Author Topic: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.  (Read 52331 times)

Re: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
We can not tolerate injustice. With this in mind, let's count the injustice
Pesco and TOWN: Election sliding, and continued terrorist threats
DWH: Bombings
Hydras: Nothing.

firstly, I should see no reason why Pesco should be let off the hook, except for personal reasons that I strongly disagree should be considered.
Military action may be needed to deal with DWH. We must capture and punish those who initiated the bomb and show that those who kill will be brought to justice, not create it.
As for the peaceful solution, I believe a compromise may be in order.
I would like to suggest a "Hydra Tax"

Hydras are created from partnerships between two humans who work as one. If, however, we put a tax on these groupings, it will be a soft discourage against making hydras. An outright ban is too much, and I'd hate to give such a vile group the satisfaction of bullying the government into doing what they wish, especially since No one has even brought up why Hydras were bad or wrong in the first place. I believe by throwing this scrap out to the public will help stall them from doing any more damage for a while.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
I have stated my reasons for why I believe that Pesco should not be punished for his actions.
All humans are not born equal, why should those born with power reduce themselves to a lower level for the others?

DWH... Bullying this government?
I fail to see where you're getting this from.
I have stated myself that I wish to see the eradication of hydras.
I do, however, agree that DWH must be dealt with.
They are a threat to this country, and should be rounded up and nuked with the hydras as a consequence.

Two working as one? Why can this not be achieved outside of a hydra?
Are you saying that people must be physically attached to one another, with their life dependent on their partners, in order to foster a sense of cooperation?
Do you distrust the citizens of Kaleidescopedia that much?

« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
So it doesn't concern you that Pesco broke the law?
Power without restraint only leads to destruction. Do you want destruction to happen to our nation?

... well, considering your stance on using nukes, I suppose you wouldn't mind after all.

Also, you should be well aware of the Mafia Player slot restriction, and the general attitude of mafia, where Hydras are most prevalent in this nation. Only one body is allowed to fill one slot, so hydras are the only known method of entering multiple minds. Trust is the most important thing innocents have, but when the mafia group shows up within their ranks without warning, a hydra is the only way for the panicked souls to have at least one person they can trust. If we do not allow hydras, Crime rate will soar as Mafioso across the nation will take over town after town in our nation.

If we were to put a ban on hydras, we would lose our most effective weapon against the discord and chaos that these mafioso bring to our unsuspecting people. You know as well as I do that our research into Masonry has only yeilded stone crafting techniques. We have no alternative options here.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
What reason is there to practice restraint?
Why not live up to one's full potential?

You fail to bring up an important point when saying that hydras are a weapon against the mafioso.
Hydras are just as likely to be working with the mafioso as they are against.
It is true that research into masonry has resulted mostly in the improvements of stone crafting. Why is this a bad thing?
Is a nation not founded on a solid stone foundation?
Is it not this stone foundation that every citizen of Kaleidoscopedia stands on?
One could argue that, by improving our stone crafting techniques and applying it to our foundations, we are, in fact, bringing the country together as a whole and fortifying it against any threats from both the inside and outside.

« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
There is very good reason to restrain power.
you choose to not restrain it, correct? You choose to believe everyone should have freedom?
Does that include the freedom to restrain others? As long as there is more than one human on this planet, someone's rights will always be infringed upon, because no one can have everything they want without someone else giving up what they want.
What you are suggesting is a world of anarchy, and a world of anarchy will never work. More importantly, we are the ones who stand to lose the most in such a world. If we keep our world in order, we keep ourselves at the top. We remove from power anyone who would use that power to destroy recklessly, and in doing so, we remain the most powerful. I don't see what you believe we could possibly gain from letting Pesco run amok.

According to International Mafia Research Studies, whenever a mafia group is about to enclose over a city, they occurpy about 25% of the town's populous. This percentage has never increased passed 35% thanks to the regulations we have in place. If we assume that a random part of a town's poulation is the mafia, with no preference given to hydras, then that means that town will have over 3 times the chance of having a hydra on their side than the mafia will. If we do not assume that this is random chance, then that simply means there will be less mafia members needed to kill their group off since one lynch will kill them both, instead of separately.

You also have missed my point entirely. The Hydra loophole was created to aid players in place of masonry. My point was that We have yet to discover what about masonry will allow separate slots to join together in trust, without combining them. My point had nothing to do with whether or not stone crafting helps us. The fact that this argument fills up half of your post makes me feel like you're just attempting to downplay my valid arguments.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »
Yes, some people will have a shorter end of the stick than others.
A world where everybody is happy simply doesn't exist.
It is an impossible dream.
Therefore, I offer the best alternative.
A world where your position is determined by your own merits.
By placing limiters on the populace, all you do is cover reality with a false veil.
Tell me, we all came from a world where people were bound by social conventions and norms, was the world we came from perfect?
Did everybody manage achieve their goals without undermining somebody else's?
Was everybody happy?
The answer is, obviously, no.
A facade was created and the people found it simpler to simply keep the matter out of sight and out of mind.
I recognize that inequalities exist.
My system is simple. I am currently the most fit to lead this country.
If somebody else disagrees, and believes that he or she is able to perform a more capable job than I am, then they should aim to take my seat through any means they deem fit.
Of course, this means that I too will be using my own methods to hold my position as I believe that I am this country's most capable leader.
What does Pesco have to do with this?
Pesco is a prime example of using his own devices to achieve what he believes to be right for the country.
Why should we punish a man who is simply fighting for what he believes in?

If we have yet to discover what the full potentials of masonry, then we should discover them.
Having hydras within the mafia artificially increases their numbers, just like it does with town.
The fact that town is more likely to have a hydra than the mafia simply means that a mafia hydra is that much more devastating.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
And so the president and his vice clash again on this glorious battlefield.
Godspeed to both men, for both will change the tide of this nation.

Hold up-if TOWN is considered a minority terrorist organization, then wouldn't that mean we are SCUM, since we're in power and not part of TOWN?

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
So, you truly do advocate a world order that would actively and openly try to take you down?
Believe me, I have goals, and I have plans working towards those goals.
Pesco has been proven to tamper with the government out of his own free will, and I Assert that he will only continue to wreck havoc on us if we let him permit without some form of punishment.

I'm jealous. you laugh at everything as if it doesn't matter. you speak as if everything is easy.
It's not. If learning the secrets of using masonry to increase confidence in town trust were as easy as "then we should discover them." then we would not have mafia left and right invading our country from within.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
As time passes, the situation becomes more clear. The media have beg reporting more pointedly, although this isn't entirely in your favour - they've begun linking the incident to your campaign. Some of the media even suggest that you set Pesco up to do it in order to gain an unfair advantage on your rival Zakeri, which was only halted due to Zakeri's timely interference.

Meanwhile, CBTS reports they've located the group that claims they want to plunge the forums into chaos if their demands are not met. There are five hotspots they gather in, all in the same city, conveniently. Nuking the hell out of them is a possibility, but it'd probably take the entire city along with it.

Of course, before you nuke the hell out of anything, you should probably think of what to do about the press, and all, before this situation gets out of hand. You have four possibilities.

1) Release a press statement condemning Pesco. If your official policy is that Pesco was one Bad Dude, people probably won't link his actions to you anymore. Well, maybe, it just could be.
2) Chide the press for their foolish assumptions. You? Coaching Pesco? You couldn't even coach a team of high school girls playing basketball if your life depended on it! What foolish lies.
3) No statement. NO STATEMENT AT ALL PEOPLE! Walking the path of true neutrality.
4) Confirm the suspicions. So you did set Pesco up for it. Problem?

The press expect your statement in 24 hours, so think hard on the matter.

This is now a thing. Mr President, what is your response?

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »
We must not nuke the city. The loss of even one innocent life is UNACCEPTABLE in this case.

Pesco broke the law, and he MUST BE PUNISHED to the full extend of the law! These are not "Terrorists" persay, but rather FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

Mr. President, I urge you to BAN HYDRAS forever.

Besides, Hydras are OP. Nerf Pl0x.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »
Pesco broke the law, and he MUST BE PUNISHED to the full extend of the law! These are not "Terrorists" persay, but rather FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

Terror Organization With Nuts

Lolwut.

Zakeri clearly ignores the contributions that I made for this place's history.

« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
History is in the past. I only look out for our future.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
There is no future without the past.

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »
If we always look behind us, we'll trip over the rocks.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »
Get our workers out, Initate lockdown, fill the insides with gasoline-hell no, gasoline's expensive. Think of an alternative to gasoline. and radioactive fluid.

SET THAT BITCH ON NUCLEAR FIRE.

It's like a nuke, but with less of our nukes being used.

Alright I'll agree to something like this.  We are using nukes, but using them in a way that won't cause huge explosions and toxins flooding our atmosphere.  It's like we are recycling the nuke and using cheap cheap nuclear components like fire to burn the enemies of the state. 

Don't lynch me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »
If we always look behind us, we'll trip over the rocks.

Don't be a dumbass that walks backwards :V

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2011, 08:19:35 PM »
well, now it sounds like you're advocating that we don't move at all.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »
With your approach to things, that is clearly the case. Obvscum.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
As I said before, I would like to chide the press for their foolish beliefs that people shouldn't live up to their potential.

Bardiche

« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
I won't be around for "deadline", so you can probably also state which option you'll go with for dealing with the hydras. Sorta busy. :V

« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
since Bardiche wasn't kind enough to update the Hydra Issue again, I'll take the liberty of recaping the current suggested solutions.

We have these choices to pick from with dealing with the Terrorist attacks:
1. Kill everyone Including the innocent
2. Kill people at random and hope they are not innocent
3. Ban Hydras and let Terrorist and Mafia win.
4. Impose licensing laws and Fees on hydras Allowing Hydras to exist, but deterring people from Hydraing without good reason, while at the same time allowing us more room for spending in ... whichever areas we choose to spend it.

Option 2 would be ... most preferential to me, since we need to make certain justice against the terrorist is responded to swiftly, but I strongly encourage option 4 as well. We have no need to kill hundreds of innocent, and banning the Hydra outright is absurd.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »
I believe the popular view was to have the hydras and DWH members rounded up and detained in an area near our country's borders before nuking them and setting the remains alight.

ActionDan

« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
I think there are a lot more caveats then what you are suggesting, if option 2 means gathering some hydras and some DWH along with a few innocents who may or may not be innocent (if you get my meaning) that's fine.  I'm more concerned in how we kill them.  I would vote for Nuclear components like fire + excessive radiation in a controlled enviroment.  Letting our public know of this deed, but no other nation should get even a whiff of it.   Also, no nuclear explosions as the consequence of such would be to depress our economy, ruin our atmosphere, turn our supporters against us, corrupt military and civilian information technology (weather forecasts, heat sensors).  Mind you that a Nuclear explosion, even outside our country, will still have these severe effects as the action is considered global in scale.  Also a nuclear strike outside our borders only means that it lands in someone else's (All land is claimed for one nation or another).  That nation would probably retaliate with its own nukes and destroy us all!

Don't lynch me.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
I believe the popular view was to have the hydras and DWH members rounded up and detained in an area near our country's borders before nuking them and setting the remains alight.
Switch "nuke and set them alight" with "put in a controlled environment with radioactive fluid everywhere and set the whole thing alight with the centre employees safely away from the burning" and that's the census as I understand it.

ActionDan

« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »
Ya, what she/he/it said.

Don't lynch me.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
Ya, what she/he/it said.

Bot or he is fine.

« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
I guess this leaves it up to Dormio now, huh?

Bardiche

« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
Nah, I've received the actions and all, but I need to gather the assertions and post the results, I've just been busy so I don't have the time to get to it, much apologies. I'm just checking in briefly now, too.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »
Looking for opinions on renaming the capital 'Kaleifornia'

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »
Denied