Author Topic: Official Touhou Project Magazine 2016: w/ Uni Akiyama and ZUN's music CD  (Read 167201 times)

Re: Official Touhou Project Magazine Announced
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 07:57:16 PM »
ZUN thinks the appearance of Yukari in Marisa's ending is the beginning.

So just to clarify, the sequence where Marisa had a talk with Yukari in Marisa's Ending was actually before Marisa went to the moon? So instead of an ending for Marisa we get a prologue instead?

I would love to learn more about what kinds of things ZUN describes about the Touhouverse from this magazine.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
So just to clarify, the sequence where Marisa had a talk with Yukari in Marisa's Ending was actually before Marisa went to the moon? So instead of an ending for Marisa we get a prologue instead?

No; he means that Marisa's ending is the "beginning of a new story".
Marisa discusses with Yukari the recent Barrier affairs (ULiL and LoLK) and she mentions Sagume as well, Yukari saying she's an interesting person.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2015, 04:55:02 AM »
1. ZUN thinks the appearance of Yukari in Marisa's ending is the beginning.
I got more hype from this than I probably should have.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »

Ah I see, thanks.

I would love for there to be a brief summery of the ULiL interview. I bet there are some juicy tidbits in there about it's production that would be interesting.

I got more hype from this than I probably should have.

A little bit of evidence that ZUN has no intention of retiring from Touhou yet? I'll drink to that!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:00:20 PM by HalfGrand »

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:58 AM »
Oh man, can't believe it takes many days for my shitty translation to be posted on 4chan, and now I am going to summarize new CoLA
I was thinking about briefly summarize FS 32 also, but it's irrelevant and probably better post it in misc thoughts thread after new WaHH spoiler is out.

Thanks for clarifying, some people misunderstood that apparently.
10. There are many more stuffs about hell. Eiki is just a judge from an organization created by oni from hell. (plz don't kill me if i translated this sentence wrong)
This part is really fucked up, I'm so sorry.

(As always, my translation is not good and there may be several errors)
1. It starts with Sumireko's perspective.
2. Reimu and Marisa told her not to go to forest, she did so anyway, and found Kourindou with a ton of junks that only appears in picture of the past (before she was born)
3. And then it changes to Rinnosuke's perspective.
4. Sumireko shows him her smartphone.
5. One of the reason why Sumireko likes Gensokyo: PEOPLE DON'T USE THEIR PHONES ALL THE TIME. 
"It's fine when people use phones for basic communications, but people nowadays use phones to chat, watch news, play games, and watch video. Finally interesting things happen all around the world, but people can't see those things with their eyes. People take pictures only for something that would start a discussion on social media website, they don't care what pictures did they take. There are so many supernatural things happening in the world."    (Rinnosuke: i cri eveyteim)
6. Sumireko promised that she will bring more items (read: junks) to Kourindou for selling.

7. I bet there are people who don't give a fuck at any of those things above but this one: Rinnosuke has an assistant.
There is no physical description nor the name of the assistant. Sumireko met him/her/it before she entered Kourindou
Rinnosuke said he hired that assistant to help him picking up items, and as a reward, Rinnosuke paid him/her/it meager salary and told him/her/it the name and use of the items. But he/she/it always picks up worthless items, so Rinnosuke had to go by himself anyway.
(which means either we have a new character, or it's an existing character, some guesses are Tokiko, Marisa, and Nazrin.

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2015, 03:10:27 AM »
Thank you for that aside on phones, Sumireko.  I've been saying the same thing since the day we took my grandfather out for his birthday and everyone watched a football game on their phones the entire dinner!

Now I wonder what sort of hijinks her various gifts to Rinnosuke will end up in!

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2015, 03:30:01 AM »
When something involving Yukari is "only the beginning" then you KNOW something is up...

Wow, Hecatia trumping the Yama is just...  wow...

Also, if Clownpiece is wearing her outfit based on the flags that she saw on the moon then she should be dressed in pure white (which actually would still be fitting given purification from Junko).

http://gizmodo.com/5930450/all-the-american-flags-on-the-moon-are-now-white

Drake

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2015, 03:57:22 AM »
moon rabbits replaced the american flags with white flags once they heard humans use white flags to represent surrender

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Re: Official Touhou Project magazine announced
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:45 AM »
Now *this* is an interesting development in the Touhou "brand". I remember ZUN has always been talking about in interviews how he wanted to help other people in the doujin scene and this is a good platform for doing just that. I will defiantly be interested in how this turns out (especially the world building stuff).

Yesterday, shooting games... Today, a magazine... Tomorrow... An anime?

Also, dose this mean that ZUN thought it would be fun to get involved in magazine printing? I remember ZUN saying that he likes to get into things if he thinks they will be fun to make... like his games.

Your wish may very well be true. Take a look at this, it's just in yesterday:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/45613750.html

Remember the Touhou x Anime Tenchou animation from Ufotable 5 years ago? They're going to publish it now.
At the live stream of Machi★Asobi, Koyama from Animate along with Ufotable, announced the collaboration anime is undergoing packaging for distribution.
Package Cover Art

It's also scheduled to air in Japan cinemas on next Sunday, October 11th starting at 3:00 PM in Japan.

EDIT: Futaba thread for those interested

This is actually rather sudden, since it originally shouldn't be allowed for public distribution. I wonder what led into this, and whether ZUN knows, since I haven't found any respond from him.
Does this warrant a new thread, or should it just be kept here in case this is bogus?

moon rabbits replaced the american flags with white flags once they heard humans use white flags to represent surrender
Wait, seriously?  :V
On the magazine, I expected it to be full of funny and interesting details. Glad it is true.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:06:30 AM by monhan »

Drake

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:13 AM »
Oh my GOD I have been waiting for this FOREVER (read: since the initial screening). Instant hype!

Wait, seriously?  :V
Nah, but it's a believable in-universe explanation, isn't it? Precedent and all.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2015, 05:07:55 AM »
Your wish may very well be true. Take a look at this, it's just in yesterday:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/45613750.html

Remember the Touhou x Anime Tenchou animation from Ufotable 5 years ago?
They're going to publish it now. At the live stream of Machi★Asobi, Koyama from Animate along with Ufotable, announced the collaboration anime is undergoing packaging for distribution.
Package Cover Art

It's also scheduled to air on Cinema on next Sunday, October 11th starting at 3:00 PM in Japan.
OH MY GOD this better be real. I'm the same with Drake, ever since they announced it way back then I've been always been hoping with a slither of hope that they'll release it eventually. Oh god yes.

kevin1127

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2015, 05:19:46 AM »
Remember the Touhou x Anime Tenchou animation from Ufotable 5 years ago? They're going to publish it now.
At the live stream of Machi★Asobi, Koyama from Animate along with Ufotable, announced the collaboration anime is undergoing packaging for distribution.
Package Cover Art

Is this official anime, ZUN didn't even mention this

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2015, 05:26:39 AM »
Is this official anime, ZUN didn't even mention this

No, it's not. According to this tweet 5 years ago, ZUN considers the anime as Animate Doujin product, and he had no bearing in its creation. The original airing itself was kept within limited events under ZUN's wish, and no leak was obtainable. Ever since then, it's never mentioned again and is kept within Ufotable's property.
Thus this isn't an official anime, but it's as official as we can get now since the studio IS Ufotable.

That's why I find the sudden announcement, frankly, suspicious. I sure hope this won't turn into trouble and ends well, since I've always wanted to see it as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:36:37 AM by monhan »

Drake

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2015, 05:35:21 AM »
It isn't official in the least. This was an OVA produced by ufotable back in 2010 for the 10th anniversary of the anime retailer Animate's mascot, Meito Anizawa. Westerners might recognize him best as having cameos in the Lucky Star anime. For the anniversary there were a bunch of high-quality goodies/events that were made, including two OVAs produced by ufotable, one of them being this Touhou crossover. However, it was only screened specially for a select group and then vanished into the void for various reasons (ZUN's reluctance to having an anime aired, the potential for commercialization, etc), so not very many people saw it. It was pretty highly publicized at the time so it was a great disappointment to Touhou fans for it to remain unaired. The commercialization aspect in particular is one thing that has since changed, as ZUN now seems fairly adjusted to dealing with Touhou-related business propositions, so maybe that's part of why it's resurfacing. Besides the 15th anniversary coming up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:39:27 AM by Drake »

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:22 AM »
The commercialization aspect in particular is one thing that has since changed, as ZUN now seems fairly adjusted to dealing with Touhou-related business propositions, so maybe that's part of why it's resurfacing. Besides the 15th anniversary coming up.

That might be the case. Still waiting for more details to come regarding this announcement.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
7. I bet there are people who don't give a fuck at any of those things above but this one: Rinnosuke has an assistant.

Really hope it's a new character. c:

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
Hah, so Sumireko is going to be ZUN's soapbox this time? Kinda like Kanako was in SoPM.

