Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222461 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #450 on: January 30, 2010, 09:33:24 PM »
By the by, when do I get another person with a group heal spell?
ahahaha, haahahaha... ehehehehehe, aahahaNever~<3

...*stops being mean* Yeah, the only healers are Reimu, Minoriko, and Sanae. Meiling and Rumia and Yuka have minor heals, but none of those are meant for the heal aspect. And Yuka is Plus-Disk, anyway.

There are other characters who can heal status effects and debuffs, though. Just not HP.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:37:12 PM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #451 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »
How do we new game plus, exactly?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #452 on: January 30, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
How do we new game plus, exactly?
The person said it was by beating the Plus-Disk Final Boss. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually normal Final Boss v2, or the really big fancy dangerous looking boss on 30F that doesn't require nearly as much grinding. But it's likely the Plus Disk Final that only true fans/cheaters will beat.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #453 on: January 30, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
ahahaha, haahahaha... ehehehehehe, aahahaNever~<3

...*stops being mean* Yeah, the only healers are Reimu, Minoriko, and Sanae. Meiling and Rumia and Yuka have minor heals, but none of those are meant for the heal aspect. And Yuka is Plus-Disk, anyway.

There are other characters who can heal status effects and debuffs, though. Just not HP.

Meilin's heals are worth mentioning IMO. Colorful rain  is big obviously (assuming you boost her attack once in awhile), and her cure/heal is actually useful in the sense that she's a tank. I mean, its sp cost is small, and its delay isn't bad, it's not bad given it's either that or do pretty much nothing. Besides, it's pretty much a heal to full spell for low hp characters like patchy.

but yeah,  not healers for you, you forgot Eirin btw. She doesn't have a group heal either though.

Milkyway64

« Reply #454 on: January 30, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
The person said it was by beating the Plus-Disk Final Boss. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually normal Final Boss v2, or the really big fancy dangerous looking boss on 30F that doesn't require nearly as much grinding. But it's likely the Plus Disk Final that only true fans/cheaters will beat.

Neither worked. Hax'd flandre 1 shotted both, and nothing new happened.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #455 on: January 30, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »

Oh god no.

Seriously, anybody know what new game+ does EXACTLY? I really really want the following:
1: start the game over with all your characters available right at the start at level 1 and skilllevel 1, with your exp and skillpoints reimbursed to spend as you please.

I doubt that's the case, but I really need that for data collection purposes.

Are any of the cheaters able to do that? (floor exploration doesn't matter). The reason why is because I'm trying to solve the mystery that is skill point costs for each character, and I don't really want to play thru the whole game again just to see those stats for each character. It's SUPER important that the bonus stats you pick when you level up are reset back to 0 too, or else results for other things will be skewed alot.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #456 on: January 30, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »
Neither worked. Hax'd flandre 1 shotted both, and nothing new happened.
And you did this using 2.06? Did you try using 2.06 while you fought the boss?

Seriously, anybody know what new game+ does EXACTLY? I really really want the following:
1: start the game over with all your characters available right at the start at level 1 and skilllevel 1, with your exp and skillpoints reimbursed to spend as you please.

I think the person said you can choose between the things you want on New Game+, including
>Carrying over items
>Carrying over levels
>Carrying over skillpoints
>Starting with all characters unlocked
With the way he said it, I'm pretty sure he meant you can pick yes/no on these. Starting with all characters would be pretty interesting (And
Spoiler:
Renko's
-100%ATK/DEF/MAG/MND debuff would be incredibly hax)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #457 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
Oh god no.

Are any of the cheaters able to do that? (floor exploration doesn't matter). The reason why is because I'm trying to solve the mystery that is skill point costs for each character, and I don't really want to play thru the whole game again just to see those stats for each character. It's SUPER important that the bonus stats you pick when you level up are reset back to 0 too, or else results for other things will be skewed alot.

What sort of cheating do you need done? Sunday is gonna be slow at work and I could try zip through the game without bothering to gain Exp and leveling.

Milkyway64

« Reply #458 on: January 30, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
And you did this using 2.06? Did you try using 2.06 while you fought the boss?

Yep. Text reverted to Japanese and everything.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #459 on: January 30, 2010, 10:18:44 PM »
Yep. Text reverted to Japanese and everything.
Well... I don't know then. Maybe the New Game+ button is in some strange spot (Maybe in Akyu's House?), or maybe it's glitched and isn't working. Or maybe you need to get every single Star or something, I think there is 8 of them.

And just to make sure, you saved the game after killing the boss? Because you'd have to do that if its in the game start menu.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:23:49 PM by NeoGenesis »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »
What sort of cheating do you need done? Sunday is gonna be slow at work and I could try zip through the game without bothering to gain Exp and leveling.

That's pretty time consuming, I wouldn't really like inflicting that upon someone.

But as I said, a save file with every character unlocked, all at level 1, with skill levels at 1, with no stats upped from level up bonus thiniges (being at level 1 might be a given but if you were at level 500, and cheated your level back down to 1, it might not revert that, I don't know), and with loads of exp and skillpoints to spend. By loads, it doesn't have to be enough to be level 1000 or whatever. I just mean enough so that I can level up each character and their stats by enough so that round-off error will be minimal.

The reason why is because as I said, I noticed skill point costs are NOT proportionate the the character's stat growth/base stats. It will also make figuring out enemy mnd and defense much easier.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »
8)

Sanae's been taken home. As I thought, It was just a problem of raising everyone's endurance. Moriya's Iron Ring paralyzing at a good rate also helped. Time to see how she is. Minoriko's heal is godly, but I'd rather have a healer who can actually attack.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2010, 10:35:32 PM »
8)

Sanae's been taken home. As I thought, It was just a problem of raising everyone's endurance. Moriya's Iron Ring paralyzing at a good rate also helped. Time to see how she is. Minoriko's heal is godly, but I'd rather have a healer who can actually attack.
Bu-but... Minoriko still has MND-piercing for those annoying Blackenmels and Helbelmares and other things...

Eheh, I used Sanae the first time through as well. Her added capabilities are really nifty, I mean, Miracle Froot kicks ass. I'm really lovin' Minoriko after keeping her this time though.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2010, 10:38:17 PM »
Bu-but... Minoriko still has MND-piercing for those annoying Blackenmels and Helbelmares and other things...

Eheh, I used Sanae the first time through as well. Her added capabilities are really nifty, I mean, Miracle Froot kicks ass. I'm really lovin' Minoriko after keeping her this time though.

Donut has not had the "pleasure" of meeting such enemies yet.

When I first got Sanae I really was looking forward to using her, I mean she had an attack all spirit nuke (rare early game), a great buff, a great heal, curing capability. Her stats even seemed pretty ok. But as I've said numerous times, she dissapoints me because I find her usefulness to bosses is pretty much limited to getting 1shot before long by some move which doesn't really 1shot anybody else, even the notoriously squishy.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2010, 10:44:08 PM »
That's pretty time consuming, I wouldn't really like inflicting that upon someone.

But as I said, a save file with every character unlocked, all at level 1, with skill levels at 1, with no stats upped from level up bonus thiniges (being at level 1 might be a given but if you were at level 500, and cheated your level back down to 1, it might not revert that, I don't know), and with loads of exp and skillpoints to spend. By loads, it doesn't have to be enough to be level 1000 or whatever. I just mean enough so that I can level up each character and their stats by enough so that round-off error will be minimal.

The reason why is because as I said, I noticed skill point costs are NOT proportionate the the character's stat growth/base stats. It will also make figuring out enemy mnd and defense much easier.

I'll tell you something about the levels. It's the only thing that determines how much exp it costs to gain the levelup bonus. I tried adjusting a character's level to see what it did to their base stats, no change. Stats can be meddled with individually. So I can jot down some character's starting stats, hack it to sky high, zip through the game gaining no exp and we've got all the figures we need.

Milkyway64

« Reply #465 on: January 30, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
Found it. You simply start a new game and answer yes/no questions after the opening. First choice is character, last is items (I think).

So now I have a starting party of characters who can only use one move before needing to focus.  :V

« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »
Sanae is worse as a healer (not so much because of the amount her heal restores, but because Minoriko can get like 33% more heals in during the same amount of time), but she tends to survive slightly better and has more utility via debuff removal and a better support spell.  Her offense is better but attacking is less attractive when you could be using Miracle Fruit to give a significant damage boost to someone like Patchouli.

I found focusing on speed with her level ups/equipment to be the most effective.  Yasaka's Divine Wind tends to be a full heal on anyone not named Komachi, and she has sufficient survivability/sp with moderate skill point investment, so speed is her main weakness.  Or rather, delays are her main weakness, but boosting speed is the best way of getting around that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:30:38 AM by Fishin »

nintendonut888

« Reply #467 on: January 31, 2010, 01:47:10 AM »
Yes, I've noticed that it's three speed boosts to a speed point with her, and added accordingly.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #468 on: January 31, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »
Found it. You simply start a new game and answer yes/no questions after the opening. First choice is character, last is items (I think).

