Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest #6 - Blinded by the Light! (Winners Announced!)  (Read 49419 times)

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
Re: Danmakufu Contest #6 - Blinded by the Light!
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »
For those who complain when they get docked points for shitty balancing  :dealwithit:

I wouldn't mind... :V

(it's not my fault my internet sucks anyway :ohdear:)

Also, I care about the comments I get, not about winning :3 winning would just be an extra "bonus" thing if I do...

EDIT: btw, it was a miracle that I was able to post this in less than 10 mins :derp:
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
Little less than two hours 'til the deadline. Submit stuff, punks >: |

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
It's more than two hours, there's two hours and 42 minutes :<

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
GMT is at 10:20 right now.

olololo est's daylight savings time :V

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »
Oh I'm going by UTC :3c

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
Oh hey guys I'm back so how long do I ha

Little less than two hours 'til the deadline. Submit stuff, punks >: |
:ohdear:

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »
Alrighty, contest is closed. Look forward to our reviews.

Videos?

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »
... Dear me, I'm watching the videos and... It looks like I made mine somewhat too easy! D:

though it seems Naut used bombs on the last spell so yeah
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:42:53 AM by KrackoCloud »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
Hmmm... after watching the videos

I can honestly say that my entry was a total piece of crap :V

EDIT: WTF!?!?!? I REALLY DIDN'T WORK IN NAUT'S COMPUTER EITHER!?!?!?
the background's supposed to fade from violet into red, instead of just turning black T_T dammit...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:17:55 PM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »
Video 1
  • Demonbman
  • Foremoster
  • Mewkyuu
  • Thaws

Video 2

• Bitz
  • Iryan
  • Kylesky
  • KrackoCloud

Video 3
  • Polaris
  • Bark
  • Stuffman
  • Suikama

Results to come later, working late tonight so  :ohdear:

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »
Well this contest is over.
Hope to at least fail.

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »
:bzzz:

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
Damn. An unexpected trip prevented me to complete my work -_-.

I will prepare my treasure for Suikama then.

« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »
Damn. An unexpected trip prevented me to complete my work -_-.

I will prepare my treasure for Suikama then.
Treasure!? :o

Drake

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2010, 08:16:32 PM »
Captured Suikama's last card.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Captured Suikama's last card.
Godrakedammit

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
Drake is far superior to normal mortal men D8?

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »
WINNER

:toot: Stuffman :toot:
Drake:
Glad you decided to do something. Deciding which Aki to fight and splitting the screen was cool (especially since you could bomb and go over to the easier one :VVV) First noncard was great fun. Both first cards did somewhat the same thing, but I think Grape was overall tougher. Eh. Second non wasn't that great. Both cards again, were good. Nice stuff.
21.8/24.7

Naut:
Nice music syncing for the first part of your entry. Loved the dual spellcard system, even if the laser in the middle looked kinda messy. Their cards suited them, and you used the half screen space very well. Didn't really enjoy the non-cards that much, though.
22/24.7

Average: 21.9

Foremoster
Drake:
FOREMOSTEERRRRRRRR
Aside from the rainbow awesome and seizuriffic holy shit what is this which nabbed you extra points...
Shizuha's attack was mainly random. Was okay, but not that good. Rainbow Potato's ring stuff was super cool, but the rest of it was not. Could have done better. Kisume's sttack was uninspired and boringrandom. Jumping Spider was very cool, but I don't really know how to describe it. Wasn't that fun, but cool. Mouse on Seizure was uhhhhh, and it was hard to hit Nazrin. Good, but still bleh. Last card was shiny and cool but bad. Don't do that. Especially the still laser.
21.9/24.7

Naut:
Has a lot of fun with your crazy ass entry. Genuinely freaked me out. I played it a couple of times, and one time Nazrin didn't move anywhere, but was animated as if she was trying to vibrate to the right... Freaky as balls. Well done on that part. Danmaku was neat, but half of it felt un-inspired. The last card was more annoying than fun, but gave a cool effect on the script as a whole.
20.3/24.7

Average: 21.1

Bitz
Drake:
I see where you were going with Minoriko's non, but fast randomness isn't exactly a good thing. Would have been nice with some warning. Rainbow Fruit Harvest is amazing, love the fruit danmaku and the shiny lasers. Yamame's non is great, her spell card is fun but not too appealing. The opposite goes for Nazrin's non, which was pretty but not that fun. The beginning of her card was great, I was actually disappointed you didn't go anywhere with it. Still good, but there's also a huge blind spot up above. Ah well.
21.2/24.7

