Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807146 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Can't say I'm thrilled  :derp:. This is gonna make cross-ups/unders and stagger pressure even more viable compared to going for guard crush.
For instance, I can already see Reimu going for the full meter pillar crush setup and getting repelled right after quick declaration, wasting 1200 meter and possibly even letting the defending Marisa cast 400-meter skittles due to frame advantage lol. And Sumireko guaranteed wakeup damage from gun crush is still gonna be a thing, bomb declaration or not :V.

Well, I at least hope for some individual tweaks in addition to the new mechanics. Would be nice to get Kokoro's permament occult knives back, now that her crush setup can be interrupted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:14:51 PM by Critz »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Calling for brliron, brliron please standby for update. :V

I'm wondering, are these guarding changes and "Interrupt Declaration" features something that people have been demanding from TasFro to implement for a long time? To me it seems like very tiny changes that won't really change much in the long run. Did they really spend all this time after all the hype for this game died down to simply fine tune the guarding mechanic? I really was sure that TasFro were finished developing ULiL since I didn't hear any announcements for further version updates back in 2015. But hey, I am both surprised and thankful at the same time that they haven't simply released it and forgot about it.

Team Occult only just released the English Patch for v1.00 too a little while ago! I bet the team is going to be annoyed to have to go over all their work again to have their patch work with v1.20... if they even intend to do so. If team Occult isn't going to bother with overhauling their hard worked patch simply so we can have fancier guarding then honestly, I am okay with that. I am quite happy with my English patched v1.00 and if team Occult doesn't feel like its worth overhauling their patch to accommodate these small changes, I will shed no tears over it.

I don't think all that patch work on v1.00 has gone to waste though... not by a long shot. Hopefully it is only a matter of copying and pasting their already created code for the previous version and making some minor tweaks to it. Hey, it could be worse. We might be having to deal with a BRAND NEW CHARACTER to translate, code and have team Occult spend sleepless nights over.  :V 

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Considering that Interrupt Declaration is almost like the Burst mechanic from ArcSys games, I'd say that can be a pretty big game-changer. As for why it took this long, it probably took 'em a lot of testing to finally get it right. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I don't think they originally planned the guard burst mechanic. It's most likely just a response to a few characters (Sukuna, Kokoro) having guaranteed guard-crush set ups so the pushblock mechanic and burst would prevent that, considering how powerful offense is in this game.

PK

• Border of Whatever
update 1.21 also out

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
What's changed this time?

update 1.21 also out

Daaaammn son, there just pumping them out all of a sudden!

Any news on the changes?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
What's changed this time?

Any news on the changes?

Just bug fixes, as expected from a patch coming out this quickly.

I wish there are mirrors of those update patches, because I can't access their site.
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

I wish there are mirrors of those update patches, because I can't access their site.
Are you able to download from this direct link? http://tasofro.net:8080/arc/th145_update_121b.exe
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

PK

• Border of Whatever
Wasn't there the autopatcher?

1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
You know what, I'll just go ahead and mirror it here. Next time though, I'd recommend VPN Gate if you really can't afford a paid VPN.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Tasofro diary updated.

- Version 1.22 will be released on Mar 7;
- The ranked match test will begin with 1.22, including server-side recording of player profile and history;
- The lobby rooms Easty to Freedom will be closed until Version 1.30;
- Player records will be reset upon the release of 1.30;
- IP address-based games are still available.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:31:41 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

7TC7

• In best company
Is there a changelog for the new update, because the game feels different. Faster, for one thing. And I also feel like I see minor differences in characters, but I can't really put my figner on anything. Where Mamizous Pokeballs always color coded?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Is there a changelog for the new update, because the game feels different. Faster, for one thing. And I also feel like I see minor differences in characters, but I can't really put my figner on anything. Where Mamizous Pokeballs always color coded?

A lot of the changes occurred in the 1.20 patch. You can see the full translated patchlist here
http://pastebin.com/raw/sniE28W9

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
A lot of the changes occurred in the 1.20 patch. You can see the full translated patchlist here
Huh, I should get around to testing if Mokou's LW is still pure YOLO sometime.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Huh, I should get around to testing if Mokou's LW is still pure YOLO sometime.

it's much easier to combo into 6aaa > 6CC > SS (SC Cancel) > LW that's for sure.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Welp, the game's now exiting itself after a while for whatever reason on my end, even with the DLL hook launcher. :V

7TC7

• In best company

Ah, thank you for that. I mostly kept playing the English patched version until trying out the lobbies and didn't notice the changes sooner that way.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
I tried to update but before the update can be installed it throws an error and doesn't install.

Anyone got this issue? I'm using the eng patch btw.

Has it even been confirmed that the English patch works with this update?

Perhaps Fumi, the English patch exe has been so heavily modified by Team Occult that the auto patcher won't recognize it?

Just my speculation, hopefully some clarification on this will come soon.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
The english patch works entirely separate from the unpatched game, so it won't affect the updater. You'll still have both 1.22b and the english patch 1.11 as well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Assuming you didn't like, decide to overwrite the original exe with the english one.

You'll have to use the japanese exe to play the updated version, the english exe will not be 1.22.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ahh, I see. I thought that there might have been a risk of a desync with the English exe and the original exe if one got updated and not the other.

So when you update the Japanese base game to 1.22, the English exe is still the previous version since they are separate entities that don't function off of each other... huh.

Well, as a filthy gaijin that has never touch the original exe I'll just stick to playing my currently outdated English exe until somebody finishes updating the English patch to a new version.  :V

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've spotted a "Use UPnP" option in the VS Network menu. Does anyone know what it does?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've spotted a "Use UPnP" option in the VS Network menu. Does anyone know what it does?
If your router supports UPnP the game can automatically set up port forwarding without you having to do it manually.

I need help. I am using windows 10, when I open the game it runs fine, but after a while it just closes without any proper explanation/prompt. This only happens to the Jap ver and not the Eng Patch, please  help! :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Yeah, that also happened to me on Win8, no idea why it happened either, and the DLL hook launcher didn't help too.