Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 239991 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Poison is for taking out mobs. Using it on bosses is a waste of time.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »
Poison is for taking out mobs. Using it on bosses is a waste of time.

You disgrace Tewi with such poor trolling =p

Bananamatic

« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »
poison is a good excuse for using china

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #423 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »
poison is a good excuse for using china
As if you need an excuse to such a wonderful tank as her anyway

but yeah
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #424 on: July 03, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »
As if you need an excuse to such a wonderful tank as her anyway

but yeah
just noticed how awful are the other tanks

7F has too much HP and the debuff loses usefulness after maingame, raymoo can't keep up with her
10F doesn't have enough defence funnily enough and rasetsu fist is a OHKO
also China can switch high delay glass cannons around, 10F is good at hogging space and doing absolutely fucking nothing

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #425 on: July 03, 2010, 11:49:30 PM »
It's worth noting that 7F is VIP for 26F boss. Only person who can survive the randomly timed first-slot nukes. Even if she has 0 skill levels in everything, dumping some into HP and bringing her in really makes the boss a lot easier.

Otherwise, she takes too much damage from pretty much everything, and brings nothing notable to the table except resistance to being 0hkoed(Which is offset by what I just said a second ago), DTH for randoms, and weakly-inflict-all-status-abnormalities attack. Emphasis on the "weakly", especially considering that she can't stay out long enough nor has the SP maingame to use it several times in a row. And starting at 18F, most bosses all have too much resistance for it to do anything.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #426 on: July 04, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »
Yeah, said it before. But this game needs more, and better balanced tanks.

Bananamatic

« Reply #427 on: July 04, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
First slot? 9F, 16F and Reimu have a lot of tanking potential too :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #428 on: July 04, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
Oh god special disk
You can put in your own portraits
Asdfgh

Bananamatic

« Reply #429 on: July 04, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
to be honest:
1) new bgm sucks
2) I prefer the brohou portraits
3) eh...where does the grinding get easier? I'm at 21F boss and he doesn't seem any easier, nor do the enemies give more exp :V
4) Did the 20F battle BGM change to the 24+ one?

Also...selling stuff. 20F rares go for no more than 100-150k. Uniques go for more, boss rush mask for 5m. But what are the percentages on the selling screen?

edit edit edit

did the 20F droprate increase? 10 battles, second flower blade and third divine spirit barrier

EDIT EDIT EDIT
according to the chart, flower blade, scourge, divine barrier and armads are now  5% drops

farm away :V
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:11:35 PM by Bananamatic »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #430 on: July 04, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »
You got the special disk?
Or is this via 3.01 patch without special disk?
Lol garlyle... That guy won't listen don't bother. I like how he assumes everyone actually counts damage dealt and knows exactly how many hp each boss has. Someone should have played before the wiki spoiled em rotten
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:35:29 PM by Ghaleon »

Bananamatic

« Reply #431 on: July 04, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
3.01 doesn't work without the special disk, so... :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #432 on: July 04, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
You got the special disk?
Or is this via 3.01 patch without special disk?
3.01 patch is for the special disk, and won't work without it.

About the "easier grinding", I think this actually just referred to the new ability to level up more then once at a time. Although if any grinding was changed, there's still the chance that 30F is no longer OLOLOL TIME TO GRIND 300 LEVELS FOR THE BOSS (literally)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #433 on: July 04, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
We'll be needing new cheat tables I reckon.

Bananamatic

« Reply #434 on: July 04, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
encounter rate: 001315B8

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: July 04, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Also, Banana, about you disliking the new bgms; there's an option somewhere to use the old ones.

Don't ask me where, I'm still trying to get Special Disk :X

Bananamatic

« Reply #436 on: July 04, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »
I know, just saying.

And the 21F boss is pissing me off.
I swear I was a hit or two off winning already several times.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #437 on: July 04, 2010, 10:41:06 PM »
I know, just saying.

And the 21F boss is pissing me off.
I swear I was a hit or two off winning already several times.

unless you cheated to level again most likely not, that boss is harder than the bosses up to level 25ish. Best to ignore it and do the next few floors. 22-26 isn't really poorly balanced either actually compared to 21 itself and 27+

Bananamatic

« Reply #438 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »
Took him out with a lv211 Reimu. Gotta love Megawatt Linear Gun. :V

Also, never cheated except for making the encounter rate 200% when I needed to grind(15F made 18F grinding easy).
Simply removed pointless walking around which doesn't make stuff any more legit. Everyone should do this.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #439 on: July 05, 2010, 01:22:49 AM »
Took him out with a lv211 Reimu. Gotta love Megawatt Linear Gun. :V

Also, never cheated except for making the encounter rate 200% when I needed to grind(15F made 18F grinding easy).
Simply removed pointless walking around which doesn't make stuff any more legit. Everyone should do this.

211 sounds about right. IIRC I was 230ish. but that was my first playthru, with no Wiki up yet, and refusing to replace my team members with less useless ones after playting thru the whole game with them for so long (sakuya AND aya, Sanae AND minoruke, no glass cannon characters other than patchy, etc). Plus you got those bonus skillpoints for selling those items *want*. Having a defense oriented team on a boss that doubles its attack power every 4 turns is bad to >=P

wtf you doing on floor 21 still at that level though? IIRC I was wandering around in there at 160 or something, came across that boss, and was screaming mommy so hard my monitor shattered. Trying to kill burninator without knowing it's actually not immune to paralyze had the same effect >=P.

Encounter rate cheat sounds useful though.

edit: Does anybody know what the 3.01 patch does to 3.00?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:43:55 AM by Ghaleon »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #440 on: July 05, 2010, 02:30:28 AM »
I was actually able to finish going through all the files today. Since I won't be around for about a week, here's what I have so far. This is largely untested, but everything seems to be working fine, and there were no fatal errors when I started the game at least. If you see any untranslated text, horribly aligned text, translations that are blatantly on the wrong text, please report them here so I can get to it when I return.
Back up the original executable, then replace it with this. That's all you need to do.
http://www.mediafire.com/?nozkkndjmud

Stuff I already know about:
The OK... and NG... menu items are untranslated.
The map names overflow horribly. I'm working on that.
No graphic translations. Too big to include them here anyways. No, you can't use the old files, don't even bother trying.

Enemy attacks and the TP expire messages are the most likely offenders for missing translations, since I had to overhaul both files completely.
Temporary Special Disk english patch. Not the final or even tested product, but it should be much better then japanese for people who can't read moonrunes (aka most of us).

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #441 on: July 05, 2010, 04:22:51 AM »
Save files from 2.x seem to work fine with the Special Disc, at least I haven't seen any errors so far. Good to know, I guess.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #442 on: July 05, 2010, 04:34:40 AM »
Save files from 2.x seem to work fine with the Special Disc, at least I haven't seen any errors so far. Good to know, I guess.

I kind of want to finish my current game without it before trying with, just because it feels right to do so >=P.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #443 on: July 05, 2010, 04:38:09 AM »
Also, for anyone who doesn't understand how to switch character art. You put a .png (Specifically asks for .png format) into the "CharaGraph" folder with the correct name, and the game will use it. The text file inside tells you the specifics, but I'll tell them here too.

You name the file -----_Stand.png for the big images (that show the whole character, goes on your save screen, etc), -----_SFace.png for the small face pictures (like in the Libary for using skill points), and -----_LFace.png for the bigger face pictures that you see during battle for everyone. ----- is where the character's name goes, and the text file will tell you which name to use; generally their first name, in English, but there's exceptions like Tenko, Undonge, and RIN (in caps). The _ is indeed part of the filename needed.

_SFace should be 50x50 pixels big, _LFace should be 104x112, and _Stand should be 300x360 pixels.

So for example, if I place Reimu_LFace.png, a .png image that is 104x112 pixels big, into the CharaGraph folder, then the game shall use said image for Reimu's in-party face pictures next time I load it.

I kind of want to finish my current game without it before trying with, just because it feels right to do so >=P.
Plus if anyone's stat gains changed (I'm looking at you, Rumia) then you'll need to do this to reap benefits. Speaking of this, if Pesco or some other person familiar with the game data could check Rumia's Special Disk stat gains with the ones on the wiki, that would be appreciated. There is no way Demarcation could possibly heal as much is it did in that video, without SOMETHING having been buffed; and Moonlight Ray, I don't believe would have been as strong in 2.04/6 as it was there. And if one of her stats was changed, it wouldn't be surprising if more of them were as well.

EDIT:Read that completely wrong somehow. Whatever :x
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:42:24 AM by NeoSerela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #444 on: July 05, 2010, 04:57:56 AM »
I hope they make it so if you NG+ and keep all the characters you unlock (but not their levels), that we don't have to manually fix all the @%#%#@ing stats again. Like how everyone in page 5 had the exact same debuff/elemental resistances.

As for Rumia, I didn't see the video so no comment. But every time I see people complain that Rumia sucks, I always think they just dump her before trying her. Or think she sucks cuz they're casting moonlight ray on someone with 500 mys resistance. Because despite not giving her amazing gear or whatever, I'd consistently see her moonlight ray shit for about the same damage as a silent selene from Patchy...And do it much faster.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #445 on: July 05, 2010, 05:06:44 AM »
Rumia has a rock-bottom SPD growth, fyi. It's 6; Patch has 5. Most everyone has at least 8, I think. And while she's throwing around Silent Selene damage at first, she falls behind before long, to what other characters should be doing with their random-mob-killing multihits. Trust me. I really, really tried to use her on my first two playthroughs, and she just SUCKS.

Her speed is rock bottom. Her HP is pitiful. Her def sucks ass and her MND, while being decent (although certainly not great), amounts to nothing because of her pitiful HP. Demarcation heals almost nothing and rebuffing is often easier then undebuffing, especially since Rumia will likely die before she gets a Demarcation out. Her MND-ignore attack's damage also doesn't keep up, so even once you're fighting supertank enemies, it STILL hardly shines.

But in that video against 30F final boss, Demarcation healed half of what Reimu's heal did. Moonlight Ray did 4/5ths the damage of Youmu's single target nuke. I can't be POSITIVE about whether Ray could do that before (I really don't think so), but Demarcation is definitely better now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:09:20 AM by NeoSerela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
I never said Rumia was good, just that her moonlight ray is powerful >=P. I really doubt they buffed it this patch but we'll see.

In other news I just pawnt 18F boss at Reimu 95. I Got to it without any grinding yet this playthru at 92, lost like 3 guys after only getting to move once, grinded a few levels, tried again, lost 15f glass cannon girl from a random gold sword, then 16f girl to a retsetsu fist on the first and second turn. I decided to screw it and play anyway just to see how it went...Man after that first phase the boss is a JOKE, pretty much the rest of the fight was nothing but 0's except for the occasional gold sword. I really don't see why people find it so hard. I rekon I could have done it much earlier level if I wasn't only 3 below to begin with, and if I wasn't intimidated by the bad start on my first attempt.

Maybe playing defensively is just unusually good for it, makes sense I suppose since it's a high endurance low dps fight.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2010, 08:09:50 AM »
Special Disk inspired me to resume the grinding for 19F/20F.  First drop from 20F was a motherloving Scourge.

I'm very happy at the increased drop rates >8D

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #448 on: July 05, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Special Disk inspired me to resume the grinding for 19F/20F.  First drop from 20F was a motherloving Scourge.

I'm very happy at the increased drop rates >8D

stfu and go back to WUCS.

No seriously, I just hit 19F on my 2nd playthru (2nd and a half really since I lost my real second playthru at floor 16ish), I want to play the special disk so bad but but...stuff.

Bananamatic

« Reply #449 on: July 05, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
The 22F boss is an equal dick.
Fuck Ultimate Light Cannon. And why does he get 4m HP over the previous floor boss?