Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222464 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #390 on: January 29, 2010, 01:28:55 AM »
So I have since discovered that the skillpoint cost to increase each characters stats seems completely arbitrary, and cannot be derived from their base stats or their stat growth. For example, cirno, despite being slower than chen, remi, marisa, etc. Pays less skillpoints to raise her speed level than the faster characters. This is not a weird exception, I have seen numerous wonky examples. for example, 3 of the plus disk characters have the exact same base stat and growth for mag, (or was it atk?), two of them pay the same cost for skillpoints to increase that stat, another character seems to have to pay roughly 10% more for seemingly no reason however.

Has anybody found some kinda info page regarding how skillpoint costs are calculated or whatever? If not, don't worry about it, it'll just be nice to know if someone found one already though.

« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2010, 02:18:59 AM »
IMO, 12F one is easier. Just keep a 97~100% MAG buffed Marisa in the back row, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to also have some SPD buff... once the boss uses Resurrection, if you can't get a Master Spark off before her next turn, you basically lose.

Well, Meiling actually can survive that if she must, but you really need a Master Spark that does at least 80k damage or its nearly impossible to win.
It might be easier to prep Meiling (and maybe another tank) to survive, because after Resurrection she gets half her gauge back, while after she uses her big move it empties entirely, giving more time to nuke her.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2010, 03:04:18 AM »
So I just went through the utter stupidity that is floor 7, tripped literally every teleporter on the map outside of the 12 teleporter guessing game on the left (I somehow guessed it my second try), get to the boss, and...WTF he's ridiculous. Is there some way to keep him from killing everyone so quickly? I've managed to keep alive for a time by debuffing his magic with Alice's Seeker Wire before she gets killed and constantly using Colorful Rain with Meiling to keep her alive, but he always outlasts me. How much health does he have anyway?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2010, 03:07:04 AM »
So I just went through the utter stupidity that is floor 7, tripped literally every teleporter on the map outside of the 12 teleporter guessing game on the left (I somehow guessed it my second try), get to the boss, and...WTF he's ridiculous. Is there some way to keep him from killing everyone so quickly? I've managed to keep alive for a time by debuffing his magic with Alice's Seeker Wire before she gets killed and constantly using Colorful Rain with Meiling to keep her alive, but he always outlasts me. How much health does he have anyway?
The dangerous part is the Flowing Hellfire done about very 3 moves. Try not to let important damage dealers still be out when it is preformed, and make sure your tanks have the HP to live through the next one. All other attacks should be pretty minor.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2010, 03:23:10 AM »
The problem is that by the time I've healed tank girl/Meiling and switched my damage dealers back out, the next Flowing Hellfire is already on its way. The only way to make this easier is for Cirno to debuff his speed, but she gets one shotted by Flowing Hellfire due to her poor fire resistance.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
Does anyone know what the formula for SP recovery is? sp recover % x2 apparently
I'm wrecking with
Spoiler:
Shiki
since I overbuffed her speed to compensate for her ridiculous spell delays, and equipped her with equipment that gives her 76% recovery...but the regen is still not so good :(

Also, what's the recommended level for the final boss?
I'd like to beat it regularly before I go wild with CE.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:42:51 AM by Tsumachi »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2010, 03:34:56 AM »
The problem is that by the time I've healed tank girl/Meiling and switched my damage dealers back out, the next Flowing Hellfire is already on its way. The only way to make this easier is for Cirno to debuff his speed, but she gets one shotted by Flowing Hellfire due to her poor fire resistance.
The moment after a Flowing Hellfire is done, you don't have much to worry about; switch in Minoriko or Reimu and a big damage dealer (hay Patchy) instantly. If your second spot is taken with Remi, she is a good source of passive damage with her spears, as long as she doesn't need to focus or switch someone out. Increasing your tanks FIR resistance with equips is helpful, if doing so is needed.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:21 AM »
Yeah, I just beat him. Now that I know that Flowing Hellfire comes at a predictable rate, I switched Minoriko, Patchy (until she got one-shotted by a tackle but what else is new), Marisa and Cirno while Meiling and Yugi sucked up the damage and Reimu and Alice could survive a hit with Great Hakurei Barrier. Onto the next floor. o/

...Please tell me that this is the only teleporter puzzle floor, because that was just retarded.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #398 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
Yeah, I just beat him. Now that I know that Flowing Hellfire comes at a predictable rate, I switched Minoriko, Patchy (until she got one-shotted by a tackle but what else is new), Marisa and Cirno while Meiling and Yugi sucked up the damage and Reimu and Alice could survive a hit with Great Hakurei Barrier. Onto the next floor. o/

...Please tell me that this is the only teleporter puzzle floor, because that was just retarded.
17F.

13F involves teleporting but in a completely different manner.

And both can just be cheesed through with the wiki, although if you don't explore most of the floor afterwards then you'll just end up grinding to make up for it. You'll probably find the 10~12F puzzle and 18F more annoying, anyway  :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2010, 04:07:55 AM »
donut, I would reccomend spending into Fire Affinity on your chars as Fire is 1 of the most used elements overall, the next closest for what I have seen would be Mystic and Wind. The other 3 are lesser in usage in comparison, with Ice being rare compared to Fire >_>

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2010, 07:29:32 AM »
donut, I would reccomend spending into Fire Affinity on your chars as Fire is 1 of the most used elements overall, the next closest for what I have seen would be Mystic and Wind. The other 3 are lesser in usage in comparison, with Ice being rare compared to Fire >_>
I haven't started Affinity boosting yet. Should I have started already?

Well, Meiling actually can survive that if she must, but you really need a Master Spark that does at least 80k damage or its nearly impossible to win.
http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/12/80/32/92/untitl10.jpg (end team spoilers, etc.)

Only
Spoiler:
Eirin
was KO'd from a 2k hit as the weak (Meiling) heal only brought her up to 1.8k. I was still sitting on Lv64 when I did this. A "Full Power" (+80% obv) Spark did ~75k
Spoiler:
And I thought I "overbuffed" Marisa already, with MAG at Lv60 at that point
. I did not use any form of slow debuff (e.g. Icicle Fall). I did not use any PAR (rather high PAR resist).

Yeah, I would've been quite screwed if that didn't KO, fortunately I got another hit in for 25k before Resurrection came, which probably helped. Should the battle have kept going, I would've most likely do an all or nothing with Meiling controlled the Battle Count / CT and swapped Chen in to clean up. It would've been an extra 30k damage if that were the case. In other words, a solid, yet flawed victory.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
Which addresses do you need? I've got current skill points pool, exp gain, skill points gain, all the items and encounter rate. You can fiddle with precise stats on a character, their affinities and resists.

All I need is encounter rate since I'm having little luck with it right now. x.x Everything else I want I figured out.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »

Nature becomes a commonly faced element later on, more common than Wind iirc.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »
Ok... I am confused, where do I get that >_>... actually, so we don't clutter the topic/get on a mods bad side, just PM me the details.
I, uh...can't seem to send PMs, likely a restriction on new members, so I'll have to just post it here.

Website is http://www.cheatengine.org/ (it's free and legal so I don't think any mods would have a problem with it).  Once it's downloaded and installed, open it and follow the instructions from my earlier post and use the addresses from Matsuri's Rabbit's post (both on page 13).

I think you have it reversed... I beat the latter far before I beat the former. You just have to know her signal and be able to prep to survive the big attack, then shoot her down with Marisa's Spark and any other heavy-hitting attack you have available to you now that her gauge is empty.

Former is pretty tough until you have a decent amount of MDef and anti-DTH status on your team, and even then if you're not training a good amount of physical fighters you could be in trouble (as Patchy and Marisa are the only magic powerhouses who can reliably break her obscene Mdef).

Spoiler:
Yuyuko is slightly more dangerous offensively, but she has a lot less durability than Mokou and if you get her paralyzed, it's easy to bring in a couple of physical attackers and hit her very hard.  Patchouli with a Ring of Hades will survive almost anything Yuyuko throws at her since IIRC her attacks are all magic.  The battle with Mokou is a lot longer and consequently there's a lot more chances to slip up and let a character die, and she uses physical attacks occasionally too so you can't simply get by on high MND.

That's all just personal experience/opinion though, I think they're both meant to be fought at around the same level.  I just had more difficulty with
Spoiler:
Mokou

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #404 on: January 29, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
The address for encounters is in the previous thread. Someplace between page 19 and 26 IIRC. Do a text search for my name, the post with a single line of spoiler'd text is the one.

« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »
Nature becomes a commonly faced element later on, more common than Wind iirc.

Nature is dangerous because a number of sigil bosses uses it. There's earthquake too and nature is probably the most important one to raise. Other then a few small cases, fire is usually easy to deal with.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2010, 07:20:25 PM »
Kay, finished fixing my computer back up (I think.), and also found out how to make thLaby use the really pretty font that it comes with! Instead of the first and really skinny one it comes with, that is. The one that makes the game look waaay better x3

Basically, you just have to have Japanese Locale activated. Either with Applocale, or set your computer's secondary to Japanese in the third (third on XP, at least) tab in "Regional and Language Options" inside the Windows Control Panel. You know, that "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" thingy.

Doing so also means Danmakufu and such will work all the time, so it's pretty nifty.

Anyway, now to finally get back to 16F... whew!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:25:46 PM by NeoGenesis »

« Reply #407 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
Nature is dangerous because a number of sigil bosses uses it. There's earthquake too and nature is probably the most important one to raise. Other then a few small cases, fire is usually easy to deal with.
Out of curiosity, are attacks like Huge Earthquake magical, physical, or composite?

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #408 on: January 29, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »
The address for encounters is in the previous thread. Someplace between page 19 and 26 IIRC. Do a text search for my name, the post with a single line of spoiler'd text is the one.

I haven't been able to find the thread. Any idea how to effectively scan the encounter rate? I think I need to scan the hidden value and not the shown one.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
down, with
Spoiler:
Eirin
KO'd... again. This time, from a measly 650 damage (current HP was 630). I blame my poor judgment and thought, yeah, she'll take the next hit fine after a buff.

Not to mention the sheer number of restarts because
Spoiler:
"SFN" kept instakilling once certain person with a DTH Resist of 32. Oddly enough, nobody else got instakilled even with 32s, it was just this one poor excuse of a person
Spoiler:
Stupid meat shield  :V

Now, regarding which one of the "two" is easier (12F vs 14F), I'd say they're about the same.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #410 on: January 29, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
What. The. Fuck.

How much health does Suwako have?! I must have done over 150000 damage and she wouldn't die!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #411 on: January 29, 2010, 11:42:54 PM »
Spoiler:
180k+?

Also, I believe a spoiler tag is necessary  :V
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #412 on: January 29, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »
Yeah, well screw her, I'm going to come back later and THEN we'll see who's the wall of punishment after I'm a few levels higher. The only other thing left to do on floor 8 is kill the last two spirits so I can take Komachi home.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
Yeah, well screw her, I'm going to come back later and THEN we'll see who's the wall of punishment after I'm a few levels higher. The only other thing left to do on floor 8 is kill the last two spirits so I can take Komachi home.

Trust me she can be annoying. You can have a battle going perfectly fine then all of a sudden, one attack from her paralyzes your entire party then kills everyone on the next one.

Yeah, it happened to me, and I managed to paralyze her every time..

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #414 on: January 30, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »
Go get
Spoiler:
Suwako
once you get stuck at the 12f trio.
The exp from all the exploring 10-12f requires will put you at a high enough level to not have problems.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #415 on: January 30, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
That's overdoing it a bit too much IMO. Finishing off 9F should be plenty if you play right.

Going through 10-12F would give you waaaay too much, and that also means that you would be getting
Spoiler:
Sanae
much too late as well; the boost of EXP does help for her.

Also, done the special 7F encounter yet? If not, then it's an excuse to grind. If so, then done the same for 8F after touching the new 7F event?
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »
What special encounter? Come on, don't be shy with those spoiler tags. I have explored every nook and cranny of floor 7 and have no intention of going back unless I know for sure there's something there.

Anyway, got Komachi. I have to say, having prodigious amounts of health is one way to be a tank, but the fact that her defenses suck and the whole "healing" of someone with that much health is worrisome.

Also, I assume that bosses have an immunity to death, huh? :<

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2010, 12:24:13 AM »
What special encounter? Come on, don't be shy with those spoiler tags. I have explored every nook and cranny of floor 7 and have no intention of going back unless I know for sure there's something there.

Anyway, got Komachi. I have to say, having prodigious amounts of health is one way to be a tank, but the fact that her defenses suck and the whole "healing" of someone with that much health is worrisome.

Also, I assume that bosses have an immunity to death, huh? :<
Of course they have immunity to DTH... what is this, Final Fantasy?  :V

Minoriko shouldn't have as much trouble with healing Komachi as you think, but don't expect full heals without a MAG buff. Komachi is also great against bosses for her Narrow Confines of Avici, that and her massive HP is what makes her useful.

Also, the 7F encounter is with
Spoiler:
Nitori
Spoiler:
. After you fight her in a random encounter (NOT an event), a new event with her will appear. The same will happen in 8F afterwards, and then she appears as an optional boss in the veryvery beginning of 9F (a quite difficult boss).

nintendonut888

« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2010, 12:27:26 AM »
Oh yes, I've just returned from getting my ass kicked by her. Like I said, I tripped every individual teleporter on the map that wasn't the 12 in a vertical row since I already found the right one.

Ya know...I think I'm just going to avoid these bosses and go explore floor 9 now. Also, is Sanae good once I get her? And how soon is it before I get 20 characters...?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2010, 12:34:41 AM »
Oh yes, I've just returned from getting my ass kicked by her. Like I said, I tripped every individual teleporter on the map that wasn't the 12 in a vertical row since I already found the right one.

Ya know...I think I'm just going to avoid these bosses and go explore floor 9 now. Also, is Sanae good once I get her? And how soon is it before I get 20 characters...?
After you get Suwako and Nitori and beat the 9F mandatory boss (not hard to do, much easier then either of the former), then you can go fight for Sanae. Although, you probably won't win until after you've been doing 10~12F.

Sanae is like an alternative to Minoriko.
Slightly higher DEF/lower MND
Normalish attacking skill damage but no MND-piercing unlike Minoriko
Much weaker heal (still good healing) but it removes all debuffs/status affects
Buff boosts all stats by 35% instead of MND/DEF by 50%(I think Minoriko's is 50%, at least)
And keep in mind all of her attacks and her heal/buff have MUCH worse delays then Minoriko.

Oh, and her affinities are all average-ish instead of Minoriko's really high NTR/WND and low FIR/CLD.

Either works well, originally people recommended Sanae and now they recommend Minoriko.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:36:34 AM by NeoGenesis »