Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222463 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #960 on: February 12, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »
While grinding to my 120s (because 116 obviously had far too much risk in it for me), I thought I got pretty lucky with the drops so far.

I have duplicates of a few (read: 1-2) of them as well  :V

Also, I'm debating on whether to increase Marisa's MND or not. And maybe HP alongside it considering that I can barely find any holes for me to swap in and Spark. SPD is also another alternative it would seem.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #961 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
While grinding to my 120s (because 116 obviously had far too much risk in it for me), I thought I got pretty lucky with the drops so far.

I have duplicates of a few (read: 1-2) of them as well  :V
I hate you. To tell the truth, I had all but 1 before I beat the final boss on my first play. On my second though, this time, where I'm actually playing Plus-Disk so it really matters... I didn't get even ONE until lv170, and nothing more yet ;-;

Also, boosting Marisa's SPD is a great idea (she has good SPD), and try not to switch her in if something with a physical multi-hit is about to attack. Boosting her HP and MND is good for helping her survive magical multi-hits which is reasonable, and also means you could use her just for regular attacking if you wanted.

And definitely boost those Affinities. They should cost next to nothing to get over 110. You don't need to give Marisa equipment to boost them, they aren't really low or expensive unlike SOME characters~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #962 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
Holy yokai Jesus baity, I only got armands before boss got pwnt. How many goats did you sacrifice?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #963 on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »
I never touched Affinities yet, because I thought it would get too costly for such a small "benefit".
Spoiler:
/cheapskate

Grinded to 127 without me realizing it. (Grinding on) 20F is fast once you know how to take on each enemy encounter. Might as well make another serious attempt now once I spend all these Skill Points.

How many goats did you sacrifice?
0 goats and 1 Donut  :V
<>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #964 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
Well, boost em! Most important is on anyone who has affinities under 100. I mean, going from 91 to 100 is 3 levels for 10% less damage. And they really cost almost nothing at first, you're getting like 10k SKP per battle, whats a cost of less then 100 points?

And yeah, you could possibly win at that point. Considering your performance on earlier bosses, I think its likely.

0 goats and 1 Donut  :V
That explains all the blood on the forum from earlier  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #965 on: February 12, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
And yeah, you could possibly win at that point. Considering your performance on earlier bosses Considering your equipment is better than someone who used the newgame+ feature, I think its likely.

I totally forget what level I beat t he final boss at. I think it was 140, and even then that was above what I needed to be. I just didn't want to take the chance of losing after a 40 min battle. You should scrag her asap, Shouldn't be too bad with that gear, you probably have a better party setup too if you looked at the character's stats and formulas on the wiki before choosing.

Last, you don't want to spoil the post game material by being over level for it, trust me. It's really quite cool IMO.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #966 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
Last, you don't want to spoil the post game material by being over level for it, trust me. It's really quite cool IMO.
As if this is even possible without massive overlevelling  :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #967 on: February 12, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
As if this is even possible without massive overlevelling  :V

Some of it is, I beat a couple of the post-game optionals immediately after completing the game.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #968 on: February 12, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »
Doo doo doo doot doo doo doo doo-doot doo~

5 KOs.

1 from instadeath (isn't it sad, Alice?  ;_;), 3 from
Spoiler:
Hyperdimensional Flying Object
(Everybody placed into the first slot died instantly) and 1 from leaving Marisa out in the open after Sparking, hoping that would've taken out a limb  :V
Guess I was fortunate enough that the boss didn't buff twice.

"I accidentally the left arm" as well, after trying to debuff it constantly with Alice and
Spoiler:
Eirin
. Again, unexpected victory this time by
Spoiler:
Yukari's Shikigami "Yakumo Ran+"
for a whopping 41k.

EDIT: Also! Also...
Spoiler:
I still haven't raised any Elemental Affinities
Just to get it out there  :V
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:34:28 PM by BAD BOY BAITY!! (dj Remo-con MIX) »
<>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #969 on: February 12, 2010, 09:50:34 PM »
Baity hacks >:

If you're interested in post-game content, the first part is this

Ver.2 bosses on 4F(1), 5F(3?), 9F(Bloodstained), 10F(1), 12F(2), 18F(1), 19F(4), and 20F(5 and a bloodstained). Then after beating all 4 bloodstained bosses you unlock the final one on 1F.

Also, Boss Rush right below relay point at 20F. You get the final item for beating that.

You get a star for beating the game, collecting all 32 non-plus characters, all 100 items, all bloodstained bosses beaten, and all ver.2 bosses beaten. Getting stars lets you pass through more of the new teleporters, and with all 5 you can fight Final Boss Ver.2 (Which gets you 2 new characters for winning)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #970 on: February 12, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »
all 100 items
...guess its finally time to fire up the wiki. Wait:
Also, Boss Rush right below relay point at 20F. You get the final item for beating that.
Oh ok. Half my work done already!

I might also consider doing a second playthrough alongside the post-game with the more "unused" characters and see how good they are.

Baity hacks >:
Lies.

I should probably post my team as well for the curious.

Reimu
Marisa
Chen
ChiMeat Shield Mk I
Minoriko
Alice
Spoiler:
Yuugi
Spoiler:
Ran
Spoiler:
Eirin
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
Spoiler:
Flan
Spoiler:
Yukari

I also used and swapped in and out (depending on the Boss) these people:

Youmu
Spoiler:
Suwako
Spoiler:
Sanae
Spoiler:
Suika

*Did not spend any Skill Points for this character
<>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #971 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
You'll get the other last item by exploring the new part of 20F. Be careful not to run into one of the bosses in there though.

And I did that (new game with diff chars), it's pretty fun.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #972 on: February 12, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »
Anybody know what egg does? I'm trying to farm good 30F items, and haven't gotten egg yet. Don't know if I should bother trying to get one, or if I should just run away from the enemy that drops it so I can devote more time fighting enemies that drop stuff I KNOW is good..

according to the Japanese wiki egg gives:
HP80% SP +100% magic recovery rate +350% +24% heat, cold, wind, natural immunity +128 killed instantly, low resistance +50

350% recovery rate?! That has to be wrong, what's low resistance? gah, it makes no sense.

You'll get the other last item by exploring the new part of 20F. Be careful not to run into one of the bosses in there though.

One of the bosses on 30F was the very first one I beat actually, I think it had another easy one as well.. The difficulty of the bosses mk2 is not really dependant on what floor they are found on IMO.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #973 on: February 12, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »
350% recovery rate?! That has to be wrong, what's low resistance? gah, it makes no sense.

One of the bosses on 30F was the very first one I beat actually, I think it had another easy one as well.. The difficulty of the bosses mk2 is not really dependant on what floor they are found on IMO.
Maybe its actually 35% recovery. Also, low resistance is Debuff resist.

And that is true, but two of them will surely kill him at his level. Also lol30Ftypo

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #974 on: February 12, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
Maybe its actually 35% recovery. Also, low resistance is Debuff resist.

And that is true, but two of them will surely kill him at his level. Also lol30Ftypo

If you're right, I should just try and farm more exoskeletons and immortal badges.

edit:
Is there some kind of free excel editor software someone can suggest? I rekon it would speed up writing those nasty level up/skill point formulas if I can make an excel document for it instead of..well. writing it all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:35:35 PM by Ghaleon »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #975 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:03 PM »
80% hp, SP + 100 points, mag +350%, Eva +24%, affs (except mys and spi) +128, dth and debuff +50. Rec + 24%

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #976 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »
80% hp, SP + 100 points, mag +350%, Eva +24%, affs (except mys and spi) +128, dth and debuff +50. Rec + 24%

Thanks, Sounds like good master spark gear >=P.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #977 on: February 12, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »
Ok guys, I followed your advice and yet nothing works :ohdear: Any tips?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #979 on: February 12, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #980 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »
That isn't obtainable via 30F trash...
I know, just saying. Though I wonder why the Wiki doesn't have items from pages 11-15

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #981 on: February 12, 2010, 11:32:45 PM »
I know, just saying. Though I wonder why the Wiki doesn't have items from pages 11-15

I plan on updating that part of the wiki (sans the where it drops part) after I finish filling up page 15 myself.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #982 on: February 12, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »
I plan on updating that part of the wiki (sans the where it drops part) after I finish filling up page 15 myself.

I'm working on putting in the items as we speak just to get them on. I'm guessing Pages 11-15 are Plus Disk only?(I forget where most of the items I got were from) If so, I'll probably put on the Page 11 bar that its Plus Disk only.

So far I got pages 11 and 12 done on the edit, working on 13 now so I'll be done in about 10-15 minutes.

Edit: Done. Only thing left to include for them is the locations.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:11:58 AM by Axel Ryman »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #983 on: February 13, 2010, 01:45:03 AM »
I managed to actually destroy 3 of Mr. Man's forms, but nature destroyed me again. :<

I do like how I've reached the point where I can see a visible improvement every level gained, since most characters increase their best stats by 100 or more per level.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #984 on: February 13, 2010, 01:51:19 AM »
edit:
Is there some kind of free excel editor software someone can suggest? I rekon it would speed up writing those nasty level up/skill point formulas if I can make an excel document for it instead of..well. writing it all.

I use OpenOffice's Calc program.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #985 on: February 13, 2010, 04:22:27 AM »
That isn't obtainable via 30F trash...
No, it's not.  But it's a drop from one of the 30F bosses - the first two of whom become refightable after beating the last one.  So Yeah.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #986 on: February 13, 2010, 04:28:50 AM »
No, it's not.  But it's a drop from one of the 30F bosses - the first two of whom become refightable after beating the last one.  So Yeah.

I can't even safely take on the first boss (he can one shot anybody he pleases with his stupid cheap ass defense ignore attacks), so, not an option >=p

It's just good to farm for the other items from floor 30.. Because it also gives good exp. 27F gives more faster yes, but it doesn't reward me with any good items, and more importantly. *IM BORED OUTTA MY SKULL* doing it for over 150 levels now.

nintendonut888

« Reply #987 on: February 13, 2010, 05:01:28 AM »
;-;

I destroyed every one of Mr. Man's forms, but he had killed all my nukers, leaving me unable to kill him before he MANS UP and slaughtered my remaining people. I can now see that this is possible...but very hard, and requiring a fair amount of luck on his first form still.

How much health does his last phase have?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #988 on: February 13, 2010, 05:26:04 AM »
To be honest, not much donut. I beat "mr.man" on like my 3rd attempt, at which point things like Heavenly Demise actually hit some chars like Patchy for 0 and Scarlet Gold Sword hit my tanks and ATK nukes for either 0, or little amounts. In the end, it's all about lasting out/taking as little damage as posible while dealing as much as possible.

nintendonut888

« Reply #989 on: February 13, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »
Heavenly Demise hit Patchy for 0

Wut.

Heavenly demise is a OHKO for Patchy, Suwako, and Kaguya. What level were you AT?! Of course he'd be easy at that point!

EDIT: Also, just reached Reimu level 100. That's enough for now, methinks. Also, I've been grinding for about 6 in-game hours lol.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:41:12 AM by nintendonut888 »