Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 802765 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
The change between 7.5 and 10.5 isn't that drastic, so I guess they're copying the same formula here.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Updated the previous page's post again with some musician info.

My video upload (probably slow outside of China)
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd5uIun
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

I use Google Chrome to watch and it works properly for me.

I would say ULiL looks like a remake of HM more than a sequel. Seeing how the game mechanics are better made and using old characters.

Isn't it just to HM what SWR was to IaMP? It's even adding the same number of new characters, not counting the bosses. Reusing the sprites you've already made is just common sense.

game2011

• mineiptXD
Updated the previous page's post again with some musician info.

My video upload (probably slow outside of China)
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd5uIun
Thanks!

cuc

So, the Touhou all stars soundtrack lineup. How do you like it? According to ZUN in today's livestream, they invited other musicians because Akiyama Uni has run out of ideas after HM.

"Koishi fans will be shocked by her new portrait and heavy metal theme!" I heard people say.

Reimu: Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly by Comp (Buta Otome)
Marisa: Love-colored Master Spark by oiko
Ichirin: ShavaDava (Sound CYCLONE)
Hijiri: NYO (Silver Forest)
Futo: Tai no Kobone (Azure&Sands)
Miko: Taka (CROW'SCLAW)
Nitori:  Yuuyu
Koishi: Kishida (Kishida Kyoudan)
Mamizou: Futatsuiwa of Gensokyo by Shuzou (Sekken'ya)
Kokoro: Dobu Usagi (dBu music)
Mokou: ziki_7
Shinmyoumaru: Akiyama Uni
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:03:57 AM by cuc »

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
So, the Touhou all stars soundtrack lineup. How do you like it? According to ZUN in today's livestream, they invited other musicians because Akiyama Uni has run out of ideas after HM.

"Koishi fans will be shocked by her new portrait and heavy metal theme!" I heard people say.

Reimu: Buta Otome
Marisa: ?
Ichirin: ShavaDava (Sound CYCLONE)
Hijiri: NYO (Silver Forest)
Miko: Taka (CROW'SCLAW)
Nitori:  Yuuyu
Koishi: Kishida (Kishida Kyoudan)
Mamizou: Shuzou (Sekken'ya)
Kokoro: Dobu Usagi (dBu music)
Mokou: ziki_7
Shinmyoumaru: Akiyama Uni

I'm crying tears of joy since ziki_7 is going to arrange Mokou's theme. And there is also Sasara. AND TAINOKOBONE

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I'm crying tears of joy since ziki_7 is going to arrange Mokou's theme.
Did a quick search on the guy. I'm not really sure if techno's gonna work with Mokou, but since my search wasn't that comprehensive, can you give me an example of their work which makes them a good choice for Mokou?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Whoa, that's a who's who of names there.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Butaotome? Yes please!

game2011

• mineiptXD
Even all the stages came back...

I don't actually have anything against all characters and such coming back, but if they were all to be brought back, it's best to have a large amount of new contents to make things feel new.

Oh well, it's the gameplay that matters, right?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:04:59 PM by game2011 »

Footage of HM PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m0ubTz3yQ4
Thank you very much for showing it to us.

*sees Byakuren using Indra and Garuda in succession*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!

Actually, looking closer now, Byakuren does have chanting/charges, but modified.
This time it seems to function like a stock charges for all moves, not independent like in HM. Meaning she can use different skills as long as she has enough stock, which take the form of floating orbs. From the second one, with the 2 glowing orbs around her, she can use two skills in a row. And it seems like she can store quite a lot. Judging by the angles, she can have as much as 5. So 1 for every move, or some costs 2 or more. Anyway, this expands her potential by a lot, since she can also cancel those skills into each other. It's like Order Sol.
The losses is probably no more buffs, but I still think this is great.

She still retain her flash step dash, so that's good. What's even better is that when she dash through her opponent, she automatically turns, facing towards the enemy for an attack. This will make her even more agile and a nice move to land a combo. Now to see her "Rider" occult skill. Looking forward to what it can bring into her arsenal.
One thing though, I still don't understand what the beads move does in the first part. It doesn't seem to be her [6]A, so maybe not an attack. Chanting? But she doesn't gain any charges either, and the old chanting move is still there. Wonder what it does?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:26:47 PM by monhan »

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
My comments on the music (shown in the PV, in order):
Dichromatic Lotus Butterfly is my favorite Reimu theme. Buta-Otome did the right thing. ;v;
Not too sure about what I feel about Jazzy Love Coloured Master Spark.
Traditional Old Man and the Stylish Girl would sound great at a cafe.
Ooh speedy arrange of Emotional Skyscraper.
I can't hear Legend of the Great Gods at all.  :ohdear:
I honestly prefer the True Administrator in HM. It'll probably grow on me later.  :V
Nitori's theme is pretty cool.
Heavy Metal Koishi. That is all.  :getdown:
Would have preferred a Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo arrange but this is fine too.
This sounds like the first Lost Emotion arrange from Youtube. I approve.  BV
That flute though.
I like this arrange of Little Princess very much. Can't describe why.
ZUNpet galore.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Footage of HM PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m0ubTz3yQ4

It seems that old characters retained most of their old mechanics. Kinda curious to see how that'll work without something to notify them, especially with characters like Koishi.

But hey, looks like Koishi's lightbulb is back <3

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
Did a quick search on the guy. I'm not really sure if techno's gonna work with Mokou, but since my search wasn't that comprehensive, can you give me an example of their work which makes them a good choice for Mokou?

It's not that I think ziki_7 is the perfect fit for Mokou, it's the fact I love their works and I can only be happy to having them arranges one of my favourite theme for one of my favourite characters. : P And from what little we can listen to in the video I've already fallen in love with the flute heh.

But really if you're interested I'd reccomend this track or this one or this (which is actually one of my favourite arrangements ever). I don't even like their techno stuff that much but as you can listen their works are varied and in my opinion absolutely stunning. I'm just happy they've got a chance to work in an official touhou game!

You chose a fantastic track to be your top fave micro, that one probably is the best by ziki (in my opinion)

In other news, according to the PV it looks like Reimu has a new attack and Nitoris Kappa Wave is instant gratification.
Though I'm extremely curious as to why Nitori's title is what it is.... her LW better have some kind of robo-tyrannosaurus rex mauling the opponent if she's truly going full-on-Triassic 

Either way I can't wait to get into her grove once the game comes

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
I'm seriously in love with how jazzy Nitori and Futo's themes sound, as well as how badass Kokoro's theme will be. God, top the character themes off with how we're getting stage themes and pre-battle themes, this soundtrack will be AMAZING. Also REALLY happy they decided to let doujin-artists compose music tracks for the game, I was worried at first that they'd just recycle the HM character's themes back in ULiL.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:36:33 PM by Doki-Doki »

Miko's new mechanic looks cool, it's like she can choose what color to make her cape whenever she grabs the opponent (with her occult special?). I wonder what the benefit of the blue cape will be, though.
Also, I noticed that in each character's combo portion of the trailer the occult ball timer was frozen. It's probably just practice mode, but it would stil be nice if there was an option to do that in normal matches...

cuc

Would have preferred a Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo arrange but this is fine too.
It is in fact a Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo arrange.

The change between 7.5 and 10.5 isn't that drastic

Pffft. Please refrain from commenting on things you don't quite understand. These two games had like only 3 or 4 things in common with each other, they're like games made by different companies.

Pffft. Please refrain from commenting on things you don't quite understand. These two games had like only 3 or 4 things in common with each other, they're like games made by different companies.
yeah, IaMP and SWR have almost nothing in common other than reusing the same sprites. Statements to the contrary are totally off the wall; None of the meters are the same, movement is handled differently, the entire cancel system is wrong, the method of handling supers is different, the balancing of startup/attack/recovery was different and skewed towards higher risk on uncanceled moves, weather of course, etc etc. It is very much similar to the transition from Soku to HM, for those who played IaMP regularly.

The changes made here are far less drastic than they were there. Overall looking like positive changes but wtf why occult balls ugh.

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
tbh the change from 13.5 - 14.5 is pretty drastic change in my eyes.
It's almost 7.5 - 10.5 level of difference, there's close to zero things kept other than sprites. (supers, meter, movement, pressure, etc)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:16:45 PM by FearNagae »

Maybe they meant 10.5 to 12.3.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
The changes made here are far less drastic than they were there. Overall looking like positive changes but wtf why occult balls ugh.

Occult balls is seriously the only thing I'm not looking forward to. It's way too unhealthy for competitive play especially since it seems to be random, and smash ball chasing is not fun.

Maybe they meant 10.5 to 12.3.
Not at all, 10.5 to 12.3 was basically just an expansion, most of the stuff was relatively intact, just with more moves/SCs and characters/stages. ULiL's mechanics are completely different from HM, the only thing it retained really was that it's still airborne and the sprites, but movement and everything is drastically different.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Occult balls is seriously the only thing I'm not looking forward to. It's way too unhealthy for competitive play especially since it seems to be random, and smash ball chasing is not fun.

It seems to be a mechanic intended to break up defensive play. That being said, it's not like touhou games aren't unfamiliar with unhealthy mechanics (IaMP's projectile favortism, SWR's weather and card system, HM's...well, a lot of things.)

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
(IaMP's projectile favortism, SWR's weather and card system, HM's...well, a lot of things.)

IaMP was fine, SWR/Soku had a couple weather that was dumb but it had a cycle so it wasn't random at least, but the deck system was still RNG so that was completely unhealthy. HM was also fine from a competitive standpoint, it's actually almost as healthy as IaMP. Popularity wasn't random at least, it just wasn't completely perfect in terms of how popularity gain and loss was handled. It's problem was the floaty movement that turned off a lot of players who are too used to ground-based fighters.

ULiL might fall into the SWR/Soku category in the end, minus the RNG deck system (thank god).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:10:06 PM by Gpop »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
I wasn't really hyped for ULIL until I saw all these screenshots and videos. The music sounds really good so far!

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Okay, so we're basically getting 4 characters, keeping the mechanism from the demo more or less intact, and have music made by other circles ? I like it.

I still have some reservations about the occult orbs thing, I hope it'll somehow be possible to turn it off in one way or another in the game and get them by, dunno, beating the hell out off the other person... I hope...

Also :

Azure&Sands

Azure&Sands
Th-THEY... ARE... ALIVE ! Pretty sure they are not well known, but it's one of my favorite touhou circle  :] Working with others circles was a pretty damn great idea. Now if ZUN'll make the next game with a new circle...

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
I'm glad that everyone is happy about ULiL right now! ...Err, at least, happier than before. ;w; (also! I apologize if I do something wrong post-wise. Please let me know if I am; i'm really new here.)
yawn...

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
ULiL might fall into the SWR/Soku category in the end, minus the RNG deck system (thank god).

Deck system can be outdone with smart deck design/cycling and weather almost never really bothers anyone who notices it.
Now I hope they don't keep the completely random occult events, would be really nice.

Please refrain from calling it "Competitively Unhealthy", RNG in a game should be competitively unhealthy when RNG causes skill difference to matter less, which is not the case. (it certainly is not perfect but it's not bad either)
I'd even go so far as to say wrongblocks/reads/mixups are quite similar to RNG. And then there's this thing about we have no clue what the opponent's skills/spells setup in HM is.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:28:20 PM by FearNagae »