Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263559 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.92 released]
« Reply #870 on: January 08, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »
Innuendos where? I have no idea what you're talking about :V

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #871 on: January 08, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
it's an RPG. numbers are god, who cares about who actually wins.
Diablo II is what set the bar for ARPGs that numbers are NOT what make a game utterly awesome, but the mechanics, balance, and fun factor. Numbers are nice, yes. Numbers tend to win, yes. But I prefer it to be at least reasonably similar to what it's supposed to be a fanwork of. ;)
^ Also note that the highest damage numbers in Diablo II don't normally touch over a few thousand, and it's extremely linear until you get %s for PvP

also any innuendos Pesco make are at the very least left in, and are most likely completely intended.
Innuendos where? I have no idea what you're talking about :V
Damnit, Pesco! I like you already. Stopit! xD I don't need to have reasons to like you more than I already do.

Also Character save as requested. Go ahead and fill in the blank.

Edit :
I have to apologize for if you end up logging on with none of the items on or whatnot. I use alt to cut the 19 points I need in graze after I'm able to wear the hat. It needs 125 and gives 144 after equipping. Just filling in that so you know. I can't do it otherwise without PlugY.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:47:11 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #872 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
Really now. It's not the time of day to go making me think >_>

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #873 on: January 08, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
Really now. It's not the time of day to go making me think >_>
Aww. I sorry. :ohdear:
<- It's sitting right over there..

Here. Have a happyface. Or the answer. Whatever you receive first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYq2AgYnhLg&fmt=37

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #874 on: January 08, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
I know the word, just not where you put the capitalisation.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #875 on: January 08, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
capitalisation
Oh. Well, I wouldn't type LaserMari in any other fashion. It just wouldn't be right. :)

Didn't mean to make you all angryface in the middle of the night. :ohdear:

Edit :
>_>
The only reason I chalked it up with a password is so random people wouldn't just surf and take it. I don't know who got it other than you, but I just have a vague(ish) dislike of people yoinking things I worked on.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:07:52 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #876 on: January 08, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
I wasn't angryface. I think the Remilia Touhouword has a mistake in the runes reference. I tested a Kyouko Touhouword and it was fine, so it wasn't the item types being wrong.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #877 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
I wasn't angryface.
I sure hope not. :/

And uh, do you know the best weapon to use for a Mokou Touhouword? I know I need something other than magic and ice, but I'm not sure if I want to go with a Mokou weapon or reset my skills. I could simply borrow Patchy's Royal Flare da ze. :V

Edit :
Actually.. I just gave myself the answer. I know what Marisa would do. Going to do just that. :3
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:21:03 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #878 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Remilia Touhouword had a completely different kind of bug than what I thought it was. That is fixed. But I found other Touhouwords that didn't appear to work and the nature of what's breaking them is still unknown to me. This could take ma a while.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #879 on: January 08, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
This could take ma a while.

Weeeell, Ma', dun chu worray 'bout dat. I got allza time in da world. :3

Oh, an' I see's me one o' dem thingy-what'sit's.. A bugger! Yeh das' it. Dem thar image..airies.. in yer skillz page with the charic..a..turs ya' pick.. for skillz.. ya' know.. thar background ain't so solid. Can see's right through 'em.

Thar's a fire behind dat Ze girl.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2013-01-0815-37-09-76.png

And wuzzat woman's name dat throws dem knifes.. Can just 'bout see's her through dat Iku fellow.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2013-01-0815-37-42-20.png

Thar's a rune. All of 'em are like dat. The writin' ain't even solid.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2013-01-0815-38-11-68.png

Now later, when Ma's done with the fixin', we can go to dat pub I wuz tellin' yallz 'bout. Nawlin's best Jazz club dat thar side of Burbon Street. I heard dem.. newcomer's sayin' our town's name like... New Orleans.. or somethin'. I dunno 'bout you, Ma', but I like Nawlin's just as it is.

