Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 113291 times)

Den-O

• Plat Form
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #420 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »
Except they didn't, but whatevs, I'll tear it apart in full sometime.

Iffrita: Well, we have a soft 1 v. 1 between you and Miya. This isn't going to go away. Miya elucidating MAY change the situation, but in the end, I feel BOTH of you are sketchy enough so there's scum here, and I'd rather not give up the 50/50. Though I DO plan to give you a nice list of suspects and thoughts before I die again outside of the 1 v. 1 I see.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #421 on: July 16, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
To answer Navarus, I voted Just because I thought his role claim was scummy. If he was telling the truth about his role and using it to show that he had to be town, then his defense was crap because the mod told us that role and alignment are independent, and thus, he was stalling with a role that scum could have just as easily as town. If he was lying, he was lying to buy himself a day, which is scummy. Either way, it flipped my stomach to see him stall his lynch like that. Although I did not want to end the day early with my vote, and I did not expect it to be a hammer.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #422 on: July 16, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
UK: Why do you feel that I am sketchy? Is it just because of the claim shenanigans, or do you have complaints about my play that I can possibly defend myself against?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #423 on: July 16, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »
That's what I wanted to hear, Orwen

All right y'all, if you're town and you made Just get hammered at L-1, spit it out! Now's your only chance to claim a double vote or a hated townie maker or what have you and NOT GET SHANKED ON SIGHT.

@Iffrita: It's basically the claim shenanigans, really. Hell, I was siding with you at first when I was passively reading. It's just Mala has pointed out a LOT of weirdnesses with regards to how you handled things. I'll probably need to reread the situation after Miya responds.

@Yuan: So essentially you disagree with me that the other reasons I would be killed would override Depore's desires, were she scum? Not much I can say to change your mind. I don't think you're thinking it through.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #424 on: July 16, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
@Book: Depore is your top pick for scum. You voted Mala. Why? What makes Mala different from me, given the case revolves around her GUT =D!
You started the bandwagon and were the first one to pressure Just. Mala jumped on later after leaving her vote parked on Moonin for most of the latter half of the day, called Just's later content solid, and then voted him anyway.
In any case, I found Mala's justification of her actions to make sense enough for me to not consider her a priority for today.
(The only reason I didn't vote Depore is because I want to wait for his replacement to check in).

There's a whirlwind of posts and I'm getting lost in all the softclaims. BRB.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2011, 07:10:24 PM »
OK where do I even fucking begin?!  Ufufufu~

##Vote: Empress Iffrita

I asked for a roleclaim from her because Empress Iffrita visited Demon Navarus last night!  The Demon Navarus who was the night kill?  The very same.

So first off we have the excellent points raised by Mala.  She had been saying I was scummy all game, the fact that she fakeclaimed at the drop of a hat when I mentioned I have something to damn her is already crazy.  I was expecting more resistance.

Now for the fakeclaim oh boy.

First we have the standard scum fakeclaiming doc part.  Just to add in more importance it's a roleblock combo.

Then we have the neighborizor and it is really wierd how she used it.  She chose Moonin.  Moonin already seemed to agree with her, so it would have made more sense to nieghborize someone who didn't agree with her and try to convice them otherwise.
Then the other part is that, THIS WAS A CONFIRMABLE ACTION.  UK should have got it, the fact she didn't just further damns her into oblivion.

And now we have the bulletproof claim.  You know what is really super convient about this claim?  SHE NOW HAS A REASON TO BE ALIVE THE REST OF THE GAME!  As scum she wants that.

More stuff to damn her is that she knows she did it.  Yuan just caught her slipping because she has an idea of what I'm about to claim and is trying to pass it off as she thinks I'm a cop.

So I would appreciate if we could all lynch Empress Iffrita today~

The reason I did not immediately vote her is because this is role madness and if she could come up with a good reason that flowed well with everything I would consider letting the result not mean as much as it does now.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
So you're claiming tracker in a game with a confirmed weak tracker and an omnitracker third party. Expected as much. Also interesting that your case on her is basically parroting what everyone else said. I also disagree with your neighbor logic, because I use neighboring to have someone to back me up and discuss things with, and someone who agrees with me usually works well for that. But that's not important.

Hrm...well, I'll admit my inclination is against Iffrita still, despite all that. I'll reread the situation sometime today since I've basically been mafiaing for the past damn hour.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
You tracked her to the nightkill and didn't vote her, even though you thought she was scum before?  :wat:

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
...oh, and that. Where did Miya find Iffrita scum before? I missed that.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »
If you want me to full claim I must but I am not just a tracker tracker, I'm nerfed.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
She made several points against her on D1, including a vote.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2721

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
@UK: My original opinion of Depore yesterday was that he was scum. I kept that opinion through the night until you died.

I switched my thought because I thought scum would LOVE to have someone white knighting one of their own, especially if he was one of their weaker players. Personally, I see the fact that you were killed over someone obv town like Book of the Past or Mikhail as proof of this. There were certainly reasons to kill you outside of the one I'm giving. (See: The post count today) But I think Mafia with Depore on their team would have dealt with you another day. That's my opinion.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #432 on: July 16, 2011, 07:18:11 PM »
If you want me to full claim I must but I am not just a tracker tracker, I'm nerfed.
I think you're probably telling the truth about your claim. But it could be either a town or a scum claim.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #433 on: July 16, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
Votecount the 22nd

Depore (1): Iffrita
Mala (2): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past
Miya (2): One, Book of the Past
Moonin (1): Mala
Iffrita (3): Yuan, Navarus, Miya

Orwen (0): Mikhail

Not Voting: Everyone else!

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 47 hours until Night 2.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #434 on: July 16, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »
@Yuan: hahahahahaha, so you're implying that I wasn't obvtown? Oh God that's a hilarious joke. Further, you're implying Mikhail WAS obvtown? Hell, he was calculated inaction personified. I was going to wail into him today, honestly. Then he turned out to be reviver. Still could be scum, but I see no reason to pursue this right now. I may still make a token case on him for you all to launchpad off of if you need him dead. I'll cede that I expected were I NOT killed, it would have been Book or Iffrita. But, I still can't believe you'd say what you did with a straight face, seriously.

I do agree that Miya is PROBABLY truthful about the claim. Just that it doesn't make her town by default.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
I think you're probably telling the truth about your claim. But it could be either a town or a scum claim.

If she's telling the truth about her claim, does that not all but confirm that
@Yuan: hahahahahaha, so you're implying that I wasn't obvtown? Oh God that's a hilarious joke. Further, you're implying Mikhail WAS obvtown? Hell, he was calculated inaction personified. I was going to wail into him today, honestly. Then he turned out to be reviver. Still could be scum, but I see no reason to pursue this right now. I may still make a token case on him for you all to launchpad off of if you need him dead. I'll cede that I expected were I NOT killed, it would have been Book or Iffrita. But, I still can't believe you'd say what you did with a straight face, seriously.

I do agree that Miya is PROBABLY truthful about the claim. Just that it doesn't make her town by default.

Not implying you weren't obv town. I believe I called you one of my stronger town reads yesterday.

I just think that Book was much more obvious town.

And we can't seem to agree on anything this game, can we? >.>

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #436 on: July 16, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
Whatever, agreeing to disagree on these points. They don't necessarily make you scummy, they're just bad logic (to me). It's kind of noisy to argue them.

If she's telling the truth, that doesn't eliminate the possibility Iffrita is telling the truth as well. And I had a stronger town read on Iffrita than I ever did Miya. So you can understand why I'm trying to think this through. I'm going to not look at this for a few hours.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #437 on: July 16, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
If she's telling the truth about her claim, does that not all but confirm that
Not sure what this means, but to clarify, Miya could be a scum tracker, who tracked Iffrita to Navarus and saw a chance to throw suspicion on her. Hence why I'm so wary about the lack of a vote.

Well, I reckon we could probably settle this Iffrita/Miya thing today.
How do you guys feel about a double day?  :toot:

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #438 on: July 16, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Oh awesome, I wrote a new post over top of the other post I was writing >.>

EBWOP: I meant to say, if she's being truthful about her claim, doesn't it all but confirm that Empress was being SUPER SHIFTY when she dropped her claiim and then was all like "OH I THINK IT MIGHT BE INSANE COP"?

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #439 on: July 16, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »
@UK: This is only speculation, but I think Just was a hated townie by default. Note how desperate she* seemed to move the votes away from her. I think she knew that another vote would have hammered her.

*Can I just start calling Just a she without getting glares for it? You have no idea how many typed I have typed the wrong pronoun for the character and felt annoyed when I had to go back and fix it.

Cut by Miya.
I didn't attempt to talk to somebody I could convince about my opinions because people tend not to listen to me in Mafia, like, ever. Note that I never convinced anybody with my Depore case yesterday. <_< I thought trying to get a two-person voting block going would be a lot more useful, especially if it could push my preferred case.

That said, I'm not sure why you're claiming UK should have been neighborized by me when Moonin neighborized UK as well and nothing happened. Did you not read the thread?

I'm only bulletproof on one night, and only if I target town! I don't think it gives me a reason to be alive for the rest of the game. Given that the scum team most likely has a hijacker, they could very easily negate my bulletproof by redirecting me to scum if they think I'm going to hide on the night they kill me.

##Unvote
##Vote Princess Miya since I guess it's coming down to this, and there's no way I'm getting Depore offed today now that she has a replacement and we've entered a claim conflict involving unrelated players. The lack of resistance was because I thought Miya was most likely an insane cop for reasons that I already went over, but I can see why scum!Tracker!Miya would claim in an attempt to remove me from play.

I wasn't exactly an obvious target today, and offing somebody unexpected today rather than a more predictable town lynchee would allow the more likely mislynches to live later into the game, making a scum win easier. Furthermore, a lot of Miya's actual case on me seems recycled from other posts, and some if it isn't even valid anymore, which makes me wonder if she is even reading the thread. Miya does not really have any non-role-related reasons to lynch me, either, and that's not something I'm fond of, because if she is scum then it means that she can possibly get me mislynched without having to write up a proper analysis of my D1 actions that explains why I'm scummy.

I'll re-read the thread in a bit (read: when I feel up to it, I've been arguing over role shenanigans for the past hour or so and it's tiring) to see if I can come up with a stronger case on Miya than what I have already gone over.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »
Oh awesome, I wrote a new post over top of the other post I was writing >.>

EBWOP: I meant to say, if she's being truthful about her claim, doesn't it all but confirm that Empress was being SUPER SHIFTY when she dropped her claiim and then was all like "OH I THINK IT MIGHT BE INSANE COP"?

They're both really shifty. I'm not going to make a conclusion until I get a reread done later tonight.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
@UK and Book: No, that's not what I meant, though I see where you drew it from. Sorry for the confusion.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2011, 07:32:09 PM »
@Book:

Sure, if you got that, let's do it.

@Empress: I can confirm that's not the case on Just. If she was a hated townie, she did not know about it. I know all her abilities.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
Partial claim: I have a one-shot dayvig ability. Unfortunately it also has some bastardly side effects...like making me a death miller.  :ohdear:

I'm going to decide whether or not I'm going to use it later. In the meanwhile I want Iffrita and Miya to talk as much as they can~

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2011, 07:37:02 PM »
Christ that is an awful awful claim. But, as long as the vig is town directed, it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem...

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
...Except when I made cases on you and voted you for being scum yesterday, so GJ misreppin'.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
Christ that is an awful awful claim. But, as long as the vig is town directed, it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem...

I know right?  :ohdear:
Which is why Bard is a complete bastard.
To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with not using it. It removes the WIFOM aspect that will inevitably surface.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
Partial claim: I have a one-shot dayvig ability. Unfortunately it also has some bastardly side effects...like making me a death miller.  :ohdear:

I'm going to decide whether or not I'm going to use it later. In the meanwhile I want Iffrita and Miya to talk as much as they can~

Wait, WHAT?

That contradicts rule #6 - The mod's word is the truth...

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #448 on: July 16, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Your case was unbelievably flimsy, though! I defended it against twice and you never really gave my defense posts proper consideration. You just kind of brushed them aside, with the exception of the explanation of my Mala thought process. I don't think you genuinely have much dirt on me, and it's rather weird you kept considering me to be your #1 suspects when your other cases were actually stronger.

Unless it was an excuse for scum!you to track me last night?

also, book what the fuck

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #449 on: July 16, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »
In which case the mod is a lying bastard and I will complain in the post-game.