Author Topic: Your supreme commander is annoyed  (Read 15132 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Your supreme commander is annoyed
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
There has been two incidents involving the extracurricular activities of some MotK members.  I will not go into specifics and I will not link anything here (and if you do I will punish you) but suffice to say they caused a whole lot of grief for the staff and a whole lot of embarrassment for us as a community.  I had hoped after the first time this occurred you'd learn from your past mistakes but I guess the message wasn't quite as strong as it needed to be.

I am very annoyed at this moment.  I do not enjoy getting dragged into drama, especially when I'm not involved.  I especially do not like it when I get dragged into it again after I had already flipped off the handle the first time.  And I really do not like it when I have to defend this site from the actions of a few.

As of this moment adult-themed channels on irc.ppirc.net are disbanded and forbidden.  You can take your business somewhere else that isn't MotK or MotK related.  Soliciting for sex or cybering or whatever you want to call it is a bannable offense both here on the forums or on IRC.  If you get caught doing it you will be punished.  Any sort of NSFW conversation here on the forums must be clearly marked as such.  We reserve the right to end threads or topics of conversation that we deem are too explicit.

We are not interested in regulating your personal lives.  We are merely asking that you keep it to yourself while in this community, and to take such conversations somewhere else.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Your supreme commander is annoyed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
Man, I miss all the good stuff.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »

I didn't even notice it, actually.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
Wait what happened now?

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
Wait what happened now?
again, someone post a private talk in the imageboard, this time with two persons from this forum in Skype playing something nsfw.Nothing to do with the IRC, but looks who someone (s) are very interested in the private live of some people of this forum, then be careful.

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
again, someone post a private talk in the imageboard, this time with two persons from this forum in Skype playing something nsfw.Nothing to do with the IRC, but looks who someone (s) are very interested in the private live of some people of this forum, then be careful.

Hatate

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »

i am pretty sure logs from the irc being circulated throughout ppirc had something to do with it too......................................

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:57:06 PM »
That was the first time, second time came from an IRC channel that will no longer be permitted on PPIrC.  Again I don't care what you guys do on your freetime, I do care if it's done on MotK resources.  And if your personal exploits end up causing trouble for us, then I will be very annoyed, simply put.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »
Your definition of good stuff is severely twisted.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »
Your definition of good stuff is severely twisted.
I think he was referring to the intercourse roleplaying.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »
So you got involved because... you were asked? You know, to do... that? Or is it just because the convo was held on ppirc?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Drake

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »
So you got involved because... you were asked? You know, to do... that? Or is it just because the convo was held on ppirc?
she's kind of the server admin of motk and ppirc.net if you weren't aware

you'd think the whole deal being on a ppirc chat room, by people from motk, then being spread as if to denounce all of motk and these networks, would peeve tso off just a wee bit

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:04:15 PM »
My understanding was the RP took place in a Skype chat that had nothing to do with MotK or IRC, but then the convo was copy/pasted into IRC and elsewhere.

If that's the case - and I admit I could be totally wrong, and that the actually RP took place in IRC - then I don't see how the parties involved can be blamed for some DB deciding to share their separate, way-off-site fun and games with others.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
My understanding was the RP took place in a Skype chat that had nothing to do with MotK or IRC, but then the convo was copy/pasted into IRC and elsewhere.

If that's the case - and I admit I could be totally wrong, and that the actually RP took place in IRC - then I don't see how the parties involved can be blamed for some DB deciding to share their separate, way-off-site fun and games with others.

The first time was skype. The second was the infamous #fetish-meido, is what I believe TSO is saying.

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »
The first time was skype. The second was the infamous #fetish-meido, is what I believe TSO is saying.

Oh, there were two sessions?

Never mind, then. I stand corrected, and ask the Speaker to retract my previous statement from the record.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 02:29:34 AM »
I got involved because people caused drama for this site not once but twice.  The first time I can excuse as not entirely their fault (although I argue use common sense here, don't do stuff like that in a public area, especially with easily traced identities), the second time though was just plain stupid.  And your stupidity is causing me headaches so I'm returning the favor.

The ONLY reason this didn't explode as big as last time is because we the staff worked overtime to clamp down and clean up this mess as quickly and as quietly as possible.  I warned people last time that I was through, I was done playing babysitter and trying to be gentle.  If your lack of judgement is giving me an ulcer, you think you're going to just walk away without consequences?  I made this clear.  If you cause drama, unless it's ABSOLUTELY CLEAR it's none of your own doing, then you are just as liable for punishment as the initial instigator.  I don't care who threw the first punch, if you fight back and/or do stupid stuff to further it, then why should I stick my neck out and waste my time and energy defending your poor judgement? 

Now don't take this the wrong way, I will fight to the death to defend you if you've done nothing on your own to instigate drama.  If they were getting logs spat out to make fun of them just because they were gay or furry or whatever, I wouldn't have batted an eye and I would stick up for them, who cares what gets people "motivated" in bed.  But no, this was not once but twice they had logs come out that were extremely explicit, and the first time they caused a major catastrophe and a major PR headache for us with their vigilantism on Pooshlmer.  Second time the only reason it didn't repeat itself was because we made it EXTREMELY clear that we weren't going to tolerate any of that behavior again.  And yet, we wouldn't have had to intervene at all had they even done something as simple as locking the channel or not using their MotK names (let alone doing it on an MotK affiliated network). 

You get yourself into a mess, you get yourself out.  I got 99 problems but a hull breach ain't one.

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 02:35:22 AM »
And yet, we wouldn't have had to intervene at all had they even done something as simple as locking the channel or not using their MotK names (let alone doing it on an MotK affiliated network). 

For real. I do all my explicit roleplaying on a cyber-only MSN account under a completely different name.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 02:46:26 AM »
For real. I do all my explicit roleplaying on a cyber-only MSN account under a completely different name.
Pfft, I use ICQ because who uses ICQ anymore?

Tengukami

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 02:51:45 AM »
Ha! Let me add you to my Jabber account.

Drake

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 02:55:03 AM »
ICQ number is available in your forum profile obviously it's not underground enough

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 04:01:30 AM »
Phew, I thought I was in trouble due to my extra-forum connections.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 04:29:36 AM »

All those spambots.

Is that how they got here? They followed you?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »
then being spread as if to denounce all of motk and these networks

Oh, so that's what I missed. :V

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Germany, mostly.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."