Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222460 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #570 on: February 01, 2010, 09:08:30 PM »
Spoiler:
Yukari... that heavily depends on your party, but its around lv75~85.

I will get it down at Lv ~75, even if it kills me in the process. Might have to consider formulating a general plan first though. I know what some of the attacks are like at least.

I won't say anything about the gimmick of floor 13 since I'm just getting started, but I CAN say that the enemies on this floor are way too strong! D: Those swords can one shot even my tanks if they target the same person twice.
Chen with some speed-boosting equipment should be able to do it. Just have to be sure that she uses her ATK buff before doing so, as if memory serves that floor is where she starts needing it for even random encounters. I'm assuming Aya can do the same, as well.
Alternatively, speed up your team already. Marisa's Speed growth is great; so investing Skill Points into SPD for that little extra kick is a good idea, and pays off in the future.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #571 on: February 01, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
Just started playing this, and so far it seems pretty fun. I just finished up exploration of floor 1, and while Chen absolutely destroyed me both of the times I tried fighting her (taking out Reimu before I even get a chance to move is not very nice :(), I managed to defeat Meiling on my first try with minimal casualties (read: Marisa). I still haven't really gotten the hang of when to switch my party members around and who to give bonuses in what stat, but I guess that comes with time...

(And I assume that those two seal thingies aren't supposed to be fought until much later?)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #572 on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
Just started playing this, and so far it seems pretty fun. I just finished up exploration of floor 1, and while Chen absolutely destroyed me both of the times I tried fighting her (taking out Reimu before I even get a chance to move is not very nice :(), I managed to defeat Meiling on my first try with minimal casualties (read: Marisa). I still haven't really gotten the hang of when to switch my party members around and who to give bonuses in what stat, but I guess that comes with time...

(And I assume that those two seal thingies aren't supposed to be fought until much later?)

Break the seals anyway for lulz

« Reply #573 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
request for level up formula

The formula is the following:
ExpToLevel[level,mult]=(72*level+(level-1)(level-2)*12)*mult

Here "level" is your current level, i.e. ExpToLevel(n,m) gives the exp it takes to get to level n+1 from level n with a multiplier m. Multipliers are listed on the wiki (or you could just compute them by looking at values ingame).

The total exp needed to get to level n+1 from 1 would then be:
TotalExpToLevel[n,mult]=4(n^3+6*n^2+11*n)*mult

Yeah that's better.. the Lvl+4 and the constant are just values that contribute to their starting value, none of them change on a level basis, so per level up, all you really get is the level*growth rate.. the multiplier is gear, skillpoint level, level up bonus stats, etc.

Each level up also gives a +2% bonus to the Atk/Mag/Def/Mnd multiplier, and a +3% bonus to the HP multiplier.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:14:33 PM by Functorial »

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #574 on: February 01, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »
Well new game+ was fun, I managed to finish in 10 hours as opposed to 100 the first time.
Also, what bugs have been found in the 2.06 version? I switched to 2.06 every time I went through an event to recruit a character, and everything worked fine as far as I could tell. Anyone else doing new game+ should be able to do the same so as to not have their characters' stats get reset like I did in the beginning >:(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #575 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »
Well new game+ was fun, I managed to finish in 10 hours as opposed to 100 the first time.
Also, what bugs have been found in the 2.06 version? I switched to 2.06 every time I went through an event to recruit a character, and everything worked fine as far as I could tell. Anyone else doing new game+ should be able to do the same so as to not have their characters' stats get reset like I did in the beginning >:(
I believe it was something about EXP/SKP, oh, and items disappearing from your inventory. Its very hard to tell with FAIL google translator.

I might do New Game+ and only start with all characters unlocked, and use that to make a challenging, yet interesting party. For example, with a certain Plus Disk characters -100% debuffs and +75% party buffs, it might be feasible to use a pretty subpar party character-wise and have to do bosses fairly differently and use characters in ways they were not meant for. Which is awesome  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #576 on: February 02, 2010, 12:14:26 AM »
I believe it was something about EXP/SKP, oh, and items disappearing from your inventory. Its very hard to tell with FAIL google translator.

I might do New Game+ and only start with all characters unlocked, and use that to make a challenging, yet interesting party. For example, with a certain Plus Disk characters -100% debuffs and +75% party buffs, it might be feasible to use a pretty subpar party character-wise and have to do bosses fairly differently and use characters in ways they were not meant for. Which is awesome  :V

Haha. Well, I think starting with all my items and skill points again helped a lot, but it was probably the fact that I knew where everything was and where to go that got me through the game so much quicker.
Not having to grind at all, though, was very nice :V

Edit: I forgot to mention a while ago, anyone doing new game+ and wants their items to carry over MUST unequip EVERYTHING from all characters, or else it won't be transferred.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:22:48 AM by Tsumachi »

Demonic_Sausage

« Reply #577 on: February 02, 2010, 01:07:49 AM »
Quick question...
How do you install the nice fonts into the game instead of playing with that skinny font?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #578 on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
Quick question...
How do you install the nice fonts into the game instead of playing with that skinny font?
Either run the game in applocale, OR

Go to control panel, open Regional and Language Options, and find the setting for Non-Unicode Programs (which you set to Japanese). Its in the third tab, I believe. Then the game will use the pretty font.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Demonic_Sausage

« Reply #579 on: February 02, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »
Either run the game in applocale, OR

Go to control panel, open Regional and Language Options, and find the setting for Non-Unicode Programs (which you set to Japanese). Its in the third tab, I believe. Then the game will use the pretty font.

Cool it worked :)
Thanks for the help

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #580 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
I've always had the skinny font using applocale, and switching the non-unicode language just causes my game to crash as the title screen loads. >_>

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #581 on: February 02, 2010, 02:16:50 AM »
I've always had the skinny font using applocale, and switching the non-unicode language just causes my game to crash as the title screen loads. >_>
Maybe you don't have the pretty font installed >:

If you go in notepad or something and go to font select, is there a HGP, HGS, and HG font with lots of japanese letters after them?

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #582 on: February 02, 2010, 03:45:04 AM »
Maybe you don't have the pretty font installed >:

If you go in notepad or something and go to font select, is there a HGP, HGS, and HG font with lots of japanese letters after them?

As a matter of fact I don't. Looking into installing now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2010, 03:55:48 AM »
The formula is the following:
ExpToLevel[level,mult]=(72*level+(level-1)(level-2)*12)*mult

*tests and checks*....THATS IT! zomg you're a lifesaver,

Here "level" is your current level, i.e. ExpToLevel(n,m) gives the exp it takes to get to level n+1 from level n with a multiplier m. Multipliers are listed on the wiki (or you could just compute them by looking at values ingame).

The total exp needed to get to level n+1 from 1 would then be:
TotalExpToLevel[n,mult]=4(n^3+6*n^2+11*n)*mult

*checks*
uhhh, assuming level 5:
4(125+6*25+11*5) = 1320.
Right on, that works too!
Thanks a ton, BTW, what education level of math is that in your opinion btw. Not using the formula, but whatever you did to figure it out, or did you just find it somewhere. I guessed math 12 but I'm not sure.

Each level up also gives a +2% bonus to the Atk/Mag/Def/Mnd multiplier, and a +3% bonus to the HP multiplier.

REALLY!? I totally didn't know that. *checks*
I'm noticing something more like 3.something%....But everything else is accurate so it must be something I failed to notice/understand regarding other influences to the multiplier....

THANKS A TON though, not only did you save me alot of time trying to figure that crap out (as if I ever would), but also saved me from working on innacurate data in regards to hidden bonuses to the multiplier.

I'm going to re-read the data people posted previously, see if I misunderstood/didn't notice something in regards to the multiplier, I thought it was only the player chosen skillpoints/level up bonus/equipment stuff.

edit:
Lawl at Nintendonut's new avatar. First time I saw Yukari's portrait, I felt violated religiously. Touhou characters aren't supposed to dress like that!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:29:52 AM by Ghaleon »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2010, 03:59:38 AM »
Spoiler:
Kaguya's Foe
was p cool. Same process as the other ones. I could've gone on indefinitely. Only decided to use 6 people (that is, I never touched my other 6); 5 of the 6 that I used could take that attack, and I constantly swapped one in and out for quicker SP regen because I was spamming attack buffs (which proved to do be doing pretty much nothing but boost my healing for that battle; lol).

Spoiler:
I only used Shackles and Chen to attack. Shackles was more or less just for the occasional PAR. It still did 10k though. 6-(wo)man team consisted of Reimu, Meiling, Chen, Minoriko, Yuugi, and Ran. Still haven't raised Fire Affinity yet as well, if that matters
. Fairly slow process but hey, it works. And of course, I essentially used the same tactics for the previous 2. Guess that's why I could do the second Foe without even getting extra Lvs  :V

I probably could've done this in my with Reimu in the mid 60s. Though, it would be cutting it close, considering my current Skill Point distribution.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2010, 04:52:01 AM »
Yuyuko is hard as hell. God dammit. I think I kinda got halfway. Koi3s does wonders but Yuyuko destroys Yuugi with every attack ever. >_>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:51 AM »
Not one to fall behind Kanako (even though he'll probably beat it before me, but whatever), I'm too on floor 14 after using the wiki to get around that hateful floor 13 (it wasn't even the teleportation, it was the high encounter rate and the lack of the feeling of progress you usually get with this game). I missed a couple items and both skill point chests, but I got the most important ones. Yuyuko is XP.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #587 on: February 02, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »
First time I saw Yukari's portrait, I felt violated religiously. Touhou characters aren't supposed to dress like that!
^
Though it's more just the art looking weird than the outfit.

