Author Topic: Visiting the Neighbors - Kanako in the Netherworld  (Read 96640 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Visiting the Neighbors - Kanako in the Netherworld
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:41 PM »
>"Somewhat. One of those Saint Dragons offered to assist me by doing so, but I could tell from Pyremaw's level relative to my own that it was unneeded. I would like a bit of an explanation as to what exactly it is though, on the off chance that I actually do end up needing it."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
>"Somewhat. One of those Saint Dragons offered to assist me by doing so, but I could tell from Pyremaw's level relative to my own that it was unneeded. I would like a bit of an explanation as to what exactly it is though, on the off chance that I actually do end up needing it."

>"It's a relatively new concept. It was only brought here about a year or so ago, by a would-be conqueror who was bested by the Overlord, but it was such a good idea, every monster learned of it."
>"Magichange allows a monster, a being such as my kind and a saint dragon, to transform themselves into a weapon. Doing so, a monster-weapon provides a boost in power to its wielder, as well as giving them access to a number of new, unique techniques."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
>"Interesting. According to what I've learned, my Onbashira are classified as 'Axe-type Weapons'. So in this world I'm apparently quite proficient with axes."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
>"Interesting. According to what I've learned, my Onbashira are classified as 'Axe-type Weapons'. So in this world I'm apparently quite proficient with axes."

>"Mystic beasts such as myself can change into swords. I know that zombies change into guns, but beyond that, I do not know. It seems to change from species to species."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
>Being a former war goddess, we're skilled with many different weapons, correct?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
>Being a former war goddess, we're skilled with many different weapons, correct?

>Not as familiar as you once were. Once, you were skilled with any weapon that belonged to the region you were worshipped in. For instance, once you were worshiped in what is now India, and thus you were skilled with weapons such as the chakram and the katar. Now, however, since you are worshipped only in Gensokyo, your divine nature grants you inherant familiarity only with japanese weapons.
>However, while you may not be automatically skilled with as many weapons as you once were, you also have a very long, and a very good memory. You remember your training with every weapon you've ever laid your hands on, and you made it a point to be familiar with a large number beyond your areas of worship, both as a point of pride and pragmatism. As a result, you are at least reasonably familiar with a vast number of weapons originating on the continents of Europe, Asia and Africa.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2013, 09:25:01 PM »
>"I suppose it's a good thing that I was also once a War Goddess as well, which means I can use nearly any weapon relatively well. European, Oriental, if it is a weapon, I can use it. It's a matter of pride you know, nevermind the practicality of it."
>Pause thoughtfully. "I do wonder what that Pyremaw fellow could have become? I daresay he would have made a fine weapon, though I doubt he would have submitted to this 'Magichange' so easily. Dragons of his sort are always quite proud, quite common among dragons of the Western variety really."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2013, 04:41:04 AM »
>"I suppose it's a good thing that I was also once a War Goddess as well, which means I can use nearly any weapon relatively well. European, Oriental, if it is a weapon, I can use it. It's a matter of pride you know, nevermind the practicality of it."
>Pause thoughtfully. "I do wonder what that Pyremaw fellow could have become? I daresay he would have made a fine weapon, though I doubt he would have submitted to this 'Magichange' so easily. Dragons of his sort are always quite proud, quite common among dragons of the Western variety really."

>"Maybe those paladins would know?" Dobenbak suggests. "They seem to be more familiar with Pyremaw's kind than you or me."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »
>"Good thinking, I shall be sure to ask them. Shall we pick up the pace?"
>Let's pick up the pace a bit, and use the wind to give our new allies a bit of a speed boost as well, just in case some of them have trouble keeping up.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #399 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:39 AM »
>"Good thinking, I shall be sure to ask them. Shall we pick up the pace?"
>Let's pick up the pace a bit, and use the wind to give our new allies a bit of a speed boost as well, just in case some of them have trouble keeping up.

>"Very well."
>Dobenbak is presently the only one with you. Although he seems to have informed his clan of his allegiance with you, he has yet to summon them. And he keeps pace with you rather well. Well, almost, anyway, so you give him just a bit of a boost.

>A fascinating scene is unfolding before you at the finger of icy rock stretching towards the red moon. Several spheres of light are floating up towards the moon, rising up from near the end of the rock. Some of the prinnies are moving slowly forward towards the edge of the finger, flanked by vaguely humanoid figures covered by green hooded robes.
>The paladins and their fellows are maintaining a respectable distance from the prinnies and the figures, though the lot of them, save Alexandros, seem on alert. The young man is on one knee, resting his hands on his sword. He seems to be in prayer.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
>Let's keep a respectful distance, alongside the paladins.
>"Fascinating, isn't it?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2013, 03:51:22 AM »
>Let's keep a respectful distance, alongside the paladins.
>"Fascinating, isn't it?"

>The prinnies advance in groups of three, walking abreast. As one line nears the end of the rock, they stop, and undergo what would seem to many to be an alarming transmogrification. Their bodies seem to wilt and fall to the ground, empty shells, looking for all the world like a shed piece of clothing. A globe of light floats up from the empty husk, and joins the others floating towards the Red Moon.

>"We call it the redemption of the prinnies." Cassiopea replies. "The souls of the prinnies are on their way towards a new life, free of the sins that brought them here." The woman turns her head towards Dobenback. "Friend of yours?" she asks you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2013, 03:28:51 PM »
>Nod. "Indeed. One of the first beings I met in this world really. He is called Dobenback, and and since he too is of the wind, that makes it all the easier to work with him and his pack."
>Smile slightly. "It's rather nice having people you can speak 'on the level' with."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2013, 02:11:17 AM »
>Nod. "Indeed. One of the first beings I met in this world really. He is called Dobenback, and and since he too is of the wind, that makes it all the easier to work with him and his pack."
>Smile slightly. "It's rather nice having people you can speak 'on the level' with."

>"It's 'Bak', Kanako." the canine corrects you. Pronunciation seems to matter to him.
>The paladin looks between you and he. "You've pledged your support to her, haven't you?"
>"Yes." the mystic beast looks up at you. "The Netherworld is too chaotic, with too many people posing too great a danger to everyone. I believe the Wind Goddess can bring some peace back to the Netherworld. I had to act, for the sake of my pack."
>Cassiopea nods in agreement. "Anyone that can handle a Black Wyrm, and its minions, I can understand wanting to support her."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #404 on: March 13, 2013, 02:16:55 PM »
>Look to the little wind hound. "Ah, my apologies. New words are always a mite tricky the first time you encounter them after all."
>Then smirk a bit proudly. "But as long as they're on the same side as I, there's little to fear. I used to be a War Goddess as you already know, and there's very few battles I oversaw that ended in a loss for the side I favored."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »
>Look to the little wind hound. "Ah, my apologies. New words are always a mite tricky the first time you encounter them after all."
>Then smirk a bit proudly. "But as long as they're on the same side as I, there's little to fear. I used to be a War Goddess as you already know, and there's very few battles I oversaw that ended in a loss for the side I favored."

>The canine nods in acceptance of your apology.
>"For now, hope there won't be another one here." Cass says with a note of warning. "The saint dragons caught a whiff of decaying flesh en route to here. There may be something else out here hunting."
>"Undead." Dobenbak supplies. "Zombies are fairly common in this region. But they should pose no threat."
>"Just the same, best to be on guard until the Redemption is complete." Which will not be much longer, you think. Six Prinnies remain on the finger of rock where once there were nearly thirty.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »
>Scoff lightly. "Undead? Pah, all that will be required is a light breeze. Nothing more than the buzzing of flies."
>"Now if they had...'Abnormal Equipment', then there might be a bit of pause."
>After all, who knows what we'll run into in this crazy world! We might even find Chimeric Undead.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2013, 03:40:19 AM »
At this point, I should make a couple of confessions.
One, about a couple of months ago, I sat down with myself and was brutally honest. I'd overstretched myself. Between Magical Lotus, RemiliQuest, and this game here, I had taken on too much responsibilty. Writing for all three games was, to put it plainly, burning me out. Not to mention my involvement with games outside my own. So I had to pull myself back and limit myself to a workload I felt was managable.
Am I ready to start parsing three games at once again? I don't know. But it was high time I gave a long overdue explanation to anyone who had been following this game, and had wondered why I seemed to have abandoned it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
If you feel you're up to the task, then go for it. You're the one who gets the final say in things, being the parser and all.
That said, if you don't want to continue with this until a later date when you feel ready, then that's alright too.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!