Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222461 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #630 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »
The worst of the worst are probably beldamyrs or whatever they are called.. guhh

I think they are called Blackenmel.

And for bosses that are apperently from Cave:
Spoiler:
Master Light Wings Close Range Support Cruel Battle Machine Evacannier(sp?) DOOM... or something like that, looks similar to a butterfly :V
Spoiler:
Beast of Centurea as well as Beast of Centurea - Breakaway Form, a really big robawt thingie
Spoiler:
Hibachi, A bee gone Super Saiyan, if you will :V
Spoiler:
Bloody Papa/Bloody Jitterbug, looks like a Super Saiyan farmer :V
Spoiler:
Hibachi I and Hibachi II, see Hibachi and make it 2 of it, 1 with a blue-ish aura and the other with a pink-ish/red-ish aura.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2010, 02:05:16 AM »
15F is only a LOT worse, so if you really can't handle this floor, you really might consider going back.

By the way, check on Kaguya sometimes. :V

I already know this. BTW, my team is level 53-62, should I make a serious effort to fight her?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:02 AM »
I already know this. BTW, my team is level 53-62, should I make a serious effort to fight her?
Even if Reimu is the level 62, probably not. Its possible though, maybe. If you wait till Reimu lv70 she's pretty easy, if you want challenge do it inbetween there somewhere.

I did Yuyuko at like lv70 or 72, don't remember, but I've heard people doing her a good bit earlier.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:08:51 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #633 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:39 AM »

If you already got Yuyuko you should be able to manage. You should also see Orin around now too. I seem to recall you weren't sure if you got all her events yet or not. You only see Orin kicking around after defeating Yuyuko though.

nintendonut888

« Reply #634 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »
If you already got Yuyuko you should be able to manage. You should also see Orin around now too. I seem to recall you weren't sure if you got all her events yet or not. You only see Orin kicking around after defeating Yuyuko though.

When did I ever imply I got Yuyuko? :V Flawless Nirvana simply does too much damage for her to be viable yet.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #635 on: February 03, 2010, 02:38:26 AM »
Mid-high 60s should be enough all bosses everything on 14F. You can start from the low 60s if you're feeling really confident.

That said, it's now
Spoiler:
Yukari
's turn. Would've loved a "flawless" victory against a certain boss, but I decided against it considering the nature of the battle (read: the boss likes to 1-shot back people for reasons unknown). It's not one that I can stall out indefinitely  ;_;
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #636 on: February 03, 2010, 02:58:57 AM »
Guess who just beat Yuyuko.

With his people in the mid 50s-low 60s.

;D

It just took some lucky paralysis and beefing Yugi to the point where she takes 1/10 of Yuyuko's health per hit, and once Yugi croaks lay on Return Inanimateness, Silent Selene, and whatever else I can manage. It was a little close, but I still beat her. Yuyu~
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:51:52 AM by nintendonut888 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #637 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »
Know where I can get some? I'm thinking of swapping up to Aquabitch or The Green One for my avatar subject. Possibly sig too if I can get anything good... Know of any good quotes to sig-ify?

Check the Labyrinth thread on Poosh. It has the bgm and image rips.

nintendonut888

« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2010, 04:52:43 AM »
Yeesh, I wouldn't have thought Mokou would be harder than Yuyuko, but debuffing my attack power makes it quite hard to deal damage to her. X_X

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #639 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:58 AM »
Why can't I fully sandbag
Spoiler:
Yukari
?  ;_;
Furthermore, her HP is higher than I thought. Or maybe I just lost count.

EDIT: Ah, hah, hah. Now I get RNG shafted and PAR takes effect.

Yeesh, I wouldn't have thought Mokou would be harder than Yuyuko, but debuffing my attack power makes it quite hard to deal damage to her. X_X
>:3
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:22:27 AM by BAD BOY BAITY!! (dj Remo-con MIX) »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #640 on: February 03, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »
Don't ">:3" me, help meeee. :( I've gotten her pretty close to death, but I can't quite hack it. How much health does she have?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2010, 05:46:08 AM »
Don't ">:3" me, help meeee. :( I've gotten her pretty close to death, but I can't quite hack it. How much health does she have?

A lot. Lots and lots.

If you're not getting volcano'd, You're doing everything wrong though.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2010, 05:46:34 AM »

80,000ish after her clear second phase starts.

Buff up a spark, bro.

« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2010, 06:09:45 AM »
Right after Resurrection I used a boosted Spark for roughly 70k and Silent Selene for 40k which finished her, so 80k sounds pretty accurate.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #644 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:08 AM »
Don't ">:3" me, help meeee. :(

Fun fact: I won without being Volcano'd on my second try.

Also, note that
Spoiler:
Mokou
's attacks are Physical-based for reasons unknown (you'll understand when you recruit her). That's about it for advice.

And, 80k sounds accurate.

Hm.

