Author Topic: The Case of 10 Desires  (Read 6383 times)

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
The Case of 10 Desires
« on: July 07, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
Ok, as part of my facebook project (Called "Touhou Fan Club [English]") I was looking for the game cases of each Touhou game to house links to soundtracks that did not apply to any of the characters themselves. When I was just about finished finding the game cases, I came across the Ten Desires case. Now we all know of the already 2 new characters in the series so far. But on the case of ten desires, there was the silhouette of what looks like an ANGEL....... Could Sariel be making a grand return as the final/extra stage boss? Or is this someone completely new? (btw, I'm not saying Mima won't have a chance to reappear because of this).
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

Re: The Case of 10 Desires
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
Can you share the picture, please? Also, are you sure that it's legit?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »
I dont see an angel.

Just so you know, there /is/ no case to ten desires, so it is most likely fake, unless you meant the title screen, which has no angels on it as far as I can tell. However, I was never able to look hard enough into the mesh of colors to find the boat, so I dont know.

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
Actually I looked at it again and there aren't six wings, so it can't be Sariel, but the silhouette definitely has a halo above it.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183903_101856356562571_100002146205655_14876_6056922_n.jpg
What is the real meaning of life? Such a fragile and weak thing it is. The answer is whatever you make it out to be. If you're a mad man then go around and do what you do best because in the end it's all about you... That's right, destruction is your desire, you live to kill, to reap away everything else that isn't important to you!

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »
Actually I looked at it again and there aren't six wings, so it can't be Sariel, but the silhouette definitely has a halo above it.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183903_101856356562571_100002146205655_14876_6056922_n.jpg
...if I were you, I would not spend even a single further thought on this, as that looks very fake.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »
Game for Windows 2000? Aren't copies of those hidden in oil pockets with Dino bones by now?

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
Yeah, it's fake, it has to be. Looks rather nice though. :3

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
Indeed.

Oh, how hilarious it will be if it turns out to be real.

Actually I dont find the XP/2000 bit all that suspicious. ZUN seems to be either oblivious to the fact that widescreen became the new 4:3 aspect ratio, and/or is incapable of enabling the new games compatibility with widescreen. Cadrin doesn't <3 stretching.

But I think it's fake.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »
Yeah, totally a dragon fake.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
... And to think it takes that long for Touhou games to be made by Zun, that the Fans make 10 more before he does even a one....

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
I actually sort of noticed that with the other Shmup game cases had a small description of the plot (like 12's "Chase the Flying Object!"), this case doesn't. I'm pretty sure ZUN would add some small description somewhere on it if it was real. Isn't there also some black sticker somewhere on the cases of each game?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
I actually sort of noticed that with the other Shmup game cases had a small description of the plot (like 12's "Chase the Flying Object!"), this case doesn't. I'm pretty sure ZUN would add some small description somewhere on it if it was real. Isn't there also some black sticker somewhere on the cases of each game?
You can make a decision much simpler.

What reasons do you have to believe that this is legit? No, it looking similar to the official cases does not count as an argument, neither does a random person on the internet saying that he "knows" it is real, since both of those things apply to fake stuff that turns up all the time.

Fake until evidence suggests otherwise.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

ShouAmaterasu

• Gengetsu's Disciple
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »
You can make a decision much simpler.

What reasons do you have to believe that this is legit? No, it looking similar to the official cases does not count as an argument, neither does a random person on the internet saying that he "knows" it is real, since both of those things apply to fake stuff that turns up all the time.

Fake until evidence suggests otherwise.  :derp:

I wasn't saying that to say it was legit, in fact I was saying the contrary. If the usual short plot summaries in recent games and stickers aren't on the case, then I have reason enough to believe it is fake. But there is no denying that It still interests me though.

also an update on the source, it shows the image well enough when searching on Yahoo, but the site itself being called "foroanime.com" with some guy that looks like he is forcing a smile (it looks creepy). The biggest selling point of ingenuity is the whacky phrase "Buy Toho and Save Big!" DevianART chat is also quite strangely linked here.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 01:17:12 AM »
I wasn't saying that to say it was legit, in fact I was saying the contrary. If the usual short plot summaries in recent games and stickers aren't on the case, then I have reason enough to believe it is fake. But there is no denying that It still interests me though.

also an update on the source, it shows the image well enough when searching on Yahoo, but the site itself being called "foroanime.com" with some guy that looks like he is forcing a smile (it looks creepy). The biggest selling point of ingenuity is the whacky phrase "Buy Toho and Save Big!" DevianART chat is also quite strangely linked here.

Can you give some links? This foroanime.com website seems to be a URL not owned by anyone, so maybe he never paid his fee to keep that URL.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
Totally obvscumfake.

I mean, seriously? Is there any reason ZUN would leak images anywhere else other than on his blog/site?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
I mean, seriously? Is there any reason ZUN would leak images anywhere else other than on his blog/site?

Maybe someone else copied it over to someone else?

But I'm still in on it being fake. The character outline seems nice, though.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
The part that amazes me is that people fall for these "sneak previews" that turn out to be fake every single time it happens, no matter how badly they're drawn or composed, because fans are so anxious to get anything from ZUN that they make themselves believe the fakes are true.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
Maybe someone else copied it over to someone else?

But I'm still in on it being fake. The character outline seems nice, though.
Master Bigode the asdf's link already proves that it is fake.

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
Super fake, in fact that silhouette looks like an edited screenshot from 3D Custom Girl, I recognize that pose :V

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 05:10:32 AM »
It's very nicely made, I'll give 'em that, but it's obviously very fake.  There shouldn't be any reason why ZUN's planned case image got leaked on the internet.

Though it is quite convincing, and may actually fool many people.