Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222460 times)

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2010, 05:06:12 AM »
I honestly hate the 22F boss... it LOVES to use Destroy Magic to NO end, like every 3-4 turns.
Spoiler:
Which Sigil Guardian must I kill to gain entry to 26F? Baal Avatar(21F Sigil) or Super-Freaky-Alien(22F Sigil). Also where is the last of the 4 Sigil guardian? Baal Avatar on 21F, Alien-thingie on 22F and the Flame Tyrant on 24F, but I KNOW there is 1 more Guardian somewhere.

Oh yeah Tsumachi... xD Yeah... assuming you mean the trash/randoms on 30F.

Fern guardian is on 26F, in the area unlocked after Baal avatar is defeated I believe.

The wiki doesn't have enough information. :( I want to know how much health Yugi has. I'm pretty sure I was close to beating her, but in this game you could be one hit away from victory and not know it.

She has 60k hp. Did you get her to the point where she starts OHKOing you with knockout in three steps?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:08:19 AM by Tsumachi »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »
Yep. If Patchy's SP recovery weren't so terrible I may have been able to outlast her. Also how did you know that? Is there an information resource other than the wiki?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2010, 05:29:18 AM »
Yep. If Patchy's SP recovery weren't so terrible I may have been able to outlast her. Also how did you know that? Is there an information resource other than the wiki?
I used Google Translate the Japanese Wiki.

« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »
Then just when you think you're powerful enough to handle all that, she gets ANOTHER big nuke which completely ignores your defense and omgwtfcreams your entire party for like 60k (and no, it's not a "kill me before I cast this dps race" type spell, it's just casted randomly fairly regularly). so yeah, she's a bish.

Her behavior isn't completely random. She uses this uber attack as soon as she gets down to 4 million hp, so it's possible if you're counting to kill her before then. The problem is, she's so damn fast that it proved impossible for me to set up that sort of damage without getting really lucky. I ended up using 7F and 15F to ride it out.

Spoiler:
Yes, that's right. I used Flandre to tank Giga Flare. Her high hp comes in handy sometimes!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2010, 06:58:14 AM »
donut, Yuugi seems(key word, seems) to ONLY target whoever is on the far Left/furthest left so your biggest tanks should of course, be placed on the left. Also due to her sheer power, you just need to KO her asap, Wriggle helps I think, with her Comet on Earth. Also, how much SP do Marisa and Patchy have on your file?

nintendonut888

« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »
Just beat Yuugi. ;D I saw that she only targeted those people, but I had to rely on her not using any of her OHKO moves on them to stall her out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #366 on: January 28, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
71/100

Lv7220~ish.

This is taking way shorter than it should, now. idgi.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #367 on: January 28, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
71/100

Lv7220~ish.

This is taking way shorter than it should, now. idgi.

When you finish, put your save file on megaupload. I'd LOVE to watch numbers incapable of fitting on the screen show up after an attack, but not willing to sped 1000 hours working for it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
When you finish, put your save file on megaupload. I'd LOVE to watch numbers incapable of fitting on the screen show up after an attack, but not willing to sped 1000 hours working for it.

If you want to see it for yourself, just hack it in. It's really not that hard just to edit the address values, as the only things you really need to change are level values, multipliers, and that's it. The save files work with your levels, and then generate everything else on the fly. Or you can ask around for CE stuff to increase EXP by a shitton and just do it from there.

« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »
Question about the 12F fight, since I'm writing the wiki guide on it.
Spoiler:
Does Kaguya only use Buddha's Stone Bowl if you debuff her?  Judging by the rest of the topic the answer is yes but I don't have a save file at the battle so I can't test again.

« Reply #370 on: January 28, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
Question about the 12F fight, since I'm writing the wiki guide on it.
Spoiler:
Does Kaguya only use Buddha's Stone Bowl if you debuff her?  Judging by the rest of the topic the answer is yes but I don't have a save file at the battle so I can't test again.

3 or more debuffs on all of them total. So SPD Down + ATK Down on one won't trigger, SPD Down on two different ones won't trigger, but SPD Down on all three will.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #371 on: January 28, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »
If you want to see it for yourself, just hack it in. It's really not that hard just to edit the address values, as the only things you really need to change are level values, multipliers, and that's it. The save files work with your levels, and then generate everything else on the fly. Or you can ask around for CE stuff to increase EXP by a shitton and just do it from there.

...I would so love to hack this game right about now, even if I only change the amount of skill points I currently have/will get from battle. x___x

nintendonut888

« Reply #372 on: January 28, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
You know what I like about Yugi? The part where she can deal nearly 1000 damage with the attack function. ;D Horrible magic defense though.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #373 on: January 28, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
You know what I like about Yugi? The part where she can deal nearly 1000 damage with the attack function. ;D Horrible magic defense though.

That's pretty much what Yuugi is. A hard-hitting physical tank who gets flagellated badly by magic.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

...I would so love to hack this game right about now, even if I only change the amount of skill points I currently have/will get from battle. x___x

Which addresses do you need? I've got current skill points pool, exp gain, skill points gain, all the items and encounter rate. You can fiddle with precise stats on a character, their affinities and resists.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #375 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »
Which addresses do you need? I've got current skill points pool, exp gain, skill points gain, all the items and encounter rate. You can fiddle with precise stats on a character, their affinities and resists.

I would like to know about these ;D I would only want it to get past this massive grind wall though...

Spoiler:
Sikieiki... She is wtfomghax powerful...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »
I would like to know about these ;D I would only want it to get past this massive grind wall though...

Spoiler:
SKP pool 00121F98
SKP gain 0011CBA8
Exp gain 0011CBA4

nintendonut888

« Reply #377 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »
I have just learned that Hibachi is an optional boss in this game.

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED? >:( Hell, that almost makes me want to play the add-on once I beat the main game...almost.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #378 on: January 28, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
Speaking of which, killing the floor 30 final boss is really, really disappointing. I hacked F15 girl's stats to seven digits of 9 and basically 2-shotted him. We get five bubbles or so of dialogue after that, tl;dr, says "Whoa, he was strong. Too bad he'll keep coming back to get whooped by us!"

My personal recomendation is that floor 20 is your end game. This game is absolutely incredible up to then. Final Boss ver.2 should be your super boss, since she's very tough as is. Anything harder is just a grind wall that puts floor 16 and 18 to shame, not to mention 12. And when you finally get past that grind wall, there isn't even any reward. No plot twists, no closure, nothing. Just more and more stuff to spend time on.

With that out of the way, I'm starting a second playthrough using characters I neglected the first time around. ;D

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #379 on: January 28, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED? >:(
Because you're supposed to find out on your own, obviously.

:baitydwi:

What exactly should I be getting around to doing when making it to 14/15F? I know that
Spoiler:
Mokou is harassing Kaguya on 12F; tried and nearly made it
(OM NOM NOM NOM NOM),
Spoiler:
Yuyuko is sitting around, with Orin to come after defeating Yuyuko (but I haven't tried again since the first meeting, and dying on the first turn  :V)
Spoiler:
2 Sigil Guardians are around 14F; one was pulverized into the ground quite easily (as I stated before), the other one was healing waaaay too fast (and a lot per turn) for me to kill
, and
Spoiler:
Flan(maybe?)
on 15F (didn't want to risk touching the event).

I'm aware that the
Spoiler:
2 Sigil Guardians
play a role on 15F.

Oh, and Reimu Lv63 now. I think I should take another shot at
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
. Think.

<grinding for -floor->
Really?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #380 on: January 28, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »
Pesco, Where would I input those? I am neigh on useless for this sort of stuff >_>

« Reply #381 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
Hey, I had to grind for floor 12's boss too  :V

What exactly should I be getting around to doing when making it to 14/15F? I know that
Spoiler:
Mokou is harassing Kaguya on 12F; tried and nearly made it
(OM NOM NOM NOM NOM),
Spoiler:
Yuyuko is sitting around, with Orin to come after defeating Yuyuko (but I haven't tried again since the first meeting, and dying on the first turn  :V)
Spoiler:
2 Sigil Guardians are around 14F; one was pulverized into the ground quite easily (as I stated before), the other one was healing waaaay too fast (and a lot per turn) for me to kill
, and
Spoiler:
Flan(maybe?)
on 15F (didn't want to risk touching the event).

I'm aware that the
Spoiler:
2 Sigil Guardians
play a role on 15F.

Oh, and Reimu Lv63 now. I think I should take another shot at
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
. Think.

Floor 15 is basically a long, winding maze with a couple sigils that lead to treasure or the rest of the sigil guards.  Only one of the 14F sigil bosses is needed to progress but I don't know offhand which one it is.  There's a sizable amount of exploration you can do without beating either, though.

You should have a good chance of beating
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
, but I wouldn't go for
Spoiler:
Mokou
yet.

3 or more debuffs on all of them total. So SPD Down + ATK Down on one won't trigger, SPD Down on two different ones won't trigger, but SPD Down on all three will.

Thanks, that helps a lot.
Where would I input those? I am neigh on useless for this sort of stuff >_>

Once Cheat Engine is installed
- Click the computer shaped button in the upper left, and select thlabyrinth.exe from the list of programs
- Click the button on the right labelled "add address manually"
- Paste the address (the ones you'll probably want to use are EXP gain and either SP gain, the current values on both should be 0), and name it so you know what it is
- Get into a random battle, win it, get to the EXP screen but don't press Z to add your exp/skill points yet
- The skill point gain and experience gain fields should change to reflect the exp/sp you got from the current battle
- Double click the numbers in CheatEngine, change them to whatever you like, then go back to the game and press Z to get your boosted exp/sp
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:13:37 AM by Fishin »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #382 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
Cheat Engine

Ok... I am confused, where do I get that >_>... actually, so we don't clutter the topic/get on a mods bad side, just PM me the details.

« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
, but I wouldn't go for
Spoiler:
Mokou
yet.
I think you have it reversed... I beat the latter far before I beat the former. You just have to know her signal and be able to prep to survive the big attack, then shoot her down with Marisa's Spark and any other heavy-hitting attack you have available to you now that her gauge is empty.

Former is pretty tough until you have a decent amount of MDef and anti-DTH status on your team, and even then if you're not training a good amount of physical fighters you could be in trouble (as Patchy and Marisa are the only magic powerhouses who can reliably break her obscene Mdef).

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:57 PM »
The wiki doesn't have enough information. :( I want to know how much health Yugi has. I'm pretty sure I was close to beating her, but in this game you could be one hit away from victory and not know it.
I wouldn't fight her until exploring at least most of 6F, which also means discovering all 3 of the stairs to said floor. She only targets one character at once, and almost always the leftmost slot; throwing Meiling there and having Minoriko buff her up is very helpful, since Meiling shouldn't die in that case until Yuugi starts spamming KO3S.

And the wiki is mostly just useful for 13F and recruited character information; every single character except the very last one in Plus-Disk has been filled in completely.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:40 PM »
Now that I'm almost strong enough to beat the last boss, I realized I won't have anything to do after finishing it :(
What is New Game+?

And what's the recommended level for the last boss?

nintendonut888

« Reply #386 on: January 28, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »
I wouldn't fight her until exploring at least most of 6F, which also means discovering all 3 of the stairs to said floor. She only targets one character at once, and almost always the leftmost slot; throwing Meiling there and having Minoriko buff her up is very helpful, since Meiling shouldn't die in that case until Yuugi starts spamming KO3S.

And the wiki is mostly just useful for 13F and recruited character information; every single character except the very last one in Plus-Disk has been filled in completely.

I already beat her. :P

Also, teleporter puzzles... D:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #387 on: January 28, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
asdfk;lasdgha I was a page behind

I spent all of today fixing my computer (And the sound STILL DOESN'T WORK GRAAAAAH, and thLaby isn't using the pretty font anymore wtf.) and babysitting 4 y.o. twins at the same time so I'm out of it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
Also, teleporter puzzles... D:
:dealwithit:

Spoiler:
Yuyuko
, but I wouldn't go for
Spoiler:
Mokou
yet.
I think you have it reversed... I beat the latter far before I beat the former.
Curse you conflicting opinions  >:|
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »
:dealwithit:

Curse you conflicting opinions  >:|
IMO, 12F one is easier. Just keep a 97~100% MAG buffed Marisa in the back row, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to also have some SPD buff... once the boss uses Resurrection, if you can't get a Master Spark off before her next turn, you basically lose.

Well, Meiling actually can survive that if she must, but you really need a Master Spark that does at least 80k damage or its nearly impossible to win.