Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 176037 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #570 on: January 11, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
> Give a prayer for Utsuho and Orin, we must respect our fallen comrads.

> Try to find an sort of Symbolism of Satori to pray at.

> continue with the investigation.

You pray a bit for the three, a bit late though.

You're not sure how to investigate this dirty water incident!

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #571 on: January 11, 2010, 12:39:56 AM »
> Look at quest, and figure out if one the quests possibly has a solution to this mess.

Chaore

« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2010, 12:46:25 AM »
> Look at quest, and figure out if one the quests possibly has a solution to this mess.

>Your current Quests are:

>Get this thing out of me!
You've a familiar in you that is, among other things, keeping you humanoid. If you get it out, you might be able to shapeshift between Humanoid and Kitty.

>Cutting your hair for the first time, for dummies.
You want to cut your hair yourself. You need something to cut with, and a reflective surface.

>Oh god landsharks
The fairy lake near the SDM is polluted! You should fix this! You found the source of the pollution, a pool guarded by a familiar.

>Haunted Vampire's Mansion, What a Redundancy!
You found Demon is still in the SDM. You don't know what else there could be too it.

>A Shiny New Miko
You think the Hakurei Shrine could use a new shrine maiden. You may want to have her be shiny or not, though.

>Demon ain't goin' home no more
Demon is still at the SDM mansion, pouring that glass of tea over and over again. You really want to fix this, what could possibly be keeping her here?

>The Oni Blues
Suika is in a bit of a funk, Yuugi wants you to help her out of it. You talked to her about fixing what SHE messed up.

>Pit to Negative Infinity
The vertical tunnel Parsee used to guard has gone oddly endless. You're not sure why this is...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »
> Check out the pit of endlessness.
> Ask Kisume or Yamame for some backstory on it.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »
> Possible solution to the 'Get this Thing out of Me' and 'a Shiny New Miko' quest and several others: head to Makai, and meet up with resident demon goddess. Not only will she be a valuable and powerful ally, she is known to be able to create demons and humans alike. Maybe, using your kitty charms, you may be able to get her to create a new Shrine Maiden! (or at least remove the familliar)

EDIT: Oh, someone hit me to the punch. Well, after the backstory, consider going to Makai.

Chaore

« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2010, 01:42:40 AM »
> Check out the pit of endlessness.
> Ask Kisume or Yamame for some backstory on it.

You head to the pit with Kisume, and ask her a bit about it.

"I dunno much, Yamy doesn't either, but it always used to end with a puddle from the rivers at the bottom! Then the big boom happened and It became all dark and scary down there, And you can't reach the puddle..."

> Possible solution to the 'Get this Thing out of Me' and 'a Shiny New Miko' quest and several others: head to Makai, and meet up with resident demon goddess. Not only will she be a valuable and powerful ally, she is known to be able to create demons and humans alike. Maybe, using your kitty charms, you may be able to get her to create a new Shrine Maiden! (or at least remove the familliar)

You'd consider this if it was a good idea. Shinki doesn't do anything for free, you know this much. On top of that, Makai and Gensokyo relations have never been good since Reimu kicked her teeth in. Besides, if she hasn't taken advantage of Gensokyo's weakened state at the moment, its probably not good to cue her in on this. Involving a DEMON goddess is never a good idea.

You wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:21 AM »
> We must... MOUNT AN EXPEDITION!
> Gather Yamame and Kisume and head into the pit using a web like a rope to get back up.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2010, 01:57:00 AM »
You'd consider this if it was a good idea. Shinki doesn't do anything for free, you know this much. On top of that, Makai and Gensokyo relations have never been good since Reimu kicked her teeth in. Besides, if she hasn't taken advantage of Gensokyo's weakened state at the moment, its probably not good to cue her in on this. Involving a DEMON goddess is never a good idea.

You wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Well, I thought she softened up in the mean time....but yeah, we're still talking about Satan God here.

And even if she obliges, it's going to be for a price, like you said. Said price might either be millions/billions of yen, your soul or your life. She's a demon creating, interdimensional business women. She might even be the real owner of Nightmare Enterprises/Holy Nightmare Corp! And that organization shows you need to be a king to be able to pay for demons.

EDIT: Great, the way this is going the only way to make a new, perfect, Hakurei bloodline miko is by asking HER. And that will never ever happen unless you manage to smack some sense into HER.
I'm noticing you are going out of your way to make sure there are no deus ex machinas in this text adventure.....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:44:17 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2010, 02:37:52 AM »
> We must... MOUNT AN EXPEDITION!
> Gather Yamame and Kisume and head into the pit using a web like a rope to get back up.

This is how it must be!

You rush and explain your idea to Yamame childishly. She sweatdrops and shakes her head. "We've already tried that, Something is preventing us from reaching the bottom. Its not that easy. I think some kind of magic was placed on the pit..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #579 on: January 11, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
>"What happens to things that you drop down there?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
> Try to determine the current time. If it's still midday or early afternoon, take a moment to be amazed about how much you have been capable of doing in this short time.
> Try and remember who might still be alive, willing and capable of solving your inner familiar problem and the several other curses on the land. Shinki, Keine and Shikieiki are too big jerks to want to help you, Patchouli, Marisa, Yuuka and Alice are dead/missing, Remilia, Satori, Koishi, Suwako, Kanako, Sanae, Reimu, (possibly) Byakuren and her crew and Ran *sniff* are all deader than dead, the Eientei crew is in a fate WORSE than death and Yuyuko's state of being is unknown (though as a ghost, she's probably unharmed, being immaterial and all). Anyone with any form of decent arcane knowledge is gone! The only ones left with enough power to solve all this are Suika, who is depressed and can only solve political and physical problems, Mokou, who's state of being is unknown, and SHE, who's the cause of all this mess!
All stage 4-6 bosses are gone, and while the stage 1-3 bosses are doing their best, they can't possibly solve the curses alone or face HER when the time comes. Isn't there atleast one last help?
> On the subject of HER, what did she look like the last time you saw her?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:29:33 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #581 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
>Obviously the cape is protective against radiation, so call ROC back and hold kisume close.

The five magic rolling stones

Chaore

« Reply #582 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »
>"What happens to things that you drop down there?"

"They don't come back, and we can't see what happens at the bottom."

> Try to determine the current time. If it's still midday or early afternoon, take a moment to be amazed about how much you have been capable of doing in this short time.
> Try and remember who might still be alive, willing and capable of solving your inner familiar problem and the several other curses on the land. Shinki, Keine and Shikieiki are too big jerks to want to help you, Patchouli, Marisa Yuuka and Alice are dead/missing, Remilia, Satori, Koishi, Suwako, Kanako, Sanae, Reimu, (possibly) Byakuren and her crew and Ran *sniff* are all deader than dead, the Eientei crew is in a fate WORSE than death and Yuyuko's state of being is unknown (though as a ghost, she's probably unharmed, being immaterial and all). Anyone with any form of decent arcane knowledge is gone! The only ones left with enough power to solve all this are Suika, who is depressed and can only solve political and physical problems, Mokou, who's state of being is unknown, and SHE, who's the cause of all this mess!
All stage 4-6 bosses are gone, and while the stage 1-3 bosses are doing their best, they can't possibly solve the curses alone or face HER when the time comes. Isn't there atleast one last help?
> On the subject of HER, what did she look like the last time you saw her?

You think you left around early morning, so its probably around midday. You're pretty sure having a flying hawk helps with travel. Or time is just on your side today...

You mentally make a nice list of casualties. SHE was pretty busy.

You're not sure how to describe her. Tired does however come to mind. You think she looks the same, she has stopped aging, after all.

>Obviously the cape is protective against radiation, so call ROC back and hold kisume close.

You're pretty sure no radiation is down here, but this is a possibility.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #583 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »
> Hold on, there's a lot of assumptions on that list of casualties. Unless we see the body, put a [possibly] tag next to each of them.

Chaore

« Reply #584 on: January 11, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
> Hold on, there's a lot of assumptions on that list of casualties. Unless we see the body, put a [possibly] tag next to each of them.

You make sure to take note of the ones you're not sure of. Which is... luckily a few. You should probably DO SOMETHING if you intend to figure out if they're alive or not, though.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:39:10 AM by Chaore »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #585 on: January 13, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
> Add a quest that involves breaking the magic around the pit.
> Bid Yamame and Kisume farewell and head for the Bamboo Forest.

Chaore

« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2010, 01:30:08 AM »
> Add a quest that involves breaking the magic around the pit.
> Bid Yamame and Kisume farewell and head for the Bamboo Forest.

You make it official on the Pit to Negative Infinity quest, You will solve this incident, your honor relies on it! For now, however, you bid farewell to the two while they bind up the shark some more, and head off for the Bamboo Forest.

The forest has as always, remained mostly unchecked by the events of the world. Despite the loss of Eientei, it continues to grow onwards to the sky. It is as always, very easy to get lost in. In fact, you seem to have wandered in and gotten yourself lost immediately! Pretty troublesome. You know Tewi and her band of rabbits still live here, but you're unsure of what happened to Reisen. You don't think Tewi'll tell you the truth if you asked, anyway.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2010, 01:32:17 AM »
> Be cautious.  Might be some traps set by the rabbits.

Chaore

« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2010, 01:36:21 AM »
> Be cautious.  Might be some traps set by the rabbits.

You remain cautious as you trek through the forests. The rabbits are being led by the greatest prankster known to youkai. Surely, She'd have a trap or two set up for you! Once you see it, nothing will catch you!

You end up finding the Rabbit Encampment seeing absolutely no traps.

You're not sure what to say on that matter.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2010, 01:37:12 AM »
> Continue with cautiousness.
> Make yourself known to avoid suspicion.

Chaore

« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2010, 01:44:55 AM »
> Continue with cautiousness.
> Make yourself known to avoid suspicion.

You cautiously head in and make yourself known. The rabbits all slowly turn and watch you. After which, a few scamper off to presumably fetch Tewi. Instead, they come back and fetch you.

Shes probably as lazy as ever. You cautiously follow the rabbits, who pretty much almost lead you through every trap in the camp, and end up in a small clearing with little going on, Tewi sitting on a top of a throne in the middle of it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:55 AM »
> ... A throne?
> Greet Tewi.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #592 on: January 13, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »
>Conquer this mortal earth, and show the world my power!

> Introduce ourselves politely and explain our mission.

Chaore

« Reply #593 on: January 13, 2010, 01:51:55 AM »
> ... A throne?
> Greet Tewi.

You're pretty sure its a throne. Made of Bamboo like everything else, but undeniably a throne.

You think shes gone a bit power crazy.

You greet Tewi. "Off with her head! Actually, no, I think we can keep this one. Heya Chen, hows the evil business been treating you?"

>Conquer this mortal earth, and show the world my power!

> Introduce ourselves politely and explain our mission.

You tell her basically that your day has consisted of running around and trying to fix things, namely, lack of a miko.

"Oh? You changed sides already? Man, it really must be boring over there. I mean, switching to good and trying to revive the Hakurei Shrine? I do have to wonder how bored you got to decide that."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
> "Not like I had anything to do with her crap anyway..."

Chaore

« Reply #595 on: January 13, 2010, 02:33:59 AM »
> "Not like I had anything to do with her crap anyway..."

"Well I believe you from the word go! Obviously you're a reformed and model citizen, whatever its worth these days. So yeah, whatcha need Chenny?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #596 on: January 13, 2010, 06:37:17 AM »
> Oh shit! Time paradox!
> I need to steal Sana's hat back from Pesco

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #597 on: January 13, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »
>"Do you have a mirror I can borrow? I need to cut my hair."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #598 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »
>"Do you have a mirror I can borrow? I need to cut my hair."

> This isn't what we ask first of someone in power!
> "How have things been since the INCIDENT? I've come to the conclusion that something like this should never happen again, and I'm trying to gather allies."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #599 on: January 13, 2010, 09:43:09 AM »
> 'Crack Pesco's nuts for me will ya?'