Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2  (Read 222463 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou discussion thread #2
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
And I've filled out pages 4 and 5 now, plus added grade rankings for all 5 pages. Whew~!

Now to do 14F :<
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2010, 01:52:18 AM »
Sorry. Those of us that are there cheated and the rest of us have already quit or moved on to a second playthrough.

I've seen said boss, but been to lazy to actually beat him. I think I may just not and get straight to playthrough 2.

You guys are lamers. But I am just a crazy fool.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
I'll get to him eventually... >: I just wanna finish my second playthrough and do it off of that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2010, 09:39:31 AM »
I'll get to him eventually... >: I just wanna finish my second playthrough and do it off of that.

New Game Pluses are completely unnecessary but I can see where the sentiment comes from.

« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2010, 10:06:54 AM »
Wait, this game has new game pluses? What carries over into those?

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »

I don't want to do 5-600 level ups. Beating the boss with a level 1 team and 100000% buff is fine enough for me.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
Spoiler:
Ok I beat Trio, Rumia, Cirno and Flan-chan V.2s :D. Of all the remaining V.2s who should I pwn next?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »
New Game Pluses are completely unnecessary but I can see where the sentiment comes from.
Wait, this game has new game pluses? What carries over into those?
what

Nono, I'm just doing another playthrough with different characters, and not messing up the level-up bonuses this time either ^^;

At this point I wouldn't want to go to my previous save for Plus-Disk anymore anyway, because several characters I'm starting to like... turns out I pumped the wrong stat with their Level-Ups last time, oopsie! Besides, I'm already on 14F.

« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »
Someone mind making a guide for the three final plus disk bosses?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2010, 08:51:24 AM »
Someone mind making a guide for the three final plus disk bosses?

I'm willing to do it, if you'd like.

« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »
I'm willing to do it, if you'd like.

Yea, I would.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
Yea, I would.

Here is what I have so far. I have not included the Middle Boss yet, but I will do it sometime later today.

« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »
How do I unlock final boss 2.0?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »
How do I unlock final boss 2.0?
Get 5 stars. You know those 4 paths in the middle of 20F? That you go past right after climbing 19F stairs and going through all the warps? Those 4 paths. Unlock all the seals in them. You'll have to have 5 stars to reach all four of them.

« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »
Get 5 stars. You know those 4 paths in the middle of 20F? That you go past right after climbing 19F stairs and going through all the warps? Those 4 paths. Unlock all the seals in them. You'll have to have 5 stars to reach all four of them.

I should have figured the seals to unlock her would be pre-plus disk. Facing her at plus disk levels makes the battle too easy...
Spoiler:
as an example, I could 2-shot Great Tetragrammaton (the supposedly invulnerable top minion) and kill him before he could move with Shikieiki, not that it mattered.

Anyway, is it usual behavior to be able to kill final boss before she goes into her last phase, or is this exclusive to ver. 2? Master Spark's 1.4 million damage was enough after I disposed of her minions.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:27:49 PM by Functorial »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2010, 10:32:02 PM »
Anyway, is it usual behavior to be able to kill final boss before she goes into her last phase, or is this exclusive to ver. 2? Master Spark's 1.4 million damage was enough after I disposed of her minions.
If you can deal an insane amount of damage, any 1-HP tink will kill her after her minions are gone. Original or not. She can't die before that, though, since v1.13.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
Spoiler:
Ok, what level should I be for the Bloody Seal on 1F, the Hibachi duo. Also, if you can tell me what level I should be for those 2 Sigil Guardians on the Plus Disk floors, that would be nice:D

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »
Spoiler:
On the 7th floor looking for Nitori. Anything to make her spawn easily or just luck? So far I've done the other 3 parts(2 events + 8th floor battle). I encountered her once on the 7th floor but I ran(Most of my party was gone at the time and I wasn't gonna risk it).

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »
Spoiler:
Ok, what level should I be for the Bloody Seal on 1F, the Hibachi duo. Also, if you can tell me what level I should be for those 2 Sigil Guardians on the Plus Disk floors, that would be nice:D

They were the last thing of the normal content I beat, and easily the toughest. I'd say Lv. 185ish Reimu, or a little more to be safe.

