Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F  (Read 235001 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:25 AM »
Okay, been trying to use Google Translate(lolol) to get an vague idea on what sort of damage
Spoiler:
Astronomical Entombing and Hourai Barrage
would deal from
Spoiler:
Boss!Eirin and Boss!Kaguya, v1 of each.

If my understanding is correct, at all, both moves completly ignore MND, and would deal about 10800 and 7200 before Affinity kicks in.

Can anyone confirm/deny this value with some maths/values? And if deny, can you provide more accuract numbers?

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
Going off the database included with special disk, I get 6426 (1360 MAG, with a 1.35x MAG multiplier and a 3.5x damage multiplier - 1360 x 1.35 x 3.5 = 6426) and 5580 (1240 MAG, with a 1.5x MAG multiplier and a 3.0x damage multiplier - 1240 x 1.5 x 3 = 5580), respectively, for those two.

You're correct on them ignoring def/mnd though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:27:31 PM by Reiska »

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »
Hmm, I've been wondering. Is there any way to change the appearance of vanilla
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
and psycho
Spoiler:
Maribel
?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 09:27:53 AM »
Okay, I was doing Boss Rush, and I got to
Spoiler:
Maribel
. I was pretty bloody powerful, even if
Spoiler:
Maribel
was at 100% buffs everything, I'd be taking 0s.

Spoiler:
Maribel
is summoning the mooks, I'm blasting away with full ATK Buffed Nitori and her Megawatt. The first mook died, before all three had been summoned.
Spoiler:
Maribel
gets a turn, was probly gonna summon the third... game crashed. I am not kidding, I got a popup saying that "thLabyrinth_ver3 has stopped working" or w/e XD

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »
Maybe the crash was because you killed the summon before the others came out.  As I recall you're not supposed to be able to do that...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »
Ugh, made it to 27F, and the map on the japanese wiki isn't helping as much as I'd like D:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
27F is for farming. The map is irrelevant.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
I found my way through, eventually :|

27, 28 and 29 are all pains, especially when you have to find the path yourself. Currently on 29 >_>

I'll grind on 30F thank you very much :V

EDUT: Made it to 30F
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:46:27 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
Wow, you are the first person that would willing grind at floor 30 the first time you get there over floor 27.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »
Eh, the only real issue is that the enemies still outspeed Iku. Few more levels should solve the issue for the most part anyway. Besides, when someone like
Spoiler:
Sikieiki
gets owned THAT royally... :P

Zil

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
27, 28 and 29 are all pains, especially when you have to find the path yourself.
But that's part of the fun. :(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
29F isn't that bad, actually. Especially considering it's the first floor in a long time where the spaces are a little more open, so you can actually explore the entire thing in a fairly short amount of time. I thought it was a breath of fresh air!

Although, after a few key party members were finished with, I had to start running from most of the battles until a trip to Gensokyo. 29F battles are barely any better then 27F exp/skp wise anyway.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Avan Nozomi

• Look, it's a Rawrgna!
  • 何が遠い旅行ですか?
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
My friend recently got this game, but he has version 3.00 when a lot of you seem to have version 3.01. He and I are curious if there are any major differences between the two versions.

Thanks in advance!
I can see the glory cause I wipe my tears
All part of the same thing be signed
I really want to feel delight
Even if I live in dying dreams
-Truly Glory, by FELT

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
Some balance changes and maybe the instant battle button probably. Otherwise you'd need it for compatibility with the english patch.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
As a quick question, what's the general opinion on Eirin? Is she mostly just an accessory for Komachi, or can she stand on her own? I like how they pair together either way, seeing as the both of them can cover all stats with their debuffing spells, but I'm messing with this team of twelve:

Komachi
Eirin
Tenshi
Iku
Reimu

Mystia
Suwako
Flandre
Yuyuko
Marisa
Kanako
Utsuho

The first five form my defensive core, along with Kanako and Yuyuko more or less. i think I covered most of the bases - I wanted to see if Tenshi and Komachi would work together as a sort of tag team, like having Komachi come in for fun when there is any Rasetsu Fists and the like to Tenshi's face. I also really like Eirin, but I have heard some pretty nasty things about her, so I'm currently contemplating her usefulness!

Zil

« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure Eirin is just generally lame.

I have to question your lack of Meiling. And Eiki. If you're going for 30th floor you probaby don't want a trash clearer like Mystia either, since I don't think she's much use in boss battles.

Tangrelle

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »
I think I have something against Meiling in general, but I suppose in the long run I would need her, along with Eiki. I guess I'll have to switch things up! I have a nasty habit of not getting past floor 3 because I spy something wrong with my team and just have to restart, because I really want to stick with a team of 12, but I can't seem to find one to stick to.

Mystia has her uses, either way! Her paralysis is helpful and the statusclear/debuff flipflop into buff spell she has is incredibly lovely.

Zil

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
Oh for some reason I thought you were putting together a team just for the end. Yeah, Mystia's insane in the main game.

Tangrelle

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
I'm pretty much going to run with those twelve for as far as I can (Probably floor 3 is where I wish I had another member) and see how it goes.

I think I'll switch out Suwako for Yuuka, however, seeing as I might need her pleasant Defense stat and the secondary Spark. Might be erring a little high on the magic spectrum, but that shouldn't hurt too badly, I hope.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »
Mystia is fine for bosses. Her single target is pretty fast and has respectable damage.

I'd question the lack of Nitori more then the lack of Eiki, as Nitori is much more powerful for a lower SP cost and much higher usability in randoms. Only worse in the sense that Nitori can't damage billion def enemies; Megawatt pierces enough defense to still stand up to Last Judgment in other cases. Nitori is just grossly overpowered in general.

One other problem with sticking with a single team of 12 the whole game is scaling; some people are really bad early on and really good later, and vice versa. This is partly due to SP costs (Especially for, in your party, Utsuho/Kanako/Yuyuko, and to a point Mystia as her multitargets are 80 sp), and partly due to how stats scale in general. Partway through with that party I think you'd start to encounter SP problems trying to deal with the random battles. As well, taking along Minoriko is -immensely- helpful for maingame, while being droppable in Plus.

Eirin is pretty bad until late in where she can be a defensive nuker with Astronomical Tombing (her heal only covers 50% hp and is very slow, when a single-target heal should be capable of fullhealing or near so), Utsuho is questionable overall because she's actually not very strong nor does she have good defenses, and Yuyuko, while being an awesome defensive nuker later, is difficult to make use of before then due to slug speed and low damage, especially due to the amount of bosses with a SPI resistance.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tangrelle

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2012, 11:42:46 PM »
Ah, I see where you're coming from.

In that case, if I drop Eirin, would it still be acceptable to use Komachi? Maybe as an attacker, I suppose, instead of an Hp slot. I also can't stand Nitori due to her nasty overpowered quality, although mostly because I lack any good images for her (By my own opinion), although I'd be okay with dropping Flan when/if I find one.

What would be suitable replacements for Yuyuko and Utsuho then? Or I suppose, to better word it, suitable Spirit and Fire nukers to use in place of them. I sort of want to cover all the elements in the case of 18F Boss. So as for the team once more, i seem to have something akin to:

Meiling
Tenshi
Minoriko/Sanae(I'm still thinking about them- I'm low on offensive buffs other than Iku and have no speed buffs, so Sanae might be a better case here)
Reimu
Iku
Mystia
Yuuka
Marisa
Flan/Nitori
Kanako
-- (Was Utsuho)
-- (Was Yuyuko)

Maybe I should fit Renko there in place of one of them. Or someone with offensive debuffs, like Mokou.

Thanks for your time! Sorry to continue questioning on this, but I'm sick of making teams and dropping them by the 2nd/3rd floor because something about them botehrs me. I actually really want to get through the game with one team XD

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »
Now we're looking a lot better :3

There's many people who can cover Spirit and Fire. Orin, Ran (Sorta works as a SPI nuke, but is wonderful overall, great composite move when buffed and good durability), Kaguya can do both at once (Not the best FIR but not bad) , Yuugi, Komachi (Atk-based Komachi does work well), Patchouli.

Tangrelle

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
Hm hm hm! Yeah, there is a lot. I think I'll use Komachi as one of my attackers, then drop in Ran and use Minoriko over Sanae, so Ran can buff and she can heal. Although I might note that Ran's composite spell is non-elemental, but I do love it either way because I love Magic Ran or whatever. Then i have one extra slot. So to sum it up, it comes out as:

Meiling
Tenshi
Iku
Reimu
Ran
Minoriko
Marisa
Kanako
Nitori
Yuuka
Mystia
---

So I think I more or less just need someone with Fire. I'm so close! I think they might have to be tanky on the side of Defense, since most of my group seems to be able to take magic hits, but not the other spectrum. Would Yuugi work? Or maybe Mokou? Are there any Fire users who actually have an offensive debuff besides Mokou? I mean, I like her and all, but I'd rather not have to use her silly Tsuki no Whatever Curse to get a debuff on while doing no damage.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
Alice actually sounds like she fits the final slot very well. I forgot she has a good FIR attack, plus she's got decent stats in both DEF and MND, can debuff both offensive stats, and for extra she's got good multitargets to use in randoms and can cover both physical and magical in that aspect.

Tangrelle

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:27 AM »
Oh! Oh my she does! Yay!

Now I have a full team that can do nearly everything I want and I will update everyone if I make it past the first few floors <3333

Many thanks!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 03:45:43 AM »
Okay, I managed to defeat
Spoiler:
***WINNER***
and on my first try ^_^

Now, to go for New Game+(if I can figure out how to get it to work... defeat the Final Boss again maybe?)

Trying to form up a team for it, and so far:

Iku(Tanking and Buffing, general use)
Mary(Self Buff, Nuking/Trash clearing, general usage)
Nitori(Nuking, general use)
Komachi(Sorta Tanking, posibly nuking)
Rumia(Nuking -> Healing)
Meiling OR Reimu OR(if she's as good as people say) Minoriko(Mainly Healing before Rumia can do so properly)
Reisen and/or Eiki

Are my current ideas. Any idea's for the remaining half of the party?

Zil

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:45 AM »
To make new game+ work you just start a new game and after all the intro dialogue it asks you if you want to carry over data from another game. Yeah, that confused me for bit as well.

I still wonder what it would be like to do a new game with only final-boss characters.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
Final-boss roster means you have to use Remilia and Eirin. That really sucks.

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
Final boss only? So, no healers then? Unless you count the fighting games, where Reimu is technically the final boss against Suika. Though, I would normally think of only Suika as the final boss for Immaterial and Missing Power and Tenshi as the final boss for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »
Nah, Eirin can heal, she's not gonna be any good for it for a while unless built for sheer speed, and even then...

Also, Yuuka can Heal, and she was an S6 Boss/Final Boss, back in PC-98, but same issue as Eirin, a % heal that likely can't keep up at all until later, and even then, it's probly only cause you have the DEF/MND to make most things trivial.