Author Topic: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Sign-ups closed to new entrants)  (Read 69228 times)

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
Re: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Updated with new sign-up rules)
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
Hmmm, yeah it's a combat style of 'defend and overwhelmingly-counterattack'.

But looking at the similarities, it's a modified combination of Meiling's and Cirno's, except you replace ice with glass.

Also, a Kirin....unicorn with lightning summon?

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »
I've read that they are associated with fire.

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
Reserve a spot for meee!!
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

GuardianTempest

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
I'm getting excited for this, I can't wait to HOLD DA LINE!

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »
Hold da line?

Ofc I'm excited. I've been so since I read the first post.

HOPEFULLY I'LL FINISH THE DESIGN TODAY.

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
I might consider changing my char to a fairy. Hm, I wonder...

EDIT: Screw that, I forgot I wanted my fairy to have a power already.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:46:16 AM by Crow Cakes »

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

GuardianTempest

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »
It's something from CnC GeneralsZH, you wouldn't know. But I just love that hammy Strat. Center sound.
"BOMBARDMENT"
"HOLD THE LINE"
"SEARCH AND DESTROY"

And Crow, stck with the plan. Who knows...

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »
"SEARCH AND DESTROY."

Oh, I still love this after eight years of not playing it.

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

GuardianTempest

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Trust me, the mods are now what keeps the game alive. (Shockwave and RotR for balance; Contra and Remix for Multiplayer-emphasis; I forgot the others)

In fact I was planning on shoe-horning Kassad in here with his damn handsome-sexiness(or whatever area available).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:57:35 AM by GuardianTempest »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
Hmmm, yeah it's a combat style of 'defend and overwhelmingly-counterattack'.

But looking at the similarities, it's a modified combination of Meiling's and Cirno's, except you replace ice with glass.

Also, a Kirin....unicorn with lightning summon?

I SHALL BE MALE. YES. MALE I SHALL BE. If rejected, I'm just going to stuff in one of my old sign-ups.

STOP MH3RDING. I'M CALLING JINOUGA. AND AMATSU. ALSO TOO LAZY TO MAKE MASSIVE SIGN-UP. Must... make... love with Mima... Still awaiting for Dormio. On TS. And for people to come and play dots.
-

Name: Eien No Ion, Arasoi Haretsu
              ^ Title                  ^Name

Youkai Type: Amatsumagatsuchi Jinouga, 牙竜種 (kiba ryu shu)

Touhou character: Katelin Elntila SoulReaver Mima

Appearance: You cannot grasp the true form of Arasoi! His face is relatively human, besides for s yellow, jagged horn atop his forehead. Two other horns on the side of his head, above his temples run to the front for quite a length. He has teeth which resemble Rumia, but can be retracted at will to become normal teeth. With a dark yellow lower jaw and spikes protruding on them, he looks quite evil. His eyes are unique in a way that when he's angry, his eyes will flare gold and black, but in a passive state, he only has gold pupils surrounded by white.

He has a row of jagged, yellow spikes on his shoulders down to his forearms, with two additional rows flowing from his neck down to his waist. His clothes are specifically designed to have holes for these spikes, and are weighed. His shirt has a red cross, surrounded by a gold pentagram, and the rest is teal-greenish, up to his elbows. He wears two long gauntlets, both scale-like and teal, along with fingerless gloves. His pants are plain, long tealish pants which resemble Rinnosuke's. They're also scale-plated. His fingers are actually scaled, teal claws, tipped golden. Sharp and deadly,

Personality:  Arasoi is quite an enigmatic person, not really willing to talk much, or reveal much, unless you probe him enough, or get her mad, as he doesn't really think before he does things. However, at times when she does think, he thinks for a really long time, and the plans he can formulate after that train of thought are really, quite spectacular. If anyone is suited for the role of "mastermind" it's Arasoi, and he often has a great deal of insight and understanding about whatever happens in the world, and possesses considerable intellectual prowess, as well.

Arasoi usually doesn't abuse his power, and overestimates opponents, however, after finding them, weaker then he would expect, he has a tendency to toy with his opponents rather than use his full power from the that moment. If his opponent matches his skill, he will use her full power, even though it's not alot. Though he seems flaky and unreliable most of the time, when the safety or security of any being, is at stake, he won't hesitate to get involved, even if it means using others to do the work for him. He could easily be either a villain or a hero, depending on his whims too. Being as strong as a Diva is good.

Stats:  -Intelligence: 3  -Danmaku Prowess: 1337  -Strength: 5  -Agility: 5  -Stamina: 3

Background: Born as a Youkai, within the sacred land of Makai. He ventured Makai, exploring all parts of it's forsaken realm, and training himself on Demons. Since the Hakurei never did monitor whatever happened in Makai, Arasoi almost abandoned Danmaku, and used his strength and combat skill to his advantage. Only losing to Yuuka, his ability has increased over the range of even where Divas can go.

Soon after the release of Byakuren, Arasoi could now venture out into Gensokyo...

Other:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:27:40 AM by Youkai Jesus »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
KAT I'M GOING TO BOMB YOUR HOUSE.
FUCK YOU MY MIMA, I ALREADY TOLD SQUAWKERS MIMA WAS MINE. BACK OFF RAWR
/vicious

GuardianTempest

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »
Nice sarcasm, too bad I'm General-izing.

"Don't werry Generul, the woarheads are on their wei." ~General Tao (with Chinese Engrish)

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
YJ, which Touhou do you main in DoTS?

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »
MAKE A KIRINNNNNNNNNNNN

Funnily enough, I did think about that for a while. Always did like the Kirin cycle of cards from the Kamigawa block, even though I don't know much about the original mythos. But then I thought, "Naw, unicorns are cooler." So I started working on a unicorn youkai partnered with Marisa.
Except I'd want to do something with her horn, as the touch of a unicorn's has a wide variety of powers, depending on the story. But as 'abilites' are a no-no in the game here, and I didn't want to play a gimped unicorn, I made this one instead:

Name: Minako Honjou (Silver feathers Dancing in the Wind)
Youkai-type: Pegasus youkai
Touhou: Shou Toramaru
Appearance: Long white hair, almost always worn in a ponytail. Has a tail, with gold streaks in it. Two white wings with silver-tipped feathers. Eyes the color of opal.
Personality: Carries herself with a quiet confidence. Smarter than she lets on, she prefers to solve problems by hitting them rather than thinking about them, because it's more fun that way. Adell don't have that monopolized, after all. Fiercely loyal to her friends and loved ones, but loves to have a friendly scrap with them as much as she does does going for a drink with. Considers winged Tengu her natural rivals.

Intelligence: 4
Danmaku: 2
Strength: 3
Agility: 5
Stamina: 3

Background: Young even for a pegasus, she hasn't been around long, and flying for even less. She has been flying long enough, however, to run afoul of a pair of tengu when flying near youkai mountain, and to recognize the poistive enery surrounding the new Myoren Temple, which is why she build her roost not too far away from there.
Other: (Once she begins her training) Has a talent for polearm weapons, starting with a simple staff, and a desire and talent for first aid and medicine.

Now, more questions.
Do we get to develop our own spellcards, or do we even get them at all?
Does this game use the 10 desires characters?
Do object/animal-turned-youkai possess the ability to return to the form they were born/created in?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
YJ, which Touhou do you main in DoTS?

NOBODY.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
KAT I'M GOING TO BOMB YOUR HOUSE.
FUCK YOU MY MIMA, I ALREADY TOLD SQUAWKERS MIMA WAS MINE. BACK OFF RAWR
/vicious

SORRY BUT THIS IS ON A FIRST-SIGN-UP FIRST-SERVE BASIS. WRRRRRRY.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
Reserve a spot for meee!!

Okay.

I SHALL BE MALE. YES. MALE I SHALL BE. If rejected, I'm just going to stuff in one of my old sign-ups.

STOP MH3RDING. I'M CALLING JINOUGA. AND AMATSU. ALSO TOO LAZY TO MAKE MASSIVE SIGN-UP. Must... make... love with Mima... Still awaiting for Dormio. On TS. And for people to come and play dots.
-

Name: Eien No Ion, Arasoi Haretsu
              ^ Title                  ^Name

Youkai Type: Amatsumagatsuchi Jinouga, 牙竜種 (kiba ryu shu)

Touhou character: Katelin Elntila SoulReaver Mima

Appearance: You cannot grasp the true form of Arasoi! His face is relatively human, besides for s yellow, jagged horn atop his forehead. Two other horns on the side of his head, above his temples run to the front for quite a length. He has teeth which resemble Rumia, but can be retracted at will to become normal teeth. With a dark yellow lower jaw and spikes protruding on them, he looks quite evil. His eyes are unique in a way that when he's angry, his eyes will flare gold and black, but in a passive state, he only has gold pupils surrounded by white.

He has a row of jagged, yellow spikes on his shoulders down to his forearms, with two additional rows flowing from his neck down to his waist. His clothes are specifically designed to have holes for these spikes, and are weighed. His shirt has a red cross, surrounded by a gold pentagram, and the rest is teal-greenish, up to his elbows. He wears two long gauntlets, both scale-like and teal, along with fingerless gloves. His pants are plain, long tealish pants which resemble Rinnosuke's. They're also scale-plated. His fingers are actually scaled, teal claws, tipped golden. Sharp and deadly,

Personality:  Arasoi is quite an enigmatic person, not really willing to talk much, or reveal much, unless you probe him enough, or get her mad, as he doesn't really think before he does things. However, at times when she does think, he thinks for a really long time, and the plans he can formulate after that train of thought are really, quite spectacular. If anyone is suited for the role of "mastermind" it's Arasoi, and he often has a great deal of insight and understanding about whatever happens in the world, and possesses considerable intellectual prowess, as well. After living for such a long time, he has lost track of her age, and just says it as "Infinite", he can actually die, by the sword or magic, or poor living conditions, just like how a mortal would. But, he has been able to take care of herself over the past few, god knows how long. Currently, after getting intelligence and wisdom from the ages he has lived through.

Arasoi usually doesn't abuse his power, and overestimates opponents, however, after finding them, weaker then he would expect, he has a tendency to toy with his opponents rather than use his full power from the that moment. If his opponent matches his skill, he will use her full power, even though it's not alot. Though she seems flaky and unreliable most of the time, when the safety or security of any being, is at stake, he won't hesitate to get involved, even if it means using others to do the work for him. He could easily be either a villain or a hero, depending on his whims too. Being as strong as a Diva is good.

Stats:  -Intelligence: 4  -Danmaku Prowess: 1337  -Strength: 5  -Agility: 5  -Stamina: 3

Background: A rare, sealed-up youkai trapped within Makai. Along with the unsealed Byakuren, Arasoi managed to sneak his way out due to Byakuren's prison being right beside his. Arasoi was sealed as one of Byakuren's followers. One that was basically "The Guardian" of her temple. When the humans came to burn her temple and throw Byakuren into Makai, only he was the wall that defended that great fortress. Before all the others came out, that is... The first to defend and the first to fall. Being banished into Makai after an honorable battle, although being stopped by Byakuren many times. He wasn't allowed to kill anyone, or so she said.

And he did as told, sparing the life of the barrage of people that charged towards him. How he got defeated would be a mystery. The humans had torches, swords and such, but they could not pierce through Arasoi's skin...

After Arasoi was freed, he ventured Makai, exploring all parts of it's forsaken realm, and training himself on Demons. Since the Hakurei never did monitor whatever happened in Makai, Arasoi almost abandoned Danmaku, and used his strength and combat skill to his advantage. Only losing to Yuuka, his ability has increased over the range of even where Divas can go.

Other:

While I would normally chide you for making a male, the bigger problem here is that this guy has way, way too much backstory. The background bit was really only for youkai who transformed into Youkai, but most of the players will start off with their Youkai being born.

Name: Minako Honjou (Silver feathers Dancing in the Wind)
Youkai-type: Pegasus youkai
Touhou: Shou Toramaru
Appearance: Long white hair, almost always worn in a ponytail. Has a tail, with gold streaks in it. Two white wings with silver-tipped feathers. Eyes the color of opal.
Personality: Carries herself with a quiet confidence. Smarter than she lets on, she prefers to solve problems by hitting them rather than thinking about them, because it's more fun that way. Adell don't have that monopolized, after all. Fiercely loyal to her friends and loved ones, but loves to have a friendly scrap with them as much as she does does going for a drink with. Considers winged Tengu her natural rivals.

Intelligence: 4
Danmaku: 2
Strength: 3
Agility: 5
Stamina: 3

Background: Young even for a pegasus, she hasn't been around long, and flying for even less. She has been flying long enough, however, to run afoul of a pair of tengu when flying near youkai mountain, and to recognize the poistive enery surrounding the new Myoren Temple, which is why she build her roost not too far away from there.
Other: (Once she begins her training) Has a talent for polearm weapons, starting with a simple staff, and a desire and talent for first aid and medicine.

Now, more questions.
Do we get to develop our own spellcards, or do we even get them at all?
Does this game use the 10 desires characters?
Do object/animal-turned-youkai possess the ability to return to the form they were born/created in?

Accepted! The bit with flying around may be a tad bit shorter in the RP, but otherwise this is fine.

I'm still on the ropes about that, but right now the OCs probably will not create Spellcards.
No. As I haven't played Ten Desries yet, I've tried to avoid any spoilers on that game. I know a bit, but not enough to have the characters in here without that leading to spoilers.
Probably not. I may change my mind about this, but I'm fairly certain the only Youkai we've seen revert to animal form was Rin, and I'm pretty sure it works differently for her.

And, YJ is right, the first person to be accepted with a Touhou character will get that character. Now, YJ has to do a different one, but if her next one has Mima and is excepted, and she posts it before you do, you're out of luck, Sonae. Sorry.

GuardianTempest

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »
So, when do we start? (apparently I missed something)

And second, for future reference, might it be fine for you to link the character list in the OP to their respective posts?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
EDITTED SIGN-UP. ACCEPT ME NAO. I MUST HAVE MIMA.

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2011, 12:52:57 PM »
stupid forum, stupid me... I just deleted my character description by accident, gdi >:(

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
Name: Huang Mikan (黄密砍) [Huang being her surname, just letting you non-Asians know! In Asia, last names go first!]

Youkai type: Human-type Youkai(Think Meiling! Yes, I envision her to be the same type of Youkai as Meiling)(Much thanks Tempest!)

Touhou character: Flandre Scarlet (Uuu~!)

Appearance: Mikan has long, flowing black hair reaching all the way to her chest should it be hanging in front of her face and, speaking of which, her chest size is normal, unlike her counterpart. As for her height, she stands at 160cm, nothing far too spectacular. At the beginning, she starts off in the generic meido maid outfit that can be seen on Sakuya. Later on, as she escapes the Scarlet Devil Mansion, she steals some of Meiling's clothing, fortunately finding an older pair that suits her, although slightly baggy. Along with that set of clothes, she found one of Meiling's hair ribbons, which she promptly used to tie her locks, creating a short little bundle of hair that neatly hangs from her shoulder, or at her back. She looks nothing like Meiling - but still hawt - so DO NOT EVER MIX HER AND MEILING UP, EVER, OR I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, JAOOOOOO!

Personality: She has a very calm disposition, rarely getting worried or frustrated. However, getting her mad will push her to limits wherein she will solve the problem to the best of her ability, a hyperdrive mode of sorts. So if you get on her bad side, you had better make sure you can fend her off. Note that this can also apply to determination, thereby making her an efficient worker under pressure. Either way, pissing her off is something hard to do since she is calm by nature. Otherwise, she is generally submissive to authority, namely, Flandre, Patchouli, Remilia and Sakuya, but note that Flandre is a special case in that when she does something stupid Mikan knows. She is caring of her charge, Flandre, even though she has not been here too long. Mikan is friendly to everyone she meets, however this is not to be mixed up with naivety. She knows where to draw the line, and maintains it well.