Spoiler:
On the 7th floor looking for Nitori. Anything to make her spawn easily or just luck? So far I've done the other 3 parts(2 events + 8th floor battle). I encountered her once on the 7th floor but I ran(Most of my party was gone at the time and I wasn't gonna risk it).

Running away from her counts actually; the purpose of the encounter on F7 is to display the event on F7 on the map, which you've already triggered anyway. Just go on up to F9 and she'd be waiting fairly close to the entrance.

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'd say lvl 165-170 for the final bloodstained seal boss. At that level your tanks + Reimu should be able to survive the bosses' normal attacks, so it becomes a game of killing them simultaneously, without also triggering their uber attacks by leaving them both at too low hp. As such, the Yukari+Kaguya duo is ideal for this fight, with Rinnosuke to quickly buff. Note three things:
- Managing the order of battle is crucial when using Yukari (one reason why I decline to pump speed on her). She needs to move last.
- Kaguya always moves after Yukari's Spiriting Away, so you can fire off Hourai Barrage and then swap her and Yukari out without screwing up your formation.
- Yukari and Kaguya will be at 0% gauge after using their spells. This isn't a problem, as once you switch them back in they'll be back at starting gauge.

6 castings of Hourai Barrage won the fight for me. If you don't feel like using Kaguya, be prepared to either play counting games or level until you can survive their later phases.

As for the plus disks bosses, which seal guardians are you talking about? Some hints for the ones I've beaten,
Spoiler:
21F Baal Avatar is a hard-hitting physical attacker with 6 million HP whose attacks become more damaging as he loses hp. Luckily, his nature makes it easy to prep for him (you only need to buff defense, and he only inflicts one status effect, silence). If you want to be safe, keep track of his hp and nuke him down in a final assault once you can. Try attempting him around lvl 200.

22F boss is fast, has 10 million hp, and casts Destroy Magic every third turn, but his damage output is weak. I had no trouble with him at lvl 200 (don't recall if I used any particular strategy).

24F Burninator is a total joke since he can be kept in paralysis lockdown (use Suwako for this). Just survive his opener (Komachi with fire res should) and make sure you have enough sp to nuke him to oblivion, and you win.

25F boss is a luck-based encounter whose difficulty is dictated by how often he uses Strengthen Jitsu. Work on cutting down his 11 million hp asap, and if he buffs bring out Tenshi and your debuffers (+Yukari) and pray. It took me a couple tries at lvl 220.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »

Running away from her counts actually; the purpose of the encounter on F7 is to display the event on F7 on the map, which you've already triggered anyway. Just go on up to F9 and she'd be waiting fairly close to the entrance.

Spoiler:
I kinda figured since I was able to fight her. So far I'm at floor 10 with everyone except Sanae(Foe is too strong for me). My main party is as follows

Reimu
Marisa
Remilia
China
Sakuya
Patchouli
Chen
Aya
Yuugi
Iku
Alice
Komachi

Any specific changes I should make? Haven't done much exploration of Floor 10 yet.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »
Okay, someone seems to be filling in the info for Plus-Disk characters as they receive them, and said they would fill in the Level-Up modifier info if they knew how to calculate it.

Well, we have everything needed to find it out, but I haven't bothered to actually give an equation or something you would use to learn it. So, lets see here...

B x M = R
Base exp (for that level up) times the character's level-up Modifer=required EXP to level. Well, we only know R right off the bat, since the game tells us what that is. This means that R/M=B is true, so lets take advantage.

Now, by dividing R with M you get B, so we figure out B using a non-Plus character who is at the SAME LEVEL as the Plus-Disk one. For example, Reimu's required experience to level divided by .9 (Her modifier is 90, which means 0.90). The number you receive is the base exp for said level-up, you can now fill in B and R in the equation.

Lets see an example for Level 61. Reimu's required EXP to level is 42184. Divide by .9, which is her Level-Up Modifier (aka, 90). You get 46871.111111(etcetc), the base experience needed to reach level 62 from 61.

