Author Topic: Random Translations & Requests  (Read 180794 times)

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
Re: Random Translations & Requests
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »
What do the two lines of text at the end of this video mean? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejImIcVyM8)
Something like
"I wish that gensoukyou will be like this for ever."
In an old tongue.

============================================================================================
Hey everyone. First off, I'd like to thank Sabino for his great translation work. A friend of mine recently showed me the Third Touhou M-1 Grand Prix and I enjoyed it a lot. From there I came across Sabino's other works on Furienify's channel and they were great, too. Mazai is hilarious. :D

Getting to the reason for my posting, Koumajou Densetsu 2 came out at the most recent Comiket and if you beat it, a couple of omake episodes are unlocked. Since it didn't seem like there were any other translations out, and I didn't know that Frontier Aja planned to release an English patch, I decided to translate the first one. I was wondering if I could get some critique and advice on my translation. I'm still a novice when it comes to Japanese (I've only taken it for three semesters now, on my fourth currently) and this is the first time I've translated anything, so I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks for your time, and without further ado, Omake 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnHWCVNtwIw

EDIT: In particular, if anyone would like to share their ideas on "akai tokoro no tsuita soumen" and "soumen no akai tokoro", that would be great. My comments are in the video description, but to sum up, I really haven't the foggiest what they mean.
Firstly, thank you very much on the comment on the M-1, athough it goes through delays in the process here and there I?m glad that people still enjoy them. :)

For the Koumajyou densetsu stuff, I'd be glad to help out in any way if you can provide me with a text file or anything of the sort so I can go through quick edits or suggestions. It's often times more convinient than youtube.

About the akai tokoro/ red spot, it's as its name states, a red somen noodle mixed in with the others.
It was originally something that Hiyamugi -a brother of somen, so to speak- had, but since it was so popular to the children, they've imported in to somen.
I'm guessing it brings out how childish remilia is on the inside. =D

=========================================================================================

Well, yeah, I've been looking for the actual jap lyrics for a while, but I wasn't able to find anything at all.

But still, I'm leaving this here, if someone actually takes their time to translate everything by ear.

As/Hi ~ Only End

Although I can try I can't promise anything for now, but definitely I'll come back and translate it if anybody finds a lyric card for this.

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #421 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »
the comment on the M-1, athough it goes through delays in the process here and there I?m glad that people still enjoy them. :)
I've just finished watching through what Furienify has uploaded of 4th Touhou M-1 Grand Prix. Sooooo funny. Looking forward to seeing the rest translated. : D

For the Koumajyou densetsu stuff, I'd be glad to help out in any way if you can provide me with a text file or anything of the sort so I can go through quick edits or suggestions. It's often times more convinient than youtube.
Sure thing. Should I just post it here, or should I send it in an email or something?

About the akai tokoro/ red spot, it's as its name states, a red somen noodle mixed in with the others.
It was originally something that Hiyamugi -a brother of somen, so to speak- had, but since it was so popular to the children, they've imported in to somen.
I'm guessing it brings out how childish remilia is on the inside. =D
Wow, amazing. : O How did you find that out so quickly? I asked both of my Japanese professors and they were at a loss, so I tried asking Frontier Aja, but they haven't replied to me yet... ;_; Still not entirely sure how I'd translate that, though... It's just red soumen noodles? Why not just say akai soumen, then? ??? At the very least, it doesn't sound appropriate to say red marked soumen anymore.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2011, 01:07:52 AM »
Sure thing. Should I just post it here, or should I send it in an email or something?
If uploading the text somewhere and posting/pm-ing me a link to it sounds inconvenient, sure, you can email me.
Just give me a PM if you'd like my email.

Wow, amazing. : O How did you find that out so quickly? I asked both of my Japanese professors and they were at a loss, so I tried asking Frontier Aja, but they haven't replied to me yet... ;_; Still not entirely sure how I'd translate that, though... It's just red soumen noodles?
Well I at least think what I pulled out of my rusting brain was what they meant.
Since kids treat it like the lucky strip of noodle -like some sort of winner in those surprise snacks- so why not go around things like "the lucky one marked in red." or "the rare red strip" or something.

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:27 AM »
Sadly I can't PM people; I don't have enough posts yet. I've uploaded the script here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aap1bw5jikzlstc

It's in a text document. Sorry if it's a little hard to read. :S Thanks a bunch! : D

Well I at least think what I pulled out of my rusting brain was what they meant.
Since kids treat it like the lucky strip of noodle -like some sort of winner in those surprise snacks- so why not go around things like "the lucky one marked in red." or "the rare red strip" or something.
Ahh, I see. Yeah, I don't have nearly enough Japanese cultural knowledge to figure something like that out. I didn't even know what uni was until a few days ago when I was translating omake 2. As for how to actually translate the term, I don't want anything too long or unnatural sounding. It's pretty funny how sometimes Japanese can be oddly concise when describing something, while other times it can seem tremendously inefficient. But yeah, the impression I seemed to get from the omake is that they're only talking about the red soumen... But it would definitely be a little sloppy to just disregard the meaning behind why red soumen is special...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:27:27 AM by liger »

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:11 AM »
Sadly I can't PM people; I don't have enough posts yet. I've uploaded the script here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aap1bw5jikzlstc

It's in a text document. Sorry if it's a little hard to read. :S Thanks a bunch! : D
Ahh, I see. Yeah, I don't have nearly enough Japanese cultural knowledge to figure something like that out. I didn't even know what uni was until a few days ago when I was translating omake 2. As for how to actually translate the term, I don't want anything too long or unnatural sounding. It's pretty funny how sometimes Japanese can be oddly concise when describing something, while other times it can seem tremendously inefficient. But yeah, the impression I seemed to get from the omake is that they're only talking about the red soumen... But it would definitely be a little sloppy to just disregard the meaning behind why red soumen is special...
Don't worry, I read text files way too often these days.

So I've gone through it, and you look quite ok on most parts, and I guess it's only those parts like that red noodles
One other thing similar to that may be
Yakumi≒Spice, so rather than unneeded, the joke was that they were actually adding to the taste of Remi and Sakuya
(Traditional Yakumi includes Wasabi, green leek, garnishes...etc.)

But anyhow, that's only my pointless referencing, and otherwise, I think you're set.

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05:15 AM »
Woah, that was fast. : O Ah yeah about yakumi, I had thought that one over a decent amount, and was debating between "I guess we're not needed" and "I guess we're just extras", and thought that the former conveyed the sense that Sakuya was the one Remi care about most, better. But I guess it's important to not lose the entire meaning, and to convey the additive sense of the others instead of being unnecessary. Japanese metaphors are quite the handful. @_@ Thanks for the help!

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:53 AM »
any time if its for a fellow touhou fan translator :)

« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
Just wondering... Could anyone translate Mima's ending in TH3? :ohdear:

http://touhouendings.wikkii.com/wiki/Th03#Ending_2_-_Mima

Please and thanks!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »
Well I can only give you appreciation for your work here... but I also seem to have a pressing matter to resolve.

人々
This would be from goggle translator, that probably does not make that much sense...
Also from Touhou wikis, Ningen would be the word that appears there (with this... 人間)

I am looking for a word, that would describe the word "Human" as a race, much like Yōsei, Kappa, Tengu and such...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:06:37 PM by Berzul »

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
Just wondering... Could anyone translate Mima's ending in TH3? :ohdear:
Since I don't feel like making Wiki edits now, I'll quickly sum it up.

Since Yumemi can't do anything magic related, Mima wished for the moon to be showing all the time.
Yumemi solved that wish by moving the moon 4 times the distance now so the moon became in sync with the earth.
Mima got her wish of seeing the moon all the time, and was bustling with magic power.
But, even though she got all the more power, she only used it to troll Reimu like all the other days.
Happily ever after.

I am looking for a word, that would describe the word "Human" as a race, much like Yōsei, Kappa, Tengu and such...
Ningen (人間) Hito (人) Jinrui(人類)

« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
You could finish part 3 for completion's sake if it's no problem, people might get confused if they (for whatever reason) actually watched it all through in Japanese. But it's not explicitly Touhou-related so it's not the main reason people would be watching...

« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
Thanks for the translation!

Also, sorry about this, but could I request one more thing? I have the lyrics to a Touhou arrange here:

後輩達に物申すわ
先輩を敬いなさいよ
上に従うのは常識
上下関係は大切よ!

文部科学省バカヤロー!
これが?
ゆとり教育の弊害か?

跪け!私は偉くてあなたは私の下僕なの
自重して!言うこと聞いてよ
今時の若い子、手に負えない(?;ω;`)

ピチピチな肌が憎いの
若い芽は摘まなきゃならない!

世代交代に焦るけど
今は?
この威厳を守らなくちゃ?

跪け!私は偉くてあなたは私の下僕なの
自重して!言うこと聞いてよ
今時の若い子、手に負えない(?;ω;`)
もう嫌だー!!!!

手のかかる子ほど可愛いけれどね
これはさすがに酷過ぎる?

跪け!私は偉くてあなたは私の下僕なの
自重して!言うこと聞いてよ
今時の若い子 どうして歯向かうの?
もういい加減にして!!!!

いつか操れると思っていたけれど
もう諦めた (`・ω・?)

If you want to hear the song, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72svAi_qD_A&hd=1

Thanks!

« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2011, 10:42:09 PM »
http://info.nicovideo.jp/toho/

What is this about !?

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2011, 08:06:21 AM »
You could finish part 3 for completion's sake if it's no problem, people might get confused if they (for whatever reason) actually watched it all through in Japanese.
Wait, sorry, what's this about?
=====================================================================================

Also, sorry about this, but could I request one more thing? I have the lyrics to a Touhou arrange here:
Thanks!

I'm gonna tell you youngsters something
Respect your elders
It's common sense to abide the people above you
Hirechy is important!

Those idiots at the ministry of education!
This...
This is what the Yutori* teaching style has caused...

Kneel down! I'm your superior and you're my slave
Restrain yourself! Listen to what I say.
Children these days are just so uncontrollable (?;ω;`)

I'm jealous of their young and glossy skin
Young sprouts need to get weeded out fast!

We're pressured by the generation change, but
for now...
We must keep our dignity...

Children these days are just so uncontrollable (?;ω;`)
I can't take this any more!

They say troublesome children are all the much cuter, but
This is going overboard...

Why do children these days always defy us?
Give me a break already!!!

I thought I could find some way to use you one day
But I gave up already (`・ω・?)

*Yutori - Time period (Around 2002)when Japanese education became very lax-ed out
Figuratively speaking; the time period when π became 3

=====================================================================================
What is this about !?

A touhou portal for Nico Nico Seiga.
It apparently sums up all the hot touhou topics in Nico Nico (Video, pictures, live... etc.)

...Although what I found more interesting was the red advertisement at the top, which said that they're gonna do an interview with ZUN after Reitaisai.

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #434 on: February 27, 2011, 04:53:56 AM »
Hey Sabino. I've got another script translated; it's for Omake 2 of Koumajou Densetsu 2. If you get the time, could you check it over for me? If anyone else is interested, please take a look as well. : D

Script:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hjdcq0nqh8blxrh

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQGDE9GJxE

To go a little more in depth on points I'm concerned about....

* Ko: Yo, ghosts! How's life? (よーう、死人ども! 生きてるかい?)
I tried to think of a way to translate this that matched Komachi's joking, cause she addresses them as dead people, but asks something like "Are you alive?". Dunno if this translates well...

** Ko: Of course, that's not all. Here, sake no ate. (もちろんタダでってわけじゃーないよ?ほれ、酒のアテ)
I have no idea what sake no ate is. "ate" doesn't seem to translate into anything meaningful, and google translate spits out "Athens Sake", which I doubt it correct since the ordering is sake no ate, rather than ate no sake. The latter would imply sake belonging to ate, whatever that is, but it's not the case. And within the context of the dialog, it has to somehow relate to tea snacks.

* Yo: Eh...... Geh! What the hell!? B,b,bafun!? (えっ。。。。。。ぎえっ! なにこれ!?ば、ば、馬糞!?)
* Ko: Oh, good eyes! These are Ezobafun uni, the rarest and highest grade of all uni! (おっ、お目が高いね!これはエゾバフンウニっていってな、ウニのなかでも最高級な逸品よ!)
In this set of lines I wasn't sure whether to translate the term bafun to horse manure or to leave it in Japanese. Like I mention in my translator notes, this is joke based on Japanese word play, so I haven't the slightest idea how I could translate this into English and keep the same kind of joke. If I were to translate it, the best I could come up with would be to change Komachi's lines to make more sense like "Not at all! These are ezobafun uni...". I'd prefer not to change the original meaning of the line, though. Also, what do you think? Should ezobafun uni be translated? Ezobafun, as far as I know, is a proper noun so I am inclined to leave it as is. However uni, much like soumen in my previous script, is somewhat of a general food term that just happens to be Japanese. Like how one probably wouldn't translate spaghetti into Italian noodles, I decided in my previous script to leave soumen untranslated. I think uni falls into the same category, but I was wondering what you thought about this kind of translation.

Yo: I, I was just!(わっ、私だって!)
Yk: Oh, I was just what? (あら、私だって何かしら?)
Yo: I was just thinking of getting one or two delicacies...... (私だって、そんな珍味のひとつやふたつ。。。。。。)
This set of lines is a little annoying because of the incomplete sentences, so translating requires a lot of interpretation based on context. I think what I have right now makes sense, but might not be a correct translation.

Yo: Yes! There's nothing I can't butcher! (はいっ! だいたいなんでも斬ることができます!)
Ko: Butcher...... What are you going to do? Prep tuna or something? (き、斬れて。。。。。。どうするんだ?マグロの解体でもするのか?)
This passage is related to the previous one, so everything needs to make sense together. I wasn't totally sure how to translate "kiru koto". It generally has to do with killing/slicing/etc., but the general idea I got for this passage is that Youmu wants to go out and find some animal to kill and make into a delicacy.

Yo: It seems spicy but isn't spicy, a little spicy, that! (辛そうで辛くない、少し辛いアレ、です!)
More odd Japanese sentence construction and vague nouns... This can probably be phrased this better.

Yk: That's just something that became popular because there was a shortage of supply, right? (単に流行ってて、ちょっと品薄ってところでしょ)
I think this is translated correctly, but I feel like it could be interpreted various ways?

Yk: How busy. (慌しいわね)
Eh, this just sounds a bit awkward. I couldn't think of anything better at the time, so I just went with a literal translation.

That's about all the main points I was concerned with. Not that there aren't other points in the text that may also have problems... >_> Thanks for your time. : D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:20:35 AM by liger »

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #435 on: February 27, 2011, 08:00:33 AM »
Hey Sabino. I've got another script translated; it's for Omake 2 of Koumajou Densetsu 2. If you get the time, could you check it over for me? If anyone else is interested, please take a look as well. : D

>* Ko: Yo, ghosts! How's life? (よーう、死人ども! 生きてるかい?)
"Yo, ghosts, you alive down there?"
Kind of thing... but, I like yours better  :)

>酒のアテ
酒のアテis litterally speaking, some snacks to go with sake. (As with many other cultures, Japanese people prefer something to eat on the side of alcohol) Usually, people tend to use words like 酒の肴(酒菜), but it generally means the same thing.
In this context, they generally used it just for treats.

>Uni
My suggestion is to just keep it in the Japanese and put side/end notes on it.
Since Bafun uni's english name is green sea urchin. It isn't even accurate, nor is it funny.

>Incomplete sentences~Butchering
I think these are ok they way they are too, agreed on the way you decided to translate the parts about the butchering and all.

>Yo: It seems spicy but isn't spicy, a little spicy, that! (辛そうで辛くない、少し辛いアレ、です!)
辛そうで辛くない、少し辛いラー油
English interpretation might be along the lines of "That 'something' that seems spicy~"

>Yk: That's just something that became popular because there was a shortage of supply, right? (単に流行ってて、ちょっと品薄ってところでしょ)
This one, a bit off since you missed a bit of the previous line and maybe the item it's self.
"It's only rare now because it suddenly became a craze and it's short on supply now."

>Yk: How busy. (慌しいわね)
I think it's ok the way it is, but otherwise maybe "Somebody's going to be busy." or something like that?

Also, I looked over your scripts and maybe some points of suggestion.
(Line 18) Yu: It would have just been a little more, eh? (あともう少しだったのにねえ)
I think, this one was closer to "We were almost there, weren't we?"

(Line 23)* Yu: I understand. I don't think you would have been able to stop them either. / I think you did all you could at the time. (わかっているわ。私も妖夢がそこまでやってくれると思っていなかったんだもの)
My vote is for the first one, since it sounded as if Yuyuko was doubting Youmu's abilities.

(Line 62)Yo: The...... the pimples...... one of them is...... staring at me...... (ぶ。。。。。。ぶつぶつが。。。。。。ひとつぶひとつぶが。。。。。。こっちを見てる。。。。。。)
one of them ⇒ Each one of them

(Line 79)Yk: Poor little Youmu trying to find a more delicious delicacy to bring back? (何もできない妖夢は置いておいて、もっと美味しい珍味でも食べにでかけませんこと?)
More like, "Why don't we leave poor little Youmu who can't do anything for us, and go on a trip to eat some more delicacies?"

(Line 116)Ko: By rare you mean that...... right? (稀少、ていうか。。。。。。なあ?)
Might be closer to "Well, it might be rare alright... but, it's... well, you know."

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #436 on: February 27, 2011, 09:07:29 AM »
Oh wow, Sabino. You're awesome! : D Your comments are so enlightening. I don't even understand how you knew about sukoshi karai. That's just amazing.

酒のアテis litterally speaking, some snacks to go with sake.
Hah. Komachi just making things unnecessarily complicated by using a different term for the same thing. I guess I'll just translate this as tea snack, as well.

My suggestion is to just keep it in the Japanese and put side/end notes on it.
Since Bafun uni's english name is green sea urchin. It isn't even accurate, nor is it funny.
I see. Yeah I was mostly concerned because there's this one video I watched, Otaking's Anime Fansub Documentary, strongly supported translating the Japanese as much as possible. But there are definitely some cases where you can't do so without losing a lot of the original meaning, like in this case. Since you didn't recommend translating it either, I think I'll just leave it, and the TL notes I have.

>Yo: It seems spicy but isn't spicy, a little spicy, that! (辛そうで辛くない、少し辛いアレ、です!)
辛そうで辛くない、少し辛いラー油
English interpretation might be along the lines of "That 'something' that seems spicy~"
Please don't stop being awesome. : D I was really wondering what that was referring to. However, it seems that "are" really just is some vague thing. Perhaps "That somewhat spicy 'something' that seems spicy but isn't spicy"? Although I feel like the "somewhat spicy" should be at the end... I could go with just "That 'something' that seems spicy" but I don't want to trim off the whole name so much. Maybe... "That seemingly spicy, yet not spicy, somewhat spicy 'something'"?

>Yk: That's just something that became popular because there was a shortage of supply, right? (単に流行ってて、ちょっと品薄ってところでしょ)
This one, a bit off since you missed a bit of the previous line and maybe the item it's self.
"It's only rare now because it suddenly became a craze and it's short on supply now."
Ahh, I see. That makes so much more sense now. I thought that my interpretation was a little bit off, and the the product itself was popular for some reason, but was undergoing a shortage.

>Yk: How busy. (慌しいわね)
I think it's ok the way it is, but otherwise maybe "Somebody's going to be busy." or something like that?
I see. Hmm, I guess I'll leave it, then.

(Line 18) Yu: It would have just been a little more, eh? (あともう少しだったのにねえ)
I think, this one was closer to "We were almost there, weren't we?"
Ah, yes. That sounds much better in English.

(Line 23)* Yu: I understand. I don't think you would have been able to stop them either. / I think you did all you could at the time. (わかっているわ。私も妖夢がそこまでやってくれると思っていなかったんだもの)
My vote is for the first one, since it sounded as if Yuyuko was doubting Youmu's abilities.
I see. Yeah I wasn't really sure if she was either doubting Youmu's ability, or trying to console her for being unable to stop Sakuya and company. Context of the situation is Youmu is the stage 3 boss of the game. You beat her to eventually get to Yuyuko, the stage 7 boss of the game, who you beat to move on to the last stage. But the construction of the Japanese seems to suggest the former.

(Line 62)Yo: The...... the pimples...... one of them is...... staring at me...... (ぶ。。。。。。ぶつぶつが。。。。。。ひとつぶひとつぶが。。。。。。こっちを見てる。。。。。。)
one of them ⇒ Each one of them
I see. I interpreted hitotsubu hitotsubu as her stuttering a bit. But I guess it makes more sense that it's not just one, but all of them are staring at her, hahah.

(Line 79)Yk: Poor little Youmu trying to find a more delicious delicacy to bring back? (何もできない妖夢は置いておいて、もっと美味しい珍味でも食べにでかけませんこと?)
More like, "Why don't we leave poor little Youmu who can't do anything for us, and go on a trip to eat some more delicacies?"
Ahhhh. Oite oite. As in, put youmu someplace and leave without her. Ahhhhhhhhh, that makes a lot more sense!

(Line 116)Ko: By rare you mean that...... right? (稀少、ていうか。。。。。。なあ?)
Might be closer to "Well, it might be rare alright... but, it's... well, you know."
This sentence was really vague so I wasn't sure how to interpret it. Having seen your comments for the line that comes after this one, this makes a lot more sense now.

I forgot to ask about this one line:
* Yk: I have a gift, too. Here, take a look, they're like jewels. (手土産もあるわよ?ほら、この宝石みたいな姿をごらんになって?)
Any comments, or do you think this is fine as is?

Whew! Thanks so much for the help! Everything is much clearer. Making edits now. I'll hopefully have the translation up by the end of the week. Kind of contemplating trying to do real subtitles instead of youtube annotations since they take so long... No idea how I'd go about doing that, though. Speaking of the video, did you watch it, or did you just read the script? If you watched it, what did you think of the pacing? In the game you scroll through the text manually, so I tried to have the dialog proceed naturally.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:24:55 AM by liger »

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »
I forgot to ask about this one line:Any comments, or do you think this is fine as is?

Speaking of the video, did you watch it, or did you just read the script?
I think it's completely ok... well I can stress about Yukari's fancy talking style, but I think that's beside the point.

As for the video, sorry mate, I only skimmed through the script and didn't actually watch the vid yet. I might soon.
=================================================================================

Since the talk about Touhou13 seems to be the fad, I think I'll just translate the blog post by ZUN if others haven't already (Although I strongly doubt it.)

There was no Febuary to begin with.
Anyhow, there's been days where it suddenly snowed or suddenly became cold, but we finally see the approach of spring.
And, just like all the other years, we will be joining the Hakurei Shrine Reitaisai.
What we have this year is
"13th Touhou Project, Touhou Shinreibyou (Mausoleum of Godly Spirit) ~Ten Desires~" (Trial edition)

Touhou came all the way to 13 now (In reality, it's much more than 13). But if you think it as 1 game per year, I'd think that the population playing the games probably changed by now.
So this time I kept the difficulty down and toned down with the system complexity.

Putting things bluntly, the story goes like, "Some bunch of spirits suddenly sprang out, but they were actually godly spirits. Somebody needs to check this out, and thus the girls are off to investigate about this.", or something like that.
Stories are non existent even if they're there all along.
Our protagonists are Reimu and Marisa as usual, Sanae who plots to use the godly spirits to her advantage, and Youmu who intends to exterminate all the godly spirits that aren't under her right, coming up to a total of 4.

[ img] all those flashy screenshots.jpg [/img]
"Since when were godly spirits something that spawned out of nowhere like pests?"

Currently in development aiming for that good feeling of defeating enemies even if the difficulty is low.

Have your eyes peeled for the new and improves "like always"!

*The game screens are still in development so they'll be different from the actual game. There, it changed already.

Oh, I forgot to write about it, but we're only distributing the trial edition at the Reitaisai.

Yawn... to think ZUN put this up while I was happily sleeping... now back to sleep...

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
Hahah yeah, I kind of thought that the way I had it somewhat didn't fit her way of speaking, but if the meaning is correct then that's good.

