Author Topic: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Sign-ups closed to new entrants)  (Read 69232 times)

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Re: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Updated with new sign-up rules)
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
I'll agree that the oni seems fun but... how do you make an oni without a backstory/newly formed?
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »
Newly born Oni?

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
Well, since the first post is supposed to be about the character waking up for the first time or something like that... I mean it works with youkai that are aspects of things, spirits, newly turned animals... but oni exist as a species, I'd assume that they don't just pop out of sake bottles... the same would go for satori tbh...

I guess these could just be chalked up as freak cases or something, I'm too tired right now to think about it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:00:26 AM by Marokuu »

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2011, 10:02:35 PM »
Paradox.

BEst answer.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
So, when do we start? (apparently I missed something)

And second, for future reference, might it be fine for you to link the character list in the OP to their respective posts?

Well, it's gotten a lot more interest than I ever expected. My best bet is either tomorrow, or some time this weekend.

As far as linking goes... eh, I guess I might, if I feel like it. I mean, come on, it's :effort: :P

EDITTED SIGN-UP. ACCEPT ME NAO. I MUST HAVE MIMA.

While I appreciate the background editing, it has been brought to my attention that this type of Youkai is a dragon. You may remember, I personally crossed out dragon on the list Sonae proffered. As such, I would appreciate it if you would post that other profile you mentioned. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is the best way to handle this in my opinion.

The dispute about Mima has also been brought to my attention. If not for the fact that she edited the post that contained it, you would know that Sonae had already stated her claim to Mima, so I do not hold that against either of you. Now, Sonae has posted her sign-up, which includes Mima. I'm going to assume that your other sign-up also includes Mima. Now, to just give it to Sonae would be unfair, as you did post yours first, as I am asking you to use a different sign-up. On the other hand, to just let you have Mima would be unfair to her, as she does have the proper sign-up, and she did state her claim at an earlier date. As such, I request that either the two of you settle this yourselves (in a civil manner, please) or let me take over. As you are both my friends, I will try to be as objective as possible. Now, of course, if your other sign-up does not include Mima, this is not a problem. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

stupid forum, stupid me... I just deleted my character description by accident, gdi >:(

That's why you save it in a document first :V

Name: Huang Mikan (黄密砍) [Huang being her surname, just letting you non-Asians know! In Asia, last names go first!]

Youkai type: Human-type Youkai(Think Meiling! Yes, I envision her to be the same type of Youkai as Meiling)(Much thanks Tempest!)

Touhou character: Flandre Scarlet (Uuu~!)

Appearance: Mikan has long, flowing black hair reaching all the way to her chest should it be hanging in front of her face and, speaking of which, her chest size is normal, unlike her counterpart. As for her height, she stands at 160cm, nothing far too spectacular. At the beginning, she starts off in the generic meido maid outfit that can be seen on Sakuya. Later on, as she escapes the Scarlet Devil Mansion, she steals some of Meiling's clothing, fortunately finding an older pair that suits her, although slightly baggy. Along with that set of clothes, she found one of Meiling's hair ribbons, which she promptly used to tie her locks, creating a short little bundle of hair that neatly hangs from her shoulder, or at her back. She looks nothing like Meiling - but still hawt - so DO NOT EVER MIX HER AND MEILING UP, EVER, OR I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, JAOOOOOO!

Personality: She has a very calm disposition, rarely getting worried or frustrated. However, getting her mad will push her to limits wherein she will solve the problem to the best of her ability, a hyperdrive mode of sorts. So if you get on her bad side, you had better make sure you can fend her off. Note that this can also apply to determination, thereby making her an efficient worker under pressure. Either way, pissing her off is something hard to do since she is calm by nature. Otherwise, she is generally submissive to authority, namely, Flandre, Patchouli, Remilia and Sakuya, but note that Flandre is a special case in that when she does something stupid Mikan knows. She is caring of her charge, Flandre, even though she has not been here too long. Mikan is friendly to everyone she meets, however this is not to be mixed up with naivety. She knows where to draw the line, and maintains it well.

Stats: 12
-Intelligence: 1+3=4
-Danmaku Prowess: 1+2=3
-Strength: 1+2=3
-Agility: 1+4=5
-Stamina: 1+1=2

Background: Wherever she came from, she was found Remilia during one of her walks.

~PROPOSED STORYLINE FROM HERE~

From there on, she was trained to be a maid, to be groomed like Sakuya. However, since she seemed to possess greater intelligence in comparison to the fairy maids, she was chosen to take charge of Flandre. Fortunately, Mikan's calm disposition and motherly instincts to care made her perfect to take care of Flandre, both as a companion and as a maid. It took an incredibly short time for them to become close. A short time later, the Scarlet Devil Mansion received news of the two missing barrier maidens, and that was when Flandre hatched her plan to take a little trip to the world outside the Scarlet Devil Mansion. After all, she was both curious about these "incidents" she had been hearing so much about as well as the world itself. Mikan, not truly knowing the threat that Flandre posed having never been told since it is not the best of ideas to scare away potential, agreed to her plan, only ever worrying about how Remilia would feel. Otherwise, she was convinced that Flandre would be safe, and she would be able to bring her home somehow. In actuality, she should have been worried about whether other people would be safe.

Other:
Please don't take the Meiling thing as a joke. Don't mix her up with Meiling, because they don't even look alike and it will get irritating >_>".
But yes, you may feel free to translate Mikan's name in Japanese if your character only sees it on paper somehow. Kurenai Misuzu~!

Uuu!

Accepted! Good to finally have somebody from the SDM.

I'll shoot someone if I don't get Mima.

Name: Sayuri
Youkai type: Spirit
Touhou character: Mima
Appearance: Short hair, Hitaikakushi. Dress with frilled ribbon. Ghostly tail. Will load image once it's finished
Personality: Fairy-like. Cheerful, Curious, Energetic, Playful, Innocent. She's unaware of what she is, and thus, doesn't act much like one.
Stats:
-Intelligence: 3
-Danmaku Prowess: 5
-Strength: 1
-Agility: 5
-Stamina: 3
Background: She's a newborn. Doesn't have one yet.
Other: Being a Spirit, she has the natural ability of being able to pass through objects. She can also understand her fellow spirits

Putting this on hold until the Mima dispute is settled.

so correct me If I'm wrong but it looks like the plan will go like this.
1. wander around
2. change into youkai
3. meet partner
4. train/ learn
5. find each other
6. ADVENTURE!
sorry I'm in an analyzing mode now...

Eh, not much of step one, step two happens first, and stuff may happen between your step 2 and step 3. Also, 4 and 5 may happen together.

added 2 points to my fairies states since most people had 17 and i had 15

Fair enough. I'll have a look at it.

Well, since the first post is supposed to be about the character waking up for the first time or something like that... I mean it works with youkai that are aspects of things, spirits, newly turned animals... but oni exist as a species, I'd assume that the don't just pop out of sake bottles... the same would go for satori tbh...

I guess these could just be chalked up as freak cases or something, I'm too tired right now to think about it.

Paradox.

Best answer.

^This. That, or um... Eh, I'll figure out a way to make it work. Like make her grow very quickly throughout the RP or something. Or, Hanzo could make a young Oni. It would be more convenient if you went with something else, but don't let that stop you.

GuardianTempest

« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2011, 10:22:57 PM »
You can pull off a Gong the Hawkeye and say you're an oni who just revealed himself/herself after dormancy.

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »
That wouuld mean that Hanzo's oni should be doing nothing of interest before appearing, right?

Just to clarify, I'm starting at Chireiden? Near the Palace of Earth Spirits?

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
That wouuld mean that Hanzo's oni should be doing nothing of interest before appearing, right?

Just to clarify, I'm starting at Chireiden? Near the Palace of Earth Spirits?

Yes, and yes. I thought Chireiden was just the official name of the Underground City?

« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
The Ancient City is pretty much it's name. Like the Human village is called the Human Village

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2011, 10:51:11 PM »
Yes, and yes. I thought Chireiden was just the official name of the Underground City?
東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism (romanized: Touhou Chireiden, lit. Eastern Palace of the Earth Spirits)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Hmm...like say, she was just plain out cold due to not getting any booze?
Y'know, like how in this one tabletop rpg, vampires go into something called torpor when they don't get any blood.
(That's my interpretation of why Oni are always drinking, they downright need it to keep going, otherwise they pass out for who knows how long. At least, until they get more booze that is.)

And it just so happens that a minor earthquake manages to knock a jar of booze down onto her, where it then shatters, due to her harder-than-hard head, allowing the booze to get into her system via traces through the skin, as well as some ending up in her mouth. (talking from experience here man, I've had water balloons busted over my head, so I know how that sorta thing works.)
And then she wakes up and tries to go on a crazy adventure to get more booze pronto before she zonks out again.
Luckily, finding Yuugi or somesuch shortly before passing out in mid-brawl.
Yeah, the idea is that she finds Yuugi or Suika, ends up getting into a hasty brawl with 'em due to really needing booze(Yuugi for a quick drink, or Suika for the gourd itself.), and ends up zonking out again mid-fight, but keeping her stance like a real fighter, even despite that.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
Hmm...like say, she was just plain out cold due to not getting any booze?
Y'know, like how in this one tabletop rpg, vampires go into something called torpor when they don't get any blood.
(That's my interpretation of why Oni are always drinking, they downright need it to keep going, otherwise they pass out for who knows how long. At least, until they get more booze that is.)

And it just so happens that a minor earthquake manages to knock a jar of booze down onto her, where it then shatters, due to her harder-than-hard head, allowing the booze to get into her system via traces through the skin, as well as some ending up in her mouth. (talking from experience here man, I've had water balloons busted over my head, so I know how that sorta thing works.)
And then she wakes up and tries to go on a crazy adventure to get more booze pronto before she zonks out again.
Luckily, finding Yuugi or somesuch shortly before passing out in mid-brawl.
Yeah, the idea is that she finds Yuugi or Suika, ends up getting into a hasty brawl with 'em due to really needing booze(Yuugi for a quick drink, or Suika for the gourd itself.), and ends up zonking out again mid-fight, but keeping her stance like a real fighter, even despite that.

The only problem is, you really can't have much of a backstory at all. Like, a week before the RP timeline starts at most. If you can handle that, go for it.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »
Sorry for the double post. It has been brought to my attention that YJ's character is not a dragon, but a thunder wolf. However, he has one more stat point than he should, so you'll need to fix that. Once that and the Mima issue are settled, you'll both be accepted, and we'll only have GermanFlowerYoukai and Hanzo left. As such, sign-ups are now locked unless any of our reserved players drop out. Sorry, but fourteen is a LOT of players.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Sign-ups closed to new entrants)
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
Understandable.
My only real stumbling point would be the short amount of time to work with.
I guess I could play teh Devil instead, and play like a snarky 4th Wall Observer.
Afterall, 5 INT's gotta count for something here.

I'm thinking a blend of Archer, Rin, and Caster, with shades of Neco-Arc.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
Note: it was pointed out to me that YJ's character had one stat point too many, so his Intelligence was dropped a point with her permission.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
So, the eventual solution that was reached is that Sonae would use Futo instead of Mima, which means that I have to spoil the game for myself, which I'm still a bit irritated about. I know I said there wouldn't be any TD characters, but this was the only solution I could find. By the way, anyone else who says "Oh does that mean I can use TD characters now? :derp:": don't try me :D

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2011, 02:04:49 AM »
Okay. I'm really tired right now. I haven't gotten my usual 12hours of sleep in a few days. So imma sleep and IT. WILL. BE. GREAT.

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2011, 03:04:39 AM »
Sonae, maybe you could use Yuyuko and save Squawkers from spoiling TD?

*Crow is shot

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2011, 03:09:28 AM »
Sonae, maybe you could use Yuyuko and save Squawkers from spoiling TD?

*Crow is shot

Dude, you have no idea how many times I tried to convince her to use Yuyuko instead. But nooooooo, it has to be an evil spirit.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2011, 04:07:46 AM »
Damn, would've liked to sign up. I'll keep this here in case.

Name: Suzutsuki
Youkai Type: Tsukumogami (Doll/Unique)
Mentor/Partner: Alice Margatroid

Appearance: Appears to be a young, teenage boy of about 14. Long black hair in the back, shorter around his head; usually braided. Dull grey eyes. Short and a bit skinny. Parts of him have been replaced by doll parts, most significantly his right arm and shoulder.

Personality: Mellow and softspoken. Generally has to be prodded for any sort of response. Does as he's told, but silently mulls over the actions of others in his mind. Once he decides on something, he's impossible to sway off the path. Strange disregard for his own life, but protects others obsessively.

Stats
-Danmaku: 1
-Strength: 4
-Agility: 4
-Stamina: 5

(Possible) Background: About a century ago, a set of large mannequins was lost down a ravine. The parts were smashed across the river floor; some were taken off by the current, while larger pieces sunk to the river bed and stayed there, unused and forgotten. The parts normally would have qualified to become a tsukumogami, but the scattered formation of them and their shattered forms prevented them from truly gaining sentience; instead they smoldered there, filled to the brim with unused magic. But when a young man fell into the ravine himself, the parts were given a vessel. By attaching themselves to the boy's corpse, they managed to create a single, intelligent being...albeit one who's nearly completely unique, as far as tsukumogami go. After wandering through the neighbouring Forest of Magic for god knows how long, he was taken in by a curious Alice Margatroid, who was interested in the prospect of another way to create an intelligent doll.

That's all that he knows, anyway.

Just PM me if the slot opens up, or otherwise use the character as you will. Glad to contribute in any case.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »
Dude, you have no idea how many times I tried to convince her to use Yuyuko instead. But nooooooo, it has to be an evil spirit.

Well, why not Yuka, or Medicine? Might not be ghosts, but they're every bit as evil. And spoiler-free.
Still can't believe there's actually competition for mima, of all people.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
Well, why not Yuka, or Medicine? Might not be ghosts, but they're every bit as evil. And spoiler-free.

Yuuka is Dorakyura's. And Mima for awesome badassery and sexyness

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 07:14:18 AM »
Hey, Squawky, do I necessarily have to start out as becoming youkai or can I start out at SDM? Perhaps if the details of transformation are necessary, I'll be willing to do a flashback. After all, I'd prefer Flandre and Mikan have more prior interaction so I can jumpstart my RP well. If not, I don't mind starting out being found by Remilia. It doesn't affect me far too much to the point that I'll protest XD.
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2011, 07:26:28 AM »
Ooh, my fingers are starting to itch with desire to get this started, if the first post was made during the weekend I could get of to a great start despite the fact that I just got an annoying school assignment.

GuardianTempest

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
If you want REAL evil try the Saigyou Ayakashi...but you have to get through Yuyuko though, maybe along the lines of:
Every now and then, during his/her spare time as Yuyuko and Youmu isn't looking, __________ seeks to the dead structure known as the cursed cherry tree, the Saigyou Ayakashi. He/She forms a small conversation and settles an agreement: Meet up regularly, avoiding detection by the two as they discuss plans. Bonus points if the tree turns into a Loli.

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »
Saigyou Ayakashi wants MOAR BLOOODDD. :barf:
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

GuardianTempest

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
And? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD TREE!!!

DoW references aside, that should be ideal to the likes of whomever.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
Damn, would've liked to sign up. I'll keep this here in case.

Name: Suzutsuki
Youkai Type: Tsukumogami (Doll/Unique)
Mentor/Partner: Alice Margatroid

Appearance: Appears to be a young, teenage boy of about 14. Long black hair in the back, shorter around his head; usually braided. Dull grey eyes. Short and a bit skinny. Parts of him have been replaced by doll parts, most significantly his right arm and shoulder.

Personality: Mellow and softspoken. Generally has to be prodded for any sort of response. Does as he's told, but silently mulls over the actions of others in his mind. Once he decides on something, he's impossible to sway off the path. Strange disregard for his own life, but protects others obsessively.

Stats
-Danmaku: 1
-Strength: 4
-Agility: 4
-Stamina: 5

(Possible) Background: About a century ago, a set of large mannequins was lost down a ravine. The parts were smashed across the river floor; some were taken off by the current, while larger pieces sunk to the river bed and stayed there, unused and forgotten. The parts normally would have qualified to become a tsukumogami, but the scattered formation of them and their shattered forms prevented them from truly gaining sentience; instead they smoldered there, filled to the brim with unused magic. But when a young man fell into the ravine himself, the parts were given a vessel. By attaching themselves to the boy's corpse, they managed to create a single, intelligent being...albeit one who's nearly completely unique, as far as tsukumogami go. After wandering through the neighbouring Forest of Magic for god knows how long, he was taken in by a curious Alice Margatroid, who was interested in the prospect of another way to create an intelligent doll.

That's all that he knows, anyway.

Just PM me if the slot opens up, or otherwise use the character as you will. Glad to contribute in any case.

Yeah, if anyone leaves before it starts, I'll let you know.

If you want REAL evil try the Saigyou Ayakashi...but you have to get through Yuyuko though, maybe along the lines of:

No no no, it has to be an evil spirit  ::). And I don't really see the Ayakashi working out well as a partner.

Hey, Squawky, do I necessarily have to start out as becoming youkai or can I start out at SDM? Perhaps if the details of transformation are necessary, I'll be willing to do a flashback. After all, I'd prefer Flandre and Mikan have more prior interaction so I can jumpstart my RP well. If not, I don't mind starting out being found by Remilia. It doesn't affect me far too much to the point that I'll protest XD.

It would be preferable if you started out with the transformation.

GuardianTempest

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 12:27:29 PM »
It can do telepathy....somehow, maybe due to some prophetic <swear word> which keeps it in flatline harmless. Besides, evil spirit or not, it's EVUL!! OR settle for a genderbent Don Simoun.

"My child, you have great potential. I have what you seek, we must discuss. I have been looking for...."

You know the routine, except of course it's only limited in the Netherlands world.

Really, it HAS to work. Or you could just extract the essence of evil from it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:34:49 PM by GuardianTempest »

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
Writing about first experience is going to be FUN. Although I can forsee future problems with Satori having to leave the underground.