Post-apologies for those who don't get it. The Big Easy represent. xD
Edit : I'll blame this post on who deserves to be blamed.
Catch a riiiiiiiiiide!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:04:16 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #880 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »
Oh, an' I see's me one o' dem thingy-what'sit's.. A bugger! Yeh das' it. Dem thar image..airies.. in yer skillz page with the charic..a..turs ya' pick.. for skillz.. ya' know.. thar background ain't so solid. Can see's right through 'em.

Thar's a fire behind dat Ze girl.
And wuzzat woman's name dat throws dem knifes.. Can just 'bout see's her through dat Iku fellow.

Thar's a rune. All of 'em are like dat. The writin' ain't even solid.

I've noticed this before but I don't think it's a bug. When you open up menus on both sides of the screen (Example: Skill Tree and Character Stats) they're no longer see through. I'm sure there's a reason for it, most likely another d2 engine limitation xD.
This isn't a very clever signature...

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #881 on: January 09, 2013, 04:20:52 AM »
I've noticed this before but I don't think it's a bug. When you open up menus on both sides of the screen (Example: Skill Tree and Character Stats) they're no longer see through. I'm sure there's a reason for it, most likely another d2 engine limitation xD.

Perhaps, perhaps not. None of the runes in vanilla LoD have see through characters on them, nor are any of the skills on the page. I think it might have something to do with erasing the background of the custom character images to make it actually invisible, like you can do in say photoshop or fireworks. That's what it looks like to me. The images had their backgrounds deleted and are now invisible, or realistically just not there, and not just a white filling like you'd get in say.. paint. Which is probably exactly what you want in a game like D2 which is completely dedicated to pixels.. the while filling.

For some reason now I want oreos. I wonder why. :derp:

Edit :
I guess I'll just have to wait for Pesco. He'll know more on how the game runs the art design in the skill tree though.. so if anyone should be able to find the reason for this, it's him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:22:49 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #882 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:49 AM »
I'm kinda curious about the Massacre on Mt Ooe skill for Suika. The Mist stat says +1 defense per mist stat for it. It doesn't add defense obviously nor would that really make sense for a decrepify skill. Is this another outdated description? Or does it subtract that defense from the target? Also my skill shows that putting another point into it won't increase the duration but will increase the mana cost. Does it increase duration slowly, like 0.5 seconds or something per level and just doesn't show it? Or is it making the decrepify effect stronger? Little worried to play around with it until I see results without a respec to fall back on right now.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #883 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
The runes are like because the colour I used when making them is read as the game internal colour for transparency. The skilltab backgrounds have the same problem and some of them are a bit misaligned. I could redo the skilltabs at some stage. The runes i'd rather just leave as is since it's really negligible.

Massacre on Mt Ooe gives flat armour reduction to the enemies it hits. Duration is constant, only the debuff scales.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #884 on: January 10, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »
So.. I found something really interesting.
Original Cube
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/20130110232658906.png
Cube that dropped from the Council in Act 3.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/2013011023270078.png

If I put an item inside one cube, it appears inside the other as well. I haven't put one cube inside the other for fear of corrupting my save.. But you have no idea how much of me wants to do just that. (Put the cube inside the other, not corrupt the save. :wat:)

« Reply #885 on: January 10, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »
So.. I found something really interesting.
Original Cube
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/20130110232658906.png
Cube that dropped from the Council in Act 3.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/2013011023270078.png

If I put an item inside one cube, it appears inside the other as well. I haven't put one cube inside the other for fear of corrupting my save.. But you have no idea how much of me wants to do just that. (Put the cube inside the other, not corrupt the save. :wat:)

You can put one cube inside the other, then put the first cube inside the cube already inside, then if you close the cube both cubes will appear to have vanished, but you can get them back by trading a cube to your character using PlugY. Fun stuff :3
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #886 on: January 11, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »
vanished is fun stuff :3
Sounds amusing. I'll try to avoid putting one inside the other though. That doesn't seem really useful when they both have the same stuff inside them.

Also, I found this. I would have left it on the ground but the name got me curious. It's not a unique item, yet it has a name, socketed, without any type of difficulty revealed. Bug? Or feature?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/2013011100184200.png

Edit :
It also makes me wonder.. are there other weapons similar to it? Are they the end-game tier items that noone knows about?

