Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263542 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.92 released]
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
The nice-to-have extras are low priority to the mod. I'd only make them very last if I'm still waiting on stuff.

All the side areas are places that you generally won't visit unless you like clearing out absolutely everhwere in the game.

EoSD - Cave level 2, Lake Trail
PCB - Underground Passage level 2
IN - NorthWest temple off Inner Eientei Passageway
PoFV - Pit level 2
MoF - Oni Bar level 2
SA - Hell's Ember level 3
UFO - SouthEast temple off Inner Eientei Passageway
??1 - Pandemonium event, get keys from Yukari, Aya and Sikieiki. Requires PlugY.
??2 - Pandemonium event, get keys from Yukari, Aya and Sikieiki. Requires PlugY.
??3 - Pandemonium event, get keys from Yukari, Aya and Sikieiki. Requires PlugY.
TD - Pandemonium event, get keys from enemies in ??1, ??2, ??3. Requires PlugY.
Catfish Lair - Former Capital

Edit :What unique gohei do you have? If it's the Mikogiri, I already have it as an [N]. Realistically, I want to actually find Reimu's gohei. Mikogiri seems more like a generic gohei to me. Granted it fits both Sanae and Reimu, I'm looking for THAT ONE GOHEI that may not exist.. yet I feel it does.. somewhere. The Purification Rod.

Mikogiri is a reference to this (Danbooru).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:27:36 AM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Well, good to know it's at least on the plate of willing to do it. The mod itself comes first, completely agree. No questions asked. ;)

By the way, thanks for the list. I'll have to find PlugY.. whatever that is. And I know Pandemonium Event was the keys.. but those aren't the bosses that dropped the in-game keys... PlugY will prolly clear that up.

Also... Objection! how dare you ..! You dare give legitimate source to
(How dare you give awesome stuff! lol)
Exibit A : [Awesome Item.jpg]
from
Exibit B : [Danbooru Link.html]
of which I had to read because it made me read it... hahaha Oh wow ok. Thanks. A lot. That was really funny :V
.. Makes me wonder how many other items have references... Good lord I'd be on  Danbooru all day. Or even longer... :ohdear:           .. That's ok because I absolutely love going through Touhou stuff on there :D

Edit :
I just ran though Subterranean Animism. First boss I found after not even 4 minutes of surfing was Okuu. Then I ran through the ENTIRE area and nearly finished before I found Satori. The difficulty on both bosses seems a bit low in my opinion, going on the difficulties in EoSD, PCB, and what I saw so far in IN + PoFV.

Unfortunately... I didn't find a SINGLE other name anywhere in the entire area. Not a single one. I know there's supposed to be others in SA. Did I miss them? If so, that speaks for itself. Every character I fought elsewhere not only made themselves known, they were difficult.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:10:43 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
SA and UFO spawns bosses as if they are normal mobs. Run the area again and they might appear, more than once is a possibilioty too. If you really want them to appear, use YFAA to force a spawn.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
Um... currently running through Imperishable Night.

After I fight Keine.. I realize the area she was in resembled her hat. Very cool stuff.

Next was a large circle thing.. which led to a large Yin-yang orb hosting Reimu.

But I realized.. the large circle area had monsters in it, yet had absolutely no way to get inside. I circled the entire area and no door. Is there something I'm missing?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2012-12-2112-19-03-36.png

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
If you played Imperishable Night you'd understand what that means :V

Just tested something I wanted to give the enemies (yes they deserve buffs too). It works, I like what it does, and you guys won't like it :D.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #725 on: December 21, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
OOOOOh, It's cuz of Ze~ being playable. I forgot about that little number in IN.

Looking forward to whatever you give them. I feel so unbelievably powerful going into Nightmare that.. I sort of wanted to have Hell Difficulty's amount of rare and champion monsters. They die so quickly.

Or is that because I'm doing like a solid 31k damage with lolspark? (Lvl 73)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #726 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
That's what you do now, the enemies might make it become a very piddly little number.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #727 on: December 21, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
Hahahahaha YES!

If you're going to make em boss, DO IT. Don't half ass it either. :D I went into EoSD the first time and was raped so quickly I had no idea what hit me. Now that I actually (sort of) know better about the skills.. It's not nearly as difficult.
It's that feeling you get when you feel you've outgrown the difficulty. :ohdear:

I don't think I've had this much fun actually getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter .. in a such a long time I can't even remember anything that comes close.

I do know that it can get SUPER annoying when the monster's passive regeneration is almost as much as you dish out in damage. Specifically.. a Champion (of some type) Unraveler inside of Mima's tombs. (on Nightmare) I went inside on /players 8 and realized his health regen simply outregenerated my lolspark damage.. So I put it back on /players 1.. and if I had to attack even ONE thing that he revived.. his health regenerated to max.. I spent like.. prolly a good 20-30 health potions (and a half hour) trying to kill this thing. Specifically because it HAD to die. It was a thing.

I can do stupid high amounts of health. I can do low health and stupid high regeneration. Both takes forever and becomes really unfair for the character level that the level was designed for. Something you might want to keep as brain food when designing the final buffs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:22:15 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
What's easy to beat for one build might be difficult for another. That's the fair distribution of power that I should be aware of but haven't really paid attention to. if it takes your Fairy too long to kill it, make some Medicine +skill crafts to stop its regen. Or use Firebird to bypass them.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
Fair enough. I realize that going through the entire game with one type of element, (or lack of it in this case,) just won't cut it.

Problem is.. Marisa locks out Mokou, and I planned to go with Letty but don't have any points into it since they didn't feel like they helped. I beg to differ against my previous thoughts now that I'm further into the game and realize that ice shattering monsters would be unbelievably helpful.

And um.. Is there a problem with the Elements passive for Patchouli's Deluge Forty Days on items? I know the items don't give Elements the main +% to mana, but they should give the + damage to the skills and other bonuses. It doesn't look like it gives any + time, + freeze duration.. or + anything to Deluge. Even if I take my items off so it can drop Elements from level 285 to 35, the ice still lasts 1.3 seconds on Nightmare. I know that nightmare has a solid negative on cold length, but no matter HOW you take that negative be it additive or percent, it's not possible to have absolutely no change to TEN seconds solid of extra freeze duration.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #730 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
The synergy calculation is set up the same way as its counterpart from vanilla. I don't se how it could go wrong.

Edit: Found it. The skill description doesn't update the changes. Also known as the Lying Character Screen bug.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:03:06 PM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #731 on: December 21, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
Well... shit. Ok. Thanks for finding that. Currently in the process of leveling it up a bit, (It's 2 atm,) and after that going for Patchouli's Royal Flare. It just screams at me it wants to blow stuff up. Who am I to tell it no?

Do you think you could fix the bug? Or is it embedded into Diablo II's core programming?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #732 on: December 21, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
It's an easy fix. I just had to give it the correct calculation reference.

Wypatroszony

« Reply #733 on: December 21, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »
I've had me a handful of runs through the side areas (other than IN and the bonus areas; no keys dropped) and given how I have 1 point in the revive Yuyuko spell, I bothered checking how it is with it's actual creep capabilities.

EoSD and PCB have a bunch of revive-able creeps, thus the spell could be put to some use. However, from PoFV onward it's impossible to revive anything at all. How is it with this? Are both cases, programmed as they are, intentional? (You may rest peacefully as all the corpses have the capability to get you a skeleton when needed, that's just a question).

Another odd thing that happened to me is that YFAA has started to summon endlessly in PoFV at some point, without me using the ability anymore (the gap did not close, Yukari trolling around again :V). Given how many of them started to appear, my poor machine could not handle the sheer amount of enemy forces, not to mention all the particles. Unless that's how it's meant to be, to summon EVERYTHING after a certain time of fooling around.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #734 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:27 PM »
YFAA has started to summon endlessly in PoFV at some point, without me using the ability anymore (the gap did not close, Yukari trolling around again :V).

Wait, are you saying than when you use the YFAA charm, it actually opens a gap that summons something? Monsters just appear out of nowhere for me. No gap or anything. ???

Wypatroszony

« Reply #735 on: December 21, 2012, 11:30:20 PM »
No, it doesn't show any gap, I just used a term that was the closest to show what I actually mean. Creeps started to spawn infinitely with just the regular cooldown intervals. :V

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #736 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »
Oh ok, I was about to say.. you get awesome gap animations and I don't get jack. Bias! xD

I feel better now.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #737 on: December 22, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
In PoFV, Sikieiki will constantly summon for each tick of her AI routine. Reimu and Marisa will summon when they roll the summon spell in their actions, low priority though.

Edit: Added Stuffman's sprites. They look amazing :D.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:58:17 AM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #738 on: December 22, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »
Just ran into that 'monster becomes immune to all the things' glitch.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2012-12-2207-45-44-69.png

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2012-12-2207-48-06-17.png

It seemed that it dropped the arrows/bolts that are hanging out on the ground a bit to the right.. but yet has not died and does damage to me.

Edit :
Upon continuing after posting this, I have come across two more of the same exact monster with the same glitch. Drops things, makes the death sound, doesn't actually die and still does damage to me. Thankfully the ice armor does a metric shitton of freeze time, so I can escape the impossible. (Thanks again for finding that.)

Edit 2 :
What in HELL are those things in Imperishable Night on Lunatic MADE of? Them goddamn things are monsters. Decently high health, which isn't too difficult, OVERWHELMING numbers of rabbits.. which get stupidly hard to control, and then you have the poison that's almost instant health drop, and even granted my poison resist is only 18%.. really? Not to mention the blizzards. Oh the blizzards. Burned ALL of my full elixirs (around 40+ of them) just the beginning area.

