Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81339 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:35 AM »
> "Oh, thanks. I might do that."
> Did we know where to go to find the bikers?
> If so, "Anyway, see you later."
> If not, ask Parsee if she knows where to find them, before we head off.
> Either way, head to talk with Orin and Satori.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2010, 02:06:34 AM »
> Quests.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »
> Consider who else would have the money to hire someone just to follow us. Any of the Shrines? Usami Investigations? The Military?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2010, 10:05:06 AM »
> "Oh, thanks. I might do that."
> Did we know where to go to find the bikers?
> If so, "Anyway, see you later."
> If not, ask Parsee if she knows where to find them, before we head off.
> Either way, head to talk with Orin and Satori.

>She nods. "It might throw them off. "
>You remember Parsee mentioning something, so you ask her. "Oh, they have this old piece of shit house they rent in the Industrial park," says Parsee, "It's like two blocks east of my building, and a bit down the street. I don't know the number offhand, but you'll know it when you see it; the yard's pretty trashed up."
>You head toward a bus stop, Parsee following along. "So, what're you going to do?"

> Consider who else would have the money to hire someone just to follow us. Any of the Shrines? Usami Investigations? The Military?

>You consider who would have the money to hire someone to follow you. You don't think Usami Investigations would have 2000☼ to just throw around, and doesn't seem like their style. The Myouren Shrine has corporate backing and is pretty well off, so it would be easy for them to do this. The Moriya Shrine seemed pretty popular, so it may be within their grasp as well. That gray-haired lady at the docks might be able to afford it. And it's certainly within the US Military's power to do such a thing. By extension, you image it Research Institute could be filed into the same category. And, given there does seem to be some organized crime, according to Nue, maybe they are involved?

> Quests.

>Your Quests are:
>The World is Wrong
>You have an unshakable instinct telling you that something is critically awry with the world, enough to frighten you to the core of your being. You have vowed that you will find what it is. Having encountered something that looked a whole lot like a ghost, you may be onto something.
>Condemnation!
>You neighbor Miss Hieda's house has been condemned by those FUCKERS at City Hall. Nitori's friend established her plumbing was bad, but not below code. You have made an appointing with the City Commissioner at 10 AM tomorrow. But it leaves the question of why she lives in such a place when she's in a good job?
>Werehouse
>You have taken an interest in a recent heist of a local importer at the docks. You've learned the Sheriff is looking into it personally.
>Inflitrationism
>The Research Institute or the Military may hold the key to why the world is wrong. But getting into either of their facilities will be a challenge.
>Who's Got The Hook-Up?
>You need the assistance of people with access to high places, so that you can get into these kinds of places yourself.
>Pharming
>The owner of the pharmacy in the Skids has a job that needs to be done, apparently involving getting into the University.
>Tailer-made
>You've been followed by Nue Houjue. She claims the Scarlets paid her to do so, but the Administrative Chief has said otherwise.
>Your Self Appointed Goals are:
>Chase the Dream
>You've vowed you're gonna get accepted into that stupid university! Now, you have to pass the entry exam...

>_
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:38:00 AM by Diamonds Purvis »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
> "It'll probably be for the best to leave the bikers for tomorrow, so I might swing by the pharmacy and see what that 'job' is about."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »
> "It'll probably be for the best to leave the bikers for tomorrow, so I might swing by the pharmacy and see what that 'job' is about."

>"Okay," she says, as you approach the bus stop. "Well, actually, it might be better to deal with them first. If they do let you meet with someone, they'll probably need time to set it up. But we can do both things, the bikers will probably be around all night, if you're gonna use my place."
>You arrive at the bus stop, where will you be going, if anywhere?

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »
> Take Parsee up on her offer of using her couch.
> Hit up the pharmacy first so that we can get it out of the way.
> Make a note to call home.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2010, 02:47:43 PM »
> Take Parsee up on her offer of using her couch.
> Hit up the pharmacy first so that we can get it out of the way.
> Make a note to call home.