And why is it that some NPCs (Act 4 Phantasm / Act 3 Nightmare..? Hratli) sell armor at N, yet every other NPC afterwards continues to sell it at E? I can't see this being completely intentional that they sell N stuff yet the next act is selling E stuff.

Edit 2:
Know what I realized? I don't remember seeing Alice at all. Like.. whatsoever in the entire game. (Ignoring the side stuff) Did I miss her or something?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:43:55 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #887 on: January 11, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
Also, I found this. I would have left it on the ground but the name got me curious. It's not a unique item, yet it has a name, socketed, without any type of difficulty revealed. Bug? Or feature?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/2013011100184200.png

Feature. Character's set items have a different base item made for them. That would appear to be Yuuka's weapon in base form. Where did it drop from?

« Reply #888 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
You may have mentioned this already, but do you mind if I ask what you're doing to knock out in three steps next patch?
Also can I ask what the satori touhouword does? :3 I love her.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #889 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
Yuugi gets a fire element Leap Attack.

Satori Touhouword (if it works) it gives Orin and Utsuho oskills. Warlocks and Hermits will not get the full benefit of their respective available skills.

Why I'm saying if the Touhouword works is because at the moment it's completely random as to which ones do and which don't. There's no systematic pattern to tell me which ones are broken for what reason. If you find one that doesn't work, you may have to assume it won't be available.

« Reply #890 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
I'm really wracking my brain as to what kind of character to make when the new patch comes out but I find myself not wanting to make a kensei simply because of the aura flashing (Was that what it was called?)
It just seems like it would be rather annoying to have to switch auras constantly to maintain maximum efficiency. I was actually more interested in playing a kensei when it was more of a choice between the three different auras, lightning and fire for pure damage and frost for the added slows. (With lightning doing more damage but requiring more of an investment)
I don't know if anyone else shares this opinion but I just wanted to get it out there that I'd rather not cycle through three hotkeys while fighting stuff on top of whatever other abilities I'd want to use.

Edit: I'm fully aware it's absolutely unreasonable to ask for a change to something that others enjoy, I'm just curious if others enjoy this. It seems tedious to me but if others disagree I'm definitely willing to try another character.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:32:55 PM by Tarmo »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #891 on: January 11, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
Well the intended way is to just keep one aura active. Only a hardcore powergamer like Catfish would do something so lame like aura flashing amirite? :P

« Reply #892 on: January 11, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
Bleh, I'm a perfectionist. Even though I know I'll never play a character perfectly I always feel bad if I don't at least try.
I guess I'll have to deal with it, I can't think of any proposed changes other than perhaps a salvation aura? But that defeats the purpose of choosing one element to resist... D:
I just feel like you'd probably end up putting one point into each and switching to that one when you're facing something of that element.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #893 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
That's more or less the plan with Yorihime and all the central trees. Their skills can be just fine with only one point in them. And if you think about how the damage synergy of the aura works, one point to have the skill and the rest is character stat.

« Reply #894 on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »
Hold on, just to confirm, the bonus lightning/fire/cold damage is only when the aura's are active right? Otherwise aura flashing wouldn't be much of a problem as I don't think there are many times when you'll be hit by multiple elements at the same time. (Although I'm pretty sure I saw patchy in act 1 smack me with all elements)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #895 on: January 11, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
Yes the damage is only when the aura is active. Flashing the auras will momentarily give you the damage bonus from both auras.

« Reply #896 on: January 12, 2013, 06:51:10 AM »
Yes the damage is only when the aura is active. Flashing the auras will momentarily give you the damage bonus from both auras.
By both do you mean you can only maintain two auras at a time?
Also I found two of the same ghost (or was it butterfly) fan... the shield one. They're both indestructible and ethereal...am I just lucky or do they automatically spawn with ethereal?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #897 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:08 AM »
Generally ethereal and indestructable don't spawn together. But if the item gains the indestructable mod first and then the ethereal, they can have both.

« Reply #898 on: January 12, 2013, 07:03:18 AM »
Oh, I should clarify, they're both the same unique shield. I thought perhaps it was meant to spawn with both.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #899 on: January 12, 2013, 07:08:13 AM »
Feature of that unique item.