Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 198943 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #780 on: March 31, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
Giga flare is the only one that scares me. Nuclear reactor is kind of the spell I pace myself for with her. I like defensive stats and defensive buffs so it's not really terrible for me, but them giga flares, ugh.

But yeah, I basically pretend she's one of those "focus at 30%" boss fights, and when she's in gigaflare range, I act like every next turn is my last to live. Though I don't resort to counting hp, I just kinda guesstimate it.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #781 on: March 31, 2011, 06:07:15 AM »
Yeah just finished it.  I thought Maribel V2 would be included which was why I waited so long.  Boy did I feel dumb trying to recover my SP during my fight against Rennosuke. 

I don't know if I have bad luck or what but Okuu spams her tops spells all the time.  I can blitz over half her hp away after fully buffing everyone and using some spirit away action.  I would try to be a bit more cautious but she seems to like blasting me with nuclear reactor and giga flare just wipes me out. 

There's no Maribel V2 on Boss Rush V2? Guess I should go do that now (Reimu 283 :V). Also I hope I don't have the same horrible luck with Okuu that I had with Kedamagrammaton when I go fight her (see triple Djinn Storm followed by triple Rankain, ugh)...

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #782 on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »
Random shit.
Thanks, I'll try this when I play it.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #783 on: March 31, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »
There's no Maribel V2 on Boss Rush V2? Guess I should go do that now (Reimu 283 :V). Also I hope I don't have the same horrible luck with Okuu that I had with Kedamagrammaton when I go fight her (see triple Djinn Storm followed by triple Rankain, ugh)...

Okuu is one huge luck battle, IMO.  If she spams Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction and then unloads Giga Flare, you cannot win.  Only ultra-high Mystic Affinities (like seriously, 400-500+) characters with fairly high HP will survive it.  UNR is no fun to take on it's own either.

That, and she's prone to slash diving the multitude of magic tanks you're going to want to bring.

I did this at Reimu 250, so I think you'll do fine :V
It's kind of sad because after around Reimu 220ish, you can literally beat Rinnosuke using Tank + Attacker, and just switching the attacker out whenever Rinnosuke is about to get a turn.  I had to do this since basically everyone was drained from Yukari. 

« Reply #784 on: March 31, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Yeah probably the only issue I have with the game is the luck battles.  I think I'll just over level this time and win through a damage race.  All my luck was spent at Shiki.  She did not even use focus in that battle XD. 

Edit:  Well beat that Kedama god thing on the second try (got overly cocky the first try).  Grinded for a little bit and tried Okuu again.  It was insane but somehow I won with only Reisen and Mystia left to deal any real damage.  Managed to take 2 giga flares somehow, Minoriko is rather durable for someone who got beaten by Cirno. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:10:58 PM by Kanoe »

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #785 on: March 31, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Edit:  Well beat that Kedama god thing on the second try (got overly cocky the first try).  Grinded for a little bit and tried Okuu again.  It was insane but somehow I won with only Reisen and Mystia left to deal any real damage.  Managed to take 2 giga flares somehow, Minoriko is rather durable for someone who got beaten by Cirno.

Giga Flare isn't too bad as long as she doesn't beef it up like crazy using Uncontainabe Nuclear Reaction several times. 
Minoriko is probably one of the best mind tanks out there :D

« Reply #786 on: March 31, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »
Yeah my sort of plan when I decided to try again was to rush 4 million damage as fast as possible to give her two new attacks to choose from instead of just the spammable Nuclear.  She managed to get it off once, one tomahawk, and two gigas.  She was rather generous with her nukes this time though she did do a Dive Slash on Chen in the 4th slot... that jerk. 

So am I stuck grinding levels in floor 27 to prepare for floor 30 or is there anything worth grinding in floor 28 and 29? 

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #787 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
27F has Lilith that gives 92k skill points upon defeat, and 28k has Kedama Goddesses that drop Gold Clothes (but it also has victorious tengus that like to kill you). 29F doesn't look like it has anything interesting.

« Reply #788 on: April 02, 2011, 01:39:19 AM »
Well went through F28 and F29 then grinded in F27 for awhile.  I can fight some of the bosses on floor 30 or at least Youmu and Rennosuke so far.  Mokou i can keep Para locked but going through 110 million hp takes too long and her ressurection form blows me to pieces. Alice's middle doll I couldnt even hurt. 

Something weird I noticed about Rennosuke V3 is that his first form was ice or spirit (can never tell them apart).  I pumped over 3 million damage into it but he kept going with it. Then he form shifted.  Then immediately after doing any damage to his other forms, he did form destruction till he was in final form which died in one hit.  Not sure if thats normal or not. 

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #789 on: April 03, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
Something weird I noticed about Rennosuke V3 is that his first form was ice or spirit (can never tell them apart).  I pumped over 3 million damage into it but he kept going with it. Then he form shifted.  Then immediately after doing any damage to his other forms, he did form destruction till he was in final form which died in one hit.  Not sure if thats normal or not.

For whatever reason, all of Rinnouske V3's forms except his final form have 5m hp each; his final form still has 200k hp.

As for myself, I got to 30F and took down EVD V2 without any problems because... It never used Light Wings Expansion, not even once. I guess I got incredibly lucky or something.

« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »
Now I am killing Rinnosuke before he even reaches his final form.  Oh well.  I managed to beat Mokou once.  Alice took alot more work than she is worth killing that middle doll.  I do not have Shiki or Kaguya in my party so I have no piercing damage besides Time Stop.  Only person that could do any damage was Nitori's cannon which only did about 200k per shot.  But if I focused just on the middle doll, it would aoe heal for over 1 million.  So I managed to para the right doll to keep it from rebuffing defense and gave up on defense to pound away at the left doll with Chen, forcing it to single target heal while I pelted the middle doll with Nitori.  So tedious XD. 

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #791 on: April 04, 2011, 03:58:17 AM »
And today I kill Hibachi-sama without seeing Dual Funeral Washing Machine used ONCE. I'm starting to wonder if the bloodstained V2 bosses even use their composite nukes anymore, or if I'm just extremely lucky. And I've noticed that Meiling's damage with Mountain Breaker is starting to look pretty good now (~140k when buffed :V)

Now I am killing Rinnosuke before he even reaches his final form.  Oh well.  I managed to beat Mokou once.  Alice took alot more work than she is worth killing that middle doll.  I do not have Shiki or Kaguya in my party so I have no piercing damage besides Time Stop.  Only person that could do any damage was Nitori's cannon which only did about 200k per shot.  But if I focused just on the middle doll, it would aoe heal for over 1 million.  So I managed to para the right doll to keep it from rebuffing defense and gave up on defense to pound away at the left doll with Chen, forcing it to single target heal while I pelted the middle doll with Nitori.  So tedious XD.

What level are you around? I'm still getting pushed around by 30F "trash."

« Reply #792 on: April 04, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »
Reimu is about 406 I think so my party maybe a little higher than that overall.  I still have trouble with Mokou and Alice takes too long to fight.  I can't survive Shiki's improved nuke (does over 200k) and won't dare attempt version 2 Okuu.  The rest I can fight just fine with Chen, Eintei, and Yuugi giving me some close calls sometimes.  But I was killing Rinnosuke like that even back when Reimu was 360 or so. 

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #793 on: April 04, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
Reimu is about 406 I think so my party maybe a little higher than that overall.  I still have trouble with Mokou and Alice takes too long to fight.  I can't survive Shiki's improved nuke (does over 200k) and won't dare attempt version 2 Okuu.  The rest I can fight just fine with Chen, Eintei, and Yuugi giving me some close calls sometimes.  But I was killing Rinnosuke like that even back when Reimu was 360 or so.

For Shiki, you can always try to just defeat her while sacrificing a character to Last Judgment. Since her HP is still 14m and your level grew by about 150 since you last defeated her, it shouldn't take too many turns to bring her down... I think.

« Reply #794 on: April 04, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »
Yep, managed to pull off killing Shiki easily enough.  Can take out Alice now as well though its still troublesome.  Okuu, i attempted it once but she blasted me with two nuclears back to back.  I decided to run then XD.  Ill be doing bloodseal bosses soon enough. 

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #795 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »
Yep, managed to pull off killing Shiki easily enough.  Can take out Alice now as well though its still troublesome.  Okuu, i attempted it once but she blasted me with two nuclears back to back.  I decided to run then XD.  Ill be doing bloodseal bosses soon enough. 

Well, at Reimu 395 the bosses were stil taking too long to kill to stick around, so I'm still grinding at 27F. By the way, at your level EVD and Hibachi-sama V2 will both be cakewalks (I beat them at Reimu 349 and 381, respectively :V)

« Reply #796 on: April 05, 2011, 03:54:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm just going to level up high enough to fight them all. 

Is there any sources of getting alternate pictures for the characters?  I have some from past Floors of this thread but was wondering if there was another place to look. 

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #797 on: April 05, 2011, 04:46:23 AM »
The V2 Bloodstained Seal bosses do use their super-nukes. I can attest to that.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #798 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm just going to level up high enough to fight them all. 

Is there any sources of getting alternate pictures for the characters?  I have some from past Floors of this thread but was wondering if there was another place to look.

I haven't come across anyone posting their CharaGraph sets. If you find any to share, post it and I'll update the OP.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #799 on: April 05, 2011, 08:26:41 AM »
I'd share my charagraph but it's kinda half-assed with no matching styles or whatever. Plus some characters are left horrible simply because I haven't used them since changing the charagraph so I haven't bothered. Pretty much all of it originates from the other ones listed elsewhere, from TPW, alphes and such.

J.O.B

« Reply #800 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
FUCK YEAH!!!!
I FINALY BEAT TAMS FOE!!!!
btw, is there any relay point in 8F?
And who should I probably keep in my party?

« Reply #801 on: April 05, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
There is no relay point in floor 8 but there is one in the beginning of floor 9.  Who you keep is up to you.  Depends on what sort of team you want or who your favorite characters are.  As long as you have a tank, healer, and some support you should be fine with anything else (though at least one heavy burst damage dealer like Marisa can be useful on damage race bosses). 

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #802 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
Be sure to start getting some Hades Rings to survive the ghosts that allow you to recruit Komachi. Also DARKNESS EVERYWHERE

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #803 on: April 05, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
FUCK YEAH!!!!
I FINALY BEAT TAMS FOE!!!!
btw, is there any relay point in 8F?
And who should I probably keep in my party?

Don't get in the mentality that you HAVE to keep only 12 characters.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #804 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with cycling characters in and out of your party.

« Reply #805 on: April 05, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »
Yeah its easy enough to remake the skillpoints you spent if you choose to swap out characters.  Those who make one party and stick with it are doing it for mainly a challenge more than anything. 

And yay!  Killed the V2 bloodseal bosses.   So just have two bosses left and Winner to go.  I was way over leveled for all but the far right boss (robot that has a second form) and even it went by the book.  Having -50% in all stats when transforming definitely helped in the final 20 million hp stretch.  Guess its back to grinding bosses again. 

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #806 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:38 AM »
As for the discussion of charagraph stuff, I just "cut out" my charagraphs from images I find on Danbooru via image editing able programs like GIMP (which I'm currently using). I'm not skilled enough to trim characters right to their borders, and the process takes a long time too (not to mention finding a suitable image, especially so for certain characters). I suppose I could find a set of source images I used, if you want to edit them yourselves (I don't have anywhere near a complete set either). Although I'd be just as interested in learning how to trim images right down to the borders, myself.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been suggested on this board before, but maybe a charagraph set from avatars used on this site? Dunno if that's plausible / possible.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2011, 04:12:56 AM »
Kedamagrammaton is really easy =O

J.O.B

« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with cycling characters in and out of your party.
Lol I know but I was just wondering who would be best suited for 8F is all.
And I also mean who should I leave in Gensokyo too.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »
My Charagraph
Although it's pretty much just a conglomeration of all the packs people have posted on here/Pooshlmer. But it works if you haven't seen the other packs, I guess. Images rips from the fighting and other games can be found in Drake's thread.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.