I mean why else would a teen girl go on a rant about the evils of cellphones otherwise :V
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »
aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :getdown:

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:29 PM »
Whaaaaaaaa  :o ? I'd watch this !
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:33:07 PM by Suspicious person »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »
Not that hyped about this, the art (based on what is seen on the cover art) doesn't really click with me at all - the complete opposite actually, it kind of puts me off - and I'm kinda wary of crossovers of any kind. I'll probably watch it out of curiosity if it is released at all, but I'm not hyped about it...

What I'm much more hype about is
I hope it means it's the beginning of a new "story arc" for Touhou, although I kinda hope it features Sagume and Junko more so than Hecatia.  :V

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:12:41 PM by Flandre5carlet »

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »
(which means either we have a new character, or it's an existing character, some guesses are Tokiko, Marisa, and Nazrin.

Not sure it would be Marisa because A. She and Reimu told Sumireko not to go to the forest, and B. Sumireko would have recognized her. My guess is a new character (that will probably remain nameless), but if I had to choose from existing characters, Tokiko is likely, or maybe one of the random humans from the Human Village stage in HM (namely, the one with the straight bangs that stands near Rinnosuke.)

In any case, thanks for the translation! Of course, with the new anime thing announced as well, I have quite a bit to look forward to.

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »
An anime?  :getdown:

... Awww it's just a cross over thing with that Meito Anizawa character that's no where near official. Not hyped, especially when there is already great yet unofficial Touhou Doujin Anime's that are more faithful to the source material (Dose not contain Meito!)

ZUN is required to at least give it his seal of approval before I am even remotely interested. If ZUN works/collaborates with its production himself... hype.

Mark my words... there *will* be a official touhou anime sometime in the future... even if its ages in the future like the 20th anniversary or more. If ZUN is willing to step outside his comfort zone for a magazine and expand like that then it will naturally come, I can just feel it!

We the fans though, have to help make that happen by continuing to support ZUN and make it even more popular. Kind of like how the Metal Gear series would not have reached up to 5 if nobody cared for MGS1.

However, ZUN just dose whatever ZUN wants even if nobody cared for Touhou. He makes the shooting games simply to please himself and doesn't rely on any fan interference to guide how he wants Touhou to develop (based on previous interviews). That is the wild card in all this.

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »
Someone knows if there is a translation of the CoLA part?
Paty

kevin1127

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:26 AM »
Someone knows if there is a translation of the CoLA part?
As far as I know I don't think there is any English translation yet, but I made a brief summary (kind of) in this thread that might give you some information.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2015, 03:06:59 AM »
I definitely want to get cracking on it ASAP but work/shipping/life/games/etc...........

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »
shipping

look man i know yuri is grea tbut you gotta get a hold of yourself
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
i will cut u

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
I was reading the LoLK interview on the wiki, and it seems Yukari in Marisa's ending isn't actually the start of a new story (sadly, i'd add). The current translations goes as:

I: "In Marisa's ending, Yukari appears after not having shown herself for all this time."
Z: "It's almost like that should be the opening, right (laugh). Well, since it's Marisa's ending, it's not really clear if that's canon or not. "

Another thing is Hecatia, with:

Z: "She's completely past the level of anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital."

Is this accurate or at least open to interpretations? It's hard to believe that she's THAT great, and she's later called "just a normal goddess of Hell" :V

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
I was reading the LoLK interview on the wiki, and it seems Yukari in Marisa's ending isn't actually the start of a new story (sadly, i'd add). The current translations goes as:

I: "In Marisa's ending, Yukari appears after not having shown herself for all this time."
Z: "It's almost like that should be the opening, right (laugh). Well, since it's Marisa's ending, it's not really clear if that's canon or not. "

Another thing is Hecatia, with:

Z: "She's completely past the level of anyone in Gensokyo or the Lunar Capital."

Is this accurate or at least open to interpretations? It's hard to believe that she's THAT great, and she's later called "just a normal goddess of Hell" :V

Well Shikieiki is pretty much a judge from hell, so that would make Hecatia, technically speaking, her superior.  She's probably pretty high up as far as ranks go, but the real question is if she is _A_ goddess of hell or _THE_ goddess of hell.

If the latter, we'd have literally touhou satan :V

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2015, 11:56:09 PM »
Well Shikieiki is pretty much a judge from hell, so that would make Hecatia, technically speaking, her superior.  She's probably pretty high up as far as ranks go, but the real question is if she is _A_ goddess of hell or _THE_ goddess of hell.
Not going to comment on Shiki here, but lunarians are supposed to be the highest gods around. Being "completely past" ANYONE in the lunar capital is really an absurdly high level.