Stats: 12
-Intelligence: 1+3=4
-Danmaku Prowess: 1+2=3
-Strength: 1+2=3
-Agility: 1+4=5
-Stamina: 1+1=2

Background: Wherever she came from, she was found Remilia during one of her walks.

~PROPOSED STORYLINE FROM HERE~

From there on, she was trained to be a maid, to be groomed like Sakuya. However, since she seemed to possess greater intelligence in comparison to the fairy maids, she was chosen to take charge of Flandre. Fortunately, Mikan's calm disposition and motherly instincts to care made her perfect to take care of Flandre, both as a companion and as a maid. It took an incredibly short time for them to become close. A short time later, the Scarlet Devil Mansion received news of the two missing barrier maidens, and that was when Flandre hatched her plan to take a little trip to the world outside the Scarlet Devil Mansion. After all, she was both curious about these "incidents" she had been hearing so much about as well as the world itself. Mikan, not truly knowing the threat that Flandre posed having never been told since it is not the best of ideas to scare away potential, agreed to her plan, only ever worrying about how Remilia would feel. Otherwise, she was convinced that Flandre would be safe, and she would be able to bring her home somehow. In actuality, she should have been worried about whether other people would be safe.

Other:
Please don't take the Meiling thing as a joke. Don't mix her up with Meiling, because they don't even look alike and it will get irritating >_>".
But yes, you may feel free to translate Mikan's name in Japanese if your character only sees it on paper somehow. Kurenai Misuzu~!

Uuu!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:49:42 PM by XinXin »
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:33 PM »
Ooh, so many characters popping up, this is getting exciting.... I was going to say something about the stat points but it slipped my mind, that intelligence of 1 will be sitting just right with me it seems :V
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

GuardianTempest

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:32 PM »
You can call Huang a 'Human-type Youkai'.

I'm off to bed as I plan off how to make my usage of ability seem like a complete amateur, or maybe through experience with her former owner....and possibly the cliche'd Human+Youkai Bandit Squad...I just don't know.

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
The Feng Shui of this post has reached CRITICAL LEVELS
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:32:49 AM by Sonae »

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
  • Must not use military vehicles to ?Squish? things.
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
so correct me If I'm wrong but it looks like the plan will go like this.
1. wander around
2. change into youkai
3. meet partner
4. train/ learn
5. find each other
6. ADVENTURE!
sorry I'm in an analyzing mode now...
There are 2 items I believe can solve any problem
1. The Doctor's sonic screw driver
2. Marisa's 8 trigrams reactor

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
I don't know if there will be much wandering around pre-youkai. As I understand it your first post will detail your transformation, followed by squawks bringing in your partner.

EDIT:
stupid forum, stupid me... I just deleted my character description by accident, gdi >:(
This is why you should be geeky enough to write it down in a text document   :justasplanned:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:25:28 PM by Marokuu »
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2011, 07:30:02 PM »
added 2 points to my fairies states since most people had 17 and i had 15
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »
Okay, think I've got a basic stat spread for the three types I might pick, using a similar convention as League of Legends for their general roles if a fight were to break out.

Stats: Tengu(Speed, Ranged, Assassin)

INT: 1+1(2)
DAN: 1+4(5)
STR: 1+1(2)
AGI: 1+4(5)
STA: 1+2(3)

Stats: Oni(Melee, Tank)

INT: 1+1(2)
DAN: 1+1(2)
STR: 1+4(5)
AGI: 1+2(3)
STA: 1+4(5)

Stats: Devil(Caster, Nuke, Ranged, Tank)

INT: 1+4(5)
DAN: 1+4(5)
STR: 1(Unchanged)
AGI: 1+1(2)
STA: 1+3(4)

Fun Fact: I ended up statting the Devil out as I was writing this post.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Go wit teh Oni.
Great parties will ensue

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:15 PM »
I've been strongly considering that meself, seeing as how she'd essentially play like a genderbent version of F/SN!Lancer.
Brawler, has the general Oni Code of Morals(which amusingly enough, is not too different from my own.), and so on.
I'd just have to figure out a name, and avoid her falling into a few tropes I don't want her falling into.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure