Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275029 times)

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
I don't know why, but i just laugh really hard when I look at this.
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=602352

So this week in "Fashion with Marisa" we have a pink bow on her hat and a red string around her neck :V

lol in the pause menu instead of Yes Yes Yes it says Yes Yes Y
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:51:02 AM by Suikama »

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
I think I ended up timing out her first and last. :(

Her first keeps doing it to me too; although I have captured it twice. (Once with Sanae, of all people.)

However I've only timed out Yoshika's last card once, and that was because I derped and lost a life. Every other time, I've caught it no problem.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Her first keeps doing it to me too; although I have captured it twice. (Once with Sanae, of all people.)

However I've only timed out Yoshika's last card once, and that was because I derped and lost a life. Every other time, I've caught it no problem.

I've been able to capture some of them using Youmu. She's slow and gives you plenty of opportunities to sit right under her and slash away at her. On a note unrelated to capturing cards, Youmu's bomb is pretty powerful.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: 東方 ダイナマリサ ~ Touhou Dyna Marisa, Let us get 3D ze ☆
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
Okay, finally got a chance to play this extensively. I was a bit disappointed when I tried normal, because wow that was easier than EoSD easy. Then I punched it up to lunatic and felt much better. It's still a lot easier than the last two games, but perhaps that's a good thing after all. I love UFO's difficulty, but I'm not sure I could handle something on that level or even above again. The bosses still have fun patterns, and really my only complaint is how difficult it is to gain lives. Maybe that's ZUN's way of balancing it out?

Out of the four shot types, I think I like Sanae's the best. Reimu's feels somewhat...less awesome than normal, mainly because its unfocused shot is homing. Sanae's is like all STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! /o/

Overall, I like it. Was worth the wait today.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Cup

What is Kyouko supposed to be?

Kyouko is a yamabiko. This picture explains what that is.

They're mountain dwelling creatures that repeat what you say, or in other words, an echo. Which is why she can reflect sound waves and such.

So basically pure awesome.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
lol in the pause menu instead of Yes Yes Yes it says Yes Yes Y
IIRC it has been like that for a while...GFW, I think?
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
I've been able to capture Yoshika's spellcards on Normal with Sanae. On Hard though, I still managed to capture her first card once, but I couldn't get used to her curvy lasers and the last card single handedly caused two continues

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Wiki editors drool, I... am very fast at translating.

Holy crap.

Also:
Sanae: Er...
Kyouko: What?
Sanae: Could it be you're a youkai?
Kyouko: Wha?
Sanae: Oh, thank goodness. I was worried I was fighting a monk.

Sanae is still a racist.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:30:22 AM by Rain Lindwurm »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

zephyredx

• Car = ma
Can't wait for full version and english translation! Also secretly hoping that the SDM cast will appear...somewhere...

I have to say the difficulty dropped considerably from UFO. Still having a lot of fun, but I hope ZUN will impress us with something amazing in extra stage.

Wow that was a fast translation!
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Yoshika: NOOOOOooooo! I'm dyiiiiing!
Youmu: Yes, yes, we get it, you're dying.
Youmu: A Kyonshi with a charm stuck on her head... That must mean there's a master controlling you.
Yoshika: Oh, really?
Youmu: Of course, you also reeked of the possibility of such earlier...
Yoshika: Huh? I stink? But I take such good care of my skin!
Youmu: (Sigh, zombie jokes...)
youmuistiredofyourbullshit.jpg

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Kyouko and Miyako...

oh god ZUN has been watching Madoka and Hidamari

Yoshika Miyako actually made me think of Strike Witches first.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

We only need somebody to transcribe the original japanese script now.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
youmuistiredofyourbullshit.jpg

The fact that it's coming from Youmu made it all the more funnier; she's so used to seeing the dead after all.

Plus, Yuyuko probably seems the type to rattle on a list of these sort of jokes. ^^

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
Yuyuko: Hm, not bad at all. You can go ahead.
Youmu: (Yeah, but I was just bored...)
Yuyuko: Something on your mind?
Youmu: So what do you think of these divine spirits, Lady Yuyuko?
Yuyuko: I wager there'll be some dangerous fellow making a return.
Yuyuko: I doubt there's any secrets or anything behind the temple graveyard...
Youmu: Hm?
Youmu: A-Anyway, I'll be off.
Yuyuko: Bring me back a souvenir!
Well... some dangerous fellow making a RETURN... in a cemetery...
Well, atleast it seems that the one behind everything is someone we know. And... there are spirits everywhere. I have to think about a certain person...

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
Miyako reminds me alot of Munak from Ragnarok Online with her amulet? Could this be some sort of hybrid zombie? o.0

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
So Kyouko DOES work at the Myouren temple. Interesting.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
So Kyouko is a part of Myouren temple, huh?

Meiling, Koakuma, Patchouli, Sakuya, Remilia, Flandre, compared to...

Nazrin, Ichirin, Murasa, Shou, Byakuren, Nue, and now Kyouko. Yup, Byakuren's faction is now officially the biggest!

Yoshika: Wait, does that mean there'll be one of those dreadful wars of faith... again?!
Hoo boy. Fourth shrine incoming?

We only need somebody to transcribe the original japanese script now.

After doing Sanae's scenario by actually playing through, I found this helpful thread. The dialogue posts should be pretty easy to pick out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:41:38 AM by vgperson »

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
And apparently Yoshika is yet another baka to add. Man, ZUN likes his idiots.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Inb4Mima

Also, Youmu makes the game interesting. I swear her charge slash takes a chunk out of boss health xD

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Whoa shit you're awesome.

Reimu: Alright, then, gonna have to beat the leader of the ghosts!
Yuyuko: Oh, do we have visitors?
Yuyuko: Hold on a moment, I'm still preparing tea.
Reimu: Oh, you shouldn't have.
Reimu: Would you tell me what the big idea is letting these spirits get so riled up?
Yuyuko: Mm? What's the big idea, indeed?
Reimu: You need to keep an eye on them! I mean, they're just ghastly.
Yuyuko: Right, I don't know exactly what's going on...
Yuyuko: But if you're going to look into spirits, you'll have to beat me first!
Oh Reimu and Yuyuko, never stop being Reimu and Yuyuko <3

I don't know why, but i just laugh really hard when I look at this.
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=602352
Quote from: comments
No joke guys, when/if you get the demo of the game... Hit Game Start and instead of taking you to Reimu as the first character option, it takes you to Sanae instead.
No it doesn't? It didn't here lol. I the Reimu fanboy would be less giddy if it had.

Anyway know when something's so cool you can't stop screaming like a little girl? Yeah, that's me, the last 20 minutes playing this thing.
It's so damn good. And I love this new way ZUN is approaching music.

Also KOGASAAAAAA
Reimu: Hm? Ah, yes, I believe you're...
Kogasa: You finally came!
Kogasa: I saw this girl I've never seen before keeping watch.
Kogasa: But as much as I hit her, she always made me time out...
Kogasa: So hey, do something about her! Pleeease!
Reimu: (A youkai making a request of a youkai exterminator...?)
Reimu: Gotcha. And I'll beat you up, too!
Reimu never ever change <3<3<3<3~
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:13:50 AM by MomiSM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Seems Stage Practice isn't available yet. Guess I'll have to wait until the full version to practice any sort of full-game-style scoring path. But since Stage 1 is easily accessible, I spent a bit of time on it tonight. The score on my best attempt was only a bit higher than during my perfect run, most likely because my scoring path involves Trance Mode on one Spellcard. However, I significantly improved my base Point value to almost 35,000. And we all know that improving that value in the long-term is what really matters. If anything, this scoring system is intriguing - obviously plays the high-risk-high-reward thing straight, but I get the feeling that finding ways to ease spirit collection will be quite doable.

Oh God Youmu's dialogue. Why the hell doesn't ZUN have her solve more incidents? Her conversations are very good stuff.

Also Yoshika is the new baka on the block. Um, yay? :wat:
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
And I love this new way ZUN is approaching music.
Indeed it is brilliant and I love his experimenting with rhythms and on-the-fly sound alteration with Trance mode.
MIDI versions would be nice, though, for those of us itching to remix without transcoding every single note. Then again, PoFV full version and onwards have established that trend, so....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:22:01 AM by Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Photo Lab...?! »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

After doing Sanae's scenario by actually playing through, I found this helpful thread. The dialogue posts should be pretty easy to pick out.

I need to go sleep, so I will add the translations to the wiki tomorrow morning if nobody else does it first.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:23:37 AM by The only Master Bigode in the world »

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
Play Hard or Lunatic, preferably Lunatic. Great spellcard unlike the one it seems to be based off of.

Which fails cause we were all expecting this.

Oh. That's good then.

I was, then forgot about it, then got surprised by her. :V

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
What is this "spellcard which it is based off" you mean?
Spoiler:
Over the Rainbow?

I noticed that some of the posts had a new yukkuri. I think it's supposed to be Kyouko.

_,,. -―‐- 、_ 
       ,r::-::7?        `ヽ-::.、
    ,.イ:::::::::::/          ⌒ヽ::\
   彡:::::::::::;ノ     iヘ、 i      ',:::::;ミ
    `゙Y厂   人__,.リノ }、ノ、__,ハ   j??
    ,.ノ  , ' (  (ヒ_]     ヒ_ン、レハノ
    /   ,i ,.イ、'"   ,___,  "'i,イ{_
   ,{  ,.イ,ノ ハ    ヽ _ン  人  `ヽ
   ゙Y?゙ヘ_,.イルヘ>,、 _____ ,.イ`ヽrイノ