Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F  (Read 234919 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
Does anyone have a strategy for dual hibachis. I just beat Serpent of Chaos at level 270. My party is Meiling, Remilia, Eiki, Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Patchy, Flan, Yukari, Suika, Kaguya, and Aya. Reimu is at Level 282

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
I just beat Serpent of Chaos at level 270.
what the fuck
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Zil

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 12:35:13 AM »

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »
what the fuck
Skillpoints. Because of skillpoints I was able to do Rinnosuke at about level 60.

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »
Oh god that's a high level ( 282? )
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:25 AM »
Oh god that's a high level ( 282? )
Not when you consider most people reach like level 400+ before beating Serpent of Chaos!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2012, 01:22:41 AM »
Not when you consider most people reach like level 400+ before beating Serpent of Chaos!

The fuck!? Level 400 and up!? You mean like this dude ( Read his levels in the description. ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUH9cM_-j_A
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »
Yes, like that dude. I was at a similar level to him (a little lower) when -I- beat the Serpent.

That is why "what the fuck" :V

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »
Ehehehe I just beat the hibachis with no deaths but, a bunch of close calls. So anyone have a strategy ***WINNER***?

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2012, 02:26:30 AM »
Re-attached. If you still can't get it, maybe you need 10 posts before the forum will let you.
10 posts and I still can't get i'll just give up on it.

Zil

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:03 AM »
Ehehehe I just beat the hibachis with no deaths but, a bunch of close calls. So anyone have a strategy ***WINNER***?
Ordinarily I'd say get to level 600, but what are you, cheating or something? You can't just say "skillpoints."

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2012, 06:27:38 AM »
If you cheat with enough skillpoints, it will work. I'm level 500ish with about 300 skill levels in Attack and Defense or something. I'm sure
skill levels will mitigate any levels you need if your skill levels are sufficiently high.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:43 AM »
Character levels increase your base stat values for the calculations. You need character and skill levels to beat the game with pure stats.

Team  (9) with about 400 levels in their main attack and defenses only beat SoC when they were over level 300. But in my case, sheer stats advantage had to make up for the limited strategy.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
10 posts and I still can't get i'll just give up on it.

Do you actually have Cheat Engine?

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »
there is also the possibility of him using old skillpoints and items. new game+

I did that once and did not need to grind at all. never. I beat rinnosuke on level 55 and maribel on level 70, at most. I did not even need to wait long until I could take on Baal avatar. it'S possible without cheating.

Zil

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:19 PM »
He was making it sound as though he had never been through the extra floors before, but if he wasn't cheating that's what he must have done I guess.

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Meanwhile, back at the house...
Levi is still grinding for Youmu :U
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »
For some reason, right now I feel tempted to replace the character portraits with those of non-Touhou characters just for fun.

Who would be a good fit given the existing abilities and animations?

Zil

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »
Advance Wars characters. I'd love to see that. There certainly are enough of them.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
Robot Masters.  Don't know what you'd do for Reimu, but a lot of the others seem to match up decently.  The only question is whether Marisa or Nitori gets to be Megaman.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »
There's also the obvious Dio Brando for Sakuya.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »
Sadly, my computer crashed this past week, and I lost everything on my hard drive. That includes all of my LoT save files, lol.

Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any to start a new game.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2012, 08:02:34 AM »
I'd imagine you lost the saves for a whole bunch of other stuff too. Tragedy man :/

draganuv15

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
Sadly, my computer crashed this past week, and I lost everything on my hard drive. That includes all of my LoT save files, lol.

Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any to start a new game.

Bummer, man.
Now that I feel like getting back to it, AGAIN. I might go with the Robot Master idea... but I can't make portraits for my own good T-T

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »
Picking this game up again after misplacing it for a while, decided to do a run with characters that have high TP because I hate having 6-10 TP characters in party and having to go home every few battles >:C

Regardless, I am about to distribute my skill points equally to everyone in my party before heading out to floor one. Normally I just skill point them in one or two stats for the whole game, like spending magic and speed only on Sanae, but then I came across Remilia. I'm  not sure how to put my skill points into the vampire, since she excels in many things. I'd rather conserve them and not spend unnecessarily early on, so what does one generally drop their skill points for Remilia in? She looks like her stats do well in too many things ffffs

Zil

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »
Probably defense. She is ultimately a tank, after all. She's pretty fast and can dish out some damage, but I don't think she can go too far in that direction, and you may end up using her speed for switching anyway. It's not like I'm a guru though, that's just what I found her to be best at in my own playthrough.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 03:22:06 AM »
For Remilia, I dump into Attack purely. The basic idea, I think, is either Pure Attack, Pure Tank(DEF and MND) or Pure Defense. But again, I use Pure Attack, as she is your first, and only, solid ATK-attacker for several floors(your next ones being Yuugi and Komachi, pending on your idea of 'solid'), best to make her last out, lest you run into something Low-DEF High-MND and have a Composite or MAG based party :ohdear:

And, just for the sake of giving a simple idea of my own setup: Meiling: ATK/DEF/HP, Tenshi: DEF/MND/ATK, mostly everyone else: Main Offensive Stat. You might be surprised how effective it can be XD

Avan Nozomi

• Look, it's a Rawrgna!
  • 何が遠い旅行ですか?
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:32 AM »
This may seem like a rather idiotic question, but does the Special Disk run on XP?
I can see the glory cause I wipe my tears
All part of the same thing be signed
I really want to feel delight
Even if I live in dying dreams
-Truly Glory, by FELT

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »
This may seem like a rather idiotic question, but does the Special Disk run on XP?
Yes!

Avan Nozomi

• Look, it's a Rawrgna!
  • 何が遠い旅行ですか?
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
I can see the glory cause I wipe my tears
All part of the same thing be signed
I really want to feel delight
Even if I live in dying dreams
-Truly Glory, by FELT