Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263655 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.92 released]
« Reply #810 on: December 26, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
That's the point of the +Mist on the item. Lets the Miko be Suika.

« Reply #811 on: December 26, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
Figured there wouldn't be much reason to put +mist on it other than for flavour. Are there other items like this? Or is it limited to miko miko suika?
This isn't a very clever signature...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #812 on: December 26, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Miko Miko Suika is the only obvious one. There's a few minor ones like a Tengu flavoured Shield that is intended for Momiji or Aya or shoes about Utsuho's foot.

« Reply #813 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:35 PM »
Hello, seasons greetings to all of you first and foremost. ^^

Alright so i finally made my way to Phantasm on my fairy and am currently on the last act. Revised my build to Mokou&Iku rather than Mokou&Medicine. I noticed two things along the way.

The first involves the Possessed by Phoenix skill. In the Rage skill description it says that the damage will go up 1% for every rage. I know that this skill was nerfed in the past and rightly so but i don't know by how much. At current the skill doesn't seem to scale with rage at all remaining at 300-325 damage at skill level 25 in Possessed by Phoenix' description. So either Possessed by Phoenix' damage description doesn't update or the scaling has been removed entirely in which case it'ld be best to remove the description of the damage increase in the Rage skill.

The second are two more dialogue issues:
In act 2 after beating Rin for the first quest if you talk to Utsuho about it she shows square boxes in her dialogue a few times. Could just be me. I've included  a screenshot.

There's also one in act 5 after having freed Chen from the Ice Prison. Ran will tell you that she's grateful for freeing Chen yet in the next paragraph she will tell you to go talk to Anya in order to stop Layla. I know act 5 still needs dialogue editing for the most part but seeing as Ran is practically done i thought it worth mentioning.

And as a final piece to this rant I was wondering about a flavour option. The idea of custom sprites for the player characters has been discussed here before and the conclusion was that it couldn't really be done for whatever reason IIRC. But perhaps we could compromise?
If you get all pieces of a certain character's set (provided you can't wear two at the same time) you could take the shape of what that character looks like in the side areas. So for instance if you get all of Utsuho's set equipped you would take the shape of the harpy she is in SA. I thought that might be possible because in the vanilla game you had the Trang-Oul's avatar set for necromancers which if you equipped every piece of it would make you turn into a Ghoul Lord so there might already be a usable function to do such a thing.
Anyways i was merely wondering about that. Might be far too much work or simply not as easy to pull off. Or you may have already done it and simply didn't know. The droprates in the side areas have yet to yield good results.  :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:30:27 PM by FlowenHC »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
I play Warlock, wouldn't be able to comment.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #815 on: December 27, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »
I thought the boxes in Act2 dialogue were bugged apostrophes. But I guess there's just no way to tell unless I see it myself.

The full set morphs are possible. But there is a different problem with doing it like that. The full set morph is a state. The game will only take 256 states. Every passive, aura, buff/debuff, curse uses a state. I don't think I can free up 42 state slots to make it feasible for full set morphs.

« Reply #816 on: January 01, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
How are things coming along? I've been getting excited over trying a challenge run as the first thing once the finished version is out. I'll go for Hardcore mode, No save&exit, always /players 8 and No Spell Card Contract conditions, and let the stream audience decide the class. The new debuffs will hopefully make thing real interesting :3
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #817 on: January 01, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »
No Spell Card Contract

Too hardcore ffffffffffffffffff

I've been buffing up enemies. The proc effects where only present half the time because the syntax i was using for on-death procs was wrong. Fixed that up and now they appear twice within a mob. Instead of the once as before. Still tame stuff but plenty more exciting. I've made plenty of little skills to sprinkle onto the side area mobs and bosses for maximum pichun.

Once I've kitted out all the enemies with effects, I'll be making some items to fill the reward chest of the Danmaku Archers side area. As the most overpowered, difficult and outright unfair level of the game, it will drop the most overpowered, difficult to get and outright unfair uniques :V.

Edit: Partial changelog whilst I'm here

General
Story Reimu's lightning attack minimum distance reduced and animation changed.
Story bosses given proc skills.
Character stats affixes removed from all common items.
Attack, hitpoints and mana affixes improved.
Character core skills stat base value and scaling increased, also synergises off the skill level.
Unused item sprites removed.
Enemies given debuff proc effects.
Side area enemies given proc effects.

Oni Brawler
Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" remade.