Minoriko is also level 61, and requires 41247 experience. Lets find out her Level-Up Modifier using the Base Experience for this level-up that we just discovered.

46871.11111(etc) x M = 41247

Yay, algebra time. I don't know what to do at this point and don't feel like figuring out because I'm lazy, so just divide 41247 by some number, go up or down to get closer and closer to the Base Experience until you obtain the correct number(Or as close as possible, then round the number). Multiply the number you found by 100, this is the character's level-up modifier. The answer to this equation is 88, by the way.

I wonder if anyone will understand what I just explained. Maybe if I had figured out the last part, it would have helped, but I'm stumped. If you don't understand, just get some Plus-Disk characters to the same level as a Non-Plus one, and tell me their required EXP to level so I can do the rest  :V

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:55:47 PM by NeoGenesis »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2010, 11:17:27 PM »
Final Boss Ver2 taken down with Reimu at lv230.  That was a fun and nicely difficult fight I must say.

Two new characters joined, 3 left to go...all of which I would have to fight and all of which would kill me violently at this point :P.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »
You know, reading back its amazing how far this topic has come. At first people were telling me that using aquabitch was the worst possible mistakes you could do, now nobody is even suggesting to bench her. Then people pretty much agreed greenie was awesome, now everyone agrees there's no legitimate reason to use her over Minoriko.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »
You know, reading back its amazing how far this topic has come. At first people were telling me that using aquabitch was the worst possible mistakes you could do, now nobody is even suggesting to bench her. Then people pretty much agreed greenie was awesome, now everyone agrees there's no legitimate reason to use her over Minoriko.
She certainly isn't horrible, but I don't find her terribly useful compared to other choices for an ATK-based character... maybe if they release a later official patch, since that means her Megawatt gets a huge damage boost.

And 8F healer still has her upsides compared to Minoriko; her heal cures debuffs and status afflictions, and her buff increases all stats, and her attacks are better when not fighting stuff that takes 0 damage. But, she is much higher delays, and heals less HP... ehh, both are good. Which one is better depends on your other support characters.

« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2010, 12:51:38 AM »
She certainly isn't horrible, but I don't find her terribly useful compared to other choices for an ATK-based character... maybe if they release a later official patch, since that means her Megawatt gets a huge damage boost.
Well, her NTR attack is good for enemies that take 0 damage from most other moves, her CLD one works wonders on fire bosses, her self-buff ups her speed, and x5 attack is still pretty freaking huge considering its SP cost (even most 100+ SP moves normally won't do more than x2 or x3 attack).

I originally used her out of spite, but now I don't think I'd drop her if you paid me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:54:05 AM by AlexX Unlimited »

« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12:41 AM »
Well, her NTR attack is good for enemies that take 0 damage from most other moves, her CLD one works wonders on fire bosses, her self-buff ups her speed, and x5 attack is still pretty freaking huge considering its SP cost (even most 100+ SP moves normally won't do more than x2 or x3 attack).

I originally used her out of spite, but now I don't think I'd drop her if you paid me.

You'll drop her once you get plus disc characters.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2010, 01:30:38 AM »
what's this about a non official patch anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2010, 01:33:40 AM »
what's this about a non official patch anyway.
The website mentions a 2.05 patch, maybe it even said 2.06. However, it also said that these have bugs and glitches in them.

The only difference I've seen noted in these later patches is a hefty increase in Nitori's Megawatt's damage, although seeing some other neigh-useless characters buffed would be nice; like Rumia!

« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2010, 01:48:31 AM »
There's a 2.05 and 2.06 patch that was released but it was in testing phase and had a lot of bugs, so 2.04 is still considered the "official" release.

2.05:
-Changes to Megawatt
-Cursor memory when doing level ups (OH GOD YES, I always transfer my save to my 2.06 version when I want to catch up a character from far now)
-New Game +, unlocked I think when you defeat the plus disk final boss? Allows you to choose whether to carry over skill points, items, exp, and whether to start with all characters unlocked.

2.06:
-Sound test
-Function to turn off spell effects in battle