Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 803015 times)

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
This game has the shortest movelists of any touhou fighter yet

Disregarding skills/specials, it has more than 13.5. It doesn't have a lot more, but the addition of j5A alone are worth a ton in making the game interesting.

Though I'd wish they'd add a bit more to specials/spells, it's very limited right now.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Disregarding skills/specials, it has more than 13.5. It doesn't have a lot more, but the addition of j5A alone are worth a ton in making the game interesting.

I stand corrected. I thought trading j5a for an entire bullet button was a raw deal, but after double-checking, HM's bullet options were even more limited than I thought they were. Jesus.

7TC7

• In best company
I know speculating about Mima returning in every game is more of a joke at this point, but there is at least one thing that stuck out to me that could speak for such a possibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eAVlb5m8U#t=0m30s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFjEDbaI2vA#t=7m25s look very much alike, taking into account the graphical possibilities of both games and I don't think any other character in the series has had such a pompous entry aside from her.

Also, Mima's hair could make her hat look like a jiangshi hat in shadow form - even ignoring the fact that Mima changed hats three times throughout SoEW alone.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
I know speculating about Mima returning in every game is more of a joke at this point, but there is at least one thing that stuck out to me that could speak for such a possibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eAVlb5m8U#t=0m30s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFjEDbaI2vA#t=7m25s look very much alike, taking into account the graphical possibilities of both games and I don't think any other character in the series has had such a pompous entry aside from her.

Also, Mima's hair could make her hat look like a jiangshi hat in shadow form - even ignoring the fact that Mima changed hats three times throughout SoEW alone.
But that character has legs... Mima don't.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

7TC7

• In best company
But that character has legs... Mima don't.

In Mystic Square she does.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Ah thank you for linking a video showing the boss, looking at a still image makes it hard to tell whats what and this is a much clearer image. I might retract my statement on it being the fourth deva.

Is that a sword I see in the silhouette?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

She's wearing a sombrero. Must be a Mexican storyteller.  :derp:
And the hat is her source of power  :derp:

Spoiler:
To be honest, is it really alright to talk about the gameplay like that here? Because I'm sure not all of us went to Comiket and bought one.
So it's kind of obvious how you "know" of said info, and I thought mentioning that is not allowed here...
If it's alright, though, then please carry on with the discussion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:53:52 AM by monhan »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Did anyone notice that they use the Western naming order for the names?

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Did anyone notice that they use the Western naming order for the names?
It's noticeable since the first screenshot. I'd have joked they must have been consulting the English Touhou wiki, but honestly it's probably just Tasofro people doing what they like.

The change of movement system from 13.5 to 14.5, as illustrated by one of the best Suwako players.
HM:

ULiL:
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
translation plox :derp:

ULiL tries to keep you around the center of the screen, HM lets you float awkwardly all over the place.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
It's more like HM lets you move around the screen more freely, while ULIL treats the center line more like a ground now.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
So basically movement is much more streamlined now?

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
Is that a sword I see in the silhouette?

Are you talking about the possible sword she's carrying on her back? I thought it was a sword at first, too, but if you look closely you'll see it's just her hands.
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

(Though it's already clear enough from the picture... oh well)
Edited, cuc.

The change of movement system from 13.5 to 14.5, as illustrated by one of the best Suwako players.
Read from Left to Right

HM:

You can move upward and downward while dashing
The dash is the same, whether you're in the upper, middle, or lower part
You can maintain the same latitude while dashing.
You can still "jump" up and down even if you're in the upper or lower part

ULiL:

You cannot move upward and downward while dashing, instead pressing them will make you jump
The dash will be different depending on your latitude. You also cannot jump unless you're in the middle
Dashing will force you towards the middle. And since you cannot jump, it can't be braked(you can't stop the fall to the middle line).
Unless you use the flight button, jumping in the upper or lower part is not possible. But since the dash is not limited, you can make a zig-zag movement.

In short, it gives faster mobility, but less freedom compared to HM. Though it makes combat better, it also makes it harder for you to get to the Occult Ball.
I also think that it's thanks to the flight button now. Not every player can make a quick dash back in HM so that makes it easier. If HM had it, then it might prove to make the movement better.
The zig-zag move was already in HM, but since it's jumping, it's a bit slow. In ULiL you can do a shorter, faster one.

What I'm curious on is how this will fare with Byakuren and Koishi?
Will there be a diagonal teleport dash or hopping?
A quick, zig-zag teleport dashing... Interesting :3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:25:37 PM by monhan »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Thanks for adding the text! I'll put it into the OP. (It's actually called the Flight button)
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Hawk

• Babababa~
So, when I 2C, Reimu puts out her little warp kick marker, but also sometimes instead she does her diagonal kick off the bottom of the screen and back up.  I've been unable to figure out the exact input for that.

However, more in general, is there a list of all the possible universal inputs per character?

So, when I 2C, Reimu puts out her little warp kick marker, but also sometimes instead she does her diagonal kick off the bottom of the screen and back up.  I've been unable to figure out the exact input for that.

However, more in general, is there a list of all the possible universal inputs per character?
I found more moves

Holding B does a different projectile

Holding C does another special as long as it's being held. I think you need glowy orb meter for this or something.

Up Down C or Down Up C does the Reimu dash

Hawk

• Babababa~
I found more moves

Holding B does a different projectile

Holding C does another special as long as it's being held. I think you need glowy orb meter for this or something.

Up Down C or Down Up C does the Reimu dash

Ah, interesting.  So (at least for Reimu), her moveset looks like this so far:

5A... (autocombo)
6A
8A
2A
66A
j.A

5B
6B
8B
2B
[B.] (damn post formatting)

5C
4/6C (or is it only 6C?)
8C
2C
28C
82C
[C] (Occult attack)

This is based off of memory from messing with the demo last night.  Is this right?  Is there a 66B move as well?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:30:27 PM by Hawk »

FearNagae

Ah, interesting.  So (at least for Reimu), her moveset looks like this so far:

4A (does the same as 5a but doesn't turn into f5A)
5A... (autocombo)
6A
8A
2A
f.5A
66A
66B
j.A
j.6A

5B
6B
8B
2B
[B.] (damn post formatting)

5C
4/6C does the same
8C
2C
28C I don't think this exist
82C same as above
[C] (Occult attack)
j.5C

I added what I found there :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:04:51 AM by FearNagae »

28/82C only seems to work for Reimu for whatever reason

You don't have to input 28 or 82. You just have to input j.C above or below the center line for Reimu's diagonal dash attack.

Hawk

• Babababa~
Ah, that makes sense.  So 2C and j.2C are equivalent (as are 8C and j.8C), but j.5C is its own thing.

And that's only for Reimu?

2C and 8C are still Reimu's Teleport and Ascension Kick  and there is no such thing as j.5C.

For j.C, jump in any direction, release jump, and then hit C and you should be able to do the dash attack.

If you do this with Marisa, she'll throw her bottle about half of the distance and for Kasen, nothing will happen.

Hawk

• Babababa~
Holding no direction is the same thing is stating 5.  And since you must be holding no direction to get the angle kick, it is appropriate to call it j.5C.

Although, the "j." terminology alone is somewhat insufficient for this game.  Since Reimu technically does two different moves between the top and bottom halves of the screen in j.5C, perhaps we could use t.5C and b.5C?

Reimu's third spell card is kind of hilarious.  Can't wait to see people find setups for it.

Edit: another point for my suggested nomenclature.  Marisa has a t.2A (with no b equivalent).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:26:17 AM by Hawk »

FearNagae

Right, I should add j.5C into that list.

Although, the "j." terminology alone is somewhat insufficient for this game.  Since Reimu technically does two different moves between the top and bottom halves of the screen in j.5C, perhaps we could use t.5C and b.5C?

Why use t (top), b(bottom) over u(up), d(down)?

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone know about when the full version will come out?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:12:14 AM by Starxsword »

Hawk

• Babababa~
Why use t (top), b(bottom) over u(up), d(down)?

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone know about when the full version will come out?

t and b popped into my head first. :)

Also I guess it's a bit less confusing.  Top and bottom are pretty unambiguous, whereas 8 means up, and u means up, but they mean different ups.  When speaking aloud, people occasionally (often?) state the full word, like "Use your jump C," or "Combo into close Slash," so I think the terminology should take that into account and make the full word versions simple as well.

But it honestly doesn't matter that much.

For those not in the know, you can charge partition your [B.]s and [C]s during other moves, so you could do 5A > [C] instead of 5A > (Some C move) > [C], which really increases their flexibility and usability.

Is there any point to Marisa being able to hold her [C]?  I haven't seen any noticeable difference.

Oh yeah, anyone know about when the full version will come out?

I'm guessing next year's Summer Reitaisai?

7TC7

• In best company
What is the input for Reimus Ying-Yang-toss? I assumed it's just holding B and any direction, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes she first uses the direction-B attack, followed by the Orb-toss without a pause in between.