Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 803236 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Reitaisai is on May 10, so I think we can expect new info towards the end of April.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
We can expect the actual game's release on May 10th, right? Either way now I'm more excited for this month
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:04:30 PM by Doki-Doki »

Unabara tweeted the update in Tasofro's homepage for ULiL
http://tasofro.net/touhou145/index.html

Release date confirmed. Reitaisai 12, May 10th 2015.
New cover jacket with new character's silhouette.
Mokou and Shinmyoumaru confirmed
Spoiler:
On another note, Mokou is officially flat as a board

Ya better start hyping. Also, I think it's safe to trust any gamecode hack to reveal the rosters from now on.

There's some fun details there, but wait a while before I put them here.
Also, Unabara said that they'll be updating the news periodically starting from now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:55:24 AM by monhan »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Moe's Shinmyoumaru is as cute as ever.

And the HM characters (or at least Miko and Byakuren), as expected.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:48:22 AM by Quwanti »

Drake

Quote from: http://tasofro.net/touhou145/chara.html
オカルト「人体自然発火現象」

炎を操る不死の人。身に纏う炎を駆使した格闘戦キャラ
フットワークが軽く、己の身を省みない接近戦こそ真骨頂

オカルトアタックは「人体自然発火」
使用すると体が青い炎で燃え上がり、
体力を犠牲に火力を増加する
オカルトアタック以外でも、
妹紅は自傷ダメージを受ける行動が多いので
体力回復必殺技であるリザレクションでフォローしよう
Occult "Spontaneous Human Combustion Phenomenon"

A fire-manipulating immortal. A character that fights hand-to-hand with their body wrapped in controllable flames.
Light on her feet, she doesn't hold back and fights in close combat without regard for her own body.

Her Occult Attack is "Spontaneous Human Combustion"
When used, her body bursts into blue flames, and at the cost of some health, her fire's power increases.
Even outside of her Occult Attack, Mokou uses many attacks that damage herself, so you should follow up with her health-restoring technique, "Resurrection".

im ded

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

PK

• Border of Whatever
Occult "Spontaneous Human Combustion Phenomenon"

It reminds me that in wahh 24 there was that dragon trained by Kasen that could cause "spontaneous human combustion" by covering itself in lightning and stricking them (not just humans actually, it could burn down anything). Probably just a coincidence, but...

Also, i don't know how they did for the others games outside of HM, but i find it weird that they revealed everyone so fast (implying HM cast is there by default). I'm probably expecting too much, but i hope there will be someone else in place of some from HM.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:25:59 AM by PK »

I don't remember how it was before, so I dunno if there's anything new in the story preview.

So I'll start with Mokou and Shinmyoumaru's profile

Fujiwara no Mokou - Blaze! Human Inferno
Occult Name : "Spontaneous Human Combustion Phenomenon" (No explanation needed, I guess)
An immortal human that can manipulate fire. Melee-type character utilizing flames, clad all over her body.
With a light footwork, she fights on close combat without regards on her own body.

Her Occult attack is "Spontaneous Human Combustion".
Using it will start to kindle her body in blue flames. Increases attack power at the expense of reducing health. However, she also has several moves that will use up her health, so use her regeneration skill "Resurrection" as a follow-up for that.

Sukuna Shinmyoumaru - Fake! Inchling in Green
Occult Name : "Little Green Men" (Almost certianly Liliput or Leprechauns, but it may refer to Xiaoluren)
An inchling fighting with Needle swordsmanship and a mysterious mallet. Tiny, but she compensates with dynamic attacks and reach using her whole body. A combatant that circles around her opponent using flurry of attacks.

Her Occult attack is "The Little Green Men Tumbled".
Call upon green inchlings that will sneak and float over the opponent. When the opponent shows their back to them, they'll strike with ruthless attacks.

Moe's Shinmyoumaru is as cute as ever.

And the HM characters (or at least Miko and Byakuren), as expected.
I didn't notice that at first  :V
Ehem, excuse me.
Spoiler:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

EDIT: Half ninja'd by Drake   :derp:
Fixed from cuc's correction.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:53:54 PM by monhan »

Drake

it's ok you ninja'd my shinmyoumaru edit so we're even

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Shinmyoumaru art is nice. Mokou art is eh. Her arms are a little thin. Nevertheless,  I'm excited that these two got confirmed.

I assume that Mokou playstyle is brute forcing while damaging herself while Shinmyoumaru is attacking from afar while hiding herself in the bowl.  :V

it's ok you ninja'd my shinmyoumaru edit so we're even
Not a problem. In fact, I realize that I mistranslated some parts for Mokou after seeing yours. Thank you.

Anyway, doesn't seem to be anything new from the texts so there's only the pictures left to speculate on.
Still, the new character's silhouette is huge, and it seems to be the same black figure from the demo, so I guess no mid/penultimate boss? Hopefully not.

Posting pictures here, in case their server got heavy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:27:04 PM by monhan »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
So, Mokou's basically a more close-range oriented Carmine? (Don't really know any other character who needs to spend HP to maintain pressure.)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
The cover totally has Pac-Man in it  :V

Sukuna is funny in her cup. She also upgraded her head cup to a head plate.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time

CANNOT UNSEEEEEEE  :V

I guess Mokou's playstyle could make her fights either shorter than usual (burning her hp faster) or actually longer with Resurrection....

So, Mokou's basically a more close-range oriented Carmine? (Don't really know any other character who needs to spend HP to maintain pressure.)

You're forgetting A.B.A?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Oops. :V

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Increases attack power at the expense of reducing health. However, she also has several moves that will use up her health, so use her regeneration skill "Resurrection" as a follow-up for that.
So there's still some gimmick of sorts but less obvious ? Interesting. Hope her regeneration ability won't be something that get spamed a lot nor too "overpowered" though, also... feather danmaku ?.  It's been a decade but she finally got in a game, I bet we'll see few a "congratulations Moko-tan~" fanarts  later, haha

On a side note, the midget seems kinda big here, how tall is she supposed to be ?!

Although I was glad to see a DDC character to appear, I was still a little disappointed it wasn't Seija. I mean, sure she`s not my favorite character but I always wondered what Seija`s flipping abilities do in a fighting game. I haven`t played any character in a fighting game capable of flipping things up.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Sukuna is so adorable, also my friends are happy about Mokou being the game.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Shinmyoumaru's Occult Attack is called "The Little Green Men Tumbled" 「緑の小人さんが転んだ」.

It is based on a children's game, "Daruma ga koron da" ("the Daruma doll tumbled"), which is the Japanese equivalent of "Red light, green light". Daruma doll is the Japanese tumbling doll.

Similar to the game, the opponent will got attacked by the little green men if she has her back turned to them, something like that.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Shinmyoumaru's Occult Attack is called "The Little Green Men Tumbled" 「緑の小人さんが転んだ」.

It is based on a children's game, "Daruma ga koron da" ("the Daruma doll tumbled"), which is the Japanese equivalent of "Red light, green light". Daruma doll is the Japanese tumbling doll.

Similar to the game, the opponent will got attacked by the little green men if she has her back turned to them, something like that.
Basically the Touhou version of boos?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
HELL YEAH, Mokou! And Shinmyoumaru looks really cute too~

It was about time for Mokou to show up on a fighter.
Spoiler:
It's a shame she has no boobs, though.
:V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Didn't realize that the attack texts is different. That explains how it works more clearly. Thanks, corrected my comment.

Basically Shinmyoumaru is a trap character with Zappa's ghosts but not random. She needs to move around left and right to make the opponent turned over so the green inchlings can attack. From how it sounds, it seems their attacks are unblockable.
The combo potential seems high, but needs a bit of getting used to

cuc

Even outside of her Occult Attack, Mokou uses many attacks that damage herself, so you should follow up with her health-restoring technique, "Resurrection".
Someone told me the loanword フォロー here should be understood as "to compensate/make up for". Not that this matters much.

Also according to dictionaries, the meaning of the word 眉唾 is closer to "dubious, sketchy, fishy", with an emphasis on being suspicious, and/or attention should be paid to separate the false from the true. I'm still unsure what it exactly signifies in Shinmyoumaru's title. Probably it's about the believability of little green alien stories.

(The word literally means "spit on the brows". Apparently the etymology is that a fox's disguise can be dispelled this way.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:10:09 PM by cuc »

RELEASE DATE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So if Mokou and Sukuna are confirmed, then we now know that the new character is gonna be Hanako, the toilet spirit.

Wonder how that would work, given Marisa's Strange Last Word.

But yeah, I'm excited now. Release date! May 10th! A mere 30 days from now!

cuc

Oh by the way, a most important change.

Twilight Frontier's site no longer blocks Asian IPs. Took them long enough to fix that.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle

Colon vee is canon now.

Anyway, I'm kind of happy for this screenshot:

It heavy implies that personal gimmicks are being axed. Along with decks propably being axed in favor of all specials being available all the time and spells being picked before battle, I might finally get to like Byakuren's and Koishi's playstyles and find them less boring if they get access to all their moves without having to prepare them (from the tournament replays of HM I've seen, everyone simply spams normals and pagoda as those two instead of actually putting their movesets to use, only sometimes going for Skanda and Radar/Catch and Rose respectively).

Now all I need is some nice guard system (preferably a simple guard break bar), maybe some actual midscreen pressure (not sure how that was handled in HM, but I can't quite picture corner carry hjc blockstrings from grounded fighters working in aerial ones if one can just jump downwards to escape, maybe someone's willing to clarify), good new characters and this might just rival 12.3 on my list of favorite fighters.

Badass  :V.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:48:55 PM by Critz »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Nice sleeves, Mokou.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
While Reimu, Marisa and Kasen look bit chubby (due to their facial structure) > Mokou and Shinmyoumaru look normal again. I guess some of the girls ate bit too much since HM :V

Wait a second, I just realized something.

Remember how the names are in Western order? We've had DDC confirmed for a Western release recently. Does this mean that ULiL is going to see one as well?

EDIT: Ah, so the latest images have the names in their original order again. Disregard what I said then.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:49:32 PM by SuperVehicle-001 »

Wait a second, I just realized something.

Remember how the names are in Western order? We've had DDC confirmed for a Western release recently. Does this mean that ULiL is going to see one as well?

They've usually been like that. Ever since ZUN started putting romanized names in the games (PCB). It means nothing.