Voile Fairy
"Deluge Forty Days" duration calculation corrected.
Love Sign "Master Spark" animation changed.
"Possessed by Phoenix" rescaled.

Spirit Hermit
Flower Sign "Wilting of Juniper" hp scaling reduced and number of summons scaling added.
Flower Field "Garden of the Sun" remade.
Flower Sign "The Reflowering of Gensokyo" duration increased, mana scaling added and cooldown increased.
Phantasm "The Beauty of Nature" bonus calculation corrected.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" remade.

Youkai Hunter
Tewi trap animations changed to normal cast animations.
"Ancient Duper" duration rescaled and bonus trap summons synergy scaling reduced.

Phantom Kensei
Dog Sign "Rabies Bite" animation changed.
Tengu "Maple Vanguard" proc effect added.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Evil-Sealing Circle" description expanded.
Frog Sign "Wily Toad" proc effect added.
Snake Sign "Orochi of Ancient Times" proc effect added.

Kasha Warlock
Spider "Cave Spider's Nest" remade.
Small Thread "Kandata's Rope" remade.
Cat Sign "Cat's Walk" remade.
Youkai "Blazing Wheel" proc effect changed.

Items
Character stats automagic spawn levels increased and capped.
Kusari-gama base weapon type changed to 2-handed thrown weapon.
Mochi Pounder attack speed increased.
General item drops adjusted to favour armour over weapons.
Orin full set bonus skill changed to proc on getting hit effect.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:10:14 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #818 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:10 AM »
How are things coming along? I've been getting excited over trying a challenge run as the first thing once the finished version is out. I'll go for Hardcore mode, No save&exit, always /players 8 and No Spell Card Contract conditions, and let the stream audience decide the class. The new debuffs will hopefully make thing real interesting :3

I'd be interested in watching that, where can I find your stream?

Also those patch notes look awesome, do you have an estimate for when it'll be ready? Not that I'm trying to rush you, I'm just excited.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #819 on: January 02, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »
The big wait is for artwork. Until that's ready, I'll probably keep adding stuff as I get ideas.

« Reply #820 on: January 02, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
I'd be interested in watching that, where can I find your stream?

http://www.livestream.com/arf2hu

I think I'll stream a test run in an hour or so. I did a no contract play several months ago, and it wasn't too different once you got to act 3 and beyond, but I think I used /players to my advantage and farmed a bit in act 1 that time.

Yeah! Release version will be huge!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #821 on: January 05, 2013, 04:42:45 AM »
We could try to get some group multiplayer on hamachi or something to welcome the new patch.
(No I'm definitely not lonely when I play this.)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #822 on: January 05, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »
I'd imagine multiplayer is the best way to beat Danmaku Archers side area. Because meatshield party members :D

« Reply #823 on: January 05, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »
I'd imagine multiplayer is the best way to beat Danmaku Archers side area. Because meatshield party members :D

Might be a bit silly depending on how many archers there are. If you just have 2 people place portals and never go through their own portal you can just have a line of constantly respawning meatshields. This would of course cost you a shitload of money to pull off, but I'm assuming the drops would be worth it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #824 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »

Clear the Danmaku Archers and you can go to The Netherlands :V

Wypatroszony

« Reply #825 on: January 05, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »
The Netherlands? Will we be forced to fight "Tulips of imminent doom" after the unremitting horrors of Danmaku Archers? Can this get any more cruel? :V

We could try to get some group multiplayer on hamachi or something to welcome the new patch.
I was going to propose something like that AFTER the release, but you've beaten me to the punch.

Suffer from minimal lag and you die when you would not otherwise. Truly best of a kind.  :derp:

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #826 on: January 05, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
So uh.. I didn't die. :derp: Late happy new years? Too much Borderlands 2. <3

Lots of information, looking forward to everything stated thus far.

Anyway, tried to install PlugY.. I get
Checking library memory check failed
Awesome. Did some research, and it turns out PlugY doesn't support 1.13d. So when I tried to manually install 1.13c over it..
This patch does not need to be applied to the game. The version of the game you have installed is more up to date than this patch.
Woo. More awesome.

Did some more surfing, found a mod manager called D2SE http://snej.d2maniacs.org/forum/index.php?topic=18954.0

Now I'm curious. D2SE states it can reroll my install back to 1.13c and I can keep my save files working. I also read that PlugY allows me to have a different install for my character saves. So if I get this right, It.. should be possible for me to install D2SE as well as PlugY onto the seperate installation for R2:LoM, but not touch the original install at all. Or is it that they allow me to install everything in the same folder? Or maybe I can have my vanilla saves in one folder and my Touhou saves inside of another and both work?

I want to use PlugY for R2:LoM, but not the original vanilla game with all of my base character saves. I like having a separate install for R2:LoM, since I can just choose between the two at any time, but I'm not quite sure the options at my fingertips. You have any tips on pulling this together?

No Spell Card Contract
! :o So totally watching if I get the chance.

group multiplayer on hamachi
Hell yes. I'm 100% in if I'm available. If I can't make it, no big. Totally needs voice chat, though.

Edit :
Apparently D2SE is only a mod manager by itself, and doesn't actually revert the game save itself back, but uses it's built-in versions, which now bugs me because now I have to run this before I run Diablo 2, and not only that, but it runs only for D2, and not the Touhou mod. Oi..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:33:18 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #827 on: January 05, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
As far as I know, D2SE works better if the mod has an installer and was made compatible with the D2SE system. I don't do any of that, so you're on your own there. I had mentioned it before that 1.13d would cause problems and if you've updated to that, a fresh reinstall is the only way I know to fix it.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #828 on: January 05, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »
fresh reinstall

Alright, I'm on it. Here's hoping the download for LoD from Bnet isn't already at 1.13d.. If it is, I'm... not sure how to fix my problem. (since my CD drive is OOC)

Edit! :
Oh win, the install for LoD is 1.12A. Nice.
And lol @ Blizzard Downloader being a torrent client. That's actually pretty amusing. Yay for having a plan.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:39:20 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #829 on: January 05, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »
Hell yes. I'm 100% in if I'm available. If I can't make it, no big. Totally needs voice chat, though.

Gotta agree with you there. I have a plethora of voice chat programs to choose from so it mostly just depends on what others want/have/are comfortable with.
Currently I have ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak/dolby axon/skype, so whichever works out best I suppose.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #830 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:58 PM »
I'm on Skype 24/7. The audio quality is the best out there, but only as good as your mic is. I don't use vent (because of bad audio quality) or teamspeak (same reason) Though TS is better audio quality than Vent overall in my experience, thus why TS installed but unused. Never heard of Mumble or Dolby Axon, so I'm at a loss here. Normally I'm extremely picky with who I voice chat to, and even more so when considering why I'm doing it.

In other news, I got rid of D2SE since I didn't need it and reinstalled all the way to 1.13c. To be honest, PlugY seems a bit difficult to comprehend. I can't seem to make the PlugY within the second installation folder RUN with the second installation that it's supposed to be. Is there a way to change the path to the game itself? Or..

The only thing I can see possible here is running the core game as the mod and secondary install as the vanilla.. but how do I run a different character save folder? Reading the readme doesn't really help when it's such a large amount of information to take in. Maybe I'm just brainfailing or something. :derp:

Edit :
Ugh.. Now I have the same issue again. BOTH Diablo 2 game exes run without plug Y, though the modded one runs R2:LoM, and when I run PlugY, it runs the non-modded game. ffffffffff >;o

Edit 2 :
Success! Just got PlugY working with the mod. Only now do I realize my problem. Now I must reinstall the entire game AGAIN, but the other way around. Installing my core game as the mod, and let the alternate install be vanilla. FFS. Can't say I won't appreciate the final product once I get it exactly how I want it, though.

Edit 3 :
GONE ARE ALL THE PROBLEMS! <3
- Installed base game to folder named Reimu II - Lord of Maidens, then installed the expansion, then patched to 1.13c.
- After this, I copied over the entire installation to a new folder simply titled Diablo II
- Set the shortcut to R2:LoM to PlugY.exe instead of the game itself, (including changing the name AND icon) thus starting PlugY with the modded program every single time
                                (^ Because it's based on the original install directory name)
- I also changed the directory of the game's save files just for PlugY, so now I have the normal Save folder for my Diablo II vanilla characters, and a folder called Touhoes for just them.

I do believe with this process of installation, You could even patch the secondary installation of Diablo II to 1.13d to play on Bnet. Though I do sense it possibly might try to patch the original game directory instead of the secondary directory, or even both.. I would assume keeping a copy of the modded directory in it's entirety before trying to patch the secondary install to 1.13d would be best. Feel free to use this to install with your Diablo II directories if you want. You never have to touch a file, never have to turn PlugY on or off, never have to move your files, just boot one game version or the other.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:08:57 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #831 on: January 05, 2013, 11:55:53 PM »
I tend to prefer skype as well, all though some people don't like to be able to hear others breath xD.
Mumble would be my second choice, but I don't have my own server, it has great audio quality though...I think.

As for the plugY thing, enjoy craploads of extra storage and the ability to trade items between characters without needing another person/computer.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #832 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
I seem to come across a lot of issues with people unable to hear others, and multiple directions of unable to replicate the problem. I know that Windows 7 Auto-adjusts your volume irrelevant of your Skype settings, and the Microphone boost in Windows' Audio is a goddamn lifesaver. The way mics work on Skype (as far as I know) is that if they can hear you breathe, your mic is either too close to your mouth, or close enough but incorrectly angled.

Here, Example. My mic isn't even on my head. Never is. It sits on my desk behind my keyboard. It has noise cancellation, and the voices are crystal clear. It's a such a good quality microphone that you can hear me at my chair, across my room, at or outside my room's door, but you yet CANNOT hear your own voice outputting through my stereo whatsoever, EVEN if it's louder than I'm actually speaking. And that includes having a horn tweeter sitting next to my mic. <- For a source, it's Turtle Beach's Ear Force X1. Pretty old, basically dirt cheap, $70 when it came out, and you can get awesome quality from it. Just goes to show you DO NOT need those stupid $700 headsets.

And yeah.. I cannot wait to use PlugY. I'll only use it for my Touhous though. Never for vanilla. Do you use PlugY? Curious. I actually ran my vista as a mule in order to store everything I ever needed. Now I never have to do that again. At least not with the mod, anyway.

Also, don't know if you noticed the 3rd edit of my last post. You replied before I posted the edit. Just throwing it out there. :}

Edit :
Oh dear.. joining a game that does not use PlugY will result in the host crashing, not the joiner. That's a dangerous combination. When deciding to LAN for Diablo II, you'll need to take that into account for sure.

Edit 2 :
After running through PlugY, I can't seem to figure out why I only have one shared stash page, the name for it is red, and my personal stash pages max at 10. In the configuration, it states unlimited for both. I severely doubt it's an "unlockable", so methinks I'm doing it wrong. What.. do? ???
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:15:29 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #833 on: January 06, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »
LoM has it's own PlugY settings embedded. This is to ensure you don't screw up the inventory size and have items go missing and also to let you have access to the pandemonium levels without any hassles. The stash limits are a bit of a mirror to Titan Quest's concept of shared inventory. You get to have a bit of space for yourself but the shared space is strictlly for transfering, not hoarding.

MotK has its own Teamspeak server. Details for it are in Genji's Battle Arena. Skype call quality is just too bad in my opinion and TS hasn't let me down ever yet.

« Reply #834 on: January 06, 2013, 06:03:16 AM »
I like this project, I did lot of d2 modding when open b.net was not so dead, if i can help or anything just PM me, I did mostly hardcoding though but I still did softcoding kinda so ^^

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #835 on: January 06, 2013, 06:09:06 AM »
Why do you only show up now :qq:

« Reply #836 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
._. Well... I never had an account until today ;o

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #837 on: January 06, 2013, 06:28:19 AM »
What's the extent of your moding experience? Do you have anything you can show me?

« Reply #838 on: January 06, 2013, 06:34:53 AM »
http://forums.shadowdiablo.com/index.php?showforum=108

If ignoring all the trolls on it... As for softcoding I think i'm pretty good with it... But I never went deep into it to be honest because never had any project haha I mostly liked hardcoding stuff... as D2Guard was my biggest project but not related to diablo II's core, I worked with blackbird but never finished since it went total dead (seriously I miss the old time)
But If i can help I would like to, I think as anything close to softcoding was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QoxX8emho
Which is what got into modding to begin with (I saw something similar) This mod got owned by the latest update but that's unrelevant.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #839 on: January 06, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
Your softcode for the play as a boss is something I could do myself at this stage. Your hardcoded mods don't look like something I can immediately use. If LoM gets development into v2.0, the main hardcode fixes I'd like to see are extensions to the stats, states and area levels limits.

The main help I'm after at the moment is more custom sprites for a full conversion of the ingame items, spells animations, cast overlays and good dialogue writing for act 2.