In other news, I found a simple way to get an accurate (within 1-2%, anyways) reading on the missing delays - it's possible to give two characters the same speed and control which one goes first (leftmost character) so the gauge stops moving right after you use the desired attack, put the mouse on the exact position the gauge stops at, and then swap the equal-speed characters and compare it to the data that's already on the wiki.  A bit crude and probably thought of before, but it's pretty useful.

nintendonut888

« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:54 AM »
Random question: I know evade doesn't work for you, but does evade play a factor with the enemy? Or is the whole "accuracy" thing completely meaningless as well?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »
Completely meaningless.  You may have noticed some attacks stating in their descriptions that they might suck due to accuracy issues (Earthlight Ray comes to mind), but everything will always hit, so it doesn't mean anything.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »
Play v1.03 if you don't mind the crucial Master Spark missing the boss.

I'm gonna look over char details again and see if delay info can be hacked.

Edit: Good news Ghaleon! The 15 addresses after char stat levels are the level up ratings for the stats. I think they are percentage representations.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:55:39 AM by Pesco »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:59 PM »
Not one to fall behind Kanako (even though he'll probably beat it before me, but whatever), I'm too on floor 14 after using the wiki to get around that hateful floor 13 (it wasn't even the teleportation, it was the high encounter rate and the lack of the feeling of progress you usually get with this game). I missed a couple items and both skill point chests, but I got the most important ones. Yuyuko is XP.
The useful items in there are Shuten-Doujin's Bangle or something, Lion King Soul, Ribbon, Holy Win, and Omoikane's Insight. The middle 3 of those are probably the most important, and especially the Ribbon.

I'd recommend to go back and wiki how to get those, if you didn't pick them up, because Lion King Soul is incredibly awesome and Ribbon/Shuttle Body are invaluable for status invulnerability on tanks(Especially Remi).

nintendonut888

« Reply #592 on: February 02, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
The only item I missed was some crystal. I got lucky and got the Lion King Soul boss drop, so of course I knew to go and get another. ;D Also that ribbon is as broken as it was in Final Fantasy.

I wonder if the game would have been harder or easier if evade worked? Certainly it's more consistent if nothing else.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:06:03 PM by nintendonut888 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #593 on: February 02, 2010, 03:10:12 PM »
I wonder if the game would have been harder or easier if evade worked? Certainly it's more consistent if nothing else.
Probably a lot harder, although character balance would be a LOT different; Chen would be near unhittable, and most fragile/less useful characters have a pretty great EVA stat. You'd have to actually pay attention to spell ACC as well.

« Reply #594 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »
Things seem to be going forward. With Meiling in my party Chen went down pretty easily, and after running around the entirety of floor 2 I have now also recruited Cirno and Minoriko, as well as beaten up one of Wriggle's bugs. Youmu seems to be more of a problem, though... Perhaps I should just level up some more?

Break the seals anyway for lulz
I would, but Reimu seems to disagree.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #595 on: February 02, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
Things seem to be going forward. With Meiling in my party Chen went down pretty easily, and after running around the entirety of floor 2 I have now also recruited Cirno and Minoriko, as well as beaten up one of Wriggle's bugs. Youmu seems to be more of a problem, though... Perhaps I should just level up some more?
A lot of people usually pick up another level or two to take down Youmu, but it shouldn't take much more.

I would, but Reimu seems to disagree.
Go for the other one, in the lower half  :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #596 on: February 02, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
Donut should be probated for using that Yukari pic as an avatar. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #597 on: February 02, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »
Donut should be probated for using that Yukari pic as an avatar. :V
Yukari started the whole incident when her level of prostitute-ness went off the charts and ripped a hole in the space-time continuum. This happening also caused her breasts to suddenly swell to the size of her head. Each.

...lolno, ANYWAY, FINALLY DONE WITH EXPLORING 18F THE SECOND TIME AUUUGH. Now for the boss, which I cannot loltenshi this time ;-;

GET IT AWAY THAT THING HAS COOTIES AUUGH MY MIIIND

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #598 on: February 02, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »
Force change Donut's avatar into 18F? y/n

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #599 on: February 02, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
Force change Donut's avatar into 18F? y/n
:V
Yessss

Although spoilers for other people etcetc but who cares about that  :V
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:22:27 PM by NeoGenesis »