Author Topic: Safespots  (Read 5715 times)

hourai

• reimu's gf
Safespots
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
WHAT IS A TITLE? UHM?  ʅ(‾o◝)ʃ
I was never creative at coming up with titles/subjects, so I'll be as straighforward as I can, ze.
Safespots.  :V

After a while of searching, I decided that I couldn't find any topics on safespots and decided to post my own.
here is one I found.
It requires the Borderteam, an IN extra stage and a very sadistic fairy right before Mokou appears.
Just go down to the very bottom left corner and don't move. It should always work.

Post your own if you have any? ( ◔‿◔)

maiden's cappuccino

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Safespots
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »
There's another safespot that works for all teams on that fairy halfway between the 0 and the right side of the meter, right at the bottom.
The first wave of Imperishable Shooting has a safespot in the bottom left corner
Apollo 13 has one right where Eirin spawned the wave.
Brilliant Dragon Bullet lunatic has one up near the top left corner (top left but down a bit)
Border of Wave and Particle has one right below and to the right of Satori
Starbow Break has one up on the top left corner too, but tap right twice
Rice Shower has one where the red bullets spawn

That's all I can think of offhand, but I know there are more.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:40:45 PM »
I remember only mentioned safespot on Starbow Break and in middle bottom on Royal Flare.

Ah and Icicle Fail easy of course :D

And i remember some video with lots of stuff liek that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZXM5L75h38

Lold hard at this one :]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:47:27 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Zil

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
This is funny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebUpTi09MI0
Just pulled this off a second ago. :3 Apparantly it can be done on all difficulties.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
Ahaha. The way you got in the center on lunatic made me smile :)

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O78ADByuv68&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:25:35 AM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

hourai

• reimu's gf
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:18 AM »
Thanks for those, They're really helpful !!
I laughed at Futo's. That's great.  :V
Also.
AYAYAYAYA

I'm wondering if ZUN put those in on purpose or if they are just coincidence's.

maiden's cappuccino

Zil

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:31:08 AM »
For the most part, I'd say theyr'e unintentional. Doing it for Futo's spell on both Easy and Normal looks completely impossible (moreso than the other two versions).
Another example: some waves in Imperishable Shooting can be safespotted by standing right on top of Mokou. No way did he mean for that to happen.

hourai

• reimu's gf
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:41:26 AM »
I've only captured Imperishable Shooting once, no safespots.
But taking your advice into advance, I might try capturing that spell again.
It's amazing how just one spot on that screen can keeping you from getting hit by that much danmaku.

Any tips on Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, besides this one?

maiden's cappuccino

Zil

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:52:24 AM »
Well what happened in that video was just luck. The best advice I could give for that spell would be reading the red butterflies before they launch at you. Keep your eyes midway up the screen, in other words.
And the waves in Imperishable Shooting that can be safespotted are the two that look really similar. Each has five rings, I think.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:17:55 AM »
Muhahaha Not actually a safespot, but i did it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMjlanZVqJw :getdown:

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
There are countless safespots and faux safespots (more like deathspots) in ZUN's games, but this one is my favorite.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:55:42 PM by Zetzumarshen »

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:56:47 PM »
Utsuho's first and third non-spells can be safespotted for massive graze bonus, like 4000 on lunatic. I hope one day the top SA players will use the safespot in record runs. Amphibian danmaku can be done without moving. I didn't mean to do it at first but after half the spell was done and nothing came close to me I just continued shooting and finished it off.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
Utsuho's first and third non-spells can be safespotted for massive graze bonus, like 4000 on lunatic. I hope one day the top SA players will use the safespot in record runs. Amphibian danmaku can be done without moving. I didn't mean to do it at first but after half the spell was done and nothing came close to me I just continued shooting and finished it off.
There's no need to. The top SA players will have all the graze they need by the time they reach Utsuho, and if they don't they'll be really close to the max anyway, so they can settle for the ~100 graze per wave that the first nonspell gives. I haven't looked into whether Utsuho can ram you during your trick, though if she can't then a non-elite player who desperately wants to increase his graze counter could consider it. SA has a bunch of attacks with safespots, and quite a few of those are used in scoreruns. I'll record a few here when I have more time.

Amphibian Danmaku is just easy in general. I don't remember if there's a trend to the orientation of the bullets the frogs release (haven't seen it enough), but they give enough space where you won't have to move a whole lot most of the time.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
There's no need to. The top SA players will have all the graze they need by the time they reach Utsuho, and if they don't they'll be really close to the max anyway, so they can settle for the ~100 graze per wave that the first nonspell gives. I haven't looked into whether Utsuho can ram you during your trick, though if she can't then a non-elite player who desperately wants to increase his graze counter could consider it.

Lunatic ReimuA players might be maxed out in graze, but not hard, normal, easy and some other shot-types on lunatic. She can't squeeze you between the top of the screen and her hitbox or anything, if you only move into the safespot when she already is far up you won't get rammed.

Oh, and Satori's first recollection card against ReimuC has a easy to use safespot right next to her on any difficulty. Spleen Eater on easy is a no movement attack if you use MarisaB at full power with the yellow options, possibly with ReimuC and less than full power with MarisaB as well.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:11:45 PM by Humongous Catfish »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!