I'm not too sure as to what I should be doing when
Spoiler:
Yukari
Spoiler:
starts to self-buff all her stats via IN Quadruple Barrier and proceeds to tear my team apart. I'm fairly sure that I'm close to winning when that happens. However, she starts to move waaaay too fast and I can't swap my "cannons" in and fire immediately; I find myself stalling for 2-3 turns to let the SPD (and DEF / MND) decrease to a somewhat acceptable level. Might decide to swap Suika in for a 1-shot debuff when that happens; take the next attack and then swap 4 people in for a final blow (hopefully)
. But then again, my confidence in this strat is approaching 0 as I write this up simply because I have no proper max HP to work with. Might want to pull out a calculator and estimate the next time I try this.

Or I should grind seeing as I have Reimu Lv74 at the moment and everybody is saying that I should grind for this.
<>

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #645 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
I've kinda hit a wall, I can't beat Mokou nor Orin. ;_; Maybe I should just press on with floor 16. :S

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #646 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »

Fun fact: I won without being Volcano'd on my second try.

I beat her before she could even Resurrection or Volcano :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #647 on: February 03, 2010, 06:32:51 AM »
Spoiler:
Yukari

She's hard. Stalling doesn't work, at least it didn't for me, she'll just re-buff. If you stall too much, she'll djinn storm after a buff too. Believe me, you don't want that.

I found what helped is to whittle her down with my less than optimal party, after buffing up my "best" characters as best I could, and have them sit around forever, until you know when.

I also found that sword of rapture doesn't have a 40% success rate per stat, it seems to have a 100% success rate with speed and some other stat (mnd maybe? or was it def? it was always those 2 for me), important part being speed of course. Just make sure you get enough regen gear on you know who so you'll be able to afford a sword of rapture after a djinn storm relatively quickly.

I beat her before she could even Resurrection or Volcano :V

Weren't you told cheaters never win? =P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #648 on: February 03, 2010, 06:36:07 AM »
I already had the other red sister by then, so of course I wtfbbqpwned firebitch ;D

Milkyway64

« Reply #649 on: February 03, 2010, 06:38:03 AM »
Weren't you told cheaters never win? =P

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't she kinda not die until she resurrects? Either on the Ver.2 or 3 fight at least, I could have sworn that was the case (I do think it was three, since I remember shock at not one-shotting her with a hax'd party)

Confirm, hime.

nintendonut888

« Reply #650 on: February 03, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »
The FUCK was that?! I nearly had her down, and then...

BAM.

I hate you all for mocking me. >:( Especially you Baity.

nintendonut888

« Reply #651 on: February 03, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »
Wait.

What.

WTF.

Orin's Needle Mountain attack...CRASHES THE GAME?

Fuck this.

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #652 on: February 03, 2010, 07:36:11 AM »
Wait.

What.

WTF.

Orin's Needle Mountain attack...CRASHES THE GAME?

Fuck this.
That I havent seen before.  I've seen her crash the game by Cat Walk'ing the first spot when no one was ther before, but never with Needle Moutain.

nintendonut888

« Reply #653 on: February 03, 2010, 07:41:11 AM »
Except she used it on Yugi. No excuse, not that there would be one anyway. I've often thought it'd be clever to have an enemy in some game use an attack that destroys all time and space and purposefully freezes the game, but you're never actually supposed to let that happen! That just makes me angry.

« Reply #654 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »
Except she used it on Yugi. No excuse, not that there would be one anyway. I've often thought it'd be clever to have an enemy in some game use an attack that destroys all time and space and purposefully freezes the game, but you're never actually supposed to let that happen! That just makes me angry.
I don't think thats intentional, seeing as how she used that move on me and I never crashed. =V

Not sure why it would crash. I mean, its hardly the most visually-intensive spell in the game...

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #655 on: February 03, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
I don't think thats intentional, seeing as how she used that move on me and I never crashed. =V

Not sure why it would crash. I mean, its hardly the most visually-intensive spell in the game...

Maybe Donut didn't tell the game he got a new computer.

nintendonut888

« Reply #656 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:38 AM »
Are you at least telling me that these freezes are rare occurences? =_= The game is hard enough without 'em.

Also, making steady progress on floor 15, I'm ignoring Orin and Mokou until I'm strong enough to hopefully curb-stomp them. Those black enemies with ludicrous defenses are annoying, because only Yugi or Patchy can kill them.

Milkyway64

« Reply #657 on: February 03, 2010, 08:35:50 AM »
Are you at least telling me that these freezes are rare occurences? =_= The game is hard enough without 'em.

You're the first case I've heard of. However, it's common for her to attack an empty slot (most always the leftmost) and crash the game there. Just keep a tank there and try not to let anyone die, which should be easy since she has horrible damage output that does nothing but drop quickly as you gain levels.

nintendonut888

« Reply #658 on: February 03, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »
Right. By the time I can last a reasonable amount of time against Yukari I should be able to take both of them down (and I suppose by that time it will be time to recruit Kaguya as well).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #659 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:30 AM »
Those black enemies with ludicrous defenses are annoying, because only Yugi or Patchy can kill them.

Autumn healer lady should be able to 1 or 2shot them actually with her single target spell, assuming you have her in your group, her aoe spell probably wont get the job done. Rumia's dark side of the moon also works.