Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222464 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
Anyhow, searching back in this topic a bit NeoGenesis suggested 85, so I'll just grind for a bit since Reimu is 79 now.
I thought I said 75~80? D: Maybe I did say that, making room for bad party set ups.

At 85 though, you certainly shouldn't have trouble with her, at least x3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »
I thought I said 75~80? D: Maybe I did say that, making room for bad party set ups.
I was level 75 and you said I should consider waiting about ten levels before taking her on, which for me is probably a good idea anyways since I tend to have more trouble with bosses than most... Then again, I probably fixed that around
Spoiler:
Mokou and Yuyuko
, since those fights were just barely casulty-free, so we'll see. Either way I could possibly test myself against
Spoiler:
Flandre and Lily Sigil Guardian
, and if I can handle them I should be able to handle the boss in question just fine as well.

I still need to decide who to drop for
Spoiler:
Reisen
, but aside from that I think I have my party pretty much set. At this point I'm thinking I should work my way towards eventually having an anti-boss team and anti-random mob team, as suggested earlier, since
Spoiler:
Eirin
has really surprised me with her tanking ability and utility in boss battles.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:59:15 PM by AlexX Unlimited »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Your party setup is quite similar to my own. I don't use Youmu though, I also have autumn harvest lady because healing is guud, and I find she does it better than your other healer (I use her more for buffing really, but I find I just can't keep her alive on a boss. I don't know, she's cursed, she goes down easier than anybody), I used your party buffer for awhile, but dumped her for kaggy. At the time I didn't think her buff affects the ENTIRE party (derp moment), probably woudln't have done that if I had noticed, Kaggy is excellent in combination with Patchy though.

Last I don't have Yuugi, I have uhh...someone instead *thinking*, Oh! Alice...

Anyway my own party setup isn't perfect in my opinion, I'd dump a character or two in favor of a couple other ones, but I'm stubborn so too bad for me.
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
is a character I really wanted to be good too, but when I first saw her, I figured she'd be useless because of dth attacks not being able to affect bosses, otherwise her stats were basically "Almost like patchy but not as extreme", so better pretty much everything, but lower MND and MAG, with speed that is only barely better. In otherwords, I figured she'd be a glass cannon without Patchy's OOMPH due to poorer mag, and death affects.

HOWEVER, her big spell has one of the biggest multipliers in the game (3X(magX3) - (T.MNDX0.5)) or whatever, absolutely amazing. I'm also not sure, but lowering the delay bar on her smaller attacks is probably nice too (though you lack a slower just like me, so the effect doesn't benefit as much as it could, I myself never bothered to add a slower since every relatively difficult boss always seemed immune to status debuffs for me, I just gave up bothering to try at a certain point).

I personally don't like Youmu much, she just seems like a watered down Remilia with area attacks IMO. Her single attacks don't really top Remi's for me (even her big one, Youmu's lower atk, and lower spd, make it so that it really doesn't outdamage spearing dps wise, despite the huge increase in sp cost). While she might be great for trash, I have a feeling Yuyuko would be better (if not the best in the game...
Spoiler:
except
for Flandre probably).

Thanks for replying.  I'm thinking about switching
Spoiler:
Youmu
with
Spoiler:
Flandre
and
Spoiler:
Ran
with
Spoiler:
Yukari
once I get them.  I might switch
Spoiler:
Yuugi
with
Spoiler:
Kaguya
but I'm afraid that I might not have enough attacker for boss fights.  Also, who should I bring to explore 15F?  The high defense trash is giving me trouble because pretty much only Patchouli can harm it well enough.

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2010, 01:36:56 AM »
So, uh...party recommendations for lv25 fern sigil boss?
I beat
Spoiler:
baal avatar
on my first try, yet this one is embarrassing me.
The biggest problem I'm having is that it's so damn fast, and I have no way of slowing it down when
Spoiler:
Komachi, with her 117k hp, is taking 60k damage from a NORMAL NON-BUFFED ATTACK. And Cirno wouldn't last a second, I didn't even bother trying with her.
Is there any other character that can do decent damage other than Alice or
Spoiler:
Flan
? Really, it's only Alice doing the damage, since
Spoiler:
Flan
gets wrecked if I leave her out for more (or less at times) than one turn. The boss's high MND is spoiling all of the fun :(
Lv271 Reimu by the way, I don't think I should be having trouble with this.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »
Just did the first of what I'm certain will be many grinding sessions. Defeated Youmu after a long grueling fight and reached floor 3.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2010, 02:04:34 AM »
Just did the first of what I'm certain will be many grinding sessions. Defeated Youmu after a long grueling fight and reached floor 3.
Actually, with decent strategy, you don't really have to do much grinding at all until 16F. Assuming you explore each and every nook and cranny, at least... which you should do anyway, so you don't miss anything.

Of course, it definitely helps if you have too much trouble with something.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:58 AM »
Thanks for replying.  I'm thinking about switching
Spoiler:
Youmu
with
Spoiler:
Flandre
and
Spoiler:
Ran
with
Spoiler:
Yukari
once I get them.  I might switch
Spoiler:
Yuugi
with
Spoiler:
Kaguya
but I'm afraid that I might not have enough attacker for boss fights.  Also, who should I bring to explore 15F?  The high defense trash is giving me trouble because pretty much only Patchouli can harm it well enough.

You will probably never switch Ran with anyone since she is the only one who can buff chars in the back row. This is extremely important for glass cannons since they can't stay out too long. Yukari does make an awesome tank that can team buff and works very well with reimu. She's great for nuking when the boss is in madness mode too since she can return the team's turn. Though a lot of people praise flandre I personally don't like her since she dies so fast.  For floor 15, try using cirno and reimu to stun them while iku buffing patch and patch nuking.

nintendonut888

« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
Actually, with decent strategy, you don't really have to do much grinding at all until 16F. Assuming you explore each and every nook and cranny, at least... which you should do anyway, so you don't miss anything.

Of course, it definitely helps if you have too much trouble with something.

Of course. The fun of this game is gradually filling up the map of each floor. ;D

Question, and sorry if you answered it somewhere along the way: I know all the affinity stats are resistances, but do they also count in the power of elemental spells? I notice that elemental stats never go up in levels, so I have to know to focus skill points in those if that is the case.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Of course. The fun of this game is gradually filling up the map of each floor. ;D

Question, and sorry if you answered it somewhere along the way: I know all the affinity stats are resistances, but do they also count in the power of elemental spells? I notice that elemental stats never go up in levels, so I have to know to focus skill points in those if that is the case.

No, the affinity stats does not affect the elemental spell's strength.  It's only resistance against enemy's matching element spell.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:43:03 AM by RemiliaXYuyuko »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2010, 02:29:25 AM »

Oh, so very true; a few of the floors have a design that is simply beautiful (or at least like abstract art) after filling it all in. 13F and 16F come to mind.

And nope, they only affect defense.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
You will probably never switch Ran with anyone since she is the only one who can buff chars in the back row. This is extremely important for glass cannons since they can't stay out too long. Yukari does make an awesome tank that can team buff and works very well with reimu. She's great for nuking when the boss is in madness mode too since she can return the team's turn. Though a lot of people praise flandre I personally don't like her since she dies so fast.  For floor 15, try using cirno and reimu to stun them while iku buffing patch and patch nuking.

Okay, so I'm going to switch around between them depending on bosses.  And I'll try that strategy, although it looks like I'm going to be screwed once Patchy ran out of TP.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2010, 02:44:40 AM »
Okay, so I'm going to switch around between them depending on bosses.  And I'll try that strategy, although it looks like I'm going to be screwed once Patchy ran out of TP.
Yuugi's KO3S, Rumia's Dark Side of the Moon, and Minoriko's Falling Leaves of Madness should all be able to 0hko the Blackenmels. PAR works 100% on the Sorceress' I believe, so take advantage of that if they trouble you.

Well... Yuugi might have to level a bit and get some investment into attack to 0hko Blackenmels, but there is still Rumia/Minoriko/Patch.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #312 on: January 26, 2010, 02:50:26 AM »
Yuugi's KO3S, Rumia's Dark Side of the Moon, and Minoriko's Falling Leaves of Madness should all be able to 0hko the Blackenmels. PAR works 100% on the Sorceress' I believe, so take advantage of that if they trouble you.

Well... Yuugi might have to level a bit and get some investment into attack to 0hko Blackenmels, but there is still Rumia/Minoriko/Patch.

So many characters I chose to ignore  :V.  I guess every characters are useful in their own way.

nintendonut888

« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2010, 05:35:44 AM »
Man, when did it become 9:34? D: All I've done is play this game all day. I've explored every part of floor 3 that I can reach, and am looking for Alice's dolls on floor 4.

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
Any tips for
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
?  He has a annoying mix of speed and power, mostly speed.  I cant seem to debuff him or get any ailments on him either.

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #315 on: January 26, 2010, 06:09:52 AM »
Any tips for
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
?  He has a annoying mix of speed and power, mostly speed.  I cant seem to debuff him or get any ailments on him either.
He's immune to everything, so don't waste your time.
He's basically a battle of attrition, you just have to keep pounding away. Try to use the weakness of each form for more damage, and always keep your characters def/mnd buffed. After an eternity and a half he'll fall :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:05 AM »
I'm not sure why you think that boss is bs? I beat Baal avatar on my first try at lvl 200, whereas the recommended range is 210-250. This is actually a good example, as his exclusive use of physical attacks / one status effect makes him easy to prep for.

I had many cases of both tenshi and hong getting 1shot at full health  with high defensive buffs on from that boss, even when I finally beat it at reimu 230ish...I stack defense more than offense too... I think you must have gotten really lucky with what the boss decided to cast at its last 25% or something >=P. At the time I was told that reimu 200 was the reccomended, not 200-250. I had beaten every boss prior to that one a good 10-15% below minimum reccomended level too.

Don't forget kaggy, many of her spells ignore def and mnd, and unlike Rumia, they still hurt.

Any tips for
Spoiler:
Rinnosuke
?  He has a annoying mix of speed and power, mostly speed.  I cant seem to debuff him or get any ailments on him either

I found him to be like one of the easiest bosses in the game, I guess stacking defense really works for him. Anyway just try and play it safe, keep a big master spark for his final phase (when he loses his colorful aura's and goes back to how he starts the fight). Every time he changes colors, he becomes weak to an element, try and nuke him during that.

blue, pwn him with fire
red, pwn him with cold
yellow, use nature
green, use wind
purple (like the start/end but thicker), use spirit
light blue, use mystic.

Saving the bigass master spark for the very last phase should make it so it seems no different than the beginning.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:13:59 AM by Ghaleon »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:17 AM »
You should be able to do the boss at that point, but it is tough. Reimu and Cirno's PAR attacks help, as does using 2 windows Calculators to make sure
Spoiler:
Eirin and Kaguya
Spoiler:
die at the same time so one doesn't PANICNUKE you.
The first time, they didn't do that. So I tested again. And they did. Weird. The game froze and crashed (not sure why, it could just be a random crash) after the first victory, so I did it a second time (ughh....); anyway:

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=374&u=12803292 (rather minor character spoiler; my ending team)

I was not expecting a victory by that. Seriously,
Spoiler:
Eirin and Kaguya
were still alive, and almost ready to go. I switch to her, get a few hits in, her turn again, with both of the Bosses being ready to go (or close enough to it; see the Battle Count / Timer / whatever), So I use the Row Attack... and... yeah... I did not use a calculator, and I do not know their max HPs. I don't touch wiki's normally, as it ruins the *ahem* fun.

Close call  :V
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »
Joining in on the opinion that Alice is motherfucking impossible. I managed to destroy the healing fairy ONCE, after which Alice unleashed three doom spells at once and slaughtered the tattered remains of my party. D:

I can tell that I have no choice but to go grinding, which means it's time to turn in for tonight.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:52:20 AM by nintendonut888 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »
Just Royal Flare her ass until well done. I found the Alice fight not-too-difficult-enough to farm for the drop.

nintendonut888

« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »
Just Royal Flare her ass until well done. I found the Alice fight not-too-difficult-enough to farm for the drop.

Patchy runs out of SP too quickly for this to be the way. Through grinding (lol I said I was done), I have destroyed all the fairies and taken a lot of Alice's health, but no matter what I do, she breaks out Little Legion, which seems to be defense-piercing and does enough damage to OHKO a lot of my team unless they're at full health. >_< It's a good thing grinding in this game is pretty mindless.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2010, 09:45:27 AM »
Don't forget kaggy, many of her spells ignore def and mnd, and unlike Rumia, they still hurt.

>Unlike Rumia
>Higher damage

You need to twink Rumia for offense more.

I am enjoying Dark Side of the Moon off of 5m MAG. :3

Patchy runs out of SP too quickly for this to be the way. Through grinding (lol I said I was done), I have destroyed all the fairies and taken a lot of Alice's health, but no matter what I do, she breaks out Little Legion, which seems to be defense-piercing and does enough damage to OHKO a lot of my team unless they're at full health. >_< It's a good thing grinding in this game is pretty mindless.

Twink defensive stats more.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

nintendonut888

« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »
OH MY GOD.

My last stand. Meiling had finally bit the dust, taking the last healing spells with her. It's just Remilia and Youmu remaining, who are focusing and dealing out damage as they can. Probably one turn before Alice breaks out Little Legion and kills me, I get off one last Spear The Gungnir and win.

THAT WAS AWESOME. Alice had better be just as awesome for all the effort she took.

Also lol it's 2:21, guess I really should be hopping off to bed soon...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2010, 01:01:34 PM »
Donut, that was your 1st grindwall boss, and I find her very worth using. She doesn't have Pacthy-style MAG or MND, but she has much better HP, DEF, and SPD in comparison. She also still does good damage, and I am at Floor 20.

Aternately, you can use http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou:_Characters for a bit of help on characters and their good stats, ect. I personally consult the wiki every time I get a new char, in order to see whats worth poorng points into.

Side note for game length, I have over 100 Hours in the game, so if you play like I do, you'll hit 100 in due time :)

Slight Spoiler about the games Grindwalls *
Spoiler:
The games notable grindwalls seem to be for the boss on 4F, Alice, the boss fight on 12F, the boss on 16F, the boss on 18F and finally the boss on 20F, please note, the grindwall bosses I mentioned also require more skill/strategy to defeat then the other bosses. Advance slowly, and grind, Grind, GRIND until you can beat a certain boss that troubles you.

If anyone needs help, all you have to do is ask, and I shall try to help you as much as I can :)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
Talking about 15F here  :V

>Unlike Rumia
>Higher damage

You need to twink Rumia for offense more.

I am enjoying Dark Side of the Moon off of 5m MAG. :3
Does the HP heal of Demarcation actually become fairly nice after all that twinking?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
Talking about 15F here  :V
Does the HP heal of Demarcation actually become fairly nice after all that twinking?

Demarcation has a 25% mult.

You'd have to make Roomy's MAG an insanely high level to have it be Sanae level healing.

At present, where Roomy has around 5m MAG in my file, her healing is a little bit less effective than Minoriko's healing when Minoriko was level 2000. That is to say, it's not worth using for the HP heal. Ever.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2010, 08:10:20 PM »
Hime, I understand that the numbers you get for every character in the game is much higher when you are level 1500+, and you spent trillions of skillpoints around. However, we're talking simple math here, assuming things are equal, characters who are better or worse in some categories will NEVER be better than another they  weren't as good as in the first place just by "twinking", assuming you used/leveled the better character an equal amount. Spending 5 billion skillpoints in rumia's magic will make her do alot of damage and healing sure, but it will never ever ever be as much as kaggy's if you spent 5 billion skillpoints in kaggy's mag.

Here is why I said Kaggy's spells actually hurt in comparison to dark side of the moon:
Rumia: MAG     47 ⑨     C, Level-Up Difficulty     86     S
Kaggy: MAG     72 (14)     S, Level-Up Difficulty     118     C

That alone shows you that despite the level up rate difference between the two, Kaggy's magic will stay higher than Rumias assuming other things are equal. Now let's look at their attack formula:
Rumia:     (MAG x 2)
Kaggy: 2.5 x (MAG x 1.25)

The only other possible way rumia's damage using DSTM will outpace Kaggy's ignore mnd spells now is that her mag levels via skillpoints were significantly cheaper, which they are not, they are more expensive, approximately 10% more expensive.

Now I don't like arguing with people, or trying to prove someone is right just for the sake of it. But this is not the first, second, or even 3rd time I've seen you posh someone trying to offer advice with a snide remark like "Well *MY* ___ does better because *I* twink more, duh!". I mean, it doesn't help anybody to write something like that, not to mention it misleads someone into thinking that someone actually benefits from "Twinking" more than another, which in your case, is often the exact opposite.

You might as well tell people that Patchy does good melee damageusing the attack option because yours is level 9999, and skilllevel 9999 in attack, with 3 gurthang's equipped.

Now in the case of Rumia/Kaggy. I didn't realize that we were talking about a point in the game before Kaggy even becomes available, so the point is moot really, but chances are someone might be misled into thinking Rumia is the better character for mnd/def ignoring attacks, which simply is not true. Not only does Kaggy have 3, all of which have better formulas, but they all also have different elements, allowing you to exploit an elemental weakness or avoid a strength better.

Rumia's highlights over Kaggy is not dark side of the moon, or her magic. It's her excellent formula for moonlight ray, along with Demarcations heal and utility.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:33:31 PM by Ghaleon »

Tsumachi

• No.
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »
For people who want the delicious Level-Up Cursor Memory, here is a link to the 2.06 patch.

http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/thLabyrinth/thLabyrinth_ver2.06.zip

Rename the thLaby.exe in this folder to thLaby2.06.exe or something, and copy all this into your game folder, minus the save file.

Whenever you need to level up a single character a ton, start 2.06 so you don't have to scroll down to the correct Level-Up bonus each time, saving a HUUUUGE amount of time for you since now you just spam Z a bunch.

I recommend against actually using 2.06 for casual play however, because of bugs and glitches. The only significant changes anyway are this, Nitori's Megawatt is much stronger, and there is a New Game+ function (Which you can probably activate in 2.06 and then play in 2.04)
That link doesn't work anymore, and I'm not entirely sure what the page says.
But 2.05 does...for now.

Also,
Specific hints:
Spoiler:
Shikieiki (14 million hp): IMO easier than the Yuka fight. Shikieiki uses a 80k single target nuke which ignores defense every third turn, exclusively on the 1st character slot. Thus you should bring out Komachi and Eirin. With the exception of this gimmick the fight is straightforward, so just nuke her into the ground. Be sure to kill her after she casts Focus; unlike Yuka she will not have a lot of hp, so Master Spark or comparable attacks will suffice.

Are you sure
Spoiler:
Shiki
only uses focus when she's low on hp? 'Cause I fought her twice last night, and right after she focused I hit her with a magic spark, return inanimateness, and laevatein (which did somewhere between 2.5 and 3m damage) and she still didn't fall, proceeding to hit me with whatever that attack is called that wiped my entire party.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:42:02 PM by Tsumachi »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
That link doesn't work anymore, and I'm not entirely sure what the page says.
But 2.05 does...for now.

Also,
Are you sure
Spoiler:
Shiki
only uses focus when she's low on hp? 'Cause I fought her twice last night, and right after she focused I hit her with a magic spark, return inanimateness, and laevatein (which did somewhere between 2.5 and 3m damage) and she still didn't fall, proceeding to hit me with whatever that attack is called that wiped my entire party.

Pretty sure she casts it when she's at a certain % or less. The % being relatively low (like 20% or something).

I had the same problem as you though, where the first time meeting her, I was not able to powernuke her fast enough after that focus. I think it's because I focus on defense more than offense, so I'm at a weaker position than most people at dps races.

Anyway, make sure you don't just use your biggest nukes at that phase. I mean, don't master spark immediately after she focuses, or levatien, or whatever. Use fast low-delay nukes, then your big monster ones at the last instant. You probably already figured such, but who knows.

I like to have marisa sitting at 100% mag (it's always 97% actually, but close enough) waiting for such a phase, I also try to have another high dpser sitting at high buffs for the end (though I use them more than marisa. I only swap them out mid way or so), Normally remilia. Remilia can really dish out some badass dps when buffed. Her spear might not hit as hard as alot of characters, but unlike your other big nukers, she can probably spear 3 or 4 times after that focus (make sure she has speed buffs too, or whoever it is you plan to use), while otherbig nukers typically can only afford 1 or 2.

« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
Are you sure
Spoiler:
Shiki

That's very disturbing... in my fight, Starbow Break's 500k damage one-shotted the boss after she used Focus, much to my surprise. Maybe I'll replay the fight to see if this is expected behavior.

For winning dps races, I like to use the 16F character to basically double my burst damage output.