Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 518144 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?

[moriya]Mod Note: Please do not use the term "loli" in regards to anyone in this game. Thanks![/moriya]

For tonight's Play,Doujin! Year-End Party stream, a new Twilight Frontier PC fighting game has been announced: Touhou Hyouibana (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/

Basic information
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:39:46 PM by Suwako Moriya »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
And then they'll make PS4-exclusive stuff again?

Well, I'm glad more is coming, I just hope the title doesn't mislead me in thinking a certain favorite character of mine will be in this time around.

(Also please no RNG come on it's not so hard Tasofro.)

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Uhhh...?!  :o

W-well...can't say I expected that announcement, but a very pleasant surprise nonetheless~! ^w^
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Never expected another fighter so fast, I'm so hyped for this!

cuc

ZUN kan't into Western philosophy.

Also Tasofro IP block watch: it's down again. Following the current pattern, we should expect it to go up when the demo is released.

I'm actually fine if Tasofro or their ISP (whoever's responsible) simply maintains a block using the usual blacklists that cover most of China, since large-scale hacker attacks launched from Chinese IPs are a legitimate problem. The scope of the block that also includes Southeast Asia, and now this dance are plain weird.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:24:17 AM by cuc »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
I was expecting them to fully commit to ULiL PS4 for a while.

Well, glad to hear about a new fighter!

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
How long did it take for us to learn what 14.5 is?  We can have an estimated time frame for this through that one.

EDIT: Is it really confirmed to be a new fighter?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
So weird for another fighting game to be announced like that. Not really complaining, though.

Hopefully Junko is playable.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
EDIT: Is it really confirmed to be a new fighter?

I don't think it's been confirmed yet whether it's fighter or not, but given the track record of Tasofro/ZUN collabs, it's a pretty safe bet by this point.  :V
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Hrusa

• /u/Hrusa
Time for another round of "Mima is coming back"

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
While I'm glad we're getting more, I wish it was a bullet hell spin-off instead of yet-another-Tasofro-fighter.

A new Phantasmagoria-style game would be nice, or something entirely new.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:03:04 PM by Flandre5carlet »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
I would sort of want to see a side-scroller shoot-'em-up from tasofro what use the movement/grazing style from the fighting games, but how good it would be in execution I don't know.

Wow really, this soon?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Ummmmm... wow.

It's been, what, 3 days since the release of ULiL on PS4? That's pretty cold of Tasofro to people who bought it.

game2011

• mineiptXD
Ummmmm... wow.

It's been, what, 3 days since the release of ULiL on PS4? That's pretty cold of Tasofro to people who bought it.
It probably won't come out until months later, so it's not a big deal.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
Well that was pretty fast. Any more faster like actual character reveals and an immediate demo and I'd think Tasofro is ready to jump ship right after ULiL on PS4. Still pretty cool to see, I really hope there'll be more people that'll approach this one.

Spoiler:
If anything ULiL PS4 pretty much confirmed this'll be a team fighter based on the ending of Reisen's Extra scenario.

Also I'm hearing rumours there'll be sexual themes in the story of this one so that sounds... Interesting.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
sup y'all, time for a crazy fan theory

Spoiler:
So let's assume this game is leading off the plot hook from ULiL, where people are getting teleported around and seemingly possessed at random.

First thought - teleportation? That's actually something we've seen before - namely, one of Komachi's specials in SWR/Soku.

To play into this theory more, note the game's title, and the mention of flowers. What was the plot of the game Komachi was introduced in again?

So my guess is that this has something to do with Higan/the dead. Maybe even another Phantasmagoria style game?

It probably won't come out until months later, so it's not a big deal.
In fact, it may motivate some players to actually buy the PS4 ULiL to experience the Extra story that ties to the new game. If they didn't just read it on the internet.

game2011

• mineiptXD
sup y'all, time for a crazy fan theory

Spoiler:
So let's assume this game is leading off the plot hook from ULiL, where people are getting teleported around and seemingly possessed at random.

First thought - teleportation? That's actually something we've seen before - namely, one of Komachi's specials in SWR/Soku.

To play into this theory more, note the game's title, and the mention of flowers. What was the plot of the game Komachi was introduced in again?

So my guess is that this has something to do with Higan/the dead. Maybe even another Phantasmagoria style game?
I don't think Komachi will necessarily have anything to do with the game.  Remember Mima and Ten Desires?

And 2ch is claiming that ZUN said this game's theme is about "sexualization." Doubt that...

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe

Also I'm hearing rumours there'll be sexual themes in the story of this one so that sounds... Interesting.

Wat?

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Keep in mind ZUN has said several times he finds danmaku 'erotic'.
"All those curves".

Now I understand correctly? That "The game will presumably continue the storyline started in ULiL PS4." means that the game will continue storyline "Reisen", which was only on the PS4, so 15.5 will also be released on the PS4, and to this point we get 2 different storylines?

cuc

The "erotic" talk you are hearing about is just a twitter joke, 'coz taking over another's body is considered inherently erotic. What ZUN actually did tonight is calling Fushigi no Gensokyo/Touhou Genso Wanderer "erotic."

Also some other jokes made by ZUN before: "Touhou is forbidden to anyone below 24." "If I keep saying 'danmaku are erotic' like that, there might be people who want to censor them. So I should write it down clearly: 'all danmaku in this game are 18 years or older.'"

Translation of backstory:

A strange phenomenon called "Perfect Possession" is taking place.
A phenomenon where one is taken over by a completely different person, not only in mind, but also in body.
But worry not: Reimu is already on her way to investigate the cause behind its occurrence.

"The strongest two have joined forces."
"Something bad might be in store for us humans."
"An opponent who cannot be bested by anybody alone?"
Ludicrous rumors are circulating, seemingly out of the fear in human villagers' hearts.

The so-called "Urban Legend Incidents," yet to be resolved, have bestowed unsubstantiatable rumors with a tendency to take on concrete forms.
And this time, the Perfect Possession is obviously yet another Urban Legend Incident.

This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have made the error of seeing themselves as the strongest two. This is their bittersweet story.

Information:
- ZUN only decided on the title three days ago
- Continuation of the Occult system
- A standalone game with all ULiL characters plus new characters
- No demo for this Winter Comiket
- Unabara said they also wished to port it to PS4, but this is still undecided
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:29:38 AM by cuc »

cuc

Now I understand correctly? That "The game will presumably continue the storyline started in ULiL PS4." means that the game will continue storyline "Reisen", which was only on the PS4, so 15.5 will also be released on the PS4, and to this point we get 2 different storylines?
More properly, the Reisen storyline was a set-up for 15.5. It is not especially essential for understanding what's going on.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:14:42 PM by cuc »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
So since it is reusing the occult system, I wonder if you need ULiL to be able to play all the characters, like with Hisoutensoku and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, as I don't believe all the characters will be relevant.

cuc

Since the title contains 依, it is reasonable to expect Yorihime (依姫) this time. In fact, the name of Tamayorihime, the dragon princess/priestess-goddess she is based on, means "the Noblewoman (hime) Possessed (yori) by Spirits (tama)." Being a vessel for spirits is exactly the goddess' specialty, and consequently Yorihime's.

But we are talking Touhou here. If you expect Yorihime, an all-new character may be what you get.
So since it is reusing the occult system, I wonder if you need ULiL to be able to play all the characters, like with Hisoutensoku and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, as I don't believe all the characters will be relevant.
No, ULiL is not needed.

Also the ULiL PS4 story
Spoiler:
specially stated that all users of Occult Balls are vulnerable to the effect.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:30:06 PM by cuc »

Time for another round of "Mima is coming back"
Bruh hahaha

Spoiler:
Maybe even another Phantasmagoria style game?
Spoiler:
As much as I want another Phantasmagoria game this one doesn't seem to be a likely candidate. Maybe Touhou 16?

Since the title contains 依, it is reasonable to expect Yorihime (依姫) this time.
I'd be down for that. Remember everyone claiming that the Watatsuki Sisters would be in LoLK?

cuc

Also by having two-character teams, the number of story campaigns can be immediately cut down by half.

So when ZUN said he had a new game in the works, is it safe to assume this is what he was talking about? Or should we expect another announcement sometime this month?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra