Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119183 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER
« Reply #1350 on: April 06, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
ITP Miller Survivor Conditional Vigilante isn't absurd at all! :D

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1351 on: April 06, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
The claim made sense at the time and even more so with the info Edible was sitting with.

Bardiche

« Reply #1352 on: April 06, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
To be fair, it's not entirely absurd, especially given that I never claimed the miller part. Recall, I never argued one way or the other re: the detector, or not zealously. It is you people who decided I was a miller.

In effect I claimed ITP Survivor/conditional Serial Killer, which is not that absurd at all.

Originally I wanted to claim bulletproof, too.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1353 on: April 06, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »
The claim made sense at the time and even more so with the info Edible was sitting with.

At the time it sounded like a very shallow cover for a serial killer.

Although I did also want to kill him because I couldn't believe two out of me, Neo, and Huh What were scum and I really needed the night for town to gather information. But Neo opposed that plan, and preferred sacrificing me and Edible at the same time. Course by that point I kinda didn't want anything to do with the madness anymore, so it seemed kind of appealing.

But for next time, we know scum + 3rd party = town is an autowin for scum, and we should lynch the known third party first.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1354 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:53 PM »
But for next time, we know scum + 3rd party = town is an autowin for scum, and we should lynch the known third party first.
No, because there are different kinds of third parties that function differently, and even a survivor could work differently if the mod so desired to play it that way. I wouldn't be surprised if a different mod had the game keep going with 2town1survivor1scum, since Town could still win.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1355 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
Also, while Bard's claim was great D3, on D4 it was much less believable as it pretty much came down to me or Bard being scum. Unfortunately no one thought to review this, until me right after I hammered myself. >:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1356 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:55 PM »
Also, while Bard's claim was great D3, on D4 it was much less believable as it pretty much came down to me or Bard being scum. Unfortunately no one thought to review this, until me right after I hammered myself. >:

Serela, so does that mean you had yourself convinced you were scum?  :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1357 on: April 06, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
Eh, I said that I thought Bardiche was something more sinister than a survivor way earlier, I think.
But I thought it was fine to leave him for the time being with the roleblock in place. :(

Unfortunately no one thought to review this, until me right after I hammered myself. >:
I stopped thinking in D3. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1358 on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
Serela, so does that mean you had yourself convinced you were scum?  :V
...:V

Well no, instead I went down the only other possible route I saw, which was Bard not triggering the test, which if I'd thought about Bard maybe being scum for more then 2 seconds I would have realized WOW BARD IS DEFINITELY SCUM WHAT AM I DOING ;_;

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1359 on: April 06, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »
Actually, I thought once you went down, Zak had to be scum. I was kind of hoping for scum v. serial killer, and was going to try out the prisoner's dilemma.

I didn't think Bard was scum, but I simply couldn't believe his role.

No, because there are different kinds of third parties that function differently, and even a survivor could work differently if the mod so desired to play it that way. I wouldn't be surprised if a different mod had the game keep going with 2town1survivor1scum, since Town could still win.

:wat:

Does this mean next time we have someone claim survivor with vig powers and I suggest we lynch him for time, you're going to declare me scum again and vote for me?

Conqueror

« Reply #1360 on: April 06, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
Does this mean next time we have someone claim survivor with vig powers and I suggest we lynch him for time, you're going to declare me scum again and vote for me?

In GDC Mafia Schezo got lynched for suggesting town lynch the fake-SK PX.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #1361 on: April 06, 2011, 09:14:09 PM »
And I was still going, "What in the fuck?" after that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1362 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
##Vote: Conqueror

##Vote: NeoSerela

EDIT: If you get in the way of lynching a threat to town, I will see you lynched as scum. I will dig up all your posts, show you exactly how anti-town you've been all game without even realizing it, and find evidence that you have been playing less town than any other player in the game. I will associate you with other scum, and tell you exactly how you were their scum buddies. Because anyone who stops the lynches of threats to town is a threat to town themselves, and warrants a closer inspection.

(Though after saying that, now would be a bad time for me to get stuck with  third party role.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:21:02 PM by capt. h »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #1363 on: April 06, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, because your prior words do not really gel with your words now, Bard. It reads like a lot of resentment and refusal to let go. How that's at all productive is beyond me. I suppose if you think you weren't resentful, I'll have to take it at face value. But I hope your future words will prove to be more in line with this.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1364 on: April 06, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »
capt.h:At the time, his claim was believable and therefore he didn't really seem like a threat to town!

Besides, we still lynched scum ):

And, Schezo got lynched in GDC because, well, PX didn't really seem like an SK, and claimed SKs can be kind of useful for town too and are a threat to scum, and Schezo kept going after "WE MUST LYNCH PX" in a really off way that made him seem pretty scummy IMO. However, I was co-mod, so I knew :V So I may have been affected by, uh, I guess that's that thing called confirmation bias!

But it still seemed pretty scummy to me >:

Bardiche

« Reply #1365 on: April 06, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »
I would not have informed Serp to convey a message that I still liked you even if I did not show it if I were not worried you might take it in another way than I had intended.

If I resented you that much I would not have signed up to play to begin with. You even went through the effort to point out we were in the same game; I would've just backed out if you are someone I strongly resent. I don't play games with people I strongly resent.

Exception clause: Pesco, who I hate as much as I love him. Friggin' mindhax.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #1366 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
@Capth: Actually, I think you were the only one with a valid reason to think Serela was scum, so don't feel too bad. :V  I was pretty sure you had to be scum before I read the dead QT because Serela was definitely town (him being scum made no sense), the non-Bard people on the list were definitely town and I thought Bard was really a third party.  Him shooting UK as a third party made perfect sense, and I didn't expect the scum team to use their hitman N1.  More than one-shot hitmen tend to be pretty rare, so I figured it was one-shot, so I figured it would be used later.

I suspect that if I had been playing after you were lynched in that situation my brain would have started short circuiting and I would have had a classic townie meltdown. :V

Quote from: Schezo
And I was still going, "What in the fuck?" after that.
I was too.  I spent all this time proving that town couldn't win if the SK didn't die EVEN IF THEY LYNCHED MAFIA and they were like "no lol ur scum." :(
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #1367 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
I was too.  I spent all this time proving that town couldn't win if the SK didn't die EVEN IF THEY LYNCHED MAFIA and they were like "no lol ur scum." :(
Isn't it just terrible. :(

Yeah I would like to have heard why from someone without confirmation bias kthx. :V

Really we poured it all out figuring that crap out and lo and behold if there really was a SK, gg.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #1368 on: April 06, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
Well, as I said, hopefully in the future your words will reflect your feelings better. I can't tell you how you feel. I have to accept that you just picked poor choices of words. So, we'll see what happens.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1369 on: April 06, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
Yeah I would like to have heard why from someone without confirmation bias kthx. :V
I didn't answer when you asked earlier what I thought of you in GDC Mafia. I was genuinely surprised when you flipped scum that game, in the "What is town doing why aren't they lynching scu-SCHEZO WAS SCUM?!" way.

Bard: You never even claimed third party. You claimed to be 'not in league with town'. Up until you could 'only kill people you vote for' you were only claiming the powers of a Mafia Goon. It made the absurbness of it all more comical.

Serela: Hey don't forget my diagnosis of you as an escaped mental patient :V

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #1370 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
So my roleclaim wasn't all that absurd, was it? Everyone else assumed I meant "third party", "vigilante". "survivor"! I almost regret specifying I had a condition to killing, it would've been so great to claim Mafia Goon and win the game~

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1371 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
So my roleclaim wasn't all that absurd, was it? Everyone else assumed I meant "third party", "vigilante". "survivor"! I almost regret specifying I had a condition to killing, it would've been so great to claim Mafia Goon and win the game~

It's a great role claim if you don't want to be called scum. Not so great if you don't want to be called "serial killer". It was a fairly obvious lie, but it was the kind of lie I would expect form a third party. The real problem is in convincing players that we should kill serial killers.

Though I'm starting to wonder if I should just claim serial killer on the first day of the next round. It seems like the best way to avoid getting lynched is admitting you aren't town and that you kill every night.

"I AM THIRD PARTY"

You've unlocked INVINSIBILITY!

Conqueror

« Reply #1372 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
Then town would lynch you immediately, I'd think.  :derp:
Or at the very least you'd be under town's leash.

Also, Bard
You can nightkill?  That sounds like an admission of "I am a mafia goon."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:06:46 PM by Conqueror »

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #1373 on: April 06, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »
It was really good.  With the other roles in the game and what was going on it made sense, and you put just enough of a limit on it that A) you wouldn't be useless to town alive and B) you couldn't really do anything unless town let you, making you not a priority to lynch.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1374 on: April 06, 2011, 11:11:39 PM »
Then town would lynch you immediately, I'd think.  :derp:
Or at the very least you'd be under town's leash.

Like Bardiche!

Next time there's a third party, I'm lynching it if it claims. I'm lynching it if it puts us into Lylo. And I'm lynching anyone who suggests we shouldn't lynch the third party.

@Bard - I'm mostly pointing out the weaknesses in your role because I don't want to have this much trouble with the lynch again. You convinced everyone you were not scum including me, but I still thought you were the best lynch because I thought your role was a lie, and I thought you were more dangerous than you let on.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1375 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:25 PM »
Eh, if the game kept going, I probably would have went after Zakeri.

Also, Bard's claim wasn't the most ridiculous. Huh What's claim was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Conqueror

« Reply #1376 on: April 06, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »
Also, Bard's claim wasn't the most ridiculous. Bard's actual role was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Fixed that for you.  :V

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1377 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
Fixed that for you.  :V

I admit, you're right. Bard's role make his roleclaim look pretty tame.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1378 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
That too. What was his role again? Did his role turn him into the entire scum team that is immune to cop searches, nightkills, and role blocks, thus turning him into a god?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #1379 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:26 PM »
There are times where lynching third party isn't good though.  imo, Bard should have been lynched D2 instead of Kilga.  I still figured he was third party then, but that was as good a time as any to deal with that.  When two mafia are dead there's really no reason to after the third party.  In LYLO however, you have to be a bit more careful.  In this case, lynching him was probably fine (if he really was third party and there were 1-2 mafia left).  Mafia is a very situational game, you can't just blindly say "always lynch third party" much like you can't always say "lurking is scummy."
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr