Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 131112 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Hearthstone
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »
OP Hijacked.

Quote from: Kiro
For the new people:

- The ranked grind will be difficult. Don't play casual mode; it is not casual in there because there's no actual matchmaking rating in effect. Play ranked mode and see how far you can get. You will improve with time, more cards, and knowledge of the meta decks.

- Try every class and level them to 10 as you will get quest gold and unlock new cards for all those classes. And it may also give you a feel as to which class you enjoy the most, which cards you might want to get and also if you have the patience to play the game in its current noob-unfriendly state.

- Before you jump into Arena, try to check out a few arena streams and see how they draft and play. I'd recommend Hafu, GuardsmanBob, and I'm hearing about another really skilled guy named ratsmah.

- The biggest issue right now for new players is that Arena only rewards the GvG expansion packs. This is a huge problem for new players as there are far more "required" cards in the Classic packs and Naxxaramas adventure. You have to buy Classic Packs with gold now and that sucks. If you are inclined to spend money in the game, buy the full Naxxaramas adventure and go and enjoy that. I highly recommend dropping the $25 or so for that (time is money and ain't nobody got time to grind 3,500 gold for all of Naxxaramas).

- I would recommend not to craft any cards for awhile. You can find servicable soulbound alternatives and you will understand how your deck works and will get a feel for what you truly need down the line.

- While you can get a Legend worthy cheap deck with Deathrattle Hunter and Zoo Warlock or some other deck you can find on the internet, experimenting and playing the game on a clean account can be really fun.

- Add some of us to your friends list. You can now spectate friends and it does make the game more enjoyable if you are not Skype screen sharing. I play mostly Arena and have a 5 win average and over 2,600 arena wins so that's a lot of experience. Kiro#1584.

- Good luck and have fun.

Battletags:
US
Kiro - Kiro#1584
PX - PXTfD#1418
Pesco - Pesco#2881
Dormio - Dormio#1616
Suikama - Suikama#1233
Trickysticks - Trickysticks#1950
Conqueror - Conqueror#1507
Aya Reiko - AyaReiko#1901
ActionDan - ActionDan#1906
qMyon - Scurry#1937

EU
Raikaria - Raikaria#2480
CF7 - EriFelvuck#2242
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:49:57 AM by PX »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
I've been playing for a while now.  Mostly constructed, since I had a run of a few really bad arena decks.  I think I prefer the arena format but hey.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
The mage ended up going 7/3. Turns out Consecrates own that deck.

Also I managed to go 0/3 with a Preist that had both Hogger and Ragneros. One particually blood-boiling battle had my Rag refuse to finish off the Preist; and then my Faceless'ed Rag also refuse to do so.

Then he topdecks Mind Control.

TWICE.

Both Rgas proceed to hit me every time and I lose 27 HP against 7.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:26:16 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »
So apparently the game doesn't take lag spikes well. My jumpy router made it so that I missed three turns in a row with me just staring at the endphase, then a flurry of activity where my opponent starts flinging cards like it's gone out of style.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Edible

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Yeah, the game is still really buggy especially when it comes to finicky connections.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »
Well; Blizzard sent out Beta keys to everyone who had signed up for one before the 16th December yesterday.
GIVE ME ONE. If you have any extras.

It's weird how ALL of my friends who have both SC2 games, and Diablo 3 have been handed out free beta keys even when they didn't sign up for one...but I didn't get any.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:41:21 AM »
I WANT ONE

Seriously, I made an account and opted in like a month ago, and it never did until yesterday ;_;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »
If keys are being given out, I'll take one.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 02:44:46 AM »
I wish I had spare keys to give, but I've only ever received the one.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
Currently running a mage deck and all I have to say is that double fireball finishers are great :D

Also, that one game where I was one weapon swing away from death but I just kept freezing that warrior with my water elemental was funny.

Edible

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
And soon, double fireballs will give way to double pyroblast.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
Apparently, there is a way to get beta keys as follows:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sharehearthstone/comments/1t6g41/guaranteed_beta_key_official_korean_blizzard/?sort=new

The key should work for any region even if you are getting it from KR Blizzard.

My battle tag is Kiro#1584 if anyone wants to add me. I tend to play every night and can stream my games too.

Edible

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »
Wow, what the heck >_>

Worth a shot, I guess.  Kiro, I added you a bit ago but I haven't really been online often due to steam sales.  We should play and stuff!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
And soon, double fireballs will give way to double pyroblast.

Double Pyroblasting for 16 mana when you have a max of 10 is difficult.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 01:40:52 AM »
There was a presentation panel of this at the mall I go through on my way to work. Would probably have gotten a key if I bothered to stop by. Gonna try that KR giveaway for a key now.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 04:58:24 AM »
My battle tag is Kiro#1584 if anyone wants to add me. I tend to play every night and can stream my games too.

Sent request, I'm StarrySkyS~

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
Currently 2-1 in arena with a warrior and a hilarious deck. [The 1 was a very good Rouge deck]

How do I put this warrior deck into words:

Spell-based Whirlwind Combo Warrior with a Gorehowl.

Seriously I have 3 Whirlwinds; 2 Battle Rages; Commanding Shout; 2 Slams; Inner Rage; a Gorehowl; an Arcanite Reaper; 2 Excecutes. I even have Blood Knight + Silvermoon. Which I pulled off. An a Raging Worgen. And Double Knife Juggler. And Frothing Berzerker. I have more spells than you'd expect from a mage! [And a buttload of draw power]

This deck is absolutely hilarious. My personal favorite moment was against a Rouge. I was somewhat low on HP; he was about 25. I had a Gorehowl out and field control.

I Whirlwinded to kill one of his minions and damage my full HP Stormwind Knight + Frothing. Then I Battle Raged for 3. Then I pulled a second Battle Rage. 3 more cards. Then I got a Commanding Shout; another card; and cleared his board. But then he put stealth/weapon lethal on the board.

Unfortunetly my draws included a Knife Juggler; Inner Rage; Warsong Commander; and a couple of other low-cost minions.

I had about 50 damage on the board suddenly and insta-killed him. [Although I didn't actually need the Charges. Inner Rage on the Frothing Berzerker + the Knife Juggler's hit on a minion was enough considering Gorehowl and Stormwind]

That was hilarious.

I don't care if I go 2-3. This deck is such a riot it's worth it.
====
About to hit 7 wins [I'm 6-2]

My attacks are going in..

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED

But I did get 135 gold for 6 wins.

Also I curbstomped like 4 Preists.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:11:14 PM by Raikaria »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
Just got Beta Key not even 3 days, thanks Kiro!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »
Just got Beta Key not even 3 days, thanks Kiro!
Me too. I love you Korea.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
Got my key. I'll try this out if I'm not too tired when I get home.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »
PXTfD#1418

Let's do this!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »
Pesco#2881

OP should keep a list.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »
Dormio#1616

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »
i suck at arena and keep wasting gold

Suikama#1233

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »
Coin into defias ringleader is funny on turn 1.
Trickysticks#1950
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »

Suikama#1233

I suck on Arena and keep facing people who literally get exactly what they need while I get awful drafts. As in 'I never get Consecrates as a Pally' awful. Or 'I have to take Goldshire Footman' awful.

Most recent one I got Legendaries. The options being No-weapon Greenskin; Nozdormu and Millhouse Manastorm. Yeah.

Raikaria #2480 [EU]

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »
once i picked deathwing because fuck it why not

then when i finally summoned him he got polymorphed

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »

Suikama#1233

Well it's not really wasted, even if you consistently go 0-3. pack pays most of the gold off.

and it's only 3-wins to pay of soooo

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
Actually since a pack is 100 and arena entry is 150 if you don't get 50 gold you're losing gold.

I just wish I'd get a decent draft. I had a couple of awesome ones for my first couple of runs which put me 7 wins; but the last week my drafts have been awful. At one point I had to consider taking a Wisp. [Which is ironic because today I lost because of a Wisp on a Rouge which let her combo 2 Cold Bloods].

In fact that Rouge game ended in like 5 turns because the Rouge literally had near-perfect cards for the situation. It went something like CoinScrub->Dagger->Questing->WispDoubleCB the Questing -> Deadly Poison + some Charge creature I forgot.

Also I've not even had the option of a Mage in my last 4 drafts. And when I get Pally; no Consecrates or Truesilvers in sight. [Although I always manage to get 3 Aldors ._.]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:48:32 PM by Raikaria »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
Actually since a pack is 100 and arena entry is 150 if you don't get 50 gold you're losing gold.

Yyyyes, Like I said the pack pays MOST of the gold off. Not all of it.

What I mean is you're not really wasting it because you're still getting most of the gold back in form of the pack, and what you don't is pretty much paid as fee for the chance to get more gold back- In sense, it's not wasted because you paid for the opportunity cost.

Not to mention even going 0-3 you're still getting experience for characters, so even if it's a sharp cost you're still getting more than the pack. Oh and the second box besides the pack has some dust or something.

So basically even if you 'lose' the 50 gold you make it up anyway through experience, opportunity cost, and the shinies pretty easily :v