But WOW do they give a GODTIER amount of experience at high 70s low 80s. Level 84 now, (got about 8ish levels) and it feels like I'm just starting at level 1 poking stuff outside the camp. It's that noticable. I think taking out Wriggle was about 1/6 or so of my exp bar at like 83. That place is nuts. Got swarmed by a hundred thousand rabbits though so I had to [Exit : Stage right ->] and leave the place.  :(

Edit 3 :
Just thinking about it... The other day I was able to not only host, join, leave, join, leave, host, join, leave, host.. DOZENS upon dozens of times with my vista hosting (because I get Game Does Not Exist error when XP hosts).. It was after I restarted my XP and it just happened that It did not crash for several hours. At least 4 hours solid of transferring, sorting, moving, muling and running again. It was beautiful. Then I accidentally pressed enter instead of the 'ok' button (On char select) on Vista when I told it to host, and not only did I lose my ability to host / join without crashing, it became as per the usual every 3-5 games joined/hosted that caused a crash. (On both computers)

Don't know what that was about, but perhaps it might be caused by, (or in combination with), how much active memory the computer has currently. Maybe there's a memory leak? I've had other games I played in which the game would crash on lack of available ram because of the memory leak in it's core programming. I'm betting that there's a link between one computer trying to join and crashing causing an error with the OTHER client causing it to crash after a few join/hosts as well.

Edit 4 :
Ehm... The runeword Marisa seems to have failed me. They need to be in a socketed only item, correct? As far as the vanilla game goes, it cannot be a magical, rare, unique, or set item for it to work. The documentation simply states rune word names, so I assume they SHOULD work as they do in vanilla.

Or.. is there no hidden stats that go with said runeword?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2012-12-2210-30-05-06.png
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:35:03 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #739 on: December 22, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
Just started a Phantom Kensei character for a Flandre & Tenshi build which so far has been pretty fun. I have found a small mistake of no consequence other than aesthetic value.
Taboo - Forbidden Fruit in Flandre's tree has a typ-o. Currently it says "bosts" rather than "boosts." Don't recall reading this here so if it was mentioned or you already found this yourself i apologize for the needless nitpickery. ^^

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #740 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
Yes, rabbits everywhere in Eientei :D

Marisa is a Fairy Touhouword. You aren't allowed to make them in their own class specific items. The other rules for runewords are the same.

Every typo needs to be weeded out. I think I saw that one before and probably forgot to fix it.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #741 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
You aren't allowed to make them in their own class specific items.
WHAT NO D:

So is it for non-class specific items only huh.. There goes my making Marisa's broom theory. :/ Guess I'll have to find an overall since that's the only thing I cannot find class specific for fairy..

Edit :
Wait.. I just thought about it. Why is it that Sakuya is on the Barb class instead of the Assassin class? She can dual wield too.

Edit 2 :
The hats for Fairys.. Does it max out at 3 slots? I don't want to waste a fourth jewel if they can't have more than three. I don't know the maximum number of slots for items. It's a Rare Witch's Hat [X] (Spirit Veil <- pretty cool name)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:38:16 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #742 on: December 22, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
Double Throw. And Kamen no Maid Guy.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #743 on: December 22, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
Again with the telling me about things that I forgot to get earlier. Never got around to watching that anime. Looks hilarious.

Anyway, solved my dilemma experimenting with jewels. Apparently hats can have 4 sockets. I dare not try to cube more, for I might break the game. *Has experience doing that with jewels that gave +sockets*

« Reply #744 on: December 22, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
I recently started a Komachi type warlock and noticed what may be a bug.
If you attempt to attack a target with her reap attack but get interrupted (by getting hit I believe) the animation (coins rotating outwards in a spiral) will play but does no damage, it also doesn't cost you any mana nor put the skill on cooldown.
I'd also like to know if it's possible to get reap to zero cooldown, as that would be pretty cool :D
This isn't a very clever signature...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #745 on: December 22, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »
The animation playing when your attack gets interrupted is probably an engine limitation. It's happened to me with Meiling's Mountain Breaker a lot. It doesn't cost you anything, so I consider it negligible.

The cooldown goes by dimishing returns and has a minimum. You won't be able to get it down to zero.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #746 on: December 22, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Did you program the loss of gold on death to be EVERYTHING you have on you if your stash is full? Or is that vanilla? Just burned 600 grand which seems a bit more expensive than my last death being at a mere 180k or so. Thing is.. that death cost some of the gold out of my stash, and it definitely wasn't from repairs because I was in act 3 and only went to Ormus.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #747 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »
That's the same death cost as vanilla. I haven't touched it and don't need to.

« Reply #748 on: December 22, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »
Figured it might be an engine limitation, I've seen similar problems in other games as well.
Certainly isn't a big deal unless the particles make you lag or something.
This isn't a very clever signature...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #749 on: December 22, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
Finaly satisfied with the alignment of Master Spark's new animation. It's still awkward at times, but I doubt people will notice anyway :V

Enemies will be getting some proc effects. A rough idea of what they do, here's the skill names:

Debuffstats
Debuffpoints
Debuffregen
Debuffresists
Debuffgrind
Debuffspeeds

Some basic testing where i got hit by all 6 of these shows awesome fun times. The debuffs also can't be dispelled by any means except via a lesser version of the same debuff being reapplied :V