No big about the video, I didn't really expect you to watch it. It's really me being neurotic about getting everything perfect is all. Thanks again for the help. : D

Cool translation of the Th13 announcement, too. I'm not the biggest fan of the Touhou games (mostly because I'm awful at them), but hearing that a new traditional Touhou is coming out, especially with Youmu as a playable character, is pretty awesome.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #439 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »
It's not often I request stuff, but this has been brought to my attention.

If possible, could you (or anyone) translate these two pages? Even if it says nothing important and is just a review, I still would like to read it out of interest.

http://boonce.org/up/touhouova1.jpg

http://boonce.org/up/touhouova2.jpg

It would help if you make it clear which bit is for which section; but you know that already. ^^ As I said, I don't care if it's just someone talking about it; I want to read this.

Thank you very much. <3

[Edit: Thanks PC for re-posting the links.]

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #440 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:39 AM »
Kind of hard to translate 404 errors. Or kind of easy?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #442 on: March 03, 2011, 01:27:29 AM »
Why thank you PC; I didn't even see it get taken down. ><

Sorry about that everyone. I'll update my post with those links now. Thanks again. ^^

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #443 on: March 04, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
I just finished translating CoLA Chapter 21. I don't know why 20 and 22 were already done but 21 was skipped over, but that little issue has been rectified. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Curiosities_of_Lotus_Asia/Chapter_21

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #444 on: March 06, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
Okay, I looked some more and found absolutely nothing of the lyrics for only end.

Though I come with actual lyrics for Kirisome no Amuneija.

霧染めのアムネイジア

永い夜と夜との間瞼にかかった砂を落とした甘く虚ろなまどろみは跡形も無いAmnesia(アムネイジア)

花を散らすわどの色がいいの?枯れ落ちた花弁(きおく)はどこへ往くのかわからない

紅霧(きり)に染まった瞳は窓に映した双子の月重ならぬこと受け入れたはずなのに (星屑のようにこぼれる涙) 羽根をもがれた少女(カーミラ) 光が眩しいことすら知らないまま愛しい日々を求めて手をかざした

幼い日々を辿っていく思い出はそっと消えゆくだけ届かぬ夜の崖(は)てで嗚呼泰然と舞うInsomnia(インソムニア)

鏡に映る手に入らぬ未来(あす) Trill(トリル)のように鳴る子守唄(しらべ)だけが愛しくて

契(ちぎ)られた花は脆く喉を通る血の味のようにただ幻想(ゆめ)の中触れたいと願っても (目の前の暗闇に墜ちていく) 散り逝く定めでもいい涙だけを乾かす温もりが在れば明ける夜さえも要らないわ解かり合える

どうして孤独(ひと)り来ない朝をどれだけ待つの?ああ またひとつ花が散っていくわああ

紅霧(きり)に染まった瞳は窓に映した双子の月重ならぬこと受け入れたはずなのに (星屑のようにこぼれる涙) 羽根をもがれた少女(わたし)は光が眩しいことすら知らないまま愛しい日々を求めて手をかざした

愛しい日々を求めて
朝を待つの

If someone could, I'd be thankful.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #445 on: March 06, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
I just finished translating CoLA Chapter 21. I don't know why 20 and 22 were already done but 21 was skipped over, but that little issue has been rectified. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Curiosities_of_Lotus_Asia/Chapter_21
Thanks a bunch!

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #446 on: March 07, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
Ah, I'm wondering if I can request a translation of this info page? I'm rather curious as to what it says...

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #447 on: March 07, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »
I think it says something like this.

System:

* Genre
2D sidescrolling action RPG
* Control
8-directional movement + 4 buttons.
* New system
Triangle jump.
* Stage count
Increased compared to previous game.
* Difficulty
3 levels (Extra opens if cleared on normal difficulty or higher)
* There was too much money in the previous game
This time you won't have enough money.
* Momiji
Cute.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:15:56 PM by Arknarok »

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #448 on: March 08, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »
Ah, thank you.

« Reply #449 on: March 09, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
ZUN's interview for 4gamer.net is over 5 years old and still hasn't been translated.
http://www.4gamer.net/specials/shanghai_alice/zone_k.shtml