Author Topic: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)  (Read 218436 times)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
No sun for her sunflowers? YUUKA RAMPAGE
That, and the surface would probably be overrun with powerful humans/youkai trying to get their share of sun. Also without agriculture and light the Human Village is pretty much screwed.

What if EVERY SINGLE FAIRY anyone meets while causing/investigating/solving incidents insists on dueling with Spell Card rules? With real Spell Cards of their own?
:getdown:
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »
Marisa starts selling her patent-pending Fairy Destruction Ray spellcard.

What if Marisa used that money to buy the SDM library?

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:26 AM »
Something hinted at youkai being able to pass the barrier...not sure what though.
Didn't Sanae (who is part god) and Suwako tag along with Kanako?

Nothing, really...unless someone else starts selling lamprey. Then, there might be trouble.

What if Flandre wasn't insane?
Please don't let the fandom mislead you: Flandre IS NOT insane.  She's sane, just immature.  You don't call a playful and noisy little kid insane, do you?

Anyway, for the question above...

Patchouli: Money cannot buy you everything, so you're not getting my library.

What if Yoshika is a Western zombie instead?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »
What if Yoshika is a Western zombie instead?
TD's third stage would probably end with Reimu hacking off her hand and grafting a chainsaw to the stump. Also, something about the necronomicon. It would be epic.

On the other hand, western zombies tend to decompose pretty heavily. Rather than engage her in battle, I'm pretty sure Kogasa would've been rather surprised herself by Yoshika's appearance. They do tend to keep going after even a lot of abuse though so the battle with her would probably result in more and more pieces of her being blown off until she's little more than a disembodied head. Which would also be epic, in a messed up way that is.

What if Reimu's shrine's deity made herself known?
(No, the Hakurei Shrine isn't dedicated to Mima. It predates her by quite a bit and she's just a vengeful ghost. Reimu muses about her shrine's god in MoF anyway, implying she's never met/encountered/whatever her herself.)

Latest works
The Strongest

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 05:14:49 AM »
There would be battles between her and the goddesses at the Moriya Shrine.

What if Daiyousei doesn't exist and that all her appearances in official materials are actually different fairies?

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Someone digs into the incident and finds that all the fiaries are engaged in a conspiracy to delude everyone into thinking they're stupid to avoid anything more taxing than standing around looking vapid.

What if every Youkai acted exactly as its legends say it should?
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
It becomes Grimsokyo or Futo hates youkai even more. Pick one.

On a related note, what if Futo pissed off Medicine and/or Yuuka? :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
She has with her with the fire that burns statues, so she has no fear!  I think...

What if the non-human characters look like their actual ages?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
Gensokyo: The Land Of Afraid Humans, And Flying Rotting Skeletons/Bones That Is Kept Stable By A Rotten Over-A-Millennium-Old Half-Missing Skeleton. Also You Might Be Killed By A Gardener Skeleton Somewhere Down The Line.

What if Yuuka can make flowers grow on living things and youkai? :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
Killing people while keeping the world colorful has never been so fun for her.

What if the things that CAN be cut by the Roukanken are next to none?

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
Please don't let the fandom mislead you: Flandre IS NOT insane.  She's sane, just immature.  You don't call a playful and noisy little kid insane, do you?
Are you sure about that? I thought her profile listed her as nuts.

What if the Lunarian invasion was actually a success?
Er, which one?
The second one was. The whole point was to steal some really old sake.
If the first one was, Eientei probably wouldn't be a thing.

What would happen if the Moriya Shrine was getting destroyed all the time instead of the Hakurei Shrine?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:49:40 PM by Error »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
Are you sure about that? I thought her profile listed her as nuts.
I have to agree here - Flandre's profile in the Touhou Wiki lists her as having an "unstable" personality. Unfortunately the other, better wiki's down right now (or something? Seriously, wtf's going on with it?) but I'm pretty sure her in-game bio also said as much. Furthermore, Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red describes her as "unstable" as well. So it seems like her unstable mind's a completely canonical thing, as far as I can tell...

What would happen if the Moriya Shrine was getting destroyed all the time instead of the Hakurei Shrine?

Hehehe... ^-^ You put a couple of pleasant thoughts in my head just now.

The Hakurei Shrine's only canonically destroyed once though (SWR; can't remember any other time it happens), not "all the time". So I'd say if it were the Moriya shrine, it'd be as Reimu's response to the events of MoF. Or maybe SA's extra stage; Reimu does sound kinda pissed about the whole nuclear energy thing... With a little luck, it'd scare Sanae into being a Good Girl and staying out of things out of fear that the Temple-Smashing Shrine Maiden of Terror (semi-nsfw warning: may contain a bit of side-boob) will come after her again.

Also, Marisa wouldn't be too far behind to loot the debris. >_>

What if the head of the SDM were Meiling, and Remilia were the gate guard? (All character relations switched as appropriate... or kept as-is, if you think it'd be more interesting).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:26:13 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
No personalities switched-
Sakuya would still serve Remi.

Personalities switched-
Hey! Who broke my precious china?!

:P

Okay, what if Reimu discovered the internet and came across Touhou videos and fan art.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:13:38 PM by Neko Yuni »
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
The Japanese Supreme Court would soon find themselves presiding over Hakurei, Reimu et al vs. Jun'ya Ota.

What is the Bamboo Forest needed to be sprayed with pesticides, and the Eientei household was temporarily obliged to guest with someone else?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:41 PM »
What is the Bamboo Forest needed to be sprayed with pesticides, and the Eientei household was temporarily obliged to guest with someone else?
Kaguya: Thank you very much for your hospitality, Reimu.
Reimu: *sigh* Just don't make a scene and scare away the worshipers... and... wait with the 4 of you sleeping here...
Kaguya: Thank you very much for your hospitality, Reimu. *closes door of shrine, leaving Reimu outside*.

What if Cirno and Mokou switched powers?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Cirno: "Wheew, burning the whole Forest of Magic took more time than I thought it would...but now everyone will see I am the strongest!"
Mokou: "Kaguya, YOU WILL STAY IN THAT BLOCK OF ICE UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE."

What if Yukari is the leader of the Lunar Capital instead?

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
There would never have been a Gensokyou since it would never have been bordered off and nothing we know of would exist.

What if the Lunarians were forced to abandon the moon and all its technology?
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »
Kaguya would have no machine guns to make Eirin shoot Mokou with.

What if  Youmu takes Yuyuko to a grocery store?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
Either the grocery store would make tons of money, or lose it all because Yuyuko ate the food without paying.

What would happen Futo stole Shou's pagoda and hid it under her hat?
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 02:32:18 AM »
Shou: "Hey, have you seen my Pagoda?"
Futo: "I'm looking at your- Oh wait, that gag wouldn't work."

Next up!
What if....Remilia discovered Energy Drinks?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 03:12:49 AM »
Sakuya: "Patchouli, what does the scouter say about her charisma level?"
Patchouli: "IT'S OVER 9000!!" >:(

What if Alice really likes Reimu, but covers it by pretending to like Marisa?
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:17 AM »
The MAlice ship has been sunk! Reimu Hakurei and Alice Margatroid (along with the help of ghost captain Murasa Minamitsu) are suspected to be the culprits! Read all about it in today's copy of the Bunbunmaru! (lol what did I just write?)

What if there was a Hunger Games in Gensokyo, only with lots of danmaku instead of killing?
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 03:43:50 AM »
What if there was a Hunger Games in Gensokyo, only with lots of danmaku instead of killing?
Yukari'd manipulate the boundary between victory and defeat to come out the winner regardless of the actual outcome. :(

Speaking of Yukari, what if she used her ability to manipulate the boundary between fantasy and reality to remove the need for Gensokyo to be seperate from the outside world in the first place?

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 03:46:11 AM »
Much awesome would be had.

What if the Tatari ended up in Gensokyo?
(Nasuverse guy, but he'd fit right in there, being a creature of myth and rumor himself.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:24 AM »
I have to agree here - Flandre's profile in the Touhou Wiki lists her as having an "unstable" personality. Unfortunately the other, better wiki's down right now (or something? Seriously, wtf's going on with it?) but I'm pretty sure her in-game bio also said as much. Furthermore, Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red describes her as "unstable" as well. So it seems like her unstable mind's a completely canonical thing, as far as I can tell...
I'd like to think of that as not being able to control oneself properly.  It's easy for one to get excited and then do some extreme stuff.  She wouldn't have been able to chat with Aya properly in that book if she was really insane.  What I mean is...  Sure, she may not be the sanest person, but fandom tends to treat her like a dangerous psychopath that is incapable of cooperating with anyone, which is not the case.

Sorry that I won't be answering the above poster's question here...  I don't know about that Tatari guy...  I simply wanted to reply to the quote above.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »
Flandre's nuts, deal w/ it.

Anyways: what if Alice's dolls staged a mutiny, and joined forces to become a form of rogue superdoll?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
Every one of Alice's fetishes would be paraded around Gensokyo for everyone to see.

What if it was revealed to everyone that Sanae was just an average powerless human and every magical thing she had ever done was just clever manipulation by Kanako and Suwako.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 04:57:38 AM »
It's a Moriya Shrine Conspiracy! Kanako and Suwako are doing it to gather more faith!

What if Kanako asked the kappa to develop onbashira-missiles?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 05:10:15 AM »
What if Kanako asked the kappa to develop onbashira-missiles?
Who needs onbashira-missiles when you've got nuclear power? Someone should teach Kanako about that stuff - poor girl's trying to achieve nuclear fusion with a crow. :/ The real question is what she'd do with them. Perhaps she's harboring a grudge against Reimu after the events of MoF? Or maybe there's something more sinister at work here...

In MoF, the Sanae/Kanako/Suwako trio were the main villains. Following their defeat
Spoiler:
they make peace with Reimu et all, as with any other game
. But then comes SA, where we find out that
Spoiler:
in the end, they were more or less behind this game's events as well. Particularly Kanako.
One way or another, that's two defeats in a row. It's clear that Reimu's got the upper hand on them when it comes to danmaku. Next game, Sanae joins the crew. This, after quite a history of fighting and causing incidents. One would have to be very na?ve not to suspect foul play...

My theory is that the Sanae/Kanako/Suwako trio is out to conquer Gensokyo. They're not idiots though. Reimu and Marisa just kick their asses; fighting them is getting nowhere. But as we learn in SA,
Spoiler:
Kanako uses Utsuho in an attempt to bring nuclear power to Gensokyo. CLEARLY for her own use. >_>
. Even that indirect strategy was thwarted by Reimu & co. Why is Sanae with the main characters now? As a spy. To get inside Reimu's head and learn all there is to learn about her. All so Kanako (clearly the leader of the trio) can know and wait until Reimu's out and FIRE HER ONBASHIRA MISSILES OF DOOM AT THE DEFENSELESS HAKUREI SHRINE! @_@ Gensokyo will then be ripe for the taking!

Touhou 14 is clearly leading up to this.

What if Reimu became Yukari's shikigami?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:13:05 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest