Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81985 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »
> "Guh...  Can we leave now?"

> Not quite yet. We take these shortcuts frequently, don't we? Yet we've never seen these kids hanging around here like this before, have we? We should ask a few questions.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2010, 09:33:16 PM »
> Not quite yet. We take these shortcuts frequently, don't we? Yet we've never seen these kids hanging around here like this before, have we? We should ask a few questions.

>This is the first time you've seen them, and you do like your shortcuts...

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
>This is the first time you've seen them, and you do like your shortcuts...

>_

> "I've never seen you kids here before. What the hell're you doing here?"
> Try to sound more incredulous than angry.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
>"Actually..."
> Look down at the blue-haired girl.
> "Interesting little racket you have going. Asking for tolls and trying to beat up people who don't pay? So tell me, did you actually manage to make any money from it? If so, tell me who you took it from."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
> "I've never seen you kids here before. What the hell're you doing here?"
> Try to sound more incredulous than angry.

>It takes blue-hair a few moments to answer, as she finally succeeds in sitting up. "S'place to hang...No one to fuck with us...Cops don't care..."

>"Actually..."
> Look down at the blue-haired girl.
> "Interesting little racket you have going. Asking for tolls and trying to beat up people who don't pay? So tell me, did you actually manage to make any money from it? If so, tell me who you took it from."

>"Not really," she says. "Not what we do, really...just you were here...and...y'know..."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
> "Alright, go on then. And if I hear anything about you harassing people who pass by, you're gonna be in for some hurt, got it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »
> "Alright, go on then. And if I hear anything about you harassing people who pass by, you're gonna be in for some hurt, got it?"

>"Gonna get...your girlfriend...to beam me up again?" she asks.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:59 AM »
>"Nah, next time I'll have one of my own ^-^"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
>"Nah, next time I'll have one of my own ^-^"

>She tries to smirk, but it doesn't work right in her current state. "Like you could...even do it...this time."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2010, 01:14:35 AM »
>"Huh, maybe I'll get two for you then ^-^. Don't blame me if you get a taste for violet wands though ^-^. Oh wait, you could totally blame me. Oh well."

« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2010, 02:51:39 AM »
>Ponder if the zapping is anything we've come across before.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2010, 03:21:44 AM »
> "You've got some balls talking down to someone while you're sprawled out like that, especially since your, erm, crew abandoned you like this."
> "You talk a story though, what do you mean by that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »
>"Huh, maybe I'll get two for you then ^-^. Don't blame me if you get a taste for violet wands though ^-^. Oh wait, you could totally blame me. Oh well."

>She tries to snort, it doesn't work quite right. "Keep...hiding behind...them toys...wuss."

>Ponder if the zapping is anything we've come across before.

>You've never seen anyone be hit with a stungun before, no. Judging from Parsee's initial reaction, she hadn't either.

> "You've got some balls talking down to someone while you're sprawled out like that, especially since your, erm, crew abandoned you like this."
> "You talk a story though, what do you mean by that?"

>"Hard to respect someone who...gets her girl to come after...me with a taser, y'know?"
>"Huh? Mean by what?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2010, 12:37:17 AM »
> "Hard to respect someone who prefers not to fight and tries to get it overwith as quickly as possible when she finds herself in one? Huh. I find it hard to respect someone who picks fights for no real reason. Go figure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »
> "Hard to respect someone who prefers not to fight and tries to get it overwith as quickly as possible when she finds herself in one? Huh. I find it hard to respect someone who picks fights for no real reason. Go figure."

>"Keep talking like you actually...did something," says Blue-hair, as she tries to get to her feet. It seems like this process is going to take some time..

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #315 on: June 15, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
> "I didn't do anything because I wasn't interested in having a brawl!  Not everyone's first reaction to seeing someone else is 'beat them up' you know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #316 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:44 AM »
> "I didn't do anything because I wasn't interested in having a brawl!  Not everyone's first reaction to seeing someone else is 'beat them up' you know."

>"Sure was happy to have a...weak-ass kick at Dai," she answers, managing to get into kneel before having to stop.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #317 on: June 15, 2010, 12:52:34 AM »
> Roll eyes
> Look to Parsee.
> "Anyway, let's go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
> Roll eyes
> Look to Parsee.
> "Anyway, let's go."

>"Yeah, really," Parsee says. "I'm surprised you even cared enough to go back and forth with her like you did."

>_

« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
>Continue on to Akyuu's house
>Keep a casual eye on the teenager until you're out of sight

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
>Continue on to Akyuu's house
>Keep a casual eye on the teenager until you're out of sight

>You leave the alley, keeping an eye on bluehair. She's still trying to get to her feet, you don't think she'll be a problem for some tens of minutes yet.
>Approaching Miss Hieda's home, you can see that your home street is more or less as you left it. You are pretty sure Miss Hieda is home right now, she tends to be after 5. You also note that Satori is in your front yard, on her hands and knees digging away at her flower bed.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »
> "Oh, hey mo- er, Satori."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
> "Oh, hey mo- er, Satori."

>Satori looks up from her gardening, and waves.
>"Who's that?" Parsee asks.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »
> "Oh, that's Satori. She sort of raised me and Orin, and now she's our landlady... I think that's the word?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »
> "Oh, that's Satori. She sort of raised me and Orin, and now she's our landlady... I think that's the word?"

>"Well, if you pay her rent, she's a landlady," says Parsee. "Wish my mom was my landlady. Maybe she wouldn't be so uptight about the rent."
>Satori seems content not to bother you. You imagine that Orin told her everything thus far, though, given the amount of time she's hand.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
> "Er, yeah, it was the right word then. Anyway, I didn't come back here just to visit home. I wanted to try and talk with Akyu."
> Go up to Akyu's door and knock

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »
> "Er, yeah, it was the right word then. Anyway, I didn't come back here just to visit home. I wanted to try and talk with Akyu."
> Go up to Akyu's door and knock

>Parsee nods. "I figured so."
>You knock on door. After a moment, Miss Hieda opens it. "Oh, hello there, Okuu." She glances at Parsee. "And to you too, Miss...?"
>"Parsee."
>Miss Hieda nods. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »
> "Um... I wanted to talk to you about what happened with your house being condemned. It's kinda important because um... Er, is it alright if we come inside? It might be better not to talk about it out here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »
> "Um... I wanted to talk to you about what happened with your house being condemned. It's kinda important because um... Er, is it alright if we come inside? It might be better not to talk about it out here."

>"Alright," she says, standing aside to let you in.
>You enter into a combination of a front room and dining room. The hardwood floors are in desperate need of some work, the wallpaper is peeling, and some of the plaster from the ceiling seems to have crumbled a bit. There has been attempts to disguise this with rugs and paintings on the walls, but you can see it well enough. Aside from this, furnishings are sparse, just a kitchen table with a few chintzy looking-chairs. Obvious exits are north, south, and east.
>"I am surprised you were able to get someone so fast," says Miss Hieda. "Their bill will be a little difficult to deal with, but they've given me some rather generous time to deal with it, so I am sure I'll be able to handle it well enough. They were very polite, and quite helpful."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2010, 07:12:35 PM »
> "Well, I'm glad she was able to be helpful... The thing is that she said there was no reason for your house to be condemned. There were a few problems, but it wasn't below code. Tenma had something to do with it, right?"
> Pause.
> "Um... I'm sorry if I seem to be going into stuff that's not really any of my business. The thing is, I'm having some problems of my own. I was kinda... Followed, today. I confronted the one tailing me, and she said she was sent by the Scarlets. I talked to that Izayoi woman, and she said she knew absolutely nothing about it... So I don't know who's lying. But then it occurred to me... Maybe it was Tenma. After all, I was trying to help you out, and he got your house wrongly condemned..."