretty much the only 14F random enemy that isn't hit 100% by PAR. Use someone like Cirno or Raymoo to PAR everything. Use physical attacks on Manifested Knowledge and magical attacks on the Cancer (crabs). Sharks are weak to FIR, Lesser Demon is weak to MYS.

No wonder we don't have the cure for cancer, it's defeated by MAGIC
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
I meant 15F, sorry
got it confused myself :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:01 PM »
If you use Minoriko, Falling Leaves of Madness almost completely ignores MND, that can help.

Other then that, not much advice other then use people with high damage potentials like Patch/Marisa/Yuugi etc. And PAR like Raymoooo.

Bananamatic

« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
Marisa doesn't seem to do all that well and Yuugi dies instantly to the magic spam from tengus and sorceresses.
So it's all Patchy :V

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
That's weird.  Marisa's Asteroid Belt and 9F girl's first spell did pretty well for me in that floor.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:36 PM »
Marisa doesn't seem to do all that well.
Stats. Now.

On that note, it could be the enemies having high Affinities but I've forgotten what comes around 15F+ so I can't really confirm it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bananamatic

« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
lv57, 4706 MAG, 46 skill levels in MAG