So now I have a starting party of characters who can only use one move before needing to focus.  :V
Are you playing the New Game+ on the japanese version 2.06, or did you just save and start it on 2.04?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #469 on: January 31, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »

You start with 12 instead of 5 though, so you can nuke, swap, repeat whereas otherwise you could not >=).

Having Flan around for those foe fights should make them much easier though >=P.

Gah, I'm jealous, need to start a 3rd game with those characters!

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #470 on: January 31, 2010, 02:27:54 AM »
Be careful when re-recruiting characters in New Game+, if you do it in 2.04 it resets their stats back to level 1 :-[

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #471 on: January 31, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
Be careful when re-recruiting characters in New Game+, if you do it in 2.04 it resets their stats back to level 1 :-[

That kinda stinks for bosses you are forced to recruit.

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #472 on: January 31, 2010, 02:35:42 AM »
That kinda stinks for bosses you are forced to recruit.
I just save, go fight them in 2.06, save again, then go back to 2.04 :V
I guess it's kinda lucky I was using Cirno when I fought her, otherwise I would have been screwed out of several more characters (I already lost Meiling, Chen, Cirno, and Youmu).
I would have cried if I lost Alice.

Jyazen

« Reply #473 on: January 31, 2010, 03:08:04 AM »
Just reached the Plus Disk, yay  :V

Or as Plus Disk as I can get before I hit the "you need 3 star" road block. Sigh... guess I have more work to do. No problem, I did survive until the Plus Disk after all.  ;D

Just one minor question to the more experienced people:
Is there a limit to Element Affinity? I've been raising Affinity a lot (especially on the nearly no DEF/MND girls) and is now at 300-ish affinity on some, with it being 500-600-ish with items. Was just wondering if there's a max so I won't waste my preciousssss SP if it, say, maxes out at 500 or something.

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #474 on: January 31, 2010, 03:10:46 AM »

Or as Plus Disk as I can get before I hit the "you need 3 star" road block. Sigh... guess I have more work to do. No problem, I did survive until the Plus Disk after all.  ;D

Just one minor question to the more experienced people:
Is there a limit to Element Affinity? I've been raising Affinity a lot (especially on the nearly no DEF/MND girls) and is now at 300-ish affinity on some, with it being 500-600-ish with items. Was just wondering if there's a max so I won't waste my preciousssss SP if it, say, maxes out at 500 or something.
No max, but at some point it becomes so expensive to raise them that it's simply impractical.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #475 on: January 31, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »

I find the plus disk to be dissapointing comapred to the original game. Too much grinding required, yes, required. Not to mention there is virtually no story, in addition, the gear, exp, and skillpoint values in all the new content is really screwed up. They really didn't put the same level of effort in having everything balanced in the plus disk IMO. Still though, the game is so good it's still fun anyway. Plus the joinable characters are kinda unique.

nintendonut888

« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00:26 AM »
So, do I have this right? Due to the way floor 12 is set up, I have to find and deactivate every switch in one sitting without a relay point...do I have that right?

Oooh boy. This is gonna suck.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2010, 04:03:44 AM »
So, do I have this right? Due to the way floor 12 is set up, I have to find and deactivate every switch in one sitting without a relay point...do I have that right?

Oooh boy. This is gonna suck.
For one switch (I think Green) you have to deactivate and reactivate; and if you want to get Tenshi after finishing this part, deactivate it again before leaving to Gensokyo. After that though, unless you missed a Flandre meeting or Sake shard or the first and easiest Lock, you won't need to mess with switches anymore.

nintendonut888

« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2010, 04:07:58 AM »
Wait...what? You lost me. D: I just can't help but notice that once you leave, you have to reactivate every switch to gain access to the area beyond the three barriers. So I have to reactivate it...?

@_@

Sanayoulostme.jpg

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #479 on: January 31, 2010, 04:13:01 AM »
Wait...what? You lost me. D: I just can't help but notice that once you leave, you have to reactivate every switch to gain access to the area beyond the three barriers. So I have to reactivate it...?

@_@

Sanayoulostme.jpg
Err, sorry. You'll figure it out yourself before long. Besides, since you aren't planning on doing post-game stuff it doesn't matter too much if you miss a character (although the boss fights are fun).

Anyway, very near the 12F relay point is a switch to turn on all three switches, so you can go through the triple barrier. It won't turn them all off if you hit it again, by the way.