>"Okay. Don't worry, it folds out."
>You decide to head back toward the Skids. Thankfully, it is the next stop on the B-Route, so it should not take you long to get.
>You make a note to call home, before you recall you could actually do that right now if you wanted, thanks to Parsee giving you her old phone.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
> Go ahead and call home now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
> Go ahead and call home now.

>You call home while boarding the bus. It is moderately crowded, but little noise, mostly just bored people staring out the windows.
>You hear the other line ring a few times, before it picks up and Orin's voice answers, "Hello?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »
> "Hey, Orin, it's me. Um..."
> Take a deep breath and then just get it all out.
>"There's some weird stuff going on, and I'm not going to be home tonight. Someone was following me, and I'm not quite sure why. I confronted her and managed to get her to tell me that the Scarlets sent her, but I got in to talk with that Izayoi gal, the one who works straight for Remilia, and she said she has no idea about any of it. Um... I don't really have any idea what I'm dealing with, so I think that you and mom should probably be prepared just in case something happens."

> Sigh
> "This is all so unbelievable..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2010, 07:21:30 PM »
> "Hey, Orin, it's me. Um..."
> Take a deep breath and then just get it all out.
>"There's some weird stuff going on, and I'm not going to be home tonight. Someone was following me, and I'm not quite sure why. I confronted her and managed to get her to tell me that the Scarlets sent her, but I got in to talk with that Izayoi gal, the one who works straight for Remilia, and she said she has no idea about any of it. Um... I don't really have any idea what I'm dealing with, so I think that you and mom should probably be prepared just in case something happens."

> Sigh
> "This is all so unbelievable..."

>"What the hell?" Orin says. "You were being followed?! Oh my god! Are you okay?!" A pause. "Well, I guess you are. And you're not coming home tonight? Where are you going to be? I'll be careful, too. Maybe I'll stay with Mom's side, since you're not going to be around... Oh, and, um, who should I be looking our for?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
> "I'll be staying with Parsee. And I'm, um... Not really sure. I can barely believe that all of this is happening, much less figure any of it out. I guess... You might wanna try seeing about finding somewhere besides home to stay for now too. That's the best I can really think of. Other than that, just look out the window before answering the door if anything like that comes up, and try to avoid strangers. If there's a bunch of them, or they say that they're government officials or something, you might wanna just run. Or something... Gah, I don't know. I feel like I'm going crazy, but I just can't make sense of the whole situation. I know that Akyu had her house falsely condemned and Tenma has something to do with it, and then I helped with that... So I know the government is involved with some weird stuff somehow."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »
> "I'll be staying with Parsee. And I'm, um... Not really sure. I can barely believe that all of this is happening, much less figure any of it out. I guess... You might wanna try seeing about finding somewhere besides home to stay for now too. That's the best I can really think of. Other than that, just look out the window before answering the door if anything like that comes up, and try to avoid strangers. If there's a bunch of them, or they say that they're government officials or something, you might wanna just run. Or something... Gah, I don't know. I feel like I'm going crazy, but I just can't make sense of the whole situation. I know that Akyu had her house falsely condemned and Tenma has something to do with it, and then I helped with that... So I know the government is involved with some weird stuff somehow."

>"Alright," says Orin.  "I don't think we're gonna leave, because I'd rather not hide from you, but I'm gonna say with mom, so check the other side of the house when you come back. And I'll explain this as best I can to her. Okay?"
>There is a pause. "Wait, did you say with Parsee? are you still hanging out with her? That was supposed to be hours ago!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
> "She's been helping me out with all of this stuff. I'm not sure I would have caught the gal who was following me without her, to be honest, nor would I have managed to talk with that Izayoi woman afterward. She's been a big help... Though she didn't really go along with me to where I'm going to have to be going soon, so I left her outside City Hall."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
> "She's been helping me out with all of this stuff. I'm not sure I would have caught the gal who was following me without her, to be honest, nor would I have managed to talk with that Izayoi woman afterward. She's been a big help... Though she didn't really go along with me to where I'm going to have to be going soon, so I left her outside City Hall."

>Actually, she did follow you onto the bus. She's just been quiet since you're on the phone. We'll pretend she didn't hear that~
>"Wait. What's she doing following you around town... Dammit, Okuu! That was supposed to be a joke! I didn't think you've actually go out with her! It was just supposed to be an in when you both commiserated over being tricked!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
> "As I said, she's been helping me out. Why are you so upset about it anyway?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
> "As I said, she's been helping me out. Why are you so upset about it anyway?"

>"...It was only supposed to be a joke, that's all. I didn't think you'd actually run with it! Oh well. Anything else I should know?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »
> "Not that I can think of. I'll call you again later if anything else comes up, alright?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
> "Not that I can think of. I'll call you again later if anything else comes up, alright?"

>"Right. Oh, can you give me Parsee's number, so I can reach you if I need to? Or any other number you think I ought to try to reach you?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »
> "Oh, yeah, just let me ask her."
> Take phone away from head and turn to Parsee
> "Hey, it's fine if I give Orin your number so that she can reach us, right?"
> If answer is yes, then give Orin the phone number.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »
> "Oh, yeah, just let me ask her."
> Take phone away from head and turn to Parsee
> "Hey, it's fine if I give Orin your number so that she can reach us, right?"
> If answer is yes, then give Orin the phone number.

>"Just give her the number of that mobile," says Parsee, "It's yours now."
>You do this. "Alright, I'll call if anything happens," says Orin. "Bye, and keep in touch. Good luck!"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
> "Alright, I will. And thanks. Bye~"
> Hang up the phone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »
> "Alright, I will. And thanks. Bye~"
> Hang up the phone.

>"Sounds like things are good," Parsee says.
>Glancing out the window, you can see the Bus is entering the Skids. Your stop, near the check-cashing place is just up ahead. The Pharmacy should be only a block away.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
> "For now at least. I hope my fears are unfounded, but I didn't want to risk it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
> "For now at least. I hope my fears are unfounded, but I didn't want to risk it."

>"Yeah," says Parsee, nodding. "It's one thing to have agents after you, but something else to have them after your friends. I really hope it doesn't come to that."
>The bus reaches your stop. Disembarking, return to the familiar run-down Skids, with its cracked pavement, uneven sidewalks, and old buildings. Across the street is a check cashing place; you've never bothered with it since apparently they take 5% off the top. Your house is only a few blocks away. To the west, a half block away, is the pharmacy. The streets are empty. You see a few crows on the power lines, watching the world below them. Obvious exists are North, South, East, and West.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
> Our destination was the pharmacy, right? Head there if so

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »
> Our destination was the pharmacy, right? Head there if so

>That is what you had in mind.
>You head toward to the Pharmacy. It's a small store, not much larger than a house. It's facade is old brick, looking like something built back in the fifties, which may well be the case. It is simply named "Pharmacy", with an old lit plastic sign at the edge of the empty parking lot.
>Entering the pharmacy, you hear a bit of weak muzak you can hardly hear playing over the speakers. The floor is covered with tight, cramped shelves offering numerous personal products and health foods. The whole back of the store is taken up by a counter, where the actual pharmaceuticals are kept. You can see a small woman with red hair ribbon and a matching dress behind the counter, working on something. Were it not for her being behind the counter, you would think she was just another customer. You've seen her before on prior visits here, but you can't even call her a passing acquaintance.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
> Approach the counter and ask the woman about what we heard from Rinnosuke.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
>She looks up at you, and grins. "Well then, you're interested in that?" she glances around, making sure there is no one around. "Alright. This is what I want. Recently, the biology department at the University got a shipment of platypus venom. I want it. I don't care how you get it, as long as it's intact and no one can trace it to me. I'll pay 1000☼. Are you in?"

>_