Author Topic: A Remake of Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush by Chinese  (Read 13360 times)

A Remake of Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush by Chinese
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:32:24 PM »
The author of 东方花逐夜 has made a facsimile of Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush .

All information of this game comes from videos recorded at Digital Game Expo and players' descriptions.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l50xri5m5asml4a/Danmaku_Amanojaku_Gold_Rush_facsimile.rar

I have re-uploaded another folder renamed to English.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:14:02 AM by rsy_type1 »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: A Remake of Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush by Chinese
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Huh. Took them a few days. I'm hoping that ZUN will let everyone download it for free from his website, as it's apparently not supposed to be sold.

I'll download it when I get home. Do you need AppLocale for this?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
Hm... when running th143GR.exe the screen comes up weird. It's obviously just missing the graphics, though, so I looked and there are no files in the "graphics" folder. So I went to gamedat.rar to extract them but it requires a password. Maybe there's something in the readme, but sadly I can't read Japanese ^_^ Any idea what the password might be? Or a different way to fix it?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »
Hm... when running th143GR.exe the screen comes up weird. It's obviously just missing the graphics, though, so I looked and there are no files in the "graphics" folder. So I went to gamedat.rar to extract them but it requires a password. Maybe there's something in the readme, but sadly I can't read Japanese ^_^ Any idea what the password might be? Or a different way to fix it?

It's in Chinese. A quick Google Translate of both readme files show no signs of a password being given.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
The problem seems to be related to the game folder's name. After renaming to something English, the graphics showed up.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »
The problem seems to be related to the game folder's name. After renaming to something English, the graphics showed up.

Huh. Interesting.

Anyway, autocollecting all of the coins gives me intense satisfaction. I don't know why....

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 02:17:52 AM »
Wow, this is really nicely done. Fun little game, and the autocollect is indeed really cool. You get a lot greedier about your paths - no taking it Easing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 05:35:32 AM »
maybe the folder's name cannot be Chinese.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 05:41:50 AM »
It's in Chinese.
My point exactly.

This is really fun, though I can see why ZUN didn't intend to release it publicly. It's clearly not intended to be replayed over and over. Not that it'll stop me from doing so =P I love how Reimu's practically helping you by the last card. Forget danmaku battles, just turn this into gold and give me some donations!
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 06:13:23 AM »
Changed the folder name and everything works perfectly.  Excellent find, rsy, and thanks for posting it!
One thing though, is there any way to scale/change the game's resolution?  I've gotten used to playing @ 1280x960, so a window half that size throws me off.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:26:55 AM by Kappa »
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
Changed the folder name and everything works perfectly.  Excellent find, rsy, and thanks for posting it!
One thing though, is there any way to scale/change the game's resolution?  I've gotten used to playing @ 1280x960, so a window half that size throws me off.

Window can be changed to Full Screen in the ingame options. There doesn't seem to be any more choices.
This is a really fun little game.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
Window can be changed to Full Screen in the ingame options. There doesn't seem to be any more choices.
Yeah, I eventually settled for fullscreen with black bars on the side.  Beats the hell out of 640x480, if anything.
This is a really fun little game.
Agreed.
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »
Cool stuff. Nice to see that through this people can still get to play the game even though it's a super short mini type of game.
Screen filled with gold makes this look more like a Cave game than a Touhou game.  :V

Make a short video about it. Not sure if it's a good score or anything.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
Nice find! :D
The game took a bit to get going because I didn't change the folder name :V
Something feels a bit weird though...my Bitdefender classifies it as a virus and originally stops it from running.  I fixed it by making it an exclusion, but it still seems kinda weird to me.  Any ideas?
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

TS666

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
Change the name of the game folder to something English.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 10:44:03 AM »
Can't you just run it with AppLocale set to Chinese?

My point exactly.

This is really fun, though I can see why ZUN didn't intend to release it publicly. It's clearly not intended to be replayed over and over. Not that it'll stop me from doing so =P I love how Reimu's practically helping you by the last card. Forget danmaku battles, just turn this into gold and give me some donations!
Err... this is the exact kind of game that should be played over and over. At one point, "score attack" levels like this were created for numerous games and featured in tournaments, and in a way Extra Stages succeed this concept. Gold Rush is really just an Extra Stage by itself, and it ends up playing more like a caravan stage because of that. A single stage is also a lot easier to learn than a whole game, and it's great for the kind of tourneys where you get a game a week.

edit: oh wait i didn't know this event was meant to be a caravan revival itself wow yeah so there you go
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:53:33 AM by Despatche »

TS666

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
Change the name of the game folder to something English.
Thanks, I'll try that!.
Can't you just run it with AppLocale set to Chinese?
*Ehem* If you're asking to me I'm ALREADY running it with AppLocale in Simplified Chinese.