Naut:
Loved the fruit rainbow. Random as balls, but cool as all shit. Yamame's opener was pretty predictable... I could see what you where you were trying to go with her Miasma storm card, but it still feels like it should've been Kogasa's or something. Nazrin's opener was bleh. Her last card was cool, but felt bland at the same time.
20.8/24.7

Average: 21

Iryan
Drake:
METROIDS JESUS CHRIST no anyways, first non was pretty cool in design but wasn't that fun in the dropping parts. Liekkio however, was brilliant. Once again, the noncard wasn't that great. I saw the obvious PC98 which was neat, but overall wasn't satisying. I do like Cloaca, but it would have been nice with more of a pattern and less random. Youkai's Wishing Well was good, but a bit off-theme.
20.1/24.7

Naut:
Excellent orignal ideas, though I see some Konngara code re-used :V The whirlpool survival card was cool as all blazes, and just as difficult to dodge. Last card felt way too random though, and the whole fight wasn't as feel good as I would've wanted.
21.8/24.7

Average: 20.95

KrackoCloud
Drake:
Kisume's pattern was boring even though I like the shapes. Yamame's first was really cool, I like it. I liked the dodging in Gaping Tangleweb but not too much the visuals. Second non was pretty but reminded me of terrible UFO patterns of evil randomness. Next card was outright boring. Bad. As for the last... Following the player around the screen and firing quick patterns, that change even, is bad. Otherwise, patterns were fine. Would have liked the arms to come down once in a while.
20.5/24.7

Naut:
Some cool danmaku in your entry. Liked Kisume's and Yamame's openers. Yamame's first card was cool too. Her second non was meh. Second card was even more meh, you could've done more with it for sure. Didn't really enjoy your last card, despite it being difficult :V
20.5/24.7

Average: 20.5

Bark
Drake:
Kisume's first noncard was very very fun. Second wasn't as much, but still passable. Yamame's first was also very fun. Dubious Cobweb looked really awesome, but it ended up to just be random scatter, which is not good. THANK YOU FOR SPINNING KISUME. Spider and Bucket wasn't much fun, again. You have more luck in noncards, it seems.
21.0/24.7

Naut:
Love how you had Kisume move along the bullet rope. The danmaku was very Kisume-like for her attacks, and wasn't bad at all. Wish you did something more with Yamame's spider web though, anything other than random bullet spam :( Their combination card could've been better too. Bucket twirling was a highlight :V
19.9/24.7

Average: 20.45

Demonbman
Drake:
Ha ha, old chap! dancing akis. One thing I already mentioned is that your selection defaults to nothing, but Kisume's dancing over Normal and it isn't very obvious. I docked points for that messup, even if a menu is a nice addition. First non is nice, but didn't need a survival. As for the second card, dividing the screen making you unable to hit Shizuha was bad. Fun to dodge anyways. Sakura I wasn't sure whether is was aimed or a random shitfest. I think it changes midway, but whatever. Both were fun, just confusing. Reign over the Dried Earth was just bad lolol
18.7/24.7

Naut:
Nice menu! Love the dancing Aki sisters! And the spellcard practice is awesome too. Didn't like how the first card was static... Though the spinning bullet effect was neat. Second card was cool, would've been better if it was less "random-spammy". Same with the next card. Last card was cool, very difficult, but kinda ugly. Could've done better with the effects methinks.
20.6/24.7

Average: 19.65

Polaris
Drake:
First non looked right, but was super easy and no fun. Needed more movement. First card was also super easy, suffered the same. Second non was much better though! Keep that stuff up. Second card was harder, but mainly because it was just a randomfest. Stay away from entirely random crap. Third non was good, but needed a bit more difficulty. Just a bit. Third card was a totall CtC ripoff Ha ha, old chap!, would have been nicer with less random and maybe an extra easier pattern thrown over it.
18.9/24.7

Naut:
Pretty simple opener and first card. You could've added more too it methinks. Second non-card felt very non-cardy, which I guess is pretty good. Leaves that wither away was neat. Third non was pretty uninspired. Last card could've been improved, but was still pretty cool.
20.1/24.7

Average: 19.5

Thaws
Drake:
Gigantic Swing was fun. Waves could have varied a bit more in speed though. Didn't like the next non much, not sure why though. Pretty fine. Kisume Yoyo however was terrible, don't do that again. Immunity to bombs even, whyyy. Next non was cool but you could have made more than one kind of bullet in there. Last card was very cool, but rrrrrgggg to dodge. Wasn't hard as much as really really annoying.
19.1/24.7

Naut:
Be less paranoid about uploading stuff! Some neat danmaku ideas, but nothing too complicated... Or fun, really. The yoyo card was more annoying than difficult, but was a cool concept. Last card was neat. Your signature popping sound made this script funnier than it should've been :V
17.3/24.7

Average: 18.2

Kylesky
Drake:
Beginning is a total weirdfest man. Still kind of fun, but meh. I do very much like the mutiple healthbars and all that crap you did, but it should have been done with something else. You made so many patterns it's hard to judge; that's why there was a limit. Some of the cards are fun (Bountiful Harvest), some aren't. Butterfly Web was neat was super dull to play. Hit and miss all over, but not too bad.
17.3/24.7

Naut:
I should probably disqualify you since you made so many different attacks :| The random shitstorm when they all attack together was less pleasing than it could've been, and the background was +_+. Yamame's card was pretty ballin'. Didn't enjoy Nazrin's at all. Minoriko's was surprisingly fun to dodge.
17.4/24.7

Average: 17.35

Mewkyuu
Drake:
I actually really liked the first non, but it could have been more than dodging just one bullet in a tight space. First card is NODONTDOTHATJESUSFUCKARGH. Bad. Second non was okay, but throwing the blue orbs in the player's face like that isn't good. Second card is NODONTDOTHATJESUSFUCKARGH. Less than the first, but still bad. Third non gets the same thing as the first. Third card, once again, NODONTDOTHATJESUSFUCKARGH. Surprise ending = flblfb.
15.6/24.7

Naut:
I really wish you'd put more effort into things. You have some great ideas, but you never polish them. This script is pretty evident of that. Some really neat danmaku that either gets to random, too spammy, or too impossible... Some testing and polishing would've gotten you a much better mark.
13.6/24.7

Average: 14.6

Suikama
Drake:
Well oh hey this is pretty nice. Don't like how it's a survival and the randomness is a bit odd, but it's fun. First card is meh. Looks nice, bad to play. Walls. Static-y Ick. Next ca-I CAPTURED IT HAHAHA
finish next time plz
13.6/24.7

Naut:
Awww, you almost had a serious entry! First non was really meh, and Minoriko's card was and improvement, but still "meh". Wish you put more effort into the script, instead of playing Umineko, especially since you had so much time to complete yo[nag nag nag, blah blah blah]eminding you on IRC all the time... Ugh. :V
12/24.7

Average: 12.8

Ha ha, old chap! opinions
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:24:48 AM by Naut »

Re: Danmakufu Contest #6 - Blinded by the Light! (Winners Announced!)
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »
I'm starting to gain a history of last place finshes :3

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2010, 02:14:04 AM »
Yaaaay~ :toot:

Bitz and Polaris had my favorite entries I think, Kracko had really nice visuals but needed some gameplay improvements.

Foremoster's had good cards but it bugged me that it seemed like he was re-using some enemy movements, also Jumping Spider struck me as a bit unreasonable.

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2010, 02:18:35 AM »
Alas, congrats Stuffman, Foremonster, and Bitz for winning the contest! I really didn't care if I won, I had a blast just scripting the entry! And you're right Drake, Sakura starts out aimed for about 300~400 frames then switches to randomness.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2010, 02:25:28 AM »
Congratulations to the winners!

Thanks Drake and Naut for everything too.

Bitz entry was amazing.

Is there any chance you'd be telling us why/how you decided on the number 24.7 for full score?  :3

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2010, 02:51:36 AM »
I'm starting to gain a history of last place finshes :3

I[/b/] have a history of crap finishes. :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp: :derp:
Dang you, Suikama. Stop making me a nothing.

Drake

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2010, 03:30:44 AM »
Is there any chance you'd be telling us why/how you decided on the number 24.7 for full score?  :3
[00:15] <Drake> i am so hyper jesus christ
[00:38] <Naut> stop drinking coffee
[00:41] <Drake> i didn't even
[01:08] <Naut> mark out of what for judging
[01:08] <Naut> xx/30?
[01:09] <Naut> 10?
[01:09] <Drake> iunno
[01:10] <Naut> pick something
[01:10] <Naut> 24.7?
[01:11] <Drake> k

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2010, 04:54:26 AM »
Fifth place! Better than I expected. Of course, there's still plenty of room for improvement. Congratulations to all the top placers!
Kind of sad that my patterns were boring, but I guess that's because of a lack of scripting experience. Better keep working on that.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2010, 05:51:58 AM »
That start gave me the most problems :V Couldn't think of stuff every character can do that won't completely engulf the screen... But that's why I made their health so low...

So... am I supposed to be disqualified? both of you implied it :derp:

Nazrin's could've been a lot better... I know :ohdear:

Also, I love my background... except when it breaks during the spell cards (also, did you guys see those line things coming from the bosses when they use spell cards? :V)

Btw,
Drake:
Butterfly Web was neat was super dull to play.
wut

Drake

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:56 AM »
>but