Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m [Closed, read last post!]  (Read 185198 times)

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
How do I animate bosses?

I haven't found any tutorial yet.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
How do I animate bosses?

I haven't found any tutorial yet.
Helopolis has a video tutorial on YouTube of how to c:
http://youtu.be/JUj6xG79-TY
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:27:21 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
Anyone know how to make familiars for Marisa and have them orbit her. (Or move in a circle period)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Anyone know how to make familiars for Marisa and have them orbit her. (Or move in a circle period)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JxONhPhIQ
At around 4:20 it shows how.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
Since you're pretty familiar with scripting (what I noticed). In the mainLoop of the familiars or a separate movement task which loops you can use either SetX/Y or SetMovePosition. Both achieve similar purpose, but difference in smoothness.

Code: [Select]
let dir = 0;
let r = <radius>

SetX(GetEnemyX+r*cos(dir));
SetY(GetEnemyY+r*sin(dir)); 
dir++;                  // or dir+=2; for faster speed etc

Where r = radius from the boss. Where dir = the speed in which the familiar revolves around the boss. This is pretty static movement.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:59:30 PM by Helepolis »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »
Since you're pretty familiar with scripting (what I noticed). In the mainLoop of the familiars or a separate movement task which loops you can use either SetX/Y or SetMovePosition. Both achieve similar purpose, but difference in smoothness.

Code: [Select]
let dir = 0;
let r = <radius>

SetX(GetEnemyX+r*cos(dir));
SetY(GetEnemyY+r*sin(dir)); 
dir++;                  // or dir+=2; for faster speed etc

Where r = radius from the boss. Where dir = the speed in which the familiar revolves around the boss. This is pretty static movement.

Thank you, I watched your video. Personally I like to keep Familiars and stuff like that out of the main boss script. It makes it easier for me to find stuff(and makes it less likely for Danmakufu to give errors :V).

Anyway, I move on to my fourth boss battle. (I look back and notice how a week ago I had no knowledge of makufu, now I'm done with three bosses)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2013, 02:28:19 AM »
Is there a function that ends a spellcard and goes back to the directory thing immediately? I couldn't find one on the functions list.
I need it for a menu I'm making.
 :)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2013, 06:03:27 AM »
Is there a function that ends a spellcard and goes back to the directory thing immediately? I couldn't find one on the functions list.
I need it for a menu I'm making.
 :)
Go back to the directory thing immediately? Not sure what you mean here. There is only 'End' for spell cards available. Edit: End is only for player bombs I noticed.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »
Go back to the directory thing immediately? Not sure what you mean here. There is only 'End' for spell cards available. Edit: End is only for player bombs I noticed.
Go right to the folder where the spell/nonspell was in. Isn't there an end for stages too? Or Clear;?
So I tried to move my menu to a stage and I don't know how to do DrawText, I tried putting it in DrawLoop but nothing showed up :C
This is the code if needed: http://pastebin.com/bWdjgpib

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
You're trying to make a menu?

In that case, that's not how you make a menu. By now, there isn't any tutorial to make custom menus, but Danmakufu Gods (Helepolis, Drake, Blargel) can help you.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
You're trying to make a menu?

In that case, that's not how you make a menu. By now, there isn't any tutorial to make custom menus, but Danmakufu Gods (Helepolis, Drake, Blargel) can help you.
I saw a tutorial and it worked in a spellcard, It's not how I make a menu? oh :(

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2013, 05:59:42 PM »
To make a menu you actually have to know very well how to use "ObjEffect", a bunch of advanced functions, and of course, "KeyState", "KeyPush", so when you press Down it goes from "Start Game" to "Extra Mode" and vice versa.

If you don't believe me, look at Juuni Jumon's (puremz's Touhou-ish game) was made.

It's harder than it looks.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »
To make a menu you actually have to know very well how to use "ObjEffect", a bunch of advanced functions, and of course, "KeyState", "KeyPush", so when you press Down it goes from "Start Game" to "Extra Mode" and vice versa.

If you don't believe me, look at Juuni Jumon's (puremz's Touhou-ish game) was made.

It's harder than it looks.
I know how to use keypush and objeffect, I already used keypush somewhere in the menu.
If I replace the DrawTexts with effectobjects, will it show up in the stage?

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
Yes, but you have to do it in another script in which you don't have to write "#TouhouDanmakufu blehblehbleh, @script_enemy main blehblehbleh".. You start with "if(time==0){", then "BGbleh("script\images\whatever\bleh.png");", "SetCommonData("blehblehbleh", number);" and the whole ObjEffect and KeyPush thing.

I'd suggest you to download "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" and see how puremz made the whole game. It's really interesting, both for beginners and experts.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
I didn't have an internet connection for a few days, so I wasn't able to thank Dark for answering my questions so I'll do that now. :V
Also, even more questions:

How do I keep the same angle using AddShot?
Without storing the angle in a variable?

While using Helepolis's shot data script, I noticed that if I changed a bullet from a bubble to another bullet, it would continue to spin. Is there any way to fix this? Apart from setting the bubble spinning to 0?

Also, slighty offtopic, how does everyone keep on thinking of new and innovative patterns? I am almost finished with my first plural script, "extra boss style" so that's 8 nonspells + 10 spellcards... and I'm going mad with the slow pace of work, which mostly goes like:
Must think of spellcard ideas>many hours later>YES! I'VE GOT SOMETHING!>runs into unexpected problem>ragequits/finds another way/is unhappy with result and restarts.

So, those are my current questions that keep bugging me. I hope somebody wants to answer some questions so I can go think up even more .:V
I am however, still on holiday, and most harbors don't have very good internet connection, so I don't know if I can answer really quickly.

Yet another insanely long amount of text that nobody wants to read through. I'm sorry for that, but I am completely unable to keep ANY, no matter what kind of message short.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
>some text<
:3
1. If you mean relative to the master bullet, well, math. For example, if you shoot 10 bullets with the angle i*360/10 where each bullet curves by 2 each frame, you could use something like
i*360/10+(frames*2) as the angle for the slaveshot. This may get complicated, especially if the bullets stop or start curving at different intervals, so I would suggest to use object bullets which are more flexible and easier to use, especially when trying to do things like this.

2. Probably not, unless you fake it (using strange object bullet coding) or just spawn a new bullet with 0 delay at the master bullet.

3. One way could be to: Study character (optional) > Find a theme for the patterns > Look in book/info site for inspiration > picture it in danmaku > start the programming.
For nonspells it often goes like: Find a theme > make something similair (but still abit different ofc) for each nonspell.
Coming up with innovative pattterns takes a while, similair to danmakufu. The more innovative pattern, the longer it takes to figure out and make.
Super-lazy tactic I abused; make a STG pattern from the fighting game patterns :V

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »
Yes, but you have to do it in another script in which you don't have to write "#TouhouDanmakufu blehblehbleh, @script_enemy main blehblehbleh".. You start with "if(time==0){", then "BGbleh("script\images\whatever\bleh.png");", "SetCommonData("blehblehbleh", number);" and the whole ObjEffect and KeyPush thing.

I'd suggest you to download "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" and see how puremz made the whole game. It's really interesting, both for beginners and experts.
I'm kind of confused, I have one script for one menu, another script for another menu, etc. and a main script for all the menus?
Or one script for the entire menu?
Sorry, I downloaded the game but couldn't find the menu folder.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »
The menu script?

Easy to find. Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude > script > Functions > Main Menu > Main Screen (which is the menu).

In that folder there is interesting stuff too.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
The menu script?

Easy to find. Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude > script > Functions > Main Menu > Main Screen (which is the menu).

In that folder there is interesting stuff too.
Whoops didn't see that  :derp:  Thanks! This will help C:

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2013, 02:09:41 AM »
Also, slighty offtopic, how does everyone keep on thinking of new and innovative patterns? I am almost finished with my first plural script, "extra boss style" so that's 8 nonspells + 10 spellcards... and I'm going mad with the slow pace of work, which mostly goes like:
Must think of spellcard ideas>many hours later>YES! I'VE GOT SOMETHING!>runs into unexpected problem>ragequits/finds another way/is unhappy with result and restarts.
I like to brainstorm before falling asleep. Picturing the danmaku makes it so much easier.

I once had a Remilia type card that I wanted to make. It was similar to Curse Sign "Tepes Vision" of Concealed the Conclusion.
Except I wanted the bullets to come out from the boss in a circle, and then spawn slave bullets which change angles as they spawn making a wave pattern.
I wanted the slave bullets to start at 0 velocity, and wait. After all the bullets are spawned, all the slave bullets well increase velocity at the same time and create like a loop/wave pattern.

It took about a month to figure it out since there were so many problems.
My point of this story is to never give up on your spellcards. Hold on to any of your good ideas.
As for nonspells? They are repetitive. Any bad spellcard idea can count as a nonspell.
Currently a normal player

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
I have another question:
I have this thing with a stage, nonspells, and spells, but the background only shows up in the spells.
Stage code: [size=78%]http://pastebin.com/Jt8KKLSh[/size]
A nonspell code: [/size][size=78%]http://pastebin.com/iE09EuBU[/size]
A spell code: [/size][size=78%]http://pastebin.com/X3Yx8PJX[/size]

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
I can't find the error, but ...

DeleteGraphic(bg);
}}

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
I can't find the error, but ...

DeleteGraphic(bg);
}}
Oh I forgot to put that on a seperate line, that's supposed to be there I think.
Edit: It didn't work with other images either.
Also another time I did a background on a non-spell and it showed up. But I don't know why this won't work...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Qwerty: Backgrounds do not work on Nonspells unless SetScore has been used or the nonspell is part of a stage, in which case the nonspell adapts the stage's background.

Also, you're on LOCAA. There are tons of people you can ask if you need immediate attention.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »
Qwerty: Backgrounds do not work on Nonspells unless SetScore has been used or the nonspell is part of a stage, in which case the nonspell adapts the stage's background.

Also, you're on LOCAA. There are tons of people you can ask if you need immediate attention.
Really? But Non-Spells don't have score bonuses. :C

Ok I'll ask on LoCAA too.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »
Anyone know how to make an attack like Flandre's "Kagome Kagome" card? The one that create bullets in a square all over the screen and she shoots bubbles that cause the bullets to move.

I also want to know how to make Cheeto Lasers. :V

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2013, 09:04:07 AM »
I think you need Effect Objects to make an attack like Kagome Kagome.

And Cheeto Lasers weren't the same as Curvy Lazarz?  :getdown:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »
Never played EoSD Flandre, so had to check it out on youtube. I noticed this is similar to Buddha's Bowl from Kaguya in IN.

Those are not effect objects, but heavily behaving object bullets. Basically what happens is the bubble bullets collide with the round bullets and are indeed pushed away. What you need to do is make the round bullets listen to collision in their "while" loop and adjust their angle based on the direction the bubble collides. Unfortunately, I am not a math god to exactly script this, sensing trig is required here. I can only tell you what I see and is required in terms of mechanics.

Make sure the bullets listen only once to the collision, otherwise they will keep changing their angle as the bubble flies through. Since the bubble's velocity is higher than the accelerating round ones.

Good luck.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »
I think you need Effect Objects to make an attack like Kagome Kagome.

And Cheeto Lasers weren't the same as Curvy Lazarz?  :getdown:
Cheeto Lasers, to me, looks like just a large amount of round bullets. Kind of like Seiga's rows of bullets.
Curvy lasers are kind of the same, but seems more like bended vertexes.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
Never played EoSD Flandre, so had to check it out on youtube. I noticed this is similar to Buddha's Bowl from Kaguya in IN.

Those are not effect objects, but heavily behaving object bullets. Basically what happens is the bubble bullets collide with the round bullets and are indeed pushed away. What you need to do is make the round bullets listen to collision in their "while" loop and adjust their angle based on the direction the bubble collides. Unfortunately, I am not a math god to exactly script this, sensing trig is required here. I can only tell you what I see and is required in terms of mechanics.

Make sure the bullets listen only once to the collision, otherwise they will keep changing their angle as the bubble flies through. Since the bubble's velocity is higher than the accelerating round ones.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'm no math wiz either so it'll take sometime for me to make. How would I spread the round bullets across the screen? Is it something similar to the other code you gave me?