Author Topic: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (Possibly dead?!)  (Read 103027 times)

Re: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (1F BETA WHAT)
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:42 AM »
Played through this on Hard and then Lunatic.  Great game.  I loved all the touhou-ish elements;  Spellcards are genius.

The four stat system was a good idea too.  It's great to actually have to pay attention to what attacks you are using. (=  Well, once I leveled up some the enemies became easy enough where I just used whatever multi-target attacks I wanted, but it was fun when I was at a lower level.

Ah, and the guard system was cool too.  It's too bad I didn't use it much. /:  Are you planning on having survival cards?  They would be a great excuse to use the guard system.

I'm looking forward to the next release. (^_^)
^_^;

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »
Is it too early to begin the guessing game of who is going to be on level 2?
Am I right in remembering that there will be four new playable characters on level 2?
Is Garlyle planning on releasing the next version of the game when level 2 is ready or will he hold out for level 3?
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »
Is it too early to begin the guessing game of who is going to be on level 2?
Am I right in remembering that there will be four new playable characters on level 2?
Is Garlyle planning on releasing the next version of the game when level 2 is ready or will he hold out for level 3?
You can guess all you want but it won't mean much 8D

There are... seven more playable characters on the second floor.  Possibly eight by the final version.

And I do intend to release 2F once it's ready, since that's when I originally intended to release the beta.

draganuv15

« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »
i'd like to provide alphes style art, but I have no way to upload it to you soz :(

EDIT: Or I could provide my own style which SUXS
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:00:50 PM by draganuv15 »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
i'd like to provide alphes style art, but I have no way to upload it to you soz :(

EDIT: Or I could provide my own style which SUXS
Huh?  Why wouldn't you be able to upload it?  Do you do it by hand?

draganuv15

« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:37 AM »
yeh i do it by hand and i have no way to get it on the computer

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »
Well, if you ever happen to get access to a scanner or similar, please let me know 8D

draganuv15

« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35:43 AM »
i do have a scanner, but i need to install the software again. I'll try and get it again :D

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »
You can guess all you want but it won't mean much 8D
Meaningless speculation is all part of the fun.
Spoiler:
Except for Rinnosuke and Kana all the playable characters were either level 1 bosses or midbosses. The Touhou characters that fall in those categories that haven't been used in level 1 are
Rika
Orange
Sara
Rumia
Letty
Minoriko Aki
Nazrin
Koakuma
Lily White
Shizuha Aki
Kisume

My speculationfor level 2 will either include a seasonal dungeon (Letty,The Aki's and Lily) or a darkness dungeon (Kisume, Rumia and maybe Mystia or possibly Parsee)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:42 AM »
I'm hoping for...

Spoiler:
Mystia Fried Chicken(Maybe save her from being eaten?  :V)
Rumia
Mima(Yeah right, not happening  :( Not this early)
Nazrin
CHEEEEN
Cirno
Letty
Murasa?! :getdown:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #310 on: September 30, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »
oh lawd speculation 8D

Spoiler:
Out of all of those, however, at least on is correct

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #311 on: September 30, 2010, 04:05:10 AM »
Why are we spoilering the names? It's not like we all don't know the names of Touhou characters...

Anyway, Gar-gar already stated that he is trying to give bias love towards less-used/liked characters in this game. So far in floor 1, this holds to be pretty true with the exception of Rinnosuke...And mayyyyybe Wriggle.

Anyway. Assuming he does that again for floor 2, I'm expecting to see Kisume (he's probably wondering htf to make her as a character though) most of all. Shizuha Is also really rarely used, but people don't seem to care about her like they do Kisume, so while Garlyle probably thinks that means she should be in more, he's probably smitten by Kisume's charm too >=p.

Rumia I actually  would stick in later, she's actually fairly common in these fangames compared to most stage 1 bosses. Maybe Letty instead.

Do you plan on having the prismriver sisters together or grouped up somehow Garlyle?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #312 on: September 30, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »
Heh, while I'm trying to, it also has to do with whose dream I can craft into a world; and while you'll find a few instances where minor characters take the stage more than major ones, it's really hard to keep that when occasionally I can use someone more major in a more important way.  So while a number of characters coming up fall under the "lesser popularity" segment, a couple even just here on F2 have some significant popularity behind them.

As for the Prismriver Sisters... that's a secret.  If you're asking about how they'll play, however, they're all counted as individual party members, though as you might expect, they do have abilities that only really shine when they're together... Or that's the plan, anyway.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2010, 05:07:48 AM »
As for the Prismriver Sisters... that's a secret.  If you're asking about how they'll play, however, they're all counted as individual party members, though as you might expect, they do have abilities that only really shine when they're together... Or that's the plan, anyway.
I like where this is going.

Shizuha

Who?

« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I found this project by googling RMVX and Touhou as I'm also making one for myself. In short, I'm interested in this for ideas. I also played the demo so I'll criticize that first.

1. Maps: I find it too confusing especially since there are way too many one-tiled paths behind star passages. (I am probably spoiled by Pokemon's maps...) The tree puzzle is good though. (I haven't finished it BTW)

2. Battle System: Is good. Especially the boss patterns. Plus, it's turn-based which I find to be fast and efficient than any other battle systems. The Attack command is pure genius seeing as I haven't seen that before.

3. Graphics: It's pretty glaring to see the VX RTP monsters and Kana. Are you going to make them consistent over time?

That's pretty much it. I'll be looking forward to this.

@ Combination Attacks
I believe KGC has a script like that. KGC_CooperationSkill from the KGC-YERD Base.

EDIT: Tried the KGC Script. It's working perfectly for the default battle system. It has issues with Melody though...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:21:02 PM by lenne18 »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
I would like to second the survival card idea. You put too much work into the defense system to not let it be shown off a little.

Also I was wondering what is the progress on level 2?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »
Must've missed the KGC script...

On maps: It's mostly intentional.  None of the stuff you need to go through those little passages for is essential; it's still handy, though.
On the battle system: Thanks
On graphics: I am not a spriter - I can edit minimally, but that's about it.  If I can find resources, I might switch up - but as I said earlier in the topic, I'm really fond of the clash for a variety of reasons.

Yes, there will be survival cards later.  They're special cases though.

And the progress on floor 2 is not as much as I would have liked it to be due to an influx of games, games, and more games.  @_@

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »
Welp. I too have been playing some touhou fangames lately and notice some trends that I think you can try to improve on =)

I have some questions about the story if you don't mind... Maybe you don't want to spoil though.

1: medicine is a character rarely mentioned, but has so much potential to have a real deep story. Do you intend on giving her something more than pre-boss smacktalk or whatever? Actually are you going to really focus on individual storylines at all other than pre-boss smacktalk?

2: pretty much above but how about kanako? I find she gets overshadowed by sanae and nitori all the time, and suwako to a lesser extent... Err Aya too actually. I mean kanako is one of the least influential characters in touhou fangames for some reason,

3: I think people will hate me for this but... MarisaxAlice? I don't mean some kind of lesbian romance... But so many fangames seem to tell the player that they have a deeper relationship than other characters, but they never dip their toes in at all. I personally prefer none at all or more in-depth stuff regarding that. What do you intend?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »
I suppose the best way to answer all of those at once is that each floor from here on out contains its own mini-story.  The first floor did too, although it wasn't a huge point of focus - more about exploring the tower and coming face to face with its great mystery for the first time.  However, the cast from 1F is with you for a long time though, and as you progress, you'll be seeing them a fair amount in supporting conversations and such that should hopefully make up for it.  Though to a certain extent, don't expect everyone to have a huge drawn out story, that would just be really hard to do!  Still, hopefully I can give everyone the time for them all to garner at least some attention.

No specifics on Medicine or Kaguya, but they do play fairly significant roles once they do come up.  Mind you, for Medicine, it shouldn't be a surprise - for a doll who has decided to liberate all of dollkind, is it really a surprise to hear she might have a fairly significant role in a game about wishes?

The exact nature of the bond between Alice and Marisa... yeah, I do plan to have some stuff revolving around that.  What?  Well, that's being concealed for the time being.  Partially because after Sengoku Gensokyo's interpretation of the magicians, I need to stand back and re-evaluate my own interpretations of them!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:03:19 AM by Garlyle »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
No specifics on Medicine or Kaguya,

He asked for Kanako, not Kaguya.   :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »
God damn everyone with K names.

Still no specifics either way 8D

EDIT: God fucking damn scripting some nights.  Just when I have shit working right, I find that one of the battle scripts I'm using overwrites how the game handles certain routines, so the advice I got from someone doesn't actually work, which utterly ruins part of the battle plans at present for
Spoiler:
Fumiko
as well as plans for more than one character's worth of new battle mechanics, and just... -argh-.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:02:05 PM by Garlyle »

« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »
in ur fangaemz ruinan ur plans

[ruro]Hahahaha, no you're not[/ruro]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:56:12 AM by Hanna-Justina Ruroseille »

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2010, 12:20:42 AM »
...Wow. You signed up JUST so you could do that? What a fascinating insight into the mind of a troll. Garlyle, did you want me to report that?

Edit: Meh, I reported it anyways.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:49:38 AM by Kirin »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »
Yeah, we're not having that here just yet. It's up to Garlyle if he wants to make that kind of stuff known. Please refrain from posting that in the future.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:16 PM »
...What the heck did I miss? o.o;
I'm gonna take a guess and assume someone cracked the data and posted up a character list or about the maps that weren't available in the demo or something (Which is possible I suppose?), in which case I'm kind of flattered someone went that far to try to troll me?  I'm... really not sure o.o;
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:51:10 PM by Garlyle »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2010, 05:17:48 PM »
Something like that. Had a graph and an entire character list thing with only like 20 showing.I can see the picture in my head but I barely remember it. Spoilers are alright an all but stuff like that takes all the fun out of the game. Let's just be glad it got deleted,

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »
Something like that. Had a graph and an entire character list thing with only like 20 showing.I can see the picture in my head but I barely remember it. Spoilers are alright an all but stuff like that takes all the fun out of the game. Let's just be glad it got deleted,
Well it's not like that would really spoil anything, I mean, I've already said pretty much everyone will be in 8D
...And while the order might have spoiled something, well, no proof that it would; I've been pondering changing up my ordering anyway

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »
The screenshots had the order of character acquirement for the first twenty or so, Sakuya's growth chart and a map of 2F, complete with event and item locations.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
The screenshots had the order of character acquirement for the first twenty or so, Sakuya's growth chart and a map of 2F, complete with event and item locations.
That's literally impossible though; Sakuya's growth isn't even done yet.  I'm surprised they didn't realise that if so.

...Also neither is 2F.  Literally it's not even done -yet-, although I think at least one of 2F's half-finished maps might be there.  Unless it was a different map, in which case it might not be 2F at all - rather, a map that was originally going to be the 'last section' of 1F until I realised that the characters involved and plot significance are better left for later.

Amused to find out that RMVX's default encryption cracks so fast though; maybe I'll just release the next one as open or something anyway (Or use an alternate encryptor... hm)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:58:04 PM by Garlyle »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2010, 07:01:40 PM »
Spoilers don't ruin a game..But it definitely ruins the fun in waiting for a game in progress! Though the recent spoiler spamfest has boosted the post count yay. Maybe eventually this thread will need to be locked and get a version 2 >=P