Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240828 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
Checks out rather nicely, though I'm a tiny bit concerned about the Skill Level (for MAG) at that point in the game. It's minor, but still. Could just be me though.
I'll also assume that at every Lv Up you went for MAG  :V

Yeah I'd say that you were just going up against things that have high MYS Affinity.

Wriggle is awesome by the way  :V :V :V
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:59:57 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
lv57, 4706 MAG, 46 skill levels in MAG

You said you did no grinding right? If you're 57 with Marisa in 15F, It just confirms that being 60 with Reimu for the BOSS of 16F is probably a mistake in numbers.

Anyway I'm like 2/3 done 16F atm and my Marisa is 69 with 45 levels in MAG (I focus on it more when she becomes nothing more than a spark-spammer, but for now she's still more useful for other stuff) and 5500 magic.

Anyway Marisa is useful for 15F with the following IMO:
Sorceresses: These are chumps anyway who cares
Knights: She's especially poor against them because of their high mys resist
Tengu: She's pretty useful for these because she's one of the few characters capable of outspeeding them if you have a decent level and you don't neglect speed. She wont solo them, but combine her with another fast aoe nuker (who doesn't use wnd or spi elements) and you got them under control
Spectre: Oh god she sucks.
Dorf: Nothing special. Slower nukers probably fare better though, they don't really have any outstanding weaknesses or strengths.
Blackenmel: Marisa is very useful for these. You may dish out 0 damage with her against them when you first enter the floor, but before long asteroid belt and 2 or 1 shot them. Asteroid belt only, it has a better mnd piercing effect than magic missle and earthlight ray. If you're desperace you can concentrate before unleashing a asteroid belt, in which case it should definately 1shot them.
Crystal head: These are like dorfs pretty much. Basically you HAVE to use magic only, not physical, they are weaker to cold than any other element, but cold generally isn't very available, so Marisa is pretty average here.

so basically Marisa is great for the tengu and blackenmels, which are probably the biggest threats in the floor, and she's average for everything else but knights and spectres, knights she's poor at and spectres she's near-useless against.

She's great against the easiest miniboss on the floor hill gigas btw.

Megayanma

• Full of Small Bones
  • Totalitarian KFC
« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
http://i45.tinypic.com/20iid1i.png

I get this whenever I try to install the English patch to the 2.04 version available for download here.  Then whenever I open up the game and click "New Game', it results in a fatal error.

Oh, and I hid my name so I won't get CAVED.  :3

IBakaChan

« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »
It can't find the file img.dxa/img.dxa.orig.

Check so you have both of those in the game-directory.

Megayanma

• Full of Small Bones
  • Totalitarian KFC
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
After renaming some files (since the files needed were nowhere to be found), I re-downloaded the game to see if it would work without the patch.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2pyug41.jpg occurred-the same fatal error as previously.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
My cousin fixed that error by installing Japanese Locale.  So I think you need Applocale.

Megayanma

• Full of Small Bones
  • Totalitarian KFC
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »
Good thing I use: *da da da daaaa!* Danmakufu!   :V

EDIT:  Buuuuuutt, it still gives me the same error. FUUUUU-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:20:34 PM by Megayanma »

Bananamatic

« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
got to the F16 boss and well
back to grinding :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
Ok, I had a decent run, less lag then norm, I fight Chen, games going great, then like an idiot, I used Fantasy Seal. Game stopped dead, frozen like it was in a block of ice... ;-; damnit...

Bananamatic

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
F12 boss - resurrection, 1 shot before I can do anything
F15 optional - earthquake(the weaker one), entire party dies

what the fuck does this game want me to do

from what I've seen, I'll need 15 more levels for the F16 boss, the F18 boss will require 50 more levels and the final boss lv130+, which is 75 levels from where I currently am.

I've heard this is a 60+ hour game, and I'm at F16 with 22 hours - is the other 38 hours going to be mindless grinding?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
More like 46~60 hours.

Last time I heard, your Reimu was about lv65. You should be able to beat 12F and/or 14F optionals now. About that 1-shotter; as soon as she uses Resurrection, switch in Marisa for a MASTAR SPAAAAARK to 0hko her. Actually, just like, have Marisa use Concentrate twice at the start of the battle, and leave her in the back for the rest of it until Resurrection happens. If you use 8F Healer girl, use that buff too for some SPD boost. And Meiling should certainly be able to survive the 1-shot attack, esp. with some FIR resist gear, which is good because the boss will have massive delay afterwards for an easy Sparking.

18F boss... 50 more levels? Judging from your previous Reimu 65, that'd be ridiculously overlevelled. You can do him at Reimu lv90~96 for sure. And you should be able to beat 16F before Reimu lv80.

Don't even worry about the final boss, because 20F stuff gives ridiculous amounts of XP and SKP. You'll literally be leveling almost every single battle.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »
10 levels is still a fuckton in this game with the randoms taking that long

EDIT: is there a way to get 10x exp from battles with cheat engine
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:38:35 PM by Bananamatic »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:04 PM »
EDIT: is there a way to get 10x exp from battles with cheat engine

Yes. You can control your gains to the point. Thier is an address for the Exp gained in a battle, find that and you can control it. You can make 1F randoms give 1,000,000 EXP rather then their 6-12-ish exp :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
jesus fucking christ F12 optional
master spark 65k, flight of idaten 9k, then I get completely wiped in one attack

brb grindan

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
When 12F uses res or w/e, it has 80k~ HP left, so you were very close.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »
I hear problems with my cheat table. Use Axel's original one while I fix up another version. His link is on the top of page 32 in the third thread.

« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
jesus fucking christ F12 optional
master spark 65k, flight of idaten 9k, then I get completely wiped in one attack

brb grindan
Figure out when it uses resurrection (it was on Patch's 2nd turn for me), then nuke it with powerful single target nukes (I personally used  Silent Selene and
Spoiler:
Megawatt Linear Gun
for about +100k).

On that note,
Spoiler:
Nitori
is sorely underrated.  Why have Marisa dump her SP bar in one turn when spoiler-tan can keep spamming her 88SP nuke with an identical damage formula (sans potential 200% multiplier from using nearly 2000 SP for your attack)?  Speaking in terms of pre-plus disc, of course.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
Spoiler:
Nitori
is great if you use 2.06. Otherwise her damage formula on her nuke is a LOT lower, and she's an "ehh" character. She's definitely pretty nice in 2.06, where yes, she does have a similar formula to Master Spark.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
Spoiler:
Nitori
is great if you use 2.06.
Probably should've mentioned that, yeah.  She's pretty much garbage in 2.04 if you're using her for something other than trash.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
How do I patch up to 2.06? Yes, I've never done it before.

Bananamatic

« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2010, 11:36:44 PM »
ANY hack on muting the goddamn game in XP?

I'm seriously fucking annoyed by the repetitive music. Especially when you hit the F16 grindwall.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »
In the Labyrinth directory, find the sound files and move them somewhere else (or if you really don't care about the music, I guess you could delete them).  The game won't find the music, but it won't complain and will otherwise run as normal.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Bananamatic

« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:06 PM »
remove for grinding, put back in for bosses :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2010, 01:03:55 AM »
Doubtful but I hope special disk makes it so it "remembers" where you are in the exploration track between battles. They are pretty good but are way longer than you can possibly hear without just sitting around doing nothing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »
How do I patch up to 2.06? Yes, I've never done it before.
Extract 2.06. Put all the stuff (Which, by the way, will not affect 2.04's ability to run exactly as it normally does) into your thLaby folder. Woopee!  :]

Also, I recommend renaming the exe to something else like "thLaby2.06.exe" before you put it in, so you can still use the 2.04 executable when you want to.

« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »
Also, I recommend renaming the exe to something else like "thLaby2.06.exe" before you put it in, so you can still use the 2.04 executable when you want to.
Agreed, I have shortcuts for both 2.06 and 2.04 on my desktop.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2010, 02:23:45 AM »
Agreed, I have shortcuts for both 2.06 and 2.04 on my desktop.

I did as well before my comp wipe ;-;

Bananamatic

« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
12F optional down in less than 4 minutes. lol

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »
12F optional down in less than 4 minutes. Ha ha, old chap!

Spoiler:
Which one? Little Miss "EYE'M IMMORTAL!" or was it "Even in a boss fight. F.O.E."

Bananamatic

« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
the first one

just gave patchouli enough buffs to take her attacks and destroyed her with Silent Selene