Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 2 (Please look here before anywhere else)  (Read 174934 times)

Zil

You can ask the same question about Miko and Futo, and probably all of the other underground youkai from SA and UFO.

AnonymousPondScum

You can ask the same question about Miko and Futo, and probably all of the other underground youkai from SA and UFO.

Well, Koishi had been aboveground for some time.

And since the spell card system is rules for formalized dueling, I imagine that the oni might have sent a representative for the initial summit since they love contests, and said oni would have told Yuugi who would have told everyone else.

BING-O! :V

I know that's a popular idea. But I think it's also generally accepted that Mokou is an expert on healthy food? (I'm not saying either is correct.)Anyway, what I'm asking for is confirmation on the "after IN Extra Stage, Mokou's entire body feels sore" thing.

The health yakkitori stand thing is a joke, in reference to the time Mokou threatened Aya in BAiJR by telling implying to Aya that she was going to turn that tengo into roast yakkitori.

CiLR (the Mokou chapter) has Mokou mention that she sometimes lets herself starve when she can't be bothered to go find food, if I recall correctly.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
A friend of mine asked me if it's true that you can fly over the Great Hakurei Barrier to enter Gensokyo.

Thanks in advance!

Drake

no

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Is it possible for a human to go into gensokyo without being spirited away? Kinda like how Maribel got into the Netherworld.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:05:17 AM by Hinacle »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
You can, but only if you go into near-earth orbit and drop straight down into Gensokyo.

Seriously, the "barrier" isn't like a wall in the physical sense of the word, with a top you can jump over or a bottom you can dig under. It is, like many barriers between the mundane world and a magical world, a sort of invisible sphere that prevents you from seeing what's inside or being able to pass through it without some kind of magical assistance - or any of the other myriad ways ZUN has suggested.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

game2011

• magneiptVE
You can, but only if you go into near-earth orbit and drop straight down into Gensokyo.
So that means you have to "crash through the barrier" from space?

AnonymousPondScum

Yeah, the closest there being to a physical barrier element to it is that IIRC getting close to it from the outside can cause humans to get disoriented, which usually results in them winding up walking back away from Gensokyo.

Drake

So that means you have to "crash through the barrier" from space?
he was being sarcastic

game2011

• magneiptVE
So please make it clear for me: You CANNOT enter Gensokyo by crashing or flying into it?  Right?

Drake

You cannot. Gensokyo doesn't seem to occupy any space in the outside world, but the Hakurei Border does envelop a certain space in the outside world. That space is what connects the outside world to Gensokyo.

-Yukari can enter and leave Gensokyo on what seems to be her whim. Yukari spirits away humans sometimes for reasons unknown.
-Yukari has opened the border to the Lunar Capital on a few occasions, which I suppose also counts.
-People can wander into Gensokyo by staying around the outside's "half" of the border (which also has a small shrine on its edge); despite how strong the boundary is, it is not perfect. The area has magic that makes people wander away from it, but random objects and people sometimes find their way in. Reimu has the duty of either sending these people back or sending them to the human village if they wish to stay.
-There have been presumed to be other entrances besides the shrine that were ripped open by presumably strong youkai. Therefore the shrine in the outside world is probably also not the only point of entry.
-Chiyuri and Yumemi made their way in by space-time travel of sorts.
-Maribel enters Gensokyo through her dreams.
-The Scarlet Devil Mansion was transported to Gensokyo through unknown means.
-Reisen made it into Gensokyo through unknown means.
-Toyohime and Yorihime travel to Gensokyo through unknown means, but it is presumed that Toyohime's ability to connect Earth and Sea is involved.
-The Moriya Shrine was transported to Gensokyo through unknown means but was the doing of Kanako and/or Suwako.
-The Ruined Western Mansion (home to the Prismrivers) was transported to Gensokyo by Layla using magic of sorts.
-Mamizou just paraded in somehow. It's possible Nue left Gensokyo to retrieve Mamizou, so getting into Gensokyo could have been her doing as well.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:54:21 AM by Drake »

game2011

• magneiptVE
Okay, thanks for the clarification!

Your friend probably mixed up the gate/border.

The gate/border that you simply fly over is the gate to the Netherworld from Gensokyo, not from the border to Gensokyo from the Outside World. (from Sakuya's post-battle dialogue with the Prismriver sisters in PCB, I believe)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:43:31 PM by Tiamat »

game2011

• magneiptVE
There would be no point in Eirin taking the Hourai Elixir if she's really a goddess, right?  Someone says that deities will die if they lack faith, so Eirin, despite being a goddess, took it in order to become a true immortal.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:36:20 PM by game2011 »

Tengukami

There would be no point in Eirin taking the Hourai Elixir if she's really a goddess, right?  Someone says that deities will die if they lack faith, so Eirin, despite being a goddess, took it in order to become a true immortal.

Thanks in advance!

There is no evidence beyond wild speculation that Eirin is a goddess, and she conclusively did take the Hourai Elixir.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

is that an official character or a fan made one?

Tengukami

Hakurei is the family name, a "miko" is a Shinto shrine maiden.

*confused face*

Vael

• Weaver of Illusions, Shaman of Dreams
*confused face*
Hakurei is the name of the family that takes care of the Hakurei Shrine. Miko is the job that they do, taking care of the shrine.

It's kinda like having a family of Priests taking of the same small run down church over generations.

so...that means its official or fan-made character?

Tengukami

Misc. Questions Thread
« Reply #711 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
Eh? Reimu Hakurei is an official character.

no, i mean......hakurei miko,not hakurei reimu

Vael

so...that means its official or fan-made character?
Hakurei Miko refers to the entire line, only one Hakurei Miko's name is known, Reimu's. The rest are referred to with their succession in the Hakurei line, like the Thirteenth Hakurei Miko.

Edit:
Remember, Miko is their job.

Vael

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Soccer_Moushuuden:_Hakurei_Miko
Ah, then you should have pointed out where you found her, and I don't think so, as she might refer to the pc-98 system which ZUN himself had dismissed. My sempai might have a different idea though.

Edit:
That last seems to lead to lead another Miko, Reimu's mother...that specific one is completely fanon.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:47:04 AM by Vael »

Zil

I think the Touhou Soccer one is indeed just the PC-98 Reimu, since the game also has PC-98 Marisa and Alice. Touhoumon does a similar thing.

game2011

• magneiptVE
There is no evidence beyond wild speculation that Eirin is a goddess, and she conclusively did take the Hourai Elixir.
I know...  Just that some people are very sure that she is a goddess...

Okay, I know I'm bringing up Eirin and her immortality issue a lot, but please bear with me for a little longer...  Sorry...

Even though it's confirmed that she's taken the elixir, there's still one thing that doesn't seem right...  The Hourai Elixir makes you immune to sicknesses if you take it two times.  If Eirin is truly immortal, then she must've taken it three times, and that would make her sick-proof too.  However, in the Inaba manga, she is shown to be able to fall sick, unless one argues that the manga shouldn't be taken seriously...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:50:38 AM by game2011 »

Is this fake? Also what is Sanae saying?

Nope! This would indicate that the game is real and going to come out at Comiket 82:

http://sadinfish.com/fairytale/game/game11_index_jp.html

And there's the proof. Unfortunately I can't help you with what Sanae is saying due to no knowledge of japanese.