Author Topic: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (Possibly dead?!)  (Read 103042 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: 東方百画志 ~ The Wish Under Celestial Star (1F BETA WHAT)
« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »
Spoilers don't ruin a game..But it definitely ruins the fun in waiting for a game in progress! Though the recent spoiler spamfest has boosted the post count yay. Maybe eventually this thread will need to be locked and get a version 2 >=P
that would be far more than I ever expected if that happens.

Maybe I'll have the proper demo out before that I better have the 2F demo out before that happens.

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
KGC has a pretty good encryptor. If I recall correctly. Haven't touched RMVX in a year or so. And yes, the default is fairly easily crackable. I'll be honest and say I've used tools easily found online to knock open some encrypted data before, just to see how things were done. Took me all of five minutes.

Anyways Garlyle, from what I recall, what you missed was the Characters tab in RMVX, and I think he was highlighting Rinnosuke. Either that or it was Sakuya. You said something about Sakuya's growth chart being incomplete, well this growth chart looked incomplete alright. The first ten or so levels were done, but the rest were still in the RMVX default curve (So there was an odd stair-like arrangement before it dropped off into the curve). The other one was the event map as Tewi up there said. It was a map of some library or so, which I'll assume Patchy has some hand in. It also has, as Tewi said, the locations of all the events. It doesn't have any of the event dialogs up though, so while anyone who caught a glimpse of it knew where they were, they didn't know what they were. I hope.

Still, it's a fascinating insight into the mind of a troll.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2010, 03:02:15 AM »
Honestly, the growth chart is all calculated by only the first three levels anyway - since I surpass level 99 maximum, I have to have a script calculate the base stats, and I do that using only three numbers per character.

As for the map:
Spoiler:
That is indeed the first half of 2F, if you were wondering.  Note that I said the first half!  So there's still surprises awaiting you

Either way, really kind of amused someone went through all the trouble, ultimately!  I guess if some stuff's been spoiled though, I've gotta work extra hard to keep the surprises!

« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2010, 05:20:54 AM »
Well I beat it and am kinda sad its over. In other news I'm pretty sure I used up all the luck I'll ever have in this game getting Fumikos Hat and Yamames Wyrm Blood one right after the other. >_>
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
*cracks whip* I think it's time we start heating up pokers and apply some real-life persuasion needles for some developers diary updates >=P.

Also, I noticed a topic in TARC that got me thinking. ZUN hats are often some kind of valuable item or piece of equipment in these fangames, but I think there is something even more valuable (and fun) to have in such a game which I have NOT seen. ZUN's trumpet! Clearly should be some kind of ultimate item of pwnage >=)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »
I wonder if there is going to be any other healers in the game. Right now you kind of have to hold on to Rinnosuke in order to venture far beyond a save point due to his first aid skill.

As for the other characters the only one's I really cared about from a game play perspective were Momiji and Kana, the former for being a decent tank and the later because she had the highest damage output. I wonder what the characters on level 2 are going to act like.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
Garlyle has a slight Wriggle obsession, I'm sure she'll be a good character too >=p. It's just probably not apparent currently since there are no bosses to poison at this point.

I'm pretty sure there will be more healers later on though. What I'm wondering about is how he'll do Kisume. I expect more than "bucket drop", "bucket dump", uhh "choked by bucket handle?" but I certainly wouldn't want the task of coming up with those ideas myself >=P. Plus is Kisume supposed to be physically fit? smart? wtf knows.

I guess people don't care so she can be wtf ever but still, I'd agonize over those details.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #337 on: November 27, 2010, 08:37:38 AM »
I would think of Kisume as a durable character since she has a bucket to protect her.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #338 on: November 27, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »
I would think of Kisume as a durable character since she has a bucket to protect her.
I didn't think of that, that's a good one.
A tank with the hide option =P

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #339 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »
ZUN's trumpet! Clearly should be some kind of ultimate item of pwnage >=)

ZUN's beer bottle. The ultimate item. Allows 50 health regen per turn plus immunity to all status effects at the cost of losing control of that character completely. Also has a 1% chance of using 'ZUN-zan', an attack where the character instantly slays the enemy with a single attack, then collapses, totally smashed.

Or something.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »
Garlyle has a slight Wriggle obsession, I'm sure she'll be a good character too >=p. It's just probably not apparent currently since there are no bosses to poison at this point.
Wriggle doesn't work with poison, that's Yamame's thing 8D

Also, if you've been wondering why there's been no news?  *Points to the National Novel Writing Month banner on his signature* It's taken up most of my time and -everything- else got put on hold, including this.

But I'll be back to working on this shortly.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2010, 11:01:54 PM »
I wonder are you working on level 3 a bit too. I wonder who will be on level 3. Too bad I didn't get to see that leaked info about the game but for all I know Garyle could have changed things around to surprise us again.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:40 AM »
I wonder is it a good time for me to ask about progress on the game? I liked playing it and still look forward to being able to play level 2.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
Given gar was busy last month for the writing month, and December was holiday month... I rekon he hasn't had much of a chance to do much at all. Plus I'm sure he wants to play with his comiket goodies for awhile.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:18:58 AM by Ghaleon »

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2011, 01:55:48 AM »
Does that mean its time for the whip and butcher knife again, Ghaleon? :V
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Given gar was busy last month for the writing month, and December was holiday month... I rekon he hasn't had much of a chance to do much at all. Plus I'm sure he wants to play with his comiket goodies for awhile.
I actually haven't seen anything come out at Comiket that I'm interested in.  Well, other than Lingering Summer Heat, but I'm going to wait on the translation to be done and don't really feel like getting caught up in the center of that mess again!

But yes, holiday month did some horrible things to my brain.  I'm getting back into the swing of things and have tentatively set my resolution to 'Get WuCS done by the end of the year, or at least one floor per month'.  Which is a fairly huge workload but I can manage.

Oh, I do need one thing though: Does anyone have the Cirno Bold font, by chance?  I have no idea when or where I might have discovered it by accident but I've been through a computer wipe at some point since 1F and I need it.

« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »
Oh, I do need one thing though: Does anyone have the Cirno Bold font, by chance?  I have no idea when or where I might have discovered it by accident but I've been through a computer wipe at some point since 1F and I need it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9hd5nbxsd5qc13a

Is this it?
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

« Reply #348 on: October 28, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
I really dislike committing a act of necromancy but... I have to ask as I really liked this and would like to know one way or another. Is this dead?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:34 AM »
dang. when I saw this thread under recently posted in I got excited. now my dreams are crushed into the dirt. nooo.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »
Yeah I was really excited to see an update on this only to find nothing. (maybe we can keep this up long enough to guilt the creator into working on the game again).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2011, 01:26:10 AM »
Nah he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, the moral damage is already irreparable.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
So I just finished reading the whole topic and god was my heart crushed when I reached the end, showing no sign of life, instead of regularly updated like at the start  :ohdear:

Well anyway, I figured I might as well give my opinion on the game, since I'm an RPG addict xD

First, the game itself was like a fresh breeze of air among rpgs, with stuff that i've rarely seen, such as the awesome defense system, the huge cast (I mean, 1F already beated many rpgs I saw in terms of character roster xD though i'll admit this IS Touhou, no wonders.) The spells are nice, each being more than ''lulz fire damage'' or stuff like that, giving characters actual usefulness. And the bosses. God I love how you included spellcards. It gives the boss a ''holy crap what is he going to throw at me now D:'' feeling at every phase, which is great considering most rpg's bosses are just the same damn fight that drags on for a long time, sometime with a ''last resort lulz prepare to die'' attack or something.

The music you chose was great by the way, I really enjoyed it. And I especially liked the touhoumon avatars for boss battles, being fond of that style, and also because  i know it will obviously reduce your job and thus, more updates xD

Now, I also loved the difficulties. Easy was a piece of cake, normal was challenging but not too much and well... the other difficulties were indeed hard xD I'm not too good in rpgs despite loving them and playing a lot (even though I MIRACULOUSLY completed Labyrinth of Touhou + plus disk. God- I mean Yukari must've helped me on that one or something.)

The storyline and character development + dialogues: absolutely awesome. I laughed, I D'awwed, It's just plain great. I actually can't wait for more updates to continue the story xD finally a rpg that isn't ''HEY LET'S SAVE THE WORLD FROM AN UNKNOWN THREAT 8D''.

The maps were fun to explore, a bit frustrating at the forest part (the whole thing, not just the maze xD), but that's what makes it fun  :D   

Sorry for giving such a long review, but this game was basically my dream :'D A Touhou rpg with a huge amount of character, each being unique and fun, with an actual storyline and fun gameplay? God yes. I know seeing the thread, it seems that it's mostly dead, maybe you even stopped working on it, and honestly, that's perfectly understandable; this rpg is a real challenge when you think about it, but I still want to tell you I enjoyed every part of the demo and that I will keep on checking regularly for updates! Even if they never come xD

Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:45:22 PM by kalen6666 »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »

This is an apology post.
For not having been around.

Also because despite what you're seeing here, that's NOT going to be in the game by the next demo because I decided recently that it fucked up game flow badly to do "that" sequence of events (of which you're seeing a minor sidestory of) right now, mostly because all the characters involved had a very similar elemental nature and I wanted to branch the party out.

Fortunately?

The areas I am now developping should be a lot simpler.  Hopefully.
(Yes that's a new portrait for Kana; Tewi has a new one too)

So consider this my official "Fuck hiatus I'm back" post.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »
B-but...That Kana you had before was freaking ADORABLE!  *head explodes*
Anyway, still glad to see you're back on this.  I'd completely given up hope for a while after that very intriguing demo since I hadn't seen anything for so long.  So...yay!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
She WAS adorable, but I also resolved to try to use as fitting of portraits as I could manage - meaning Alphes style whenever possible and trying to avoid certain... things that also bother me.  I'm actually in the process of replacing a couple others right now simply because I've been able to get my hands on better quality ones.

Because I'm not above going back and tweaking things until I'm happy with them, I guess.  It's probably a good thing, I guess.

Man I could practically make a list of things I have to do for 2F, it's so... straightforward.  What the hell is this, me.

EDIT: Hilarious things to discover: Yamame's real Hard/Lunatic version was never actually fought; you still fight her with Easy/Normal AI by accident.  Expect her to be harder if you start the demo from scratch on the next release.

DOUBLE EDIT: ...It's seriously been almost a year and a half since I last--THIS IS INEXCUSABLE ME D:<
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:47:10 PM by Garlyle »

Jq1790

« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »
So...About how lucky am I to have gotten the Wyrmblood Drops?  Supposedly I'm lucky according to the person who generated em, but I'm just wondering if it's "a bit lucky" like 20% or so, or if it's "Hey, you're pretty lucky to have that!" like ~5-10%.

I love how I had issues and was actually a ridiculous level(I think like 9-10?) the first go I did of this, but this time through my party wasn't even all Level 7 yet and I didn't have ANY real trouble.  (Yet when I tried before everyone had hit 6, the boss steamrolled me.) 

So, you said the stuff for 2f is straightforward...Any ideas on wen it'll be done?  Would be cool(But obviously not required) to have a demo for each floor as it gets built.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »
I don't think I ever got through the forest :/

« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »
Fuck. Yes.

I honestly never though this would come back.

Jq1790

« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
I don't think I ever got through the forest :/
You of ALL people should've been able to do that, shouldn't you?  C'mon, do it!  It'll be fun!  The later boss fight's pretty neat, so it's worth getting to.