Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81946 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #780 on: June 21, 2010, 04:08:54 AM »
> "Should we tell mom about these things yet?"

>"Does she need to know, you think? If I were you, I wouldn't spread this around. What if, like, the Military found out?"

>_

« Reply #781 on: June 21, 2010, 04:14:57 AM »
>"Hmmm.... technically the miko I was thinking of talking to about this works as a military test pilot..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #782 on: June 21, 2010, 04:22:02 AM »
>"Hmmm.... technically the miko I was thinking of talking to about this works as a military test pilot..."

>She frowns. "That's...wow, they're even allowed to do that?"

>_

« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2010, 04:26:34 AM »
>"Yeah, it did seem a little odd to me, but I guess they must be."
>"But, I suppose, as a spiritual person, hopefully she wouldn't think that this sort of thing was military business in the first place. You worried they'll haul me in and experiment on me, or something?"
>"...I wish I could say that sounded as ridiculous as it would have been a couple days ago..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2010, 04:55:43 AM »
>"Yeah, it did seem a little odd to me, but I guess they must be."
>"But, I suppose, as a spiritual person, hopefully she wouldn't think that this sort of thing was military business in the first place. You worried they'll haul me in and experiment on me, or something?"
>"...I wish I could say that sounded as ridiculous as it would have been a couple days ago..."

>"I suppose so, or she wouldn't be allowed to be a Shrine Maiden.
>"That exactly what I'm worried about. It is the military, after all."

>_

« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2010, 05:07:42 AM »
>"Either way, I think I should risk it. I have nothing but questions. I need answers."
>"Besides, if these things stay like they are, I'm sure other people will find out eventually, anyway. Get caught on camera somewhere or other. I'd rather I be the one to take action first."

>"Anyway, I have an appointment in an hour or so to talk to Tenma about Akyuu's house being condemned. Hopefully I'll learn something useful. I hope I'm not just getting myself into more trouble. There seems to be no end of it, lately."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2010, 05:14:12 AM »
>"Either way, I think I should risk it. I have nothing but questions. I need answers."
>"Besides, if these things stay like they are, I'm sure other people will find out eventually, anyway. Get caught on camera somewhere or other. I'd rather I be the one to take action first."

>"Anyway, I have an appointment in an hour or so to talk to Tenma about Akyuu's house being condemned. Hopefully I'll learn something useful. I hope I'm not just getting myself into more trouble. There seems to be no end of it, lately."

>She nods. "Well, be careful. Who knows where her loyalties are."
>"Nyeh...that's a good point. "
>"Ah. Good luck with that. Just leave your dirty clothes here, I'll get them with the rest of the laundry."

>_

« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2010, 05:16:55 AM »
>"Thanks. And I'll be as careful as I can."
>Change your clothes and generally get ready to go

>"Now that I think about it, can I borrow that camera for a little while? I might need to convince someone I'm not crazy later today."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #788 on: June 21, 2010, 05:29:30 AM »
>"Thanks. And I'll be as careful as I can."
>Change your clothes and generally get ready to go

>"Now that I think about it, can I borrow that camera for a little while? I might need to convince someone I'm not crazy later today."

>"It's Satori's," says Orin. "She'll probably need it at the shelter today."
>You have time to get cleaned up as well, will you take it?

>_

« Reply #789 on: June 21, 2010, 05:35:47 AM »
>Get cleaned up
>Head to City Hall

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2010, 05:54:03 AM »
>Get cleaned up
>Head to City Hall

>You decide to get cleaned up. You select some new clothes and head to the bath. You take off the Eye Pendant and set it aside. Then you take off the Peace of Mind Charm and set it aside. You could continue further, except that you notice a faint green thing in the bathroom mirror, behind you...

>_

« Reply #791 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:43 AM »
>Try putting the charm back on. Does the image disappear, again?
>If so, try taking the charm off and waiting. Does the image become more substantial?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:15 AM »
> If it does affect the image, it could be helpful to keep it off to keep an eye on that thing. There is the possibility of this backfiring, though.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #793 on: June 21, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
>Take photo of Orin, look if there's any "guests" with her as well.

>Wave to green thing. It responded in the dream, maybe it would now too.

>Remember to give Eye Pendant to Satori on the way out. It was supposed to be a gift for her, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #794 on: June 21, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
>Try putting the charm back on. Does the image disappear, again?
>If so, try taking the charm off and waiting. Does the image become more substantial?

>You put the charm back on quickly, and it disappears again.
>You take it off again, and wait a little. Yes, it is becoming more substantial.

> If it does affect the image, it could be helpful to keep it off to keep an eye on that thing. There is the possibility of this backfiring, though.

>You aren't sure this counts as a backfiring, but as it becomes more visible, you can feel a definite tingling on your shoulder, where you see its hand lingering there in the mirror.

>Take photo of Orin, look if there's any "guests" with her as well.

>Wave to green thing. It responded in the dream, maybe it would now too.

>Remember to give Eye Pendant to Satori on the way out. It was supposed to be a gift for her, right?

>Orin is not currently in the bathroom. Thank god.
>You wave. It mimics the gesture awkwardly. You...think you saw some motion out of the corner of your eye.
>It was, though you find that you enjoy it.

>_

« Reply #795 on: June 21, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »

The eye was described as reptilian. I'd always thought it basically resembled the eye that would normally be in Utsuoho's chest. I'm not sure that it DOES anything, really, but a reminder of something we're 'missing' can't be a bad idea to keep around us. I don't think we're supposed to give it away.

« Reply #796 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »
>Can we actually see the spirit if we look behind us now? (As in, not in the mirror)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #797 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
>Can we actually see the spirit if we look behind us now? (As in, not in the mirror)
[/quote

>You look over your shoulder.
>It is uncomfortably close to you, its face, as it were, less that a foot your your own. Its eyes seem to be looking into yours; you can't really tell, as they are just bits of ruby-colored flame.
>It's getting just a bit hard to breath properly, part of you wants very strongly to run very fast, as far away as you can from here.

>_

« Reply #798 on: June 21, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
>"Uh, hello? C-can you understand me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #799 on: June 21, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »
>"Uh, hello? C-can you understand me?"

>It doesn't respond to the question. Instead, it places its other hand on your other shoulder; leaving another strong feeling of tingling there.

>_

« Reply #800 on: June 21, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »
>Call out to Orin. "Uh, sis, I think maybe you should see this."
>Try touching the spirit's hand with our own. Is it still insubstantial?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #801 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »
>Call out to Orin. "Uh, sis, I think maybe you should see this."
>Try touching the spirit's hand with our own. Is it still insubstantial?

>"Gimme a minute," she calls back, "And you better be decent when I get there."
>You try to touch its hand. It You hand goes through it. But, now your fingers are tingling as well.
>The Forest Spirit moves, so that it is facing in front of you. Its arm passes through your head in the process, leaving a brief, dizzying numb sensation.
>It is in front of your now, partially phased through the sink, it's hands on your shoulders. It is most definitely looking into your eyes.

>_

« Reply #802 on: June 21, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »
>We ARE still decent, right?
>Make sure the charm is still within quick reach, in case something bad starts to happen
>Wait and see what happens

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #803 on: June 21, 2010, 05:17:31 PM »
> "Orin, get in here NOW!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #804 on: June 21, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
>We ARE still decent, right?
>Make sure the charm is still within quick reach, in case something bad starts to happen
>Wait and see what happens

>You are. Who takes off their necklaces last?
>The charm is on the sink.
>Yo feel the tingling sink into your shoulders; it's putting its hands through you!

> "Orin, get in here NOW!"

>"Coming, coming!" she says. The door opens; and she shrieks.
>The Forest Spirit vanishes.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #805 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
> "So, you saw it too."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #806 on: June 21, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
> "So, you saw it too."

>She nods mutely, eyes wide and mouth pressed into a hard thin line.
>You can still feel the tingling where it touched you.

>_

« Reply #807 on: June 21, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
>"I wonder why it ran off? Maybe it doesn't want to be seen by anyone else?"
>"It started to show up when I took this charm off. I guess there really WAS some spiritual power in it. I was kind of growing to think it was just a piece of paper..."
>"I- I wish I knew what it wanted it with me. I'm still not sure whether I should be terrified or not..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #808 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
>"I wonder why it ran off? Maybe it doesn't want to be seen by anyone else?"
>"It started to show up when I took this charm off. I guess there really WAS some spiritual power in it. I was kind of growing to think it was just a piece of paper..."
>"I- I wish I knew what it wanted it with me. I'm still not sure whether I should be terrified or not..."

>Orin nods again, not saying a word as you talk. Finally, she says, "I...I think maybe you're getting just a little too used to this!"

>_

« Reply #809 on: June 21, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »
>"Do I have a choice?"
>"...to be honest, sometimes I think I'm just growing numb to it all. It's almost too much to process, you know?"
>"Every now and then, if I let the events of yesterday sink in a bit, I just want run away and cry and pretend that none of it happened. But I can't. I know that unless I find out what is wrong with... with everything, none of this is going to go away. I just have to keep going."
>"Oh, Orin... Am- am I going to be ok?"
>Give her a hug.