Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 222887 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #990 on: March 28, 2019, 09:00:57 PM »
>The "sticking", or creating one without any noticeable movement from us?

//Additionally:
>How are spellcards declared, do we need to just say its name while holding to invoke it? Or is it possible to hold it, say its name, and not invoke it?
>Does activating a spellcard cause our eyes to glaze over? Or do our eyes seem normal (as normal as a trance can be)?

> Both. Elis is too fast and strong [You know she's far above a human] to have any chance, and you would certainly need to move to cast one her size anyway.

> You literally declare the name of the spellcard, while holding it towards your intended target.

> Eyes appear normal; you just enter a magically-invoked trance as you perform the danmaku. Otherwise everyone could deviate the patterns and movement so they can't get hit and that would be cheating. At the same time; a magical boundry forms so the target can't just time it out by fleeing [And other people can't cheat it out by shooting from outside and such]. This is part of the magic of the Spellcards themselves, being a system created by Reimu, who's skilled with boundaries, it has nothing to do with your own magic.

> Can we fake declare a spell card?  Ex do what we normally do but fire a nonspell weaker imitation of it?

> It wouldn't fool a Gensokyian, but it's entirely possible since Elis is Makaian. You think that could work.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #991 on: March 28, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »
> We might not be able to cast a demarcation barrier on Elis without her noticing but can we cast it on stationary Alice without Elis noticing?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #992 on: March 28, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »
> We might not be able to cast a demarcation barrier on Elis without her noticing but can we cast it on stationary Alice without Elis noticing?
>On that note would we be able to stick a demarcation barrier to someone other than Elis? Or would we need to consciously move it with them.

>Also if we do not hold the spellcard towards Elis when we invoke its name, will it activate the spellcard? Otherwise how would one fake a spellcard without actually activating it?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #993 on: March 28, 2019, 09:26:13 PM »

> Yes, you could be able to do that. You are unsure what effect this would have however, given Elis' spell seemed to be cast by the flash of red light, not a sustained light.

>On that note would we be able to stick a demarcation barrier to someone other than Elis? Or would we need to consciously move it with them.

>Also if we do not hold the spellcard towards Elis when we invoke its name, will it activate the spellcard? Otherwise how would one fake a spellcard without actually activating it?

> You could form a barrier around someone else, but moving it with them would require conscious effort.

> Provided you don't point it at anyone else, it won't activate. Or you can just do something like say the name and not even pull out the spellcard to 'fake' it. As long as you're not doing what you need to activate it you're fine.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #994 on: March 28, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
> Since its an illusion and Alice has her eyes open, our darkness would block the illusion she is stuck in (akin to going out of range of the spell)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #995 on: March 28, 2019, 09:35:25 PM »
>How accurately can we emulate one of our spellcards without actually declaring it?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #996 on: March 28, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
> Since its an illusion and Alice has her eyes open, our darkness would block the illusion she is stuck in (akin to going out of range of the spell)

> You're fairly sure the spell was tied to the flash of light; judging by Elis' praise of your darkness sphere blocking the light, and how you were the only one unaffected.

[It placed those who saw it into the illusion, which persists as long as Elis is around. Cutting line of sight won't do anything. The only way you're waking anyone up is getting Elis out of range. A range she hasn't even specified.]

>How accurately can we emulate one of our spellcards without actually declaring it?

> Spellcards are your most powerful attacks, so fairly closely; although it will be notably weaker, you doubt Elis would know any better since she hasn't seen you fight.

[Oh god #996; I'll probobly lock this next exchange and get the OP for thread 3 ready due to 1000 limit. For consistency I'd rather not have to do that in the middle of a boss fight but what can ya do?]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:08:13 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #997 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:51 PM »
//So apparently Word of God confirms we've missed the hint so far.

//Back to the drawing board I suppose... Time for a new plan.

>Don't commit to any proposed plans until there is general agreement.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #998 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:59 PM »
> Do we think shes vulnerable to the sunlight from the approaching dawn?

> Shank Elis

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #999 on: March 28, 2019, 11:18:56 PM »
> Do we think shes vulnerable to the sunlight from the approaching dawn?

> Shank Elis

> You would assume so, but cannot be certain

===

As it will be quite a while until I am able to next parse and the thread is so close to the limit; to facilitate discussion without autolock I am locking this one now and making the next thread.

New thread will be up shortly.