Author Topic: ZUN's next book: Symposium of Post-mysticism  (Read 17712 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
ZUN's next book: Symposium of Post-mysticism
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
Amazon link

Not much in the way of details yet, but it comes out on January 26th, and looks to be another character/setting book like PMiSS was. From the looks of it, it will pick up where PMiSS left off and cover the stuff from MoF to TD, with perhaps a debate spin on the whole thing, giving how there is now Shinto, Buddhism and Taoism all vying for attention/faith/etc. The current "cover" is just a placeholder, but there might even be a new character, too...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:21:25 PM by Akemi Homururo »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: ZUN's next book: Symposium of Post-mysticism
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
While I'll probably never be able to buy this, I'm still really hyped. Looks like things are going to get really interesting (again).

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 03:28:17 PM »
Zun Zun Zun! Release one thing every 6 months, massive orgasm... ahhhhhhh

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
Finally, Akyu info on Koishi <3

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
YES

We needed another PMiSS so bad. I expect this to be fully translated within ten minutes of release. Otherwise heads will roll!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
Huh.. the text is barely readable at this size...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:36 PM »
Oh yessssss. This is great. :D I am so looking forward to it.

...A post-mystic symposium? Isn't that one of those hipster bars?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »
Huh.. the text is barely readable at this size...

You can click the picture for a greater resolution, can read it just fine aside from two or three Kanji.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
Hype get?

HYPE MOTHERF***ING GET!!!

I can not wait to see this. Also, would it be possible to ask for a translation of whatever it says on the front?
Also, how much are we looking at here? (I know most will deal in dollars, but I want English Pounds here~ <3 ) I may want in on a preorder... Which is odd, seeing as I've never preordered anything in my life.  :V

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!  Can't wait! :]

Drake

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
nforza i am ordering this so hard when it comes out

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:24 PM »
I'm so getting this as a birthday present :3
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »
YES THIS IS AWESOME

Now watch it contradict every Touhou fanfic that's been written since MoF. :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
Wow, for the past month I was thinking to myself, "You know, it'd be great if we got another PMiSS type book now." This is great!

Who's that girl looking over Marisa's shoulder?  Is that Remilia?  I thought it'd be one of the newer characters but I can't recognize her ^^;

nintendonut888

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »
YES THIS IS AWESOME

Now watch it contradict every Touhou fanfic that's been written since MoF. :colonveeplusalpha:

Or better yet, confirm them. >:D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Oh, I'll still read it. It's going to be wonderful to see the post-MoF characters fleshed out like this.

Specifically locations. I found article collections like the "Dangerous Area Guide" (places like Nameless Hill, the Road of Liminality, etc) to be really interesting, but also very ignored in fanworks. I very much look forward to cannibalizing the information in this book for fun and profit.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Oh god, I am going to need this being as all my favourite characters were post MoF. I wonder if there will be any way of getting it to the UK not horrendously overpriced.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

DO WANT. NAO.  :getdown:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 04:30:39 AM »
Wow, looks like an amazing book. Some more stuff to think about and maybe even new theories Akyuu provides or will it be some
other narrator?

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 06:06:04 AM »
Basic translation:

"A new book on Touhou Project appears. It continues the work started by Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red, Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Grimoire of Marisa, and, as always, features new text information, all by ZUN.
It will focus on Gensokyo religious aspects and youkai extermination, with 3 major powers fighting for their points of view! Shinto, buddhism, taoism... are they still disputing!? Will humanity be safe? Can a conclusion be reached? Who is one that started this? The discussion conveyed in 6 chapters will decide the future of Gensokyo! [Went for a more literal approach in the last sentence so I'm less likely to be misunderstood]
At the same time, it will also introduce the characters that appear from Mountain of Faith to Ten Desires. Various sources, such as Gensokyo Chronicle, Bunbunmaru and Kakashi Nenhou newspapers are cited to help the argument." [It's Kakashi Nenhou, right? Kakashi Spirit News or something? I'm not sure]

Can be a bit incorrect, etc etc...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:09:32 AM by Arknarok »

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 06:26:55 AM »
Ohoho.

Looks like we've got something to anticipate these days.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
I'll look into it once I either a) learn how to read moonrunes or b) this somehow gets translated to English.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Assuming there is someone who will transcribe it, it'll probably get translated soon enough. I'll be working on it, at the very least.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »
Assuming there is someone who will transcribe it, it'll probably get translated soon enough. I'll be working on it, at the very least.
YES

Heard about it on IRC, though Forza-confirmed == confirmed.

At last, the long long LONG waiting has shown its fruits. How I was wishing and hoping since release of UFO on a continuation of Gensokyo's canon facts.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
Also, how much are we looking at here? (I know most will deal in dollars, but I want English Pounds here~ <3 ) I may want in on a preorder... Which is odd, seeing as I've never preordered anything in my life.  :V
1800 x 0.008 = 1.8 x 8 = 8 + 6.4 = 14.4 English pounds :V

also:
YES THIS IS AWESOME

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »
Damn. Now I just need a time machine to fast forward to Jan 26 :3

For all the fanfics and doujin comics that I've read, I still find that nothing quite tickles the craving for more stories of our favourite eastern wonderland like official print works like CiLR/PMiSS/BAiJR/etc...

Project: J-ko

• I'm not saying it was Jiang Shi...
  • ...but it was Jiang Shi.
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:53 AM »
Oh look!  It's the new #1 thing on my Amazon wishlist.   :V

I want full disclosure on all Jiangshis in Gensokyo, AND I WANT IT NOW!!   :3
I guess hopping ghosts are kind of like monsters...

nintendonut888

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:47 AM »
Basic translation:

It will focus on Gensokyo religious aspects and youkai extermination, with 3 major powers fighting for their points of view! Shinto, buddhism, taoism... are they still disputing!? Will humanity be safe? Can a conclusion be reached? Who is one that started this? The discussion conveyed in 6 chapters will decide the future of Gensokyo!

Oh hoh. I totally called this back at Ten Desire's release. I knew Miko's influence would not just be as simple as "set up events for the next game and bow out" like the previous entries. Now I am doubly interested in reading this. :3

Palewolf

• バカ狼ですよ
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 03:44:05 AM »
Woho! Feed us moar cannon plz.

I should step up my japanese studies in anticipation for this, not that it means that i will be able to read it but anyway.  :derp:

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »
Basic translation:

"A new book on Touhou Project appears. It continues the work started by Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red, Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Grimoire of Marisa, and, as always, features new text information, all by ZUN.
It will focus on Gensokyo religious aspects and youkai extermination, with 3 major powers fighting for their points of view! Shinto, buddhism, taoism... are they still disputing!? Will humanity be safe? Can a conclusion be reached? Who is one that started this? The discussion conveyed in 6 chapters will decide the future of Gensokyo! [Went for a more literal approach in the last sentence so I'm less likely to be misunderstood]
At the same time, it will also introduce the characters that appear from Mountain of Faith to Ten Desires. Various sources, such as Gensokyo Chronicle, Bunbunmaru and Kakashi Nenhou newspapers are cited to help the argument." [It's Kakashi Nenhou, right? Kakashi Spirit News or something? I'm not sure]

Can be a bit incorrect, etc etc...

Kakashi Spirit News? Then that means.... we're some articles written by Hatate? Hohohoho I'